Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very fortunate that no one else was killed if they had this much ammunition. I had also previously thought the killing might've stopped because they ran out of ammo for the gun, and the gun was their method of murder. I'm back to wondering why the killing stopped then, there certainly would've been other opportunities during their road trip across 4 provinces... and they were already planning on a potential suicide, so they wouldn't have much else to lose by committing more murders.

Whatever the reason they stopped at the third victim in BC, it's extremely fortunate that no one else was hurt. They had the potential, time and ammo to kill a lot more people

These two were so dumb, that I could justify imagine them burning LD’s vehicle, looking at each other, and one of them saying “whoops, now we don’t have a car. What do we do now?”

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
Here are new surveillance photos of the two suspects the RCMP released today.

EFgmRYkXUAIwKGL.jpg

EFgmRYjWkAMxqJQ.jpg

4:54 PM - 27 Sep 2019

Attachments

• license.pdf
    180.8 KB · Views: 72
  • forest floor items.pdf
    186.6 KB · Views: 45
In the first video made by the suspects, Schmegelsky says they are responsible for the three murders. The two young men were going to go to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa. #cbcmb

4:18 PM - 27 Sep 2019

In the second video, Schmegelsky says they had reached the river which is very big and fast moving. He says they may have to commit suicide to which McLeod agrees. They take credit again for the three homicides and express no remorse.

4:28 PM - 27 Sep 2019

In the third video, Schmegelsky says they have shaved in preparation for their own deaths. The two men plan to go back to kill more people and expect to be dead in a week (again no time stamp on video)

Last edited:
In the second video, Schmegelsky says they had reached the river which is very big and fast moving. He says they may have to commit suicide to which McLeod agrees. They take credit again for the three homicides and express no remorse.

Some locals in Gillam I spoke to this summer during the manhunt wondered if the two suspects had plans to go to Churchill to get on a boat to go abroad so this is interesting.

4:20 PM - 27 Sep 2019

No wonder that tape that AS howled and begged to see shut him up instantly.

It is obvious that as soon as the RCMP saw the bodies of Lucas and Chynna they knew they were dealing with psychopaths. The violence, the display, the interference with their corpses, ( draped facing the same way ) no attempt to hide the bodies, ( classic psychopathy ) no connection between victim and killer established.

Probably, the RCMP knew right there how it was going to end, it was that plain, the combination of stupid and vicious to the highest level . It was the right call they made to upgrade D and D to Armed and Dangerous, Suspects, and Fugitives, and 2nd deg murderers... all in the space of a few hours, and that is highly sophisticated police work in any language

The fabulous First Nation bloke who guarded the bodies knew that, too , he maybe didn't know the word. But he knew viscerally , that he was in the presence of something beyond the normal of human interaction.

Finding Prof Dyck's body would have confirmed to the RCMP what they were dealing with and everything about the RCMP search and hunt would have been predicated on that assumption.

The report doesn't say who precisely killed who, but I am prepared to make a bet that Bryer murdered Chynna. Even that he made sure that Kam knew that's what he wanted.

He was the coward till his last breath, and that would have fitted in with his interactions with the only women we know he actually did interact with , his mother and grandmother. He wasn't happy with either of 'em. But then, he wasn't happy about a lot of stuff,eh?

As to the shooting and burning of Prof Dyck, I just cant unpick it, they both would have been like feral dogs at it,.. they were so far outside the realms of normal human entity as to be unfathomable.

I'm wondering now about an earlier report that someone saw backpacks near the power lines by where the Rav was burnt, then later they were gone....possibly true, since now we know at least Kam had a backpack. Makes me think they were hiding or walking in that area, ditched the packs for awhile, looking for trails or escape routes. Moo

While we are all now thinking how stupid so much of what they did was, I do recall drawn-out conversations here about how the RAV with the stripes couldn't be them, because LD's car had no stripes etc!

The details in today’s RCMP report give you a glimpse of the detective work Mounties did. It’s all in the details. Police seized CCTV from a local store in Dease Lake on July 20th that showed McLeod and Schmegelsky buying donuts, a Coffee Crisp bar and two pairs of gloves.

3:53 PM - 27 Sep 2019

@AustinGrabish
Police say the videos the two suspects made weren’t date stamped so they don’t know when the men made them. They still don’t know an exact date the suspects died in Manitoba, reiterate previous time window that said they were alive for a few days before their bodies were found.

3:40 PM - 27 Sep 2019

The very idea of hijacking a boat shows what a tenuous hold they had on reality.

Technically, there is a difference between a boat and a ship. A ship has a crew, plenty of bunker fuel for a cross-Atlantic passage and months worth of stores (food and supplies). A boat is a small craft that has to be fueled, kept stored with supplies, and navigated by the number of people the hull safely allows.

If they thought they could find and read marine charts and manage this voyage in a boat that would not be seaworthy in heavy weather, they were dumb.

If they thought they could hold a ship's crew at bay for what would have been a good ten-day voyage, they were dumber.

@AustinGrabish
On August 1, McLeod’s backpack was found in Northern Manitoba with a full box of ammunition along with his wallet, ID and clothing.

4:13 PM - 27 Sep 2019
That leaves me wondering still indeed why the killing stopped. I could only think of a mechanical reason , and , as it turns out , they did plan to increase their target number exponentially , so motive was still as strong as ever.. so that's a mystery, …. If they wanted to, and planned to, and had ammo enough to take out a small village, what was hampering that action? . one thing we can be absolutely sure of, it wasn't empathy, sympathy, sorrow, guilt, remorse, regret, internal pain, distaste, disgust or repulsion.

Of those things, these two knew nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers