Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the presser -- even after killing LF/CD, teens kept up the facade with family -- calling and updating them on there whereabouts, sharing that they were having auto trouble, etc.

Given the teens were in contact with family and no criminal records, no history of violence - they were not immediately named suspects, and consideration given that they also may have been victims.
They were very cunning, in that respect, an operating sense of sequential logic, not usually a part of mental impairment.

They understood, by reasoning and factual input , how to do some actions that would result in other humans concluding a concocted scenario. They were not projecting a fantasy, they were setting a scene, an alibi, a ruse to offset any questions being raised. This is psychopathy, not mental illness.

They absolutely understood the difference between façade and reality, … but fantasy was a chosen route.. it wasn't what overtook them, uncontrollably. They chose fantasy as a relief from boredom.

What does everyone think about the possibility they both used the Cabela's gun to kill themselves because they didn't trust that older, clunkier looking one? (EDIT: That's also going with the theory Kam didn't actually kill Bryer, but they both took turns. I do have to admit, I think Kam did shoot him based on the positions their bodies were found in, I could be wrong, but boy do I find that really disturbing, plausible but disturbing.) I wonder too if that gun completely stopped working along the way? Interesting it has multiple serial numbers. I actually wondered if they removed the serial numbers themselves but I guess we mostly got our answer. I would really love to know what black market avenue they went down to find that older SKS. Not to mention, did Kam find it or Bryer or both? I guess this answers the question of the alleged gun store purchase sighting in Port Alberni.

Last edited:
If they hadn’t set out with their evil goal of killing perfect strangers and genuinely had vehicle problems (possibly minor and easy to fix) they would have come across two carefree people who could have helped them fix their problem vehicle. Lucas could have helped them determine the problem and possibly have fixed it easily for them.
Chynna could have given them a free diagnosis of their sturm und drang anxieties, except she would have realized the undercurrent of grotesque psychopathy quicker than Lucas would have, probably.

Maybe she did, which could be why she was murdered so violently.

What does everyone think about the possibility they both used the Cabela's gun to kill themselves because they didn't trust that older, clunkier looking one? I wonder too if that gun completely stopped working along the way? Interesting it has multiple serial numbers. I actually wondered if they removed the serial numbers themselves but I guess we mostly got our answer. I would really love to know what black market avenue they went down to find that older SKS. Not to mention, did Kam find it or Bryer or both? I guess this answers the question of the alleged gun store purchase sighting in Port Alberni.

Did the RCMP say anything about the second gun or where it possible came from? (sorry, catching up here)

They'd need passports, which I doubt they had, plus the truck could have been searched for guns. Don't know where they were headed, though.
Well we know that, but we're talking about "boat-hijacking" morons here. They'd need a passport when they arrived in "Europe or Africa" too. ;)

I'd really like to know what their ultimate northern destination was and who, if anyone, they were going to meet up with. Of course, I'll never know.

Well we know that, but we're talking about "boat-hijacking" morons here. They'd need a passport when they arrived in "Europe or Africa" too. ;)

I'd really like to know what their ultimate northern destination was and who, if anyone, they were going to meet up with. Of course, I'll never know.

They obviously weren't familiar with the Franklin Expedition.

Chynna could have given them a free diagnosis of their sturm und drang anxieties, except she would have realized the undercurrent of grotesque psychopathy quicker than Lucas would have, probably.

Maybe she did, which could be why she was murdered so violently.

No offence intended at all @Trooper but I "personally" doubt these two had any desire for communication/conversation with their victims. They did, afterall, shoot out the back window of the van .... which IMO, was what roused Chynna and Lucas outside of the van, to their most unfortunate demise.

JMO

Just a description of it, but no indication of where it came from. Lots of random parts and serial numbers on it as well. It looks like it's in pretty rough shape. I'll link you to it, it's down toward the bottom of the report.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Thanks! I was just remembering what AS said in that latest interview of his, something about "find out who gave them the guns" (or something similar).

I've always wondered what made them turn around from their northward trip, and I think this was the moment (and proof that "job hunting in Whitehorse" was always bs), since they knew their camper truck would be looked for:

"On July 17, 2019, at approximately 11:40 p.m., a witness was driving westbound on Alaska Highway and pulled off the road into a pullout to take a nap. This was located approximately 30 minutes west from Haines Junction Petro Canada and 2 hours 10 minutes west of Whitehorse. Within 5 minutes of being parked, a truck with camper drove past him and stopped about 50 yards ahead. An unknown male got out of the passenger side of the truck holding a long gun. The male walked towards the tree line and started moving towards the witness in a tactical or hunting stance. The truck also started driving slowly towards the witness. The witness drove away from the armed male and drove past the truck. The driver covered his face with his hand and the witness was not able to see the driver’s face. [Although the witness described the truck as being a white GMC, the time, location and male descriptions fit McLeod and Schmegelsky. The witness made the report to police on July 21, 2019.]On July 18, 2019 at 3:03 p.m., McLeod and Schmegelsky made purchases at a store in Dease Lake as previously mentioned."

This is what surprised me the most, that they’d driven even beyond Whitehorse between the 15th and 18th at least as far as Haines Junction. If there was a Yukon/Alaska Plan A, we’ll never know for sure but I’m sure it would’ve been just as idiotic as planning to hijack a boat in Hudson’s Bay and flee to Europe or Africa.

Maybe they thought they’d hijack a Cruise Ship from Skagway, Alaska.

It’s a whole other tragedy how these two pieces of useless skin were able to attract so much public attention by intentionally causing the needless deaths of innocent people and creating fear and havoc. The RCMP’s final report yielded more conclusive evidence than I expected and I hope the thoughtful consideration expressed toward the victims’ families will be helpful in this time of utter grief.

What does everyone think about the possibility they both used the Cabela's gun to kill themselves because they didn't trust that older, clunkier looking one? (That's also going with the theory Kam didn't actually kill Bryer, but they both took turns. I do have to admit, I think Kam did shoot him based on the positions their bodies were found in, I could be wrong, but boy do I find that really disturbing, plausible but disturbing.) I wonder too if that gun completely stopped working along the way? Interesting it has multiple serial numbers. I actually wondered if they removed the serial numbers themselves but I guess we mostly got our answer. I would really love to know what black market avenue they went down to find that older SKS. Not to mention, did Kam find it or Bryer or both? I guess this answers the question of the alleged gun store purchase sighting in Port Alberni.

If they took turns and each killed themselves, then there would be evidence to support the action. But, the evidence showed that Kam shot Bryer and then killed himself.

I'm not sure that we were told which gun was used, but it might be in the technical report, which I assume is still forthcoming.

This is what surprised me the most, that they’d driven even beyond Whitehorse between the 15th and 18th at least as far as Haines Junction. If there was a Yukon/Alaska Plan A, we’ll never know for sure but I’m sure it would’ve been just as idiotic as planning to hijack a boat in Hudson’s Bay and flee to Europe or Africa.

It’s a whole other tragedy how these two pieces of useless skin were able to attract so much public attention by intentionally causing the needless deaths of innocent people and creating fear and havoc. The RCMP’s final report yielded more conclusive evidence than I expected and I hope the thoughtful consideration expressed toward the victims’ families will be helpful in this time of utter grief.
Maybe they thought they'd swim to Russia? ;)

On a more serious note, I was also surprised they got that far but still doubled back.

Honestly, I never thought these guys were geniuses, but the stuff that was revealed today about their efforts to disguise the vehicle and flee by boat is literally some of the dumbest reasoning I've ever seen from suspects in 20 years of following true crime. I think I put more thought in the past two months into trying to figure out what they were thinking than they ever did at any point.

No offence intended at all @Trooper but I "personally" doubt these two had any desire for communication/conversation with their victims. They did, afterall, shoot out the back window of the van .... which IMO, was what roused Chynna and Lucas outside of the van, to their most unfortunate demise.

JMO
I was responding to a scenario given in which Lucas could have fixed their car with a corresponding scenario of Chynna fixing their psyches. He being a skilled mechanic, her being a college graduate psychiatric studies practitioner.

Nothing to do with them , or what they wanted, or what they thought at all. That they probably didn't communicate , in the spoken word with their victims is a given, except by violence and destruction. No one has suggested otherwise, least of all me.

That leaves me wondering still indeed why the killing stopped. I could only think of a mechanical reason , and , as it turns out , they did plan to increase their target number exponentially , so motive was still as strong as ever.. so that's a mystery, …. If they wanted to, and planned to, and had ammo enough to take out a small village, what was hampering that action? . one thing we can be absolutely sure of, it wasn't empathy, sympathy, sorrow, guilt, remorse, regret, internal pain, distaste, disgust or repulsion.

Of those things, these two knew nothing.

I am wondering if the video where they say they are going to kill more people (which was after they discovered they were in rough terrain) was around the time some of the police/military presence head out to York Landing. That they may have thought they had an opportunity to head into Fox Lake/Gillam while it was quieter but then realized it was either a set up or that there was still too many cops patrolling.

L-O-L!!!!!!
Sorry, but I just HAD to (it's your own fault though, YOU said it ;) )

I KNOW this is all such a tragic and meaningless loss of three beautiful lives and not to be made light/fun of ..... but some of the comments here, seriously, I'll bet even the dearly departed souls are snickering

I was responding to a scenario given in which Lucas could have fixed their car with a corresponding scenario of Chynna fixing their psyches. He being a skilled mechanic, her being a college graduate psychiatric studies practitioner.

Nothing to do with them , or what they wanted, or what they thought at all. That they probably didn't communicate , in the spoken word with their victims is a given, except by violence and destruction. No one has suggested otherwise, least of all me.

Got it. Sorry for misunderstanding your original post. All good.

ETA: .......But wait BBM

[QUOTE"]Chynna could have given them a free diagnosis of their sturm und drang anxieties, except she would have realized the undercurrent of grotesque psychopathy quicker than Lucas would have, probably.

Maybe she did, which could be why she was murdered so violently."[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't know how to do multiple quotes (original post # 264 in this thread)

Last edited:
From the Globe and Mail:

... on July 29, searchers in Manitoba discovered several items belonging to the suspects, including hundreds of rounds of ammunition, from a number of sites. It is unclear to police how they got the ammunition. The investigative theory is that the pair were dumping weight as they fled through the bush near Gillam from the burning remains of Mr. Dyck’s vehicle, which they had taken after his death, officers said.

On Aug. 1, police searchers found Mr. McLeod’s backpack, containing a full box of ammunition, and his wallet with his identification and clothing.

I am surprised that Police found KM's backpack, forgot where it was found (!!), didn't think about searching the area until many days afterwards, then having to be shown where the backpack was found by Billy Beardy in order to even be able to find the area they wanted to search. Then they almost missed the bodies and had to have them pointed out by a Billy Beardy again!
The irony of their ridiculous deaths and their even more risible useless lives was their childlike trust and total belief in the RCMP finding their rotting corpses and their 'last will' babblings...

Added into this, their dippy item of shaving, was this to actually impress the RCMP or whom, precisely ? ..

That they had to rely on the very organization that was employed to hunt them down and capture them to get their silly vapid nonsensical message 'out' is one of the richest seams of irony in this whole revolting event. Even as AS spent weeks castigating authority of any kind, RCMP , CPS, Can Gov, BC Western Div RCMP, the Family Law court, it was in the end Authority that his son was relying on to tell everyone how he was just having a bit of a lark thru Canada with a bit of murder thrown in . Without the RCMP no one would know anything.

They were not mentally ill. This may be hard to take, and hard to give up as theory. They were, in any sense of the word , sociopaths at the least, but they were apprentice psychopaths, and this happens, and it's awful when two meet.

Did they know each other was a psychopath? I think they sensed it, as psychopaths can do. It would have been merely routine, for them to decide die and to work out who shoots whom.

How long did they know about each others psychiatric state. .. ? a long time, but it was an affirmation to them that they were superior. Not inferior. They mirrored back to each other what they saw in themselves.

No wonder WalMart was so demeaning to them.

Nobody can determine if they were mentally ill or had gone into some type of psychosis without talking to them face to face, and they are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper