CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Age: Bryer is 18, too young to drink legally in B.C., where the murders were committed. Bryer is still a minor under the law. Kam is 19, fully legal in B.C.

For crimes committed in other provinces where the legal age is 18, they are both adults.

For our American friends, they would not yet be legal in your country, where 21 is the age of majority.

In other countries, drinking age is different from legal age. Not so in Canada.

In Canadian court, minors can be tried as adults, depending on how close they are to the age of majority and other factors.

Clear as mud now, right? Takeaway: Bryer is a minor and Kam is an adult in B.C.

ETA: some northern communities have voted themselves "dry". Liquor is not sold legally in these communities.

Age of majority is 18 across Canada. It is not the same as age at which you can drink. You can vote at 18, undertake contracts on your own and so forth, and most importantly, be sentenced as an adult for acts you committed.

Age: Bryer is 18, too young to drink legally in B.C., where the murders were committed. Bryer is still a minor under the law. Kam is 19, fully legal in B.C.

For crimes committed in other provinces where the legal age is 18, they are both adults.

For our American friends, they would not yet be legal in your country, where 21 is the age of majority.

In other countries, drinking age is different from legal age. Not so in Canada.

In Canadian court, minors can be tried as adults, depending on how close they are to the age of majority and other factors.

Clear as mud now, right? Takeaway: Bryer is a minor and Kam is an adult in B.C.

ETA: some northern communities have voted themselves "dry". Liquor is not sold legally in these communities.

ok, wait... I'm Canadian, and at 18, you are no longer a minor in the eyes of the law as far as I know. The young offenders Act only covers minors up to the age of 17, you turn 18, you are an adult. Drinking age and being considered a minor/adult are 2 different things IMO

Well, if they did happen to make it out of Gillam after burning the car on Monday, Northern Ontario is a day drive if they continued on an eastwards trek. It's Wednesday - better to issue a warning to those in Ontario than not to.

I'm wondering if they believe they grabbed another vehicle? There seems to be a dead-end highway (290, I believe) heading out of Gillam. Did they decide to trek on foot? It is dense terrain up there. Should they follow the river, it will bring then out to Hudson's Bay.

Otherwise, they headed west out of Gillam to reach another major roadway.

ok, wait... I'm Canadian, and at 18, you are no longer a minor in the eyes of the law as far as I know. The young offenders Act only covers minors up to the age of 17, you turn 18, you are an adult. Drinking age and being considered a minor/adult are 2 different things IMO
Regardless, crimes of this nature would be tried in adult court.

I would hope and assume that they verified it from the source before publication. Journalistic ethics and all.
Well that's the thing. Sure, we can rely on "journalistic ethics", but it seems a little suspicious to me that they're claiming that there were youtube and steam accounts by a certain name, and yet no web cache in the world can verify this. I can find embarrassing *advertiser censored* I wrote 25 years ago, on my first website, on wayback machine and google cache, but nothing about these accounts. I can also find all sorts of references to my old youtube and steam accounts. So I gotta wonder why I can't find a single thing on these guys.

That's the thing about the Internet. The Internet doesn't forget. If it does, you have to assume either it didn't happen, or there's a worldwide conspiracy to suppress that information :D.

I want evidence of these accounts ever existing. I want to see that picture of Breyer dressed as a Nazi. Until that point, I have to assume it's all made up.

I'm really curious to know if they did use or try to use any credit or debit cards of their victims. Seems a huge oversight in this day and age. Young people especially and those interested in committing crimes must know that can be a way to trace people.

To know enough to turn off their phones but not know better than to use your victims bank card.

This is all speculation of course.

It may have been fairly easy to use debit cards or CC's if they were from a Canadian bank. Tap is easy to use and no PIN is needed, and until they identified the older victim, they could have easily have been using his cards. JMO

Well that's the thing. Sure, we can rely on "journalistic ethics", but it seems a little suspicious to me that they're claiming that there were youtube and steam accounts by a certain name, and yet no web cache in the world can verify this. I can find embarrassing **** I wrote 25 years ago, on my first website, on wayback machine and google cache, but nothing about these accounts. I can also find all sorts of references to my old youtube and steam accounts. So I gotta wonder why I can't find a single thing on these guys.

That's the thing about the Internet. The Internet doesn't forget. If it does, you have to assume either it didn't happen, or there's a worldwide conspiracy to suppress that information :D.

I want evidence of these accounts ever existing. I want to see that picture of Breyer dressed as a Nazi. Until that point, I have to assume it's all made up.
Not necessarily a worldwide conspiracy, but social media sites do have a tendency of completely blasting these kinds of profiles off the face of the web. It happens with facebook profiles all the time when the account holder makes the news.

I saw a youtube account by the "Illusive Gameing" name earlier that is definitely not there now. Can I prove it? Nope. The internet might not forget on its own, but it can be roofied.

And the photos were evidently sent in private messages, and there's no way of searching those, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?