Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
Upon further thinking (a dangerous thing for me ;) ) I don't believe that they thought the Mounties would "get their men". I think their final act was one great big F-U to the RCMP that they did NOT get their men ...... they got the "bodies" and could do nothing further to them than just that.
Agree 100%. They were ending this THEIR way.

Snippets from the RCMP report:

100% complete coincidence, that could never have been planned, I know.
Yet the time being the same is intriguing and a bit eerie. JMO

On Monday, July 15, 2019, at approximately 7:19 a.m., the Fort Nelson RCMP responded to a report of two deceased persons near Highway 97, south of the Liard River Hot Springs in British Columbia.

On July 19, 2019 at approximately 7:19 a.m., the Dease Lake RCMP responded to a vehicle fire on Highway 37.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Based on that excellent article that went up Friday from the Globe and Mail I wanted to post the photos and an updated map on where exactly they found Kam and Bryer. I also included all the evidence markers in the Google Maps image I made. Interesting, Bryer and Kam did not make it as far as we were lead to believe according to the map shown in that mini video documentary with the Mayor of Gillam. The original map that went up had given them about an additional mile further down the river. Also notice, the spot where they killed themselves. I can't for the life of me believe they were ever trapped there or couldn't get back up the slope. The bottom of those cliff faces, absolutely, they would have been trapped. But those toppled trees falling down into the river where the bank collapsed would have made for fairly easy climbing back up to the woods. They chose this spot when they were ready.

In that 4th picture in the above group (shorelinefinale), showing the spot where the bodies were found. . . how interesting that the natural landscape of trees and brush leading down to the river form the image of an ARROW. Doesn't mean anything, really, but our minds are expert at finding and recognizing patterns, and it sure jumped out at me! MOO. Maybe there are many visually similar spots along the river, or maybe that also stood out to Billy Beardy, and helped him to remember the spot on the shore they were looking for. IMO

Snippets from the RCMP report:

100% complete coincidence, that could never have been planned, I know.
Yet the time being the same is intriguing and a bit eerie. JMO

On Monday, July 15, 2019, at approximately 7:19 a.m., the Fort Nelson RCMP responded to a report of two deceased persons near Highway 97, south of the Liard River Hot Springs in British Columbia.

On July 19, 2019 at approximately 7:19 a.m., the Dease Lake RCMP responded to a vehicle fire on Highway 37.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

IKR, I noticed that too.

I will say I had no trouble accepting that K and B were the killers of L and C and Prof D instantly after that, as these things are not unique. K and B were no originals, and young men do this with what seems like monotonous regularity all around the world in this century.
SBM
Very true... I had no issue believing they killed all 3 as well.
So maybe no crystal ball Trooper, but once that penny dropped, your subsequent predictions were spot on. JMHO

Prof Dyck was approximately 5'8" compared to Kam's 6'4" and a much heavier-built man. I don't think Kam could wear his rain pants even if he wanted to. MOO
True, but they usually come with suspenders and can be adjusted for the wearer's height. They don't really come in specific lengths. I take your point, though, so I could certainly be wrong. I'm 5'7" and always had to cuff mine at least twice. :)

Based on that excellent article that went up Friday from the Globe and Mail I wanted to post the photos and an updated map on where exactly they found Kam and Bryer. I also included all the evidence markers in the Google Maps image I made. Interesting, Bryer and Kam did not make it as far as we were lead to believe according to the map shown in that mini video documentary with the Mayor of Gillam. The original map that went up had given them about an additional mile further down the river. Also notice, the spot where they killed themselves. I can't for the life of me believe they were ever trapped there or couldn't get back up the slope. The bottom of those cliff faces, absolutely, they would have been trapped. But those toppled trees falling down into the river where the bank collapsed would have made for fairly easy climbing back up to the woods. They chose this spot when they were ready.
I thought the same thing about climbing back up! I have a mild disability and I thought, "heck, even I could climb back up using the trees and brush!".

True, but they usually come with suspenders and can be adjusted for the wearer's height. They don't really come in specific lengths. I take your point, though, so I could certainly be wrong. I'm 5'7" and always had to cuff mine at least twice. :)
I must confess I have no personal experience with rain pants, but when I googled men's rain pants, all the examples I found had no suspenders and came in a variety of sizes. I don't find it hard to believe Kam had his own, though they're apparently pricey, especially since he and Bryer camped and played Airsoft with each other in the woods. MOO

I must confess I have no personal experience with rain pants, but when I googled men's rain pants, all the examples I found had no suspenders and came in a variety of sizes. I don't find it hard to believe Kam had his own, though they're apparently pricey, especially since he and Bryer camped and played Airsoft with each other in the woods. MOO
I bought them in a marine supply store. So I was probably premature in my statement. There aren't a lot of options when you are at a store that specializes in outdoor wear for commercial fishermen and mariners. :)

I bought them in a marine supply store. So I was probably premature in my statement. There aren't a lot of options when you are at a store that specializes in outdoor wear for commercial fishermen and mariners. :)
Haha Fair enough! :)

I have to wonder, though, if the rain pants weren't LD's. I honestly doubt whether KM and AS had enough foresight (or money) to think to bring foul weather gear along. They would have had to have known where they were ultimately headed.

While there are inexpensive versions of foul weather gear, the only type worth owning (IMO) are the quality of Helly Hansen, Gill, etc. I used to sail on deep sea-going tankers and the cheap stuff would just tear and fall apart if you even brushed up against something rough. Nobody who needed such "clothing" on a regular basis would have purchased the junky crap a person might find in a dollar store. Not that the two killers made common-sense decisions, of course.

I would agree, however, didn't Kam's father have a commercial ocean fishing business? I would think Kam spent some time on the boats, and that kind of foul weather gear is what they often wear. So maybe?

Yep. I disagree with the idea that playing violent video games generally leads to violent behavior, but in this case it does seem to have played a role.

In fact, I believe Bryer was the ideological leader. He's the one who would get a little too excited while playing violent video games and excitedly said, "can you imagine if this were real?" Based on a multitude of things we've heard about Bryer, I believe he had homicidal and suicidal fantasies for a long time. (A point I have made many times now, I might add. And I have to say I now feel vindicated vs those who have been claiming they were just a couple of basically nice boys who made a few mistakes. Sorry, I just had to say that because I found those ongoing claims to be so incredibly frustrating.)

It's absolutely clear to me that Bryer was a complete lunatic and the ideological leader. Kam may have been the logistical leader, who decided what they were going to do next, but it was Bryer who had the deviant fantasies and somehow got Kam on board.

The one thing that puzzles me is how Bryer was able to convince Kam to commit suicide. He must have had a very persuasive argument, because I doubt Kam was suicidal.

moo.
I don't think that violent games generally lead to violent behaviour. That is an oversimplification.

But I do think that 'some' kids are vulnerable to being overwhelmed by that allure, even hypnotised by that violence.

I have seen gaming literally take over some kid's lives. It becomes the be all and end all. It can be like an addiction to a drug or to gambling, etc. It takes over their reality and becomes their ultimate priority.

I would agree, however, didn't Kam's father have a commercial ocean fishing business? I would think Kam spent some time on the boats, and that kind of foul weather gear is what they often wear. So maybe?

Barge Towing service. But yes, based on photos on their company website, it looks like Kam had no problem obtaining rain pants. Not saying he was ever working for his dad though. I could never picture him doing that kind of manual labor. Or Bryer for that matter. Kam of course could have certainly purchased his own pair, if his parents didn't buy them for him. Perhaps Keith even asked him at one point to come work for him, but Kam probably said; "Thanks, but nothing got me thank you."

I thought the same thing about climbing back up! I have a mild disability and I thought, "heck, even I could climb back up using the trees and brush!".
I had a similar thought. I didnt understand why they thought they were trapped. If they got there, why couldn't they turn around and go back out the same way?

Does anyone have an idea of where the backpacks "may" have been first seen in comparison to where the vehicle was burnt? Seems that was very likely a legit sighting (depending where of course)

I don't think that violent games generally lead to violent behaviour. That is an oversimplification.

But I do think that 'some' kids are vulnerable to being overwhelmed by that allure, even hypnotised by that violence.

I have seen gaming literally take over some kid's lives. It becomes the be all and end all. It can be like an addiction to a drug or to gambling, etc. It takes over their reality and becomes their ultimate priority.

There's lots of science on this: video games are designed to stimulate the "pleasure center" in the brain. They can become an addiction just like anything else addictive. I know people who spend incredible amounts of money on video games. It's sad, really. To my eye these people are being taken advantage of. Find their weak spot and exploit it. That's what many video games do.

But for the most part, that doesn't necessarily lead to wanting to do it in real life. That's a whole different thing. And when that does happen it becomes a big question on what comes first: the desire to act in these ways, which the video game provides an outlet for? Or the video game, which develops a desire to do these things? That's a contentious issue.

Personally, I find these incredibly violent games just plain unsettling. But same with the TV show "Game of Thrones." I just don't understand how folks can enjoy all that violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot