Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Cold Lake, AB sighting was partly in doubt because the witness didn’t mention the taped on racing stripes, which should have been right in his face. They bought the tape on the 19th, guy allegedly pulled them out on the 21st..

SBM

Perhaps because during their trek through the remaining 3 provinces they did not come across any other "pulled over / asleep at the side of the highway opportunities? As that is what appeared to be their MO

JMO
That makes perfect sense. It definitely wouldn't have been as common for a person to sleep in their vehicle on their route through AB, SK and MB.

Ashley Wadhwani‏ @ashwadhwani
Here is what we have learned over the last two months – and notably all we will most likely ever know – about Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod and the tragedy they caused:

https://t.co/Qb4CTZ10lz

4:27 PM - 27 Sep 2019

“They shot and killed the couple before continuing up into the Yukon,” Hackett said.

The men returned to B.C. a few days later because they were having car troubles, and encountered Dyck outside of Dease Lake.

They killed him, police said, then burned McLeod’s white Dodge pickup and stole Dyck’s silver Toyota RAV4, money and other personal items, and headed east.

[...]

The first video contains what police called a confession that “lacked remorse” to all three deaths, he said, and a detailing of their plan to leave the country.

The second video, 51 seconds long, is believed to have been taken after the fugitives made it to the Nelson River near Gillam, Man. Schmegelsky says the river is big and fast, according to the RCMP, and the two may have to commit suicide, to which McLeod agrees.

[...]

Police confirmed that Schmegelsky shot McLeod before turning the gun on himself, but were unable to confirm the exact day the two men died. Their bodies were discovered on Aug. 7, just eight kilometres away from where Dyck’s stolen vehicle was found burnt in Gillam on July 24.

https://www.albernivalleynews.com/n...anned-to-steal-boat-flee-to-europe-or-africa/

ETA: ME report cites McLeod shot Schmegelsky, not as mis-reported above.

Last edited:
Yeah, I always thought Kam was the leader as well.

RCMP seems to believe this was in fact a suicide pact, and something is telling them that. I agree that it’s probably the videos.

I think it’s possible that Breyer didn’t want to kill himself, and wanted Kam to do it for him.

Perhaps he was worried about messing up, or there was some other reason.

Kind of weird since he was the one who posted a photo with a gun in his mouth. But actually some of us predicted when their bodies were first found that it would turn out Kam shot Bryer because he couldn't do it himself. We thought this based on how nervous he seemed in witness accounts and in the surveillance footage. Then we thought we were wrong when they said it was suicide by gunfire. Well, turns out we were right, how about that....

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I think they were both severely mentally ill and this actually was a folie a deux of some kind. The boat thing...that is just not remotely rational thinking. A sane person would not actually think they could do that.

It occurs to me that their disregard for human life was so great, that it doesn't even sound like they were phased by their own deaths. Psssshhhhttt - death. No big deal.

Horrible.

That leaves me wondering still indeed why the killing stopped. I could only think of a mechanical reason , and , as it turns out , they did plan to increase their target number exponentially , so motive was still as strong as ever.. so that's a mystery, …. If they wanted to, and planned to, and had ammo enough to take out a small village, what was hampering that action? . one thing we can be absolutely sure of, it wasn't empathy, sympathy, sorrow, guilt, remorse, regret, internal pain, distaste, disgust or repulsion.

Of those things, these two knew nothing.
I think they were too scared: cowards at heart. Sneaking up on people asleep in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere, with no possible witnesses or cell reception if the victims got away from them, and by the highway so they could leave the scene instantly at high speed: that they could do. I think they were too afraid of people in houses with locks and cell phones, other people nearby to witness and chase after them, people with their own guns, dogs, police, helicopters, etc.

I've always wondered what made them turn around from their northward trip, and I think this was the moment (and proof that "job hunting in Whitehorse" was always bs), since they knew their camper truck would be looked for:

"On July 17, 2019, at approximately 11:40 p.m., a witness was driving westbound on Alaska Highway and pulled off the road into a pullout to take a nap. This was located approximately 30 minutes west from Haines Junction Petro Canada and 2 hours 10 minutes west of Whitehorse. Within 5 minutes of being parked, a truck with camper drove past him and stopped about 50 yards ahead. An unknown male got out of the passenger side of the truck holding a long gun. The male walked towards the tree line and started moving towards the witness in a tactical or hunting stance. The truck also started driving slowly towards the witness. The witness drove away from the armed male and drove past the truck. The driver covered his face with his hand and the witness was not able to see the driver’s face. [Although the witness described the truck as being a white GMC, the time, location and male descriptions fit McLeod and Schmegelsky. The witness made the report to police on July 21, 2019.]On July 18, 2019 at 3:03 p.m., McLeod and Schmegelsky made purchases at a store in Dease Lake as previously mentioned."

Yeah, I always thought Kam was the leader as well.

RCMP seems to believe this was in fact a suicide pact, and something is telling them that. I agree that it’s probably the videos.

I think it’s possible that Breyer didn’t want to kill himself, and wanted Kam to do it for him.

Perhaps he was worried about messing up, or there was some other reason.

Police confirmed that Schmegelsky shot McLeod before turning the gun on himself, but were unable to confirm the exact day the two men died.
^^sbm

ETA: Alberni News is reporting opposite of ME finding. My correction-- KM shot BS, not as reported.

Last edited:
They definitely reported it as Kam having shot Bryer first. It's in this article
'It was a partnership' with no clear motive: Mounties release details about B.C. murder suspects
Thanks. I just checked and it says that in the report as well.

Conclusion
The Manitoba Medical Examiner completed the autopsies and confirmed that the two deceased males were McLeod and Schmegelsky and they died from gunshot wounds. Based on the autopsy findings, the firearms lab report, analysis of the scene and the content of the videos it is believed that McLeod shot Schmegelsky before shooting himself in a suicide pact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx