CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a long time since I’ve lived in Manitoba. Are people not using satellite internet from, e.g, Xplornet?
There is a local internet provider there, ComStream or something, I know you couldn't get bell internet there, and when we travelled in the bush we used satphones.

A lot of native reservations end up with local native run companies that build a local solution. Its not uncommon and provides local jobs and better speeds than bell rural. I'm sure they can get connected through land networks, either satellite to the company office and distribution from there, or another similar system. Xplornet is also an option for sure though

But in the case of survival, the dynamics shift based on whom is more knowledgeable in different areas. If person A has more knowledge on fire starting and shelter making, and person B on hunting and slaughter... neither is taking an overall leadership role. They are both taking on the 50/50 role, relying on the other where they are weak.
Yes, and there is much psychological research “peer reviewed” info related to this. However, I am too tired and lazy to get into an intellectual discussion at this time :)

Edit: SiciC thats a good point. If he didnt know before hes prolly learning. Though if hes not experienced his driving could draw attention. who knows tho, his father didnt seem to know him well

That may be part of the reason why they chose a less travelled road. It's easier for a novice driver.

Their social media before this incident was mostly devoid of followers or friends. They each had about a dozen FB friends and even less on IG. Their steam accounts were pretty bare.

They seem pretty anhedonic so I'm not sure this is the case at all, but its possible I guess

I noticed this too. Hardly any friends on Instagram or FB, which is not typical for that age range. This could indicate a few things, but I think the most likely is they built their own delusional world. I don't know enough about them yet to speculate more on their pathology, but it's always something I wait for in cases like these.

The surveillance video (here:
) shows two young men who are trying to look calm and unobtrusive. BS definitely looks somewhat more on edge. KM looks slightly, every so slightly, annoyed. He may even have had a thought about being on camera.

The unnecessary coat buttoning gesture by BS is a mark of anxiety and a desire to keep in costume, to keep in persona. If they were just in the store, not on video, an onlooker would wonder what they are doing there - they don't seem to be looking for much in particular.

At 0:11 there's a look of slight anguish and concern on KM's face. The hand in the pocket is a gesture of nonchalance, but his face is anything but. I agree he looks stressed there. His gaze is on some point slightly to his left and downward, but really, it's an inward gaze.
[…]

It's clear KM is leading in this foray into the store (and maybe in general). I am leaving aside any diagnosis of "joint psychosis" because I don't see any evidence for it. But, if there are disagreements or the need for sudden decision making, they may function better as a couple if each of them knows their role and one of them makes the snap decisions.”
[end of quote]

Kay seems to lead the way and Bryer looks the frailer one.

I wonder if Kay was the bearded guy spotted arguing with Lucas and Chynna on the the 14th July.

I wonder whether Kay and Bryer are still together. Could one of them have kiil3d the other?

Last edited:
Potentially in places, but not everywhere out there. By wifi i assume you mean cellular data, wifi in the wild would require them to stumble on cottage that has a router with wifi and likely to know the password.

I've been up there, both for work and for pleasure (long canoe tripping), and you wont get very much service with rogers, only 2g in places few and far between. With bell you can 3g in town pretty consistently, outside of town it drops off fast, and places with good reception again become few and far between, just a bit better than bell's competitors.

Being able to consistently use the internet, check SM, google stuff, or download maps would be incredibly limited on either service, because cellular data and LTE only work in a very small area around the towns, once out in the bush you will likely not get cell data at all.

How is the radio reception out there? I have a hand-crank radio (ie no batteries or electricity required) in my 72-hour kit, it works well and would come in very handy if we hand a local emergency.

I think some people are talking past each other RE leader/follower relationship and power dynamics.

Saying that there doesn't necessarily have to be one person thats overly dominant all the time and is driving this whole situation, is not saying that there is not a power imbalance of some sort between them in some way or the other. There almost always is in any relationship, between anyone, even if completely benign or subtle. Between 2 people one will always be more or this less of that etc.

Anyone think it’s possible they committed suicide? Or murder/suicide?

I think it's possible one murdered the other and is now on the run alone. They're teenagers, there's no way imo they thought this through when they started. The tension, the fear, the exhaustion will be too much to bear after a while and the one that shows cracks first might get killed by the other one who doesn't want to take any chances. jmo

I’d still like to know how two teenagers from Port Alberni, Vancouver Island wound up at an Indian Reservation north of Gillam, Manitoba. It is just so improbable. Completely random sightseeing tour? Get to an intersection and flip a coin?

Possibly their forensic analytic team (profilers, seasoned detectives, anthropologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc). It may be an educated guess.

Because at this point, this duo is successfully terrorizing an entire region, whether intentionally or not. And LE is not an unlimited resource, nor is the public going to be calmed by hearing "they could be anywhere" over and over.

I'd guess that they have some specific information that makes them think appearance may have changed, though.

I agree they probably have a considerable team of various experts working on this. However, I doubt very much they would "canvas" a whole area for the next 72 hours just on an educated guess. The fact RCMP said someone might have inadvertently helped them tells me they know someone did and have information on it, which led them to the canvassing. I think they are hoping that the person comes forward to narrow down the search.

Anyone think it’s possible they committed suicide? Or murder/suicide?
I feel like that would be giving up too soon. Though I have a hard time figuring out what their Endgame is, I'm pretty certain it has something to do with 'winning'. The publicity/notoriety discussed upthread is only valuable if you come out looking like a hero in your own eyes, eg being really clever in outwitting police, going on a high bodycount rampage before dying, or surviving for years without detection.

The goal is certainly not to become famous for doing something shameful or embarrasing like dressing like a woman.

one thing that I noticed in the newly released video is that neither of the fugitives has a phone in his hand
maybe they're in their pockets ... or maybe they don't have any - I've noticed that many millennials carry their phone in their hand as opposed to a pocket IMO

Schmegelsky appears (IMO) to be holding something against his chest and with his back to the camera, quickly puts it in his coat.

I circled it:
View attachment 195152

(And they walked right past the bug spray.)

Yes, I agree. It's small and possibly gold or yellow in color. And they didn't get bug spray on this trip or even pause to look at it.

To me, they resemble store videos of people who are casing a place.

Also, it seems to me that BS has the very well-groomed eyebrows so popular in his generation. Although it's impossible to say from a video, I would say that he may pluck them and use product. If not, he is genetically endowed with exceptional eyebrows with that perfect arch and fill that is every young woman's dream these days. His look at 0:14 is almost a vacant stare, but very inward.

I think Kams family is being quiet because they don't want more hounding from the media and the public than they're already getting. They probably want answers just as much as everyone else, and maybe have been told by LE not to disclose any possible guns they own, if Kam or anyone in his family has a gun license, the owner of the initial burned out truck and camper... It will just bring more unwanted attention to them to talk about any of that anyways.
I'm betting that they've hired an attorney that is telling them to stay mum.

How is the radio reception out there? I have a hand-crank radio (ie no batteries or electricity required) in my 72-hour kit, it works well and would come in very handy if we hand a local emergency.

Radio reception is usually good, there are some repeaters and such set up, lots of people with vehicle CBs in case of emergency or monitoring the emergency channel, or else just chatting.

You even get the odd HAM radio guru.

Its pretty good reception, in general though, especially along the lower lying areas along the rivers and lakes.

I noticed this too. Hardly any friends on Instagram or FB, which is not typical for that age range. This could indicate a few things, but I think the most likely is they built their own delusional world. I don't know enough about them yet to speculate more on their pathology, but it's always something I wait for in cases like these.
Not that this necessarily means anything specific, but they were both graduates of the ‘alternative’ high school in their town...
Both McLeod and Schmegelsky were said to have graduated from VAST, an alternative school in Port Alberni, over the last two years.
https://www.albernivalleynews.com/n...omicide-suspicious-death-spotted-in-manitoba/

Last edited:
Makes sense; BS could’ve been getting unofficial driving lessons from a friend on the downlow... I watched two interviews with BS’s dad and it didn’t seems like he saw him very much...

Many in his generation get a learner's permit and renew it indefinitely. Others get a probationary licence and renew it indefinitely. I don't understand why; it's just the way it is.

So if they were a couple of rule-followers, it would be perfectly legal for the one with a learner's permit to drive in the company of adult who has a full licence, as long as the adult is not impaired. Kam is an adult in B.C. at age 19.

Some farm kids I know started driving farm trucks (and shifting gears) at age nine, with their parents' blessing.

Now there are video games where rudimentary driving skills can be acquired.

Heck, they could each be driving a vehicle by now. I don't think they like rules very much, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67