CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the guy who says BS sent the pictures to him lie? Don't believe it or not, it's someone behind a gas mask. Not important anyways.
I'm not riled about this issue either. BS has issues - he's on a killing spree for Pete's sake. I don't need the source of a photo MSM saw fit to print to know the guy is troubled and is trouble. We've figured that part out.

myopinion

Why would the guy who says BS sent the pictures to him lie? Don't believe it or not, it's someone behind a gas mask. Not important anyways.

Why would he/she lie? No idea. For the lulz? I can think of several tens of thousands of people on a certain forum who aren't above doing exactly this sort of thing, precisely "for the lulz".

I think it's important insofar as everyone is 100% convinced this guy is spouting Nazi propaganda, which has a very dramatic impact on the public's perception of him. This makes him guilty by default, in the eyes of anyone who operates on emotion first. Should this ever go to court, a jury now is going into it with the belief that they're prosecuting a known pro-nazi.
I think being accurate is important, and to suggest that there is any evidence whatsoever, to substantiate any of the claims regarding his online persona, is to be wildly inaccurate (at least as far as I've been able to find thus far).

It's also incredibly dangerous to start demonising someone based on absolutely no evidence. For all we know, these guys are entirely innocent and are running for some unknown reason (just to play devils advocate). At this point, if someone runs across them, they will automatically assume they're dealing with two Nazi murderers, and they're likely to shoot first, ask questions later. This sort of situation comes up often enough that it should always been a concern.

Rest in peace, Leonard. Horrible, horrible situation and my heart is with his friends and family. I'm curious about the circumstances leading to his death, but it doesn't sound like we will be gaining much information. I'm glad for the sake of his family that his identity was confirmed, but how tragic.

I wonder if someone ended up recognizing him from the sketch; that makes my heart sink, thinking about my reaction had I recognized someone and called in hoping to a God I don't believe in that it wasn't who I was inquiring about.

I think it's important insofar as everyone is 100% convinced this guy is spouting Nazi propaganda, which has a very dramatic impact on the public's perception of him. This makes him guilty by default, in the eyes of anyone who operates on emotion first. Should this ever go to court, a jury now is going into it with the belief that they're prosecuting a known pro-nazi.
I think being accurate is important, and to suggest that there is any evidence whatsoever, to substantiate any of the claims regarding his online persona, is to be wildly inaccurate (at least as far as I've been able to find thus far).

I would hope the jury would be focused on the depraved actions of these killers, as opposed to any potential interest in Nazism.

That’s the least of these guy’s worries at this point.

We’ve had atleast one interview that also referenced an interest in this sort of thing, which jibes with the photos that have been published.

I’m not hung up on this, either way.

Yes. It's odd. He watched quickly to being fully accepting that his kid is insane, a killer and on a murderous suicide mission.

What does he know? What has he witnessed?

I guess it's possible that he's basing that on everything he knows about his son now, that he either didn't know, or was in denial about, a week ago.

Not everyone may be able to access the Toronto Globe and Mail article mentioned above on links to far right ideology. The Globe, one of Canada’s most important newspapers, is mostly behind a pay wall.

The reference to the Airsoft rifle fits with Mr. Schmegelsky‘s father purchasing one for him.

Here is the key quote:

“The various accounts share similar imagery and themes, including the Communist icon, far-right politics, sexualized Japanese anime and the survivalist videogame Rust.

“The profile picture for the Illusive Gameing YouTube account features a modified Soviet flag, but its profile picture is the heraldic eagle of Hitler’s Germany, one of the most recognizable symbols of the Nazi regime. The page was active as of six months ago.

“Steam accounts associated to Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod were last active a week before their pickup truck was found, on fire, on Highway 37.

“An online Steam user confirmed to The Globe he talked to Mr. Schmegelsky regularly online. He recalled Mr. McLeod joining their online chats as well.

“The user, who asked not to be identified, provided photos, sent by the teenager, of Mr. Schmegelsky in military fatigues, brandishing what appears to be an airsoft rifle. Another photo shows a swastika armband, similar to those worn by Nazi SS officers. Another photo features Mr. Schmegelsky in a gas mask.

“The photos were sent in the fall of 2018, but the user said he stopped playing online games with Mr. Schmegelsky earlier this year after he continued to praise Hitler’s Germany.”

Full link if you can access it: RCMP search for missing teens now suspected in three B.C. slayings

Reading this makes me think they are completely sensationalising the "survival gaming" culture to the point of living it. Now, not for one minute do I think that video games make people take actions such as these teens, but their particular personality types and mindsets seem to have led them to be too involved in this "survivalist, chip on the shoulder, me against the world" type situation as seen in many war based, apocalyptic and survivalist video games. At this stage, I feel as though they would be pretty proud of themselves given that they have been on the run for a week - wreaking havoc and taunting LE.

They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but they are not stupid. I certainly could not survive and be on the run for this long and not only am I university educated, but have clocked many gaming hours in my time!

Very interesting to see what will pan out here. And really hoping the body count does not continue to rise...

Oh my God... I didn't take a proper look at the photo, but Leonard is known fondly at the University of British Columbia as Len, and lectures on botany. I think he's only seasonal but he is well-liked and so very kind. This hurts my heart!

I'm glad poor Mr. Dyck has been identified. RIP.

Sign me up with everyone else who has noted there's a lot of talk about BS but almost none about KM.

Knowing that BS does not have a drivers license, I doubt he would be the owner.

I think truck/camper was likely owned by KM and/or his family, and used with permission.

No evidence to the contrary. MOO
I found the detail that BS doesn't have a driver's license very interesting. Wonder if that means he cannot drive at all or he can but just never went through the formalities? Does make me think KM might be doing all the driving, which can also limit how far they get if they are not spelling each other on the road.

should this ever go to court, a jury now is going into it with the belief that they're prosecuting a known pro-nazi.
I've been on a jury where all kinds of stuff was in the news prior to the trial. That's not how this works. The Nazi stuff isn't remotely important to what happened here. They'll be looking at evidence provided regarding three murders. The only place that his other interests might arise would be during sentencing. Should this go to court. But you never know. <modsnip - political comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
The father of Bryer said he bought the camo outfit to encourage his son to take part in outdoor activity. The son used it for recreational Airsoft. That is all.

I think some people are confusing youth cadets with reservists? There is no indication that either of these two took part in cadets.

Cadets do, however, get training with Daisy air rifles, but this is only done by their cadet officers. Cadets are a youth organization. If these two had belonged, I doubt very much they'd be in the situation they're in now.

Could a safety gun cause the round hole in the back window of the van?

I actually would like to hear from kindergarten teachers. Were something off about either of these two at that age? Often, there is. And if not, that's insightful too.

jmo

I don’t because it can’t be reliably determined that a 5 year old is going to grow up to become a mass murderer. There’s just too many variables. In times like this the media is looking to grab onto the negative to compete with headlines, everybody should’ve known, and once again that points the finger of blame back at the family. I don’t think they need that right now, especially considering the two haven’t been captured yet.

In reality, even if a parent was concerned about potential violent tendencies or possible mental illness, even illegal drug use, they’re most often powerless.

Oh my God... I didn't take a proper look at the photo, but Leonard is known fondly at the University of British Columbia as Len, and lectures on botany. I think he's only seasonal but he is well-liked and so very kind. This hurts my heart!
Do you know him? Oh dear, I'm so sorry for the university's loss. He looks kind.

It's a tragic death.

I am glad his name has been found.

jmo

RIP Mr. Dyck. Since RCMP are charging these 2 with his murder 1st could that mean he was the 1st victim? As I haven't seen any charges laid for the murders of Mr. Fowler and Ms. Deese yet? Hmm

Do you know him? Oh dear, I'm so sorry for the university's loss. He looks kind.

It's a tragic death.

I am glad his name has been found.

jmo

He wasn't a lecturer of mine, but of my best friend. I sat in on one of his lectures one day and he was captivating. One of those people that is passionate about what he's teaching, and is very kind and personable. I had the pleasure of speaking with him after because frankly, I had no knowledge about botany but wanted to thank him for what I'd learned.

It was sad regardless, but knowing the reputation he had from those who knew him at UBC, it breaks my heart all the more. I can only imagine how his family feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru