Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he pretty much got it sorted! I was sad to hear how he was afraid of being shot, and the police he was taking around in the boat all had protective vests and equipment, but did not offer him any! It was amazing that he saw the bird fly out and realised this could mean something, where other people may/would not have taken notice!

I wondered too if the police didn't offer him protective gear. We don't know that they didn't. Perhaps he was like David, facing Goliath and refused to wear the gear, fearing that it might interfere with his ability to operate the boat in dangerous water.

It's a bitter road to go down , a dead end, ascribing normal human emotions to K and B. They themselves would be embarrassed by that, as it diminishes them , in their own eyes.

And , they would not understand the importance and value that was placed on the lives of Lucas and Chynna and Prof Dyck. They placed no value on their own lives, and were rushing, joyously, I would bet , towards their own death. They genuinely would have been thrilled with their solution to the problem they were finally in.

They did not want anything to do with this life we are all living now.
They didn't value life and thought they had the right to take someone else's. Because they were young doesn't diminish what they did, if I were looking down the barrel of their gun, I wouldn't care if they were 18 or 60, they're going to shoot either way, makes no difference to the victim.
The victim's experience should be remembered before it gets lost in pages and pages of the imagined emotions of KM & BS before they took their own lives, they had a choice, Lucas, Chynna and Leonard Dyck, did not, if it weren't for KM & BS, they'd be alive and enjoying life!

I can't speak for those who believed K & B were not the killers, but after the live press conference, I did go back through some of the earlier threads to see if I could pick out some of the WSers who had exceptional foresight.

I noticed that some of those who did not believe K&B were the killers, are now gone. Their posts almost read like troll baiting.

There are also some who simply didn't see that there was enough evidence. These writers discounted, or even negated, the RCMP reports which said that there was significant evidence to show that K&B were the killers.

People come to this thread from all places on earth, and perhaps some members are writing from their experience or culture that rejects police reports. But, I am thankful when the RCMP said they had significant evidence, it wasn't a sham, nor a political or publicity stunt. It was solid.

I think that bit, BBM, was the most baffling. I wondered what sort of system could it be that people lived in that didn't have checks and balances requiring police to produce to a magistrate evidence before naming people Official Suspects, and charging them with 2nd Deg murder, it seemed there was a mad idea that a copper could just spring that caper all on his own , instigate a nation wide search and call in the army on 'wild speculation' . Just off his/her own bat!.

How long do you think it takes to expire from multiple shot gun bullets, from your vast experience? From the RCMP report, clearly stating, at least some, ( not one, not two, but multiples ) were fired from behind while they victims were still standing.

If they fired at and actually hit the heart, or the lungs, then it would be quick ( and there would be no blood bubbles , as the perforated lung would leak the fluid into the lung cavity, )but this was not the case, however, you may have quite a different aspect of this in your country. So we can understand that it was a variety of areas of being struck by bullets, and not at first, or, in the RCMP words, at least some, were not fired at crucial organs.

So how long , at a rough guess ,would you say that took?

At then we can move onto the rest of the shots, the ones apart from the 'at least , some' .

I'd welcome your graph.

And this is the last time I indulge your preference for gory details.
Nobody could have any idea because they were not there. You have read the rest and, of course, that was certainly all my own opinion!

Last edited:
I wondered too if the police didn't offer him protective gear. We don't know that they didn't. Perhaps he was like David, facing Goliath and refused to wear the gear, fearing that it might interfere with his ability to operate the boat in dangerous water.
I read in a news interview that he wasn't offered protective gear, and later realised how vulnerable this left him (I am too tired to search back for the link, sorry!)

Wow -- where were these details reported?
I read it in the National Post: B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead

"In an interview Friday afternoon, Al Schmegelsky’s lawyer, Sarah Leamon, said her client sat down with two RCMP officers before the information was made public. He had the chance to ask questions of the two officers, and heard details about how his son was shot in the back of the head by Kam McLeod in the remote Manitoba wilderness."

I read it in the National Post: B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead

"In an interview Friday afternoon, Al Schmegelsky’s lawyer, Sarah Leamon, said her client sat down with two RCMP officers before the information was made public. He had the chance to ask questions of the two officers, and heard details about how his son was shot in the back of the head by Kam McLeod in the remote Manitoba wilderness."
I wasn't sure if you had said that accidentally earlier! Thank you for this link.

Hmm I don't know if anyone has already posted, if so, ignore this! I didn't think about this until now, the SKS is listed as a Soviet ( and Chinese?) semi automatic rifle and it is one of the weapons available to use in PUBG and also in RUST. It is used as a sniper rifle in these games. So BS could have been using the same gun in real life that he used in the games.
Woops, before anyone gets hot under the collar, here are some links!

PUBG greatest weapons: a whole rundown of the weapons in PUBG

M14, a HQM version of the Semi Auto Rifle? : playrust

Guns in Rust — Rustafied
(The pic on this page gave me the creeps too...)

Last edited:
Less than 24 hours after the report was released and AS is already providing details that weren’t in the report. While he may be accepting of the facts the need to let us know KM shot BS in the back of the head seems to push his narrative that Bryer was just an innocent boy.

Hmm I don't know if anyone has already posted, if so, ignore this! I didn't think about this until now, the SKS is a Soviet semi automatic rifle!
Interestingly, the following is from that same National Post article (B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead):

"...Al Schmegelsky wants more information, including on how his son came to possess what RCMP described to him as an “assault rifle” that Bryer apparently built on his own, Leamon said. (The RCMP declined to elaborate on either the specifics of Bryer’s death or the specifics of the firearm)."

Less than 24 hours after the report was released and AS is already providing details that weren’t in the report. While he may be accepting of the facts the need to let us know KM shot BS in the back of the head seems to push his narrative that Bryer was just an innocent boy.

I think it’s normal for parents to feel this way. I’d venture that Kam’s parents may be clinging to the idea that Kam killed Bryer for some reason that reflects well on Kam. They’ll focus on the fact that it was Bryer who did most of the talking in the videos, Bryer who likely stalked the potential victim who got away, and thus probably shot Professor Dyck. AS focuses on the things that can be spun to redeem Bryer in his mind. I understand the instinct. These parents genuinely don’t recognize these boys. It’s got to be difficult to make sense of.

I read in a news interview that he wasn't offered protective gear, and later realised how vulnerable this left him (I am too tired to search back for the link, sorry!)

Here's a link to the video in which Mr. Beardy talks about not having protective gear. Does he say that it wasn't offered to him? I don't have sound. The article mentions that he went with "tactical officers [who] offered firepower protection and a helicopter kept watch overhead", but there is no mention in the article of what else was offered directly to Mr. Beardy for his protection.

Scroll about half way down the page for the video.

How the RCMP found Canada’s most wanted fugitives with a raven, a Cree trapper and luck

Here's a link to the video in which Mr. Beardy talks about not having protective gear. Does he say that it wasn't offered to him? I don't have sound. The article mentions that he went with "tactical officers [who] offered firepower protection and a helicopter kept watch overhead", but there is no mention in the article of what else was offered directly to Mr. Beardy for his protection.

Scroll about half way down the page for the video.

How the RCMP found Canada’s most wanted fugitives with a raven, a Cree trapper and luck
I could play it, his wife says that he should have been treated like them (Police) and been offered what they had (body armour and bullet proof vests). He said that he "would do it again, but this time with a bullet proof vest on". (meaning that he would do it again, but would expect to be provided with the same protection the police had the next time).
From the written report: The potential danger he was in and the risks he took only hit him afterward. “I was sitting out there like a sitting duck, no armour, with my work jacket on,” he says. “I could have been killed at any time.” Sorry, a bit vague, but that covers what they were telling the reporter about it!
Actually, I can see why his wife was cross, as it seems that police either had no spare protective gear, or didn't even think about the fact that he was the only one not having the protection of wearing it!

Last edited:
Late to the scene as usual...Thanks to all the posters for bringing many details to light from the reports. After seeing the great Globe and Mail video and interview of Mr. Beardy I think got to witness a great and humble man who took action when needed to protect his family and community. I think the RCMP should have left some of their people back in Bird where they obviously were hiding out after hearing about the various dropped items including a wallet with an ID in it. I still think the psycho pair wanted a showdown with the police, but the police knew and didn't oblige. They waited them out and kept their distance. Can't say that I blame them. I loved the post from Zella about how the websleuths group put much more consideration into the case than the perps ever did. They spent more time on costumes and fantasy than in reading a map

Late to the scene as usual...Thanks to all the posters for bringing many details to light from the reports. After seeing the great Globe and Mail video and interview of Mr. Beardy I think got to witness a great and humble man who took action when needed to protect his family and community. I think the RCMP should have left some of their people back in Bird where they obviously were hiding out after hearing about the various dropped items including a wallet with an ID in it. I still think the psycho pair wanted a showdown with the police, but the police knew and didn't oblige. They waited them out and kept their distance. Can't say that I blame them. I loved the post from Zella about how the websleuths group put much more consideration into the case than the perps ever did. They spent more time on costumes and fantasy than in reading a map
As a Canadian, I hope Mr. Beardy is awarded some honour to recognize his invaluable assistance. He truly went above and beyond to find these murderers using his innate and cultural skills when a massive amount of our modern equipment and trained personnel couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen