CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible there is a third person/accomplice who is “master-minding” this whole sick ordeal? Like giving KM and BS instructions/missions like where to go and what to do next? I’m just thinking of the gaming aspect and the whole thing seems so random and sporadic for them to just come up with on their own. Maybe they have now met up with this accomplice as the next phase in this sick game they are playing which is how they are managing to evade LE? I don’t think they are smart enough or lucky enough to be getting away with this on their own still. I’m starting to wonder if all the sightings, surveillance videos, and fire setting has been an intentional ploy to lead LE a certain way so they can believe they are a step ahead of them? Just some thoughts. It’s all so unsettling.

The map is large and I didn't mark it up, yet.

Most logical northern route:
Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Spirit River, High Prairie, Slave Lake, Athabasca, Lac La Biche, Cold Lake, Meadow Lake.

Twisted route to visit Lucas Fowler ranch, and pick-up Grand Prairie teen, if we want ...
Chetwynd, Hudson's Hope, Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Grand Prairie, Valleyview, High Prairie, and then same as above.
Ok now I get it...

Last edited:
Park gates. You have to pay. Licence plates likely to be photographed, RCMP in the townsite, steep climbs and descents with lots of tourists in rental RVs, tour buses, etc. The north route is the preferred one.
I agree the northern route seems more likely based on known routes so far. And yes to all these points during the day. On the other hand, you can pass through quite quickly with little traffic in the middle of the night when toll booths are closed.

Last edited:
yeah sorry i didn't see the other comment re: dynamic ip
sorry to burst your bubble, its not the way it works, i'll explain it like this the tower is just the first hop, trying to isolate that traffic without knowing something more specific would be near impossible
and PaulR is right you'd never get a warrant to search the entire towers logs for privacy reasons
i know some other ways to track the phone but i am not comfortable sharing those in this forum due to it might compromise the investigation but some toonls exist to target a specific phone but you need to be close within a 1km

I am referring to their computer tower (it was not a laptop, it was a tower). Not the phone tower. Phone towers do not have IP addresses and are not devices on a network.

It's interesting that warrants cannot be issued for all pings to a tower near a crime scene. In the case of Kenzie Lueck, police were able to get a warrant for pings at the same position where her phone last pinged, which is what them straight to the killer's house.

I think getting big swaths of cell data for a tower is fairly common (not "all logs," that would be virtually impossible).

I wasn't talking about tracking tower data, I'm talking tracking the data that's on the burned computer.

Is it possible there is a third person/accomplice who is “master-minding” this whole sick ordeal? Like giving KM and BS instructions/missions like where to go and what to do next? I’m just thinking of the gaming aspect and the whole thing seems so random and sporadic for them to just come up with on their own. Maybe they have now met up with this accomplice as the next phase in this sick game they are playing which is how they are managing to evade LE? I don’t think they are smart enough or lucky enough to be getting away with this on their own still. I’m starting to wonder if all the sightings, surveillance videos, and fire setting has been an intentional ploy to lead LE a certain way so they can believe they are a step ahead of them? Just some thoughts. It’s all so unsettling.
I suppose possible but that seems very improbable. They are still on the loose likely because of luck. And I mean... the search area is HUGE no matter how skilled the searchers

This article below was probably already linked but in case it went without notice, it’s not true that the burning RAV4 wasn’t known by the RCMP until the following day.

What we don’t know is when did the RCMP connect the pair to the RAV4. It was obviously prior to the media release on Tuesday and after the two were spotted in Meadow Lake, Sask. I admit I’m curious about the timeline because it’s 14 hours straight driving time between Meadow Lake and Gillam. The SUV was burned how late the evening because the Co-op only opens at 8am.

BBM

When Beardy saw thick, black smoke that evening, he couldn't have guessed the charred ride represented a significant clue in the hunt for two suspects that's sent fear rippling through the region.

He is spooked by the thought that fugitives suspected of killing three people would have been close to him.

"We sat here for, like, 45 minutes before anyone got here. They could have been sitting in the bush watching us," Beardy said Thursday.

Even if they just came out of the bush … we would have probably just helped them out, because it's just pretty much the way we all are around here."

Beardy and his family were the first people to find the burning SUV linked to McLeod and Schmegelsky. He reported it to RCMP, and then Manitoba conservation officers once they became concerned the fire would spread.

"It was, like, big flames," he said. "They were just about reaching the wires."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fox-lake-nightly-community-patrol-fugitives-1.5225799

I am referring to their computer tower (it was not a laptop, it was a tower). Not the phone tower. Phone towers do not have IP addresses and are not devices on a network.

It's interesting that warrants cannot be issued for all pings to a tower near a crime scene. In the case of Kenzie Lueck, police were able to get a warrant for pings at the same position where her phone last pinged, which is what them straight to the killer's house.

I think getting big swaths of cell data for a tower is fairly common (not "all logs," that would be virtually impossible).

I was talking about tracking tower data, I'm talking tracking the data that's on the burned computer.

after that hot of a fire I doubt anything can be learned from or about that computer tower.

For all we know, that bearded man had a run in with K&B and was warning the couple. Sure wish they'd find the bearded guy, curious what the interaction was about.
RCMP almost certainly talked to all owners of Jeep Cherokee older model with stripe, and silently dropped the request for him to contact them. We don't need to know him, unless he voluntarily speaks to media.

i guess i’m wondering specifically if you could carry an intact shotgun (no sawed off ) in a standard backpack. i googled and it said average shotguns are 48 inches long so that seems very long to fit in a backpack.
You can get shotguns that are 27” long, fully assembled. I doubt that is what they have as it would leave a wound that the medic who secured the van crime scene would have noticed.

I wasn't talking about tracking tower data, I'm talking tracking the data that's on the burned computer.

after that hot of a fire I doubt anything can be learned from or about that computer tower.

it depends, what accelerant was used and how hot it got and where the tower computer was located it just depends but data has been pulled before from burnt hard drives
the hard drive case may have protected the platters inside and its possible to remove just the platters into another hard drive outter casing and try pull data
i wouldn't like your chances but i bet they would at least try it , its about an hour or so procedure to get it transfered and many many more hours tyring to make it work if it ever does

RCMP have very quickly followed their trail, identified their activities and tracked them to Gillam. There's a slim chance that they had a second car before they arrived in Gillam, in which case they are long gone. They had a second car before they torched their camper truck, so maybe they had a second car before they torched the Rav4.

maybe in such a rural area, they found a car with a key in it, but empty and they did not have to kill anyone to drive it (just a thought). another Q: possible that they have a gamer friend in the north that they were meeting?

We will have to wait and see. They can also access the network traffic at the home of each of the two teens. Their gaming trails and chats, etc. Those will be stored elsewhere. Their network provider(s) know their internet history.

Can someone please clarify—where was the bearded man seen with Lucas and Chynna? Was it on the side of the highway? And if so, did the person who saw this note any other vehicle pulled over? The bearded man would have been driving something.

8C0DF144-6D6F-4150-9068-B41AE7605938.jpeg

7:19 a.m. on July 15. Deese and Fowler discovered

? Am july 18 McLeod and Schmegelsky stop at the Cassiar Mountain Jade Store for free coffee

Thats not even a 5 hour drive. What were they doing for 3 days

Especially since right after they drove as much as 36 hour in 3 days

We will have to wait and see. They can also access the network traffic at the home of each of the two teens. Their gaming trails and chats, etc. Those will be stored elsewhere. Their network provider(s) know their internet history.

Retention policies across the board have tightened up due to GDPR since it impacts EU citizens who can live anywhere.

7:19 a.m. on July 15. Deese and Fowler discovered

? Am july 18 McLeod and Schmegelsky stop at the Cassiar Mountain Jade Store for free coffee

Thats not even a 5 hour drive. What were they doing for 3 days
I’ve wondered the same thing since suspecting they were involved in both murder scenes. I don’t think we have any information on that time period. I’m also curious if the third scene police searched closest to Dease Lake (after burning truck and deceased LD) is related to LD murder or something else.

JMO, they could hide much easier in a BIG city right out in the open, in big cities stealing a vehicle would be easier, many vehicles available in a city. Much easier to blend in in a city.
In the area they were last seen in, they would stand out. Small town folks pay attention to any newcomers to their area. They live in remote parts, they watch out for each other, the closest police are often several hours away.
Cities have cell service and stores where they could buy hair dye and different clothes...if they have cash?
If they are no longer in Gillam they could be in downtown Toronto by now?? JMO

If they wanted to hide in a big city they weren’t far from Vancouver, without leaving BC.

They chose to travel the remote north for a reason IMO and that’s because they thought they’d wouldn’t be recognized.

I don’t think they’d have a first inkling of coping in a large city probably without cash and unable to use their ID. Where would they go? Living out their lives as fugitives in a homeless shelter? The inability to disclose their identity would create immediate suspicion IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member