CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously possible, but you don’t have to drive all the way to Gillam to do that :)

I doubt they intended to drive to gillam at all, probably just thought they were on the road less travelled and assumed a provincial highway wouldn't just dead end in the middle of the province.

Without gps navigation anybody could make the same mistake if they don't know how to read a proper map

Hmm idk, watched it a few times over on x0.25 speed. Looks like hes just playing with his hands and doesnt have anything in them. esp around 6 sec mark when hes right under the camera. then he doesnt reach for anything else, is it possibly just fidgeting

I doubt they intended to drive to gillam at all, probably just thought they were on the road less travelled and assumed a provincial highway wouldn't just dead end in the middle of the province.

Without gps navigation anybody could make the same mistake if they don't know how to read a proper map

That’s an interesting view, because I kind of suspect that they left Port Alberni with an old Rand McNally or CAA map book for the whole country. A question that I haven’t seen addressed: would their original vehicle (don’t know the year or model) have built in navigation, or maybe a portable unit?

Yesterday, someone on here from Vancouver Island said that they would not leave the Island on a long trip without an old style map book.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s an interesting view, because I kind of suspect that they left Port Alberni with an old Rand McNally or CAA map book for the whole country. A question that I haven’t seen addressed: would their original vehicle have built in or even dashboard navigation?
I wonder if the RAV4 had GPS navigation.

Hmm idk, watched it a few times over on x0.25 speed. Looks like hes just playing with his hands and doesnt have anything in them. esp around 6 sec mark when hes right under the camera. then he doesnt reach for anything else, is it possibly just fidgeting
Check post 462... that screengrab shows something small in BS’s hand, held in front of his chest...

Good Morning Canadians, bonjour mes chers frères et soeurs canadiens, another day /night of tension.

Crikey, that vid clip of the two of them in the store was an eyeopener. This looked like a pair being utterly silently defiant, and one has pressured the other into going into that store. One wants desperately to be back in the normal world, one reluctantly folds...

The magpie effect. Being products of the 21st century, the bright lights and glitter of a store is irresistible to them both and they have had to work themselves up to concert pitch to get in there. They know there are cameras, they know it, and they don't care, they have to touch base with their previous life, where one just went into a store and strolled around.

Shoplifting, for sure. Something , probably trivial, but the stealing, the finger up is the main driver. What they steal is not the point. And walking right past the bug spray, too!.. good lord.

Just who won that battle of whether to enter the store or not has all the appearance of Kam , his snarky face, he is very pleased with himself, and Bryer is playing the part of the minder, with a great deal of undirected defiance.

I’d still like to know how two teenagers from Port Alberni, Vancouver Island wound up at an Indian Reservation north of Gillam, Manitoba. It is just so improbable. Completely random sightseeing tour? Get to an intersection and flip a coin?

They probably knew someone Gillam. Lots of workers from BC, AB worked in the Keeyask hydroelectric project. You will find videos on YouTube for an idea.

This is my best guess:

They first went to Red Deer, AB where one has a relative.
Then they went towards Whitehorse, but came across Lucas/Chynna.

After murdering them, they either laid low in the Watson Lake area for 3 days, or actually went to Whitehorse.

Then they panicked, burned their truck, murdered Prof. Dyck to steal his SUV, and headed to Saskatchewan where one has a relative.

They panicked again, and decided to hide in Gillam, where they know someone.

I agree they probably have a considerable team of various experts working on this. However, I doubt very much they would "canvas" a whole area for the next 72 hours just on an educated guess. The fact RCMP said someone might have inadvertently helped them tells me they know someone did and have information on it, which led them to the canvassing. I think they are hoping that the person comes forward to narrow down the search.

I wasn't responding to anything about canvasing. I'm talking about expert opinion, given whatever facts they have. LE can't be everywhere.

OTOH, they are doing a lot of stop and talk activities. They aren't "canvasing" but they are definitely talking to people on the road, as they should.

For all we know, LE may just have verified the one person who says she may have picked them up. It's not as we get info in real time, as LE receives it. And they do verify.

Schmegelsky appears (IMO) to be holding something against his chest and with his back to the camera, quickly puts it in his coat.

I circled it:
View attachment 195152

(And they walked right past the bug spray.)
Hmm how is the video camera at the end getting a front on shot of them walking out? Video surveillance usually is up high and looking down isn't it, like in the store cam it's above. Where could the outside cam be located to get that view? Just thinking out loud....

Not that this necessarily means anything specific, but they were both graduates of the ‘alternative’ high school in their town...

Oh, interesting. I hadn't heard that but I have had an unusually long work-week so I haven't kept up with all the MSM articles. Do you happen to have a link so I can go poke around more?

They probably knew someone Gillam. Lots of workers from BC, AB worked in the Keeyask hydroelectric project. You will find videos on YouTube for an idea.

This is my best guess:

They first went to Red Deer, AB where one has a relative.
Then they went towards Whitehorse, but came across Lucas/Chynna.

After murdering them, they either laid low in the Watson Lake area for 3 days, or actually went to Whitehorse.

Then they panicked, burned their truck, murdered Prof. Dyck to steal his SUV, and headed to Saskatchewan where one has a relative.

They panicked again, and decided to hide in Gillam, where they know someone.

What you’re effectively saying is that they have an accessory in Gillam, and that today’s RCMP press conference was in part about asking that person to turn themselves in.

That’s an interesting view, because I kind of suspect that they left Port Alberni with an old Rand McNally or CAA map book for the whole country. A question that I haven’t seen addressed: would their original vehicle have built in navigation, or maybe a portable unit?

I know a canadian 23 year old who got on the wrong bus, and then killed her phone by trying to use apps and gps maps to figure out how to get home. Instead of, you know, just downloading the pdf map of all the routes and then getting the relevant time schedules. And then they are lost and stranded in toronto because they are hopeless without an app to say "go here, get on this bus, get off at this stop, etc". Or better yet, keeping the paper copies handy in case anything ever happened to the phone.

I know a Canadian 19 year old who called me once to ask me if they needed to take the bus on the right or left side of the road, i responded "which way are you facing", and that person lost their temper and said "just answer my question with a right or left, this is why i never ask you for help"

I'm dating one of them and the other is my sister. Young people depend way too much on navigation by apps.

I would stake a month's wages on these two assuming their phones would work anywhere in canada, and no map was anywhere to be seen.

Exactly. They are children. I have kids their ages. There is just NO WAY kids this age can mastermind a plan and not get caught....or die. Their brains are not fully formed for it.

I really like your comment, but I do think these two may be exceptional. I'm not saying they are geniuses, but it's a myth that all 18 year old brains are immature. I've seen 18 year olds (and younger) make outrageously complicated plans and carry out some major part of it.

I don't think they have a "master plan," but I do think they had an overall plan, and it evolved as they drove.

Play it at x0.25 speed and at the 10:00-11:00 freeze frame by frame. It’s a flash over his left shoulder. To me, it looks similar in size and shape to a brown wallet, but it looks suspicious, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67