Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see it happening. Teenager's say dumb things and it's so specific I doubt he made it up. I think it was not included because it doesn't fit the narrative of the final report.

I agree, it was very elaborate if he made it all up, I'm still 50/50 but it is another fascinating aspect to this story and I always include it when we're discussing the whole narrative. Speaking of which, what do you mean when you say it doesn't fit the narrative? My friends and I were talking about this last night (always) and I suggested it may have been left out because it humanized Kam and Bryer too much. Like it didn't make them look like cold blooded killers. It made them look like regular teenagers who needed help. It also couldn't be verified with surveillance footage, but then hey, neither could the incident on the night of the 17th West of Haines Junction. That was all eye witness just as well.

Last edited:
Once again, there is absolutely no evidence that Bryer was alienated from his mother. In fact, he was probably playing his entire family.

I must ask why folks are allowed to bash Bryer's mother, who is also considered to be a victim, but not his father? Seems rather a double standard. Perhaps because she's not telling her side of the story. The squeaky wheel always gets the attention.

Well, he didn't live with her for the past few years, so that is evidence of a strained relationship.

I'm not bashing. I'm not making any conclusions about anything. I'm just stating evidence of third party corroboration of events. I'm also not saying that Bryer's dad is blameless -- I've talked about the parallels between his criminal harassment charges and Bryer's threats against people many times. I think we have to wait for more information to come out to say what the situation was.

Once again, there is absolutely no evidence that Bryer was alienated from his mother. In fact, he was probably playing his entire family.

I must ask why folks are allowed to bash Bryer's mother, who is also considered to be a victim, but not his father? Seems rather a double standard. Perhaps because she's not telling her side of the story. The squeaky wheel always gets the attention.

I don't get it, but it's been a common theme throughout these threads. He's the one with the 10 year long criminal record, not her. I wonder what her side of the story would sound like?

If she finds out about the comments AS is making about her in a public space he may end up in trouble once again. He's making public accusations about her and I don't see how that isn't considered libel and perhaps even targeted harassment.

I don't get it, but it's been a common theme throughout these threads. He's the one with the 10 year long criminal record, not her. I wonder what her side of the story would sound like?

If she finds out about the comments AS is making about her in a public space he may end up in trouble once again. He's making public accusations about her and I don't see how that isn't considered libel and perhaps even targeted harassment.

I mean she is probably aware of it. If there is any ounce of truth, she is probably just keeping quiet with all the attention coming her way. She likely blaming herself for what her son did. He has a lawyer so I'm hoping she is giving him the best advice possible.

Well, he didn't live with her for the past few years, so that is evidence of a strained relationship.

I'm not bashing. I'm not making any conclusions about anything. I'm just stating evidence of third party corroboration of events. I'm also not saying that Bryer's dad is blameless -- I've talked about the parallels between his criminal harassment charges and Bryer's threats against people many times. I think we have to wait for more information to come out to say what the situation was.

I hear ya, but must ask why so many have so little compassion for a grieving and shocked mother who is clearly trying to protect her other children. He's pretty much blaming her, the RCMP, and child protection services where I'm employed, although not in BC, for Bryer's death and the fact that he slaughtered three innocents in cold blood. I really hope that he gets slammed with a libel suit for his horrible behaviour.

I hear ya, but must ask why so many have so little compassion for a grieving and shocked mother who is clearly trying to protect her other children. He's pretty much blaming her, the RCMP, and child protection services where I'm employed, although not in BC, for Bryer's death and the fact that he slaughtered three innocents in cold blood. I really hope that he gets slammed with a libel suit for his horrible behaviour.

But what if it's true? I'm sure his lawyer is advising him.

SBM
Sure starting to feel like that, and she has said hardly a word. And I don’t blame her one bit for staying silent. Just like Al, she has a nightmare to wake up to each day.

SBM
Sure starting to feel like that, and she has said hardly a word. And I don’t blame her one bit for staying silent. Just like Al, she has a nightmare to wake up to each day.

Yes, and on top of it all she has to deal with his accusations, delusions, and even the book he wrote at a time when their son was missing (and then considered a suspect).

Regardless of what is or is not true, I seriously doubt his attorney is in favor of him posting those YouTube comments.

No doubt! I have to assume AS is not her only client and she doesn’t have the time to monitor what he’s saying or where he’s saying/posting it.

I feel for the victims and their families. I also feel for the families of KM and BS. If we have all these questions I can only imagine what they’re wondering. None of this makes any sense.

@NJSleuth91 totally agree with all your points above and yes, we don't know that for sure. It could be his wallet, but I really think it's his phone.

Same.

I don't have a lack of compassion for her. Even if she was a less than perfect parent -- even if she was a horrible parent, for that matter -- I still feel bad for her that she has to deal with this situation. Just like I feel bad for Bryer's dad that he has to deal with this situation even though he clearly made questionable decisions as a parent.

And I also don't think it's her fault that Bryer went out and did this, or that it's anyone else's fault besides Bryer's. While environmental factors do contribute to development, ultimately, we all have self-determination, especially by age 18.

All I'm saying is that there's a chance, due to the third-party evidence I mentioned, that his statements about what happened with the custody battle have some truth to them. But I don't think any of us can say conclusively until more information comes out.

I'm just looking at this from the "Seconds From Disaster" perspective of -- what went wrong? What risk factors and warning signs were there? What can we do to mitigate those risk factors and recognize those warning signs in the future? It's not about assigning blame or ameliorating responsibility of the two perpetrators for their actions. It's about violence prevention.

and even the book he wrote at a time when their son was missing (and then considered a suspect).

He didn't write it when Bryer was missing or a suspect. He wrote it several months earlier and it was due to be released (self-published) on July 22nd (and I don't think the timing of the trip was a coincidence...I think that was part of what set Bryer off in some way, although I don't think his dad had any idea of it). The only reason why he sent it to the media was to try to provide some information on what led up to this. Now, we can debate whether sending it to the media was a morally sound decision, or whether the decision to write it in the first place was a morally sound decision.

Anyway, I think we have to wait and see what legal actions come as a result of this. And there will be legal actions of some kind.

Do you think his lawyer is advising him to make public accusations in a YouTube comment section?

Another small question: do you really think that AS would actually listen to or take any advice that did not support his own version of events or his blame everyone game? Lawyers can only give advice but they cannot make clients heed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5