Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The deceased (Leonard Dyck) suffered injuries to his head and body, including bruises and burn marks. Initially, the cause of death was unknown."
But if you read further:
“On July 23, 2019, an autopsy was conducted on Leonard Dyck. The preliminary findings showed a single gunshot wound was the cause of the death”.
I understand from that that he was burnt and beaten and then shot.

Also: “Victims from both scenes suffered gunshot wounds in similar locations”

Thanks for clarifying! I have deleted my post.

Furthermore, the family stated they sent photos of their trip via texts and shared that they had vehicle troubles. Their last contact with family was on July 17, 2019.

I am doubtful of the vehicle troubles. I think it was said to buy time and keep them as possible victims. If they knew that the van of LF’s was broken it probably gave them the idea.

BBM

I believe it. The report stated a road worker had seem them at the side of the road with their truck hood up. The worker offered assistance to them.

“There appeared to be some “escalation” of violence between the two crime scenes.

Dyck was found with injuries to his head and body, including bruises and burn marks. At first, police believed his cause of death was blunt-force trauma, but when the coroner arrived and his body was moved, they found a bullet entry/exit wound. A spent casing was located on the ground.

He remained unidentified until his wife Helen contacted police after seeing a composite sketch of her husband.”

Dead assailants recorded videos taking responsibility for three B.C. murders

What a completely awful and sad ending for a gentle soul. No wonder Mr. Dyck’s family didn’t want his cause of death to be released.
The DUI lawyer who spoke on a CBC audio broadcast said Mr. Dyck was burned and we all assumed he misspoke.
Those posters speculating whether one or both had psychopathic traits were right on the money, they certainly tick most of the checklist for psychopathy, not a diagnosis, an observation.

Factor 1: Personality "Aggressive narcissism"

• Glibness/superficial charm
  • Grandiose sense of self-worth
  • Pathological lying
  • Cunning/manipulative
  • Lack of remorse or guilt
  • Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
  • Callousness; lack of empathy
  • Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
Factor 2: Case history "Socially deviant lifestyle".

• Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
  • Parasitic lifestyle
  • Poor behavioral control
  • Lack of realistic long-term goals
  • Impulsivity
  • Irresponsibility
  • Juvenile delinquency
  • Early behavior problems
  • Revocation of conditional release

Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Knowledge Encyclopedia

From the report:

"On July 16, 2019, at approximately 2:30 p.m., a witness was working as a traffic control supervisor near 1435 kilometer marker on the Alaska Highway east of Whitehorse in Yukon. The witness observed an older Dodge truck stopped along the Highway with the hood up and two young males. The witness offered assistance, but one of the males declined help and continued North bound."

Thanks for this. I wonder if it was minor stuff or an effort to find the next victim. Whatever it was they managed to make it to Deese. Any vehicle they would have acquired could have caused them mechanical issues so I guess it was worth the risk to leave theirs for another.

ETA:
But of course they had to ditch the truck regardless not knowing if the person they tried to hunt down who got away had reported it or not.. which wasn’t reported until days later unfortunately.

Last edited:
Thats odd, I've never heard of a rifle having multiple serial numbers. I know some of the Russian SKS rifles had parts stamped with number but they were process and approval numbers not serials
The report said that the older gun had been put together with parts from several guns, that was why the parts numbers varied
"The second is an older style SKS with numerous serial numbers indicating parts from different weapons were put together over the years. Investigators were unable to identify where this older SKS weapon or parts originated from".
RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation
I don't know the gun laws in Canada, but in the past in Australia you could purchase individual parts if you had a gun license, so they could have purchased pieces and put one together possibly.

The report said that the older gun had been put together with parts from several guns, that was why the parts numbers varied
"The second is an older style SKS with numerous serial numbers indicating parts from different weapons were put together over the years. Investigators were unable to identify where this older SKS weapon or parts originated from".
RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation
I don't know the gun laws in Canada, but in the past in Australia you could purchase individual parts if you had a gun license, so they could have purchased pieces and put one together possibly.

I believe this more to be a family owned gun or one obtained from a friend. I personally do not believe they put it together, when they could go out to Cabella's and just buy one. MOO

Also from the report re LF and CD:

On July 19, 2019, an autopsy was performed on Fowler and Deese. The pathologist concluded that Fowler and Deese both died of multiple gunshot wounds. It appears that the shooter(s) stood behind the victims for at least some of the shots.

So, I'm thinking they crept up on LF and CD and shot them from behind? I find it hard to imagine they could have got them to stand there with their backs to them. It's all very ugly and sad.

MOO

On July 19, 2019, an autopsy was performed on Fowler and Deese. The pathologist concluded that Fowler and Deese both died of multiple gunshot wounds. It appears that the shooter(s) stood behind the victims for at least some of the shots.

So, I'm thinking they crept up on LF and CD and shot them from behind? I find it hard to imagine they could have got them to stand there with their backs to them. It's all very ugly and sad.

MOO

Shot them while they were running away, maybe....

MOO

More than likely they were trying to get away. As they ran, they were shot. Maybe shot before they ran, then shot as they ran. Or as they lay on the ground. Horrible. MOO

There it is. Mostly foretold. An outline of two of the worlds most moronic murderers. Getting on a boat in Hudsons Bay and going to Europe and/or Africa.... like , as if! They would have been even more unable to cope with the deals life hands out in Africa!

They couldn't handle life in peaceful Port Alberni, two young white males, top of the survival tree, free education, lived all their short useless lives in a war free zone! Fed three meals a day ! Sheltered from the rain and the sun all their lives! clean water , 21 st century medical care, dental care,.... but no, they'd rather be dead, and they'd rather kill.

In Europe they would have been completely at a total loss, they had not a jot of sophistication or intellect between them.

Or perhaps they thought they would have a choice of more victims there, that makes sense. And no rude and disrespectful RCMP forcing them into error after error.

Certainly fits in with Bryers idea of himself as a bit of a Goering reincarnation, striding manfully thru the underpeople, in the end though, he was too weak to kill himself, but killing a woman, no problem. And Kam, killer to the last. How they must have been enjoying themselves.

That they left as soon as they had the weaponry. And they did try it with some other driver, who got away, that was a neat effort.

No remorse, and no apology and no explanation not that any explanation would be worth a crumpet.

And they left no thanks behind for the poor RCMP officers still had to search for their bodies, who had to scrape up their decomposing remains, piece by piece, scrap by scrap , under the summer sun, and the taxpayers of Canada who paid for all this panoply. My respects to the RCMP and the good hard working taxpayers of Canada who all their lives chipped in for this kind of circus two nihilist chose to play.
They couldn't have filled 30 seconds with an outline of their accomplishments in life, words would have dribbled out in 10.

They were the dullest , dreariest murderers this century so far. Predictable, useless, idiotic, self -entitled, repellent and repulsive, from the start to the finish.

Vale ,Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, Vale Prof. Leonard Dyck. What we know now is how incredibly brave your last moments must have been, alone, dying at the hands of these two aberrations of humanity.

MOO

Very cold and deliberate, totally heartless, all three murders.

In the report it’s stated Mrs Dyck said her husband often slept in his vehicle as well. Including the one Yukon fellow who stopped on the side of the road to take a nap who was able to drive away, this seems to have been the modus operandi of the two...sneak up unsuspecting innocent people in their vehicles and kill them. No wonder the RCMP can’t determine a motive.

JMO

I just read the report, and I’m pleasantly surprised.

I feel like we got answers to most of the questions we had, and a pretty solid understanding of how this all went down.

This was a killing spree, plain and simple. Fortunately, they didn’t get the chance to commit further murders.

The stupidity of believing they could hijack a ship and sail to Europe, speaks to how dumb this evil monsters really were.

No one will ever see the videos these two took, and they probably won’t achieve their goal of inspiring others.

They’ll be forgotten. What losers.

"They were the dullest , dreariest murderers this century so far. Predictable, useless, idiotic, self -entitled, repellent and repulsive, from the start to the finish.

Vale ,Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, Vale Prof. Leonard Dyck. What we know now is how incredibly brave your last moments must have been, alone, dying at the hands of these two aberrations of humanity."

Thank you for these words Trooper.

I've just heard snippets just now on the presser and can't post until later tonight....

I knew Kam was a psychopath! It's all just disturbing... And so messed up, really messed up.

Heartbroken (but again expected as it's always worse than we think) over the deaths/violence that fell upon on the victims.

After reading the report and seeing that BS and KM had planned to kill more people before killing themselves ("in a week"), that they had travelled to such a remote location (also after having purchased a crowbar) thinking they could ambush and kill people and that perhaps it would take time for help to arrive. Instead, they were greeted by community police as soon as they arrived. They may have been short on money (only buying 20- in fuel), so drove the RAV until it ran out of fuel, tried to cover their tracks by burning it and heading into the woods for a couple of days, planning to come out and start killing. Fortunately, they were soon surrounded by police searching for them instead. Realising they weren't going to be able to carry out their plan to kill more people without being caught, that police knew they were in the area and that it would be virtually impossible to walk to Hudsons bay and "hijack" a boat to then travel to Europe, they decided to move to the end part of their plan and follow through with suicide. After reading in the report confirmation that LD suffered burns and head injuries as well as being shot, I can only think that the purchasing of a crow bar could have had sinister intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46