CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand stand the facts in this situation are important and indeed technically they are men specified by an age limit for juvenile hood set by a governmental body . However , they are hardly men and it shows ! I have two grown sons aged 20 and 25 of whom are still referred to as “the boys” . Mostly as a sentimental and habitual reference . Not meant to be degrading or negating their duty to be adults . It’s just a habit ... I apologize if I have used those terms .
Yes, in my family too. Young adults are often referred to as “my boy”or “the boys”. I was just going to post on this very subject. :)

AS spoke out immediately when they were missing: he was crying and demanding that LE find them on the news.

I don’t recall that it was immediately but yes, the father first spoke out while the two were still considered missing. IIRC he said he learned of his son’s disappearance while watching the news at a Starbucks. I don’t recall the name of the podcast but a reporter reported speaking with him.

Part of me hopes they are on foot because I cannot imagine that 2 young men from Port Albernie could ever be prepared for the remote bush of N Manitoba or N Ontario, the bugs, the terrain, the wild animals, I doubt they would last long out there on foot and it sounds like they no longer have camping gear, seems it was burnt with the Rav 4. Unfortunately if they were to die out there in the vast remoteness their bodies may never be found.
JMO I feel they are likely in another vehicle and they likely drove out of Giliam before the Rav 4 fire was discovered. Where ever they are, it has me on the edge of my keyboard. Hope they are caught soon.
I don’t think we know anything about the camping gear they had with them.

I’m quite sure they would have their cell phones and likely their phone chargers. Kinda surprised a computer was burned up with the pickup truck, unless maybe it was stolen from Lucas & Chynna

But they aren’t going to have the kind of gear that would make a stay in the woods very safe and comfortable.

And then, there’s the problem of food.

I’m quite sure they would have their cell phones and likely their phone chargers. Kinda surprised a computer was burned up with the pickup truck, unless maybe it was stolen from Lucas & Chynna

But they aren’t going to have the kind of gear that would make a stay in the woods very safe and comfortable.

Or if it had a manifesto on it ?

Perhaps the fathers’ statement was in cooperation with LE and the media. Could the specifics he touched on somehow calm his son down and bring him into a more rational state?

Would the media really exploit this father in such a vulnerable state without some sort of consultation/supervision of LE?

Would the father be left unattended, not have an officer or team assigned to him (including a mental health counsellor) in case his son reached out to him?

I understand stand the facts in this situation are important and indeed technically they are men specified by an age limit for juvenile hood set by a governmental body . However , they are hardly men and it shows ! I have two grown sons aged 20 and 25 of whom are still referred to as “the boys” . Mostly as a sentimental and habitual reference . Not meant to be degrading or negating their duty to be adults . It’s just a habit ... I apologize if I have used those terms .
I guess it depends on ones age but they look like "boys" to me.
Boys? Men? Young adults?
Yesterday when I heard they were suspects in this horror, I called them much worse names than mentioned above.
Their age dictates they will be tried as adults and that is what really matters.

Perhaps the fathers’ statement was in cooperation with LE and the media. Could the specifics he touched on somehow calm his son down and bring him into a more rational state?

Would the media really exploit this father in such a vulnerable state without some sort of consultation/supervision of LE?

Would the father be left unattended, not have an officer or team assigned to him (including a mental health counsellor) in case his son reached out to him?
It is unclear what social services have been provided to this obviously grieving father and the extended family but it doesn't appear that he has RCMP/local police protection IMO. In the first interview the CHEK reporter simply seemed to catch him walking on the street and very casually put the microphone up to him for a conversation.

I think it would make sense for some level of security protection for the families given the widespread public coverage of this case and how when public emotions run high that danger is clearly a potential outcome. If there is no government support of the involved family members I would hope that RCMP senior staff would look into the situation as we don't need more tragedy in this horrible situation IMO.

I noticed one of the suspects had camouflage top on. Closest Military base is CFB Comox, about 2 hours east of Port Alberni.
Anyone have insight on any special training the suspects may have had?

The camping gear might have belonged to the person who they stole the car from (assuming bearded man). They burned their own camper.

jmo

The media is there to get a story, period.

Victim Services are not always attentive, and in some places they take a very passive approach...they'll answer questions, but not offer answers proactively. Their role varies a great deal, depending on where you are. In some places, they're volunteers, so there is no continuity. Is anyone looking out for the father on Vancouver Island? Good question.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on ones age but they look like "boys" to me.
Boys? Men? Young adults?
Yesterday when I heard they were suspects in this horror, I called them much worse names than mentioned above.
Their age dictates they will be tried as adults and that is what really matters.

They are "teens." When they were missing, they were teens, they are 18 and 19 years old, and as suspects they are still teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr