Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More poor journalism from an Australian news source …

A man was driving west on Alaska Highway late at night on July 17, two days after the murder of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, when he pulled over to take a nap.

Within five minutes of parking, a truck drove past him and stopped about 45 metres ahead.

One of the teens — the witness is not sure whether it was McLeod or Schmegelsky — got out of the passenger side of the vehicle holding a long gun.

He walked towards the tree line and started moving towards man in a “tactical or hunting stance”, police said in the report.

The truck also started driving slowly towards the witness.

The witness quickly drove away, covering his face.

Canada killers’ chilling video confession

"On July 21, 2019, at 7:59 p.m., McLeod and Schmegelsky were observed at a gas station in La Ronge, Saskatchewan in the RAV4."

I guess Janelle Shoihet really meant it when she said they had reason to believe Kam and Bryer were in "Northern Saskatchewan." Why did they go to La Ronge? They clearly had to turn round once they realized those roads weren't going anywhere. I also guess that answers the question of whether or not they went through Flin Flon or The Pas.

There's a through road east from just south (about 12 miles) of La Ronge. It's 165. My guess as to why they went into La ronge is fuel and/or food.

It looks to me like they were trying to stay as far north as possible. Give the La Ronge stop, I think they went from Meadow Lake to Green Lake on 55, then turned NE to use 916 to get to 2, which they took to La Ronge.

I'm really wondering who that was. (Not that they need to be outed--definitely not. Just curious how they knew them.) Maybe a friend they gamed with or played Airsoft with who had heard them both saying some pretty creepy things? It couldn't have been someone in the immediate family circles because they came forward on their own and apparently hadn't been interviewed over the weekend when the families were. Also someone who knew them both and not just one of them. MOO

Maybe someone that they told their "plans" too? Perhaps the person thought the two were joking around and didn't take them seriously? Fellow gamer, like you suggest?

This is interesting....

From the RCMP report.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Someone didn't buy the "good boy" image.

'At approximately 2:00 p.m., primary investigators became aware of a witness who came forward to a RCMP detachment and provided a statement. The witness knew McLeod and Schmegelsky and believed the boys may have been involved in the murders. This is the first time that police learned that McLeod and Schmegelsky may be capable of the murders which conflicted with original witness statements from family and associates.'

So someone had some sort of encounter with either or both of them that left a sinister impression. Excellent spotting ,, KR, and as you and I both were convinced in the beginning, that person would eventually show up and blow the good boy image out of the water.

Maybe someone that they told their "plans" too? Perhaps the person thought the two were joking around and didn't take them seriously? Fellow gamer, like you suggest?
Very possibly!

As I noted in an edit to my comment, I think it must have been someone fairly close to both of them since Kam felt comfortable enough to show that side of himself. He seems to have been a lot more discrete about that and better at concealing it pre-trip than Bryer was in general. MOO

I think in their minds this was almost playing out like the video games they were immersed in. They had plenty of ammo, multiple weapons, tried to disguise a vehicle, killed to acquire different vehicles, and planned on hijacking a boat. They had no problem killing, they had done it many times before in their own little word. By no means am I am blaming gaming for this, but it seems to me that it was a game to them and they were the lead characters. Jmo.

couldn't handle life in peaceful Port Alberni, two young white males, top of the survival tree, free education, lived all their short useless lives in a war free zone! Fed three meals a day ! Sheltered from the rain and the sun all their lives! clean water , 21 st century medical care, dental care,.... but no, they'd rather be dead, and they'd rather kill.

In Europe they would have been completely at a total loss, they had not a jot of sophistication or intellect between them.
dribbled out in 10.
They wouldn't have made it in Africa either. There are teens who grew up during wars, in refugee camps, who still aspire to lead a normal life with bare minimum resources.

They were the dullest , dreariest murderers this century so far. Predictable, useless, idiotic, self -entitled, repellent and repulsive, from the start to the finish.
I cringed at all the sympathetic remarks earlier.

Vale ,Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, Vale Prof. Leonard Dyck. What we know now is how incredibly brave your last moments must have been, alone, dying at the hands of these two aberrations of humanity.
Lucas, Chynna, and Prof. Dyck will be remembered in many ways, as their lives inspire others to travel and enjoy nature. We must not be afraid.

Whoever it was deserves a pat on the back for trusting their gut instincts and coming forward. Who knows where the investigation would be without that ‘nudge’.

I reckon someone along the lines of that young woman whom Bryer gratuitously offered to decapitate.

Maybe even her, but certainly someone who's incident was compelling and solid. If he was casually threatening other teenage girls, out in the open, they were probably both doing a bit more than that as a team with other (most probably ) solo targets, who never forgot it.

I reckon someone along the lines of that young woman whom Bryer gratuitously offered to decapitate.

Maybe even her, but certainly someone who's incident was compelling and solid. If he was casually threatening other teenage girls, out in the open, they were probably both doing a bit more than that as a team with other (most probably ) solo targets, who never forgot it.

Hmmm. Funny you say that because the first impression I had was that the person who made that report to the Mounties is female. Just a gut instinct and I could be totally wrong.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but do we know if their deaths occurred before or after August 4th, Bryer's birthday? I think I recall reading that they couldn't be sure of a date of death. Just wondering if they were both 19 at the time of their demise.

They wouldn't have made it in Africa either. There are teens who grew up during wars, in refugee camps, who still aspire to lead a normal life with bare minimum resources.

I cringed at all the sympathetic remarks earlier.

Lucas, Chynna, and Prof. Dyck will be remembered in many ways, as their lives inspire others to travel and enjoy nature. We must not be afraid.

They would have had to beg for their own food in Africa, off Africans!.. I don't know how Bryer and his Nazi artifacts would have been able to cope with that.

The endless sympathetic adoration of these two dull , plodding killers was mighty hard to take, Kubirai, days and days, page after page, and the constant whitewashing , the sanitising and avoidance, of what actually killing means , what is necessary to take the life of another human being, was a bit rich, too.

Crossing the border would be a huge risk for them, although they might have made it before anyone knew about them.
Maybe the closer they got to the border, the more it spooked them, so they decided to double back and stay in Canada? Not sure. As delusional as some of their plans sound, maybe it didn't even occur to them that the border would be a problem. MOO

Hmmm. Funny you say that because the first impression I had was that the person who made that report to the Mounties is female. Just a gut instinct and I could be totally wrong.
Me too., because they would vector in on the most vulnerable and what they would see as 'easy prey' . Nothing too difficult. I don't think you are wrong.

This is interesting....

From the RCMP report.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Someone didn't buy the "good boy" image.

Wasn't there some Facebook messages out there from Bryer to a friend he skated with asking if he wanted to meet up and talk politics? Didn't the same friend mention Bryer wanted to start some sort of militia? It could have been someone they wanted to come along on their journey.

"Mathis Muller, another acquaintance, told the CBC Bryer wanted to start a militia."

Hmm... So that could also help narrow down the time of death.. Definitely before August 1st. I'm still keeping my money on July 31st and that New Moon in Leo + Mercury coming out of Retrograde. Also, @NJSleuth91 remember the other day when I said I couldn't picture them being all that melodramatic or poetic in how they would end their lives.. I was wrong.
They were really dumb. Check the summary of the videos and short lengths. They didn't even mention what date it was, when they decided to end their lives, because the river was too big and too fast.

Me too., because they would vector in on the most vulnerable and what they would see as 'easy prey' . Nothing too difficult. I don't think you are wrong.

Could be some same-aged young woman who was creeped out by one or both of them. Pure speculation of course. However, young women are often the unwilling soundboards of men, but society has trained them to be polite, so often they smile and nod instead of telling the other party where to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper