CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve wondered the same thing since suspecting they were involved in both murder scenes. I don’t think we have any information on that time period. I’m also curious if the third scene police searched closest to Dease Lake (after burning truck and deceased LD) is related to LD murder or something else.
Third scene? You got a source so I can poke around?

Jeep Cherokee with stripe, but please don't look for him. RCMP doesn't want us to bring him up again.
Where did they say that? Seems odd that they took the time to create a composite sketch (while McLeod and Schmegelsky were still listed as missing) received a ton of calls about both sketches released, next update is Mcleod and Schmegelsky were suspects and the bearded man in a hat is never mentioned again?? That must have been some good tips that flooded in. They’ve taken the time to clarify a couple false stories, why not take the time to clarify about the man in the hat who was seen arguing with Fowler and Deese.

I think it’s likely the truck and camper came from K’s family as apparently B didn’t have a licence to drive. If it was still registered in a relative’s name, there’s liability implications in handing over a vehicle to a nonfamily member as sole driver.
That will be the least of their worries because IF their son gets out of this crazy murdering spree alive they'll be having to pay lawyer costs to defend their son in court. Oh my... What a mess and a travesty these two have created. RIP to the victims, they can't be forgotten. Justice for them soon I hope :)

And for the level of risk, it must have been something terrifically significant.

At this point, they know this may be their very last excursion into a store in the western world. They know they are hunted and wanted, they know they are murderers and murderers of a police man's son, always a very silly mistake, murderers of a woman, and everyone knows and the RCMP is on their case with all it's tech and personnel and equipment.

So they stroll in, and stroll around , and steal a very , very small thing. And slowly stroll out.

It's not ammo, it's not food, it's not pharmaceutical, it's not a mechanical part.... what would you steal on your last foray into a store in the middle of nowhere ?
They like matches.

I’ve wondered the same thing since suspecting they were involved in both murder scenes. I don’t think we have any information on that time period. I’m also curious if the third scene police searched closest to Dease Lake (after burning truck and deceased LD) is related to LD murder or something else.
They also weren't named as persons of interest right away though, it wasn't until shortly after the third body and their burning trailer that they started burning rubber.

If the murder of the couple wasn't premeditated they might have been wrestling with the emotions or coming down off of an adrenaline rush, arguing about what to do next, trying to find out what the cops knew, etc.

After looking at Chynna's Facebook profile wow, what a beautiful, bright, smart, enigmatic and popular young woman she looked like - just seems the polar opposite of Kam and Bryer. I wonder if she was shot in the face. She seems the epitome of a girl guys like Kam and Bryer would never get a chance with and shooting her in the face would seem symbolic of their rage towards successful people. Just a guess.

ETA - I am aware she was shot in head/jaw but I have to wonder if it was meant for her pretty face and she turned her head as a natural instinctual reaction. That's just so brutal, I bet they shot her first to feel superior to the other male Lucas. JMO.

There’s been nothing official about her being shot in the head/jaw.

How far back do you think the provider's records would go?

GDPR states personal data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. There are some circumstances where personal data may be stored for longer periods (e.g. archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes).

Recital 39 of the GDPR states that the period for which the personal data is stored should be limited to a strict minimum and that time limits should be established by the data controller for deletion of the records (referred to as erasure in the GDPR) or for a periodic review.

Organisations must therefore ensure personal data is securely disposed of when no longer needed. This will reduce the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant.

Is it possible there is a third person/accomplice who is “master-minding” this whole sick ordeal? Like giving KM and BS instructions/missions like where to go and what to do next? I’m just thinking of the gaming aspect and the whole thing seems so random and sporadic for them

It could be a WS member, who joined exactly on July 12, 2018, and manipulated them for exactly one year. Then on July 12, 2019, they are activated.

I am joking of course, after checking your joining date. Yes, people can be manipulated online and in person to commit crimes.

Would anyone know who murdered 3 people had they not lit their own trailer on fire!? That detail still doesn't have a logical explanation unless they wanted the hunt and chase. Even if they murdered Dyck inside, burning it on sight put them there.
I’m wondering if they were getting help from LD and he discovered clues of what they had done? That could induce them to destroy evidence.

There is a small separate thread for this 84 yo woman who have been missing since Wednesday in Southern Manitoba (Menisino, about 125 kilometres southeast of Winnipeg) but so far as I can see there is no update from LE.

Quote from article:
"Around 100 volunteers, many of them trained in search and rescue, descended on the Spur Woods area, south of Provincial Road 201 and between the communities of Menisino and Piney, on Thursday".

"After searching for hours on Thursday, more than 80 people resumed the search Friday just before 8 a.m."

"Over 60 square kilometres have been scouted by plane or on foot. Search dogs have been in the area and a drone was used Thursday, but nothing has yielded any trace of the missing grandmother".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/search-continues-missing-woman-menisino-1.5227403

I just watched a newscast on this lady. They searched all day again today until it grew dark and no sign of her has been found. Those who know her describe her as “bush-wise”; she also grew up in the area and knows it well. Makes you wonder if there’s any relation to this case.
Forest being searched for 84-year-old woman

If they wanted to hide in a big city they weren’t far from Vancouver, without leaving BC.

They chose to travel the remote north for a reason IMO and that’s because they thought they’d wouldn’t be recognized.

Yes, and they're comfortable in the remote north and the wilderness. They're familiar with how things work in small towns and relatively remote areas. They're also counting on literally flying under the radar. In the media-saturated big cities, everybody will have seen them on the news for the last several days, and they'd be dealing with a greater likelihood of detection based solely on volume of potential interactions. In the Greater Toronto Area, the population is about 6.5 million, and all it takes is one person to recognize them to bring this whole sad saga to an abrupt end. In a small town and the wilderness, they're dealing with a handful of interactions, and less overall exposure. Besides, why would they deviate from tactics and environments that have helped them evade capture?

We will have to wait and see. They can also access the network traffic at the home of each of the two teens. Their gaming trails and chats, etc. Those will be stored elsewhere. Their network provider(s) know their internet history.

Yes and most internet history can be traced to the host, whether it be a gaming site, email, FB etc.

But I don’t think think this case involves a diabolical scheme amongst gamers. It just seems too far fetched for the two to murder three random people and then flee across the country with a plan to be saved by an online gaming acquaintance in Gillam. What would be the point of that?

Some questions here that haven't been answered. Not all the perceived evidence makes sense. Their burning vehicle wasn't "hidden" it was parked off the highway where it was obviously found easily and where anyone on a road trip might have pulled in for a rest stop. They were supposed to have driven huge distances within tiny timeframes and no sleep, with only one experienced driver, sometimes backtracking for hundreds of kilometres (drive 350k's, kill Chynna and Lucas, then turn around and drive another 350k's back to where you started?). They are supposed to have been driving virtually non-stop for days on end, so probably either left earlier than the grandmother, Carol thought they did or didn't go where she thought they were going. Why drive so far to Whitehorse on 12th (around 1700k?), in a day and then call on 14th and tell her they had already left? They would have arrived there and left immediately without any rest - maybe one job interview and dashed dreams, but why hasn't anyone from Whitehorse mentioned seeing them? Why has the media encouraged Bryer's father to speculate such damming and awful life-ending scenario's publicly for his own attention when it appears that he really hardly knew Bryer and didn't raise him? Bryer's father whined that he was so, so sorry for not "being able" to help?/rescue?/save? Bryer - did he mean Bryer had tried to ask for help and he ignored him or refused to help him. Nobody seems to have looked for or found any evidence of either of them purchasing a gun apart from an airsoft? (Surely there must be some type of record-keeping for this?). There is so far no evidence declared that they were anywhere near the couple who were murdered (Lucas and Chynna), apart from rumours and speculation. They are speculated to have deliberately burnt their vehicle when parked off the highway, leaving everything they owned in it, apart from their wallets, but a burnt laptop was found - the vehicle was valuable and comfortable and held all their belongings, which they would have swapped out to another one or stashed if they had the chance before it burned, at least removed some clothing and their laptops etc. Maybe their phones also burned? They were gamers and would never leave their laptops burn deliberately. If the laptops were in the burning vehicle, probably any guns would have also been (wherever they got them from?) They have only been pictured in the same clothes, so had not attempted to change clothing or their appearance for some time and as it appears everything they had with them burned, they had no other clothing (we can see from Bryer wearing the same heavy, long-sleeved shirt and Kam wearing the same t-shirt), so to me it seems that the vehicle fire had no planning at all. Why burn the vehicle you were supposed to be worried it will identify you from security cam/dashcam footage etc, but NOT change clothing and appearance at all? It appears they are believed to have forcibly stolen Mr. Dycks' car (which still doesn't appear to have been confirmed or unconfirmed by police!!) and left him on the side of the road, injured, shot or sick, perhaps after he offered them a lift or they flagged him down when their vehicle was burning? No information has been provided about how Mr, Dyck died. There has been nothing said about him being shot, and they were charged with his second-degree murder, which could mean anything. Have the police found how he died? If he was shot was it with the same bullets and gun as Chynna and Lucas? If Mr. Dyck had been shot, wouldn't they have been charged with first-degree murder? There are too many holes and questions in this case for me at the moment. I hope that it is not realised much later that the real killers of Chynna and Lucas aren't using this time to get too far away to ever be found???

Last edited:
7:19 a.m. on July 15. Deese and Fowler discovered

? Am july 18 McLeod and Schmegelsky stop at the Cassiar Mountain Jade Store for free coffee

Thats not even a 5 hour drive. What were they doing for 3 days

Especially since right after they drove as much as 36 hour in 3 days

They may have laid low around Watson Lake or actually visited Whitehorse.

I think if they have any indication of what's going on, which I'm sure they do, they won't be burning any more vehicles because it just marks their trail.. and they probably regret burning the last one because it gave away their location badly. Probably thought no one would see it up there in a secluded area like Gillam, that or they're purposely playing a "catch me if you can" type of game. Another thing about Manitoba is it is rife with ticks that can make a person very ill, carrying diseases like Lyme disease. Ticks would be rampant in those areas, among other sickening bugs and dangerous wildlife. As I've said though, I have a hard time believing they're still in the area. They had plenty of time to leave before people would have been looking for them out there.

did they aleady have another vehicle when they burned the RAV?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members