CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they actually intended on playing games while on the road or they wanted to sell it for cash. McDonald's has free WiFi everywhere.

I'm not sure how many desktops have Wifi built in, though you can buy a fob, but I don't think I've ever seen someone bring in a desktop (and monitor, and keyboard, and mouse...) into a McDonalds. People who want to game on-the-go buy gaming laptops. I have one.

Also the lag using cheap public Wifi like McDonalds won't be acceptable for a serious gamer. It's basically not going to be playable.

If there was a checkpoint on the TransCanada Highway at the Manitoba-Ontario border, it would be news and widely reported.

As two of us who are familiar with that area have pointed out, if these guys got to the border area the smart thing would have been to steal a canoe or two and head out Lake of the Woods. It is vast, has 14,500 islands, many vacant cabins and straddles the Canada-US border.

I spent teenage summers at Lake of the Woods. With a canoe and minimal gear, it would be a great place to hide, including through the fall and winter. The fact that it straddles the Canada-US border would also be attractive.

Well, Port Alberni is on the water, and if anyone knew how to use boats, it would be kids who grew up on the water. I don't know about gamers wanting to actually put in the hard work of paddling a canoe. Maybe an outboard motor with a stash of cottagers' fuel would be more their style. Noisy, but less effort.

By the time police found the burned RAV they were long gone headed south, the only place with roads. All gas stations have cameras these days, they won't go far without gas, the only real way out is to hijack another car, each full tank is about 350 miles.

You're right to say that they would need gas, even if they totally lucked out and stole an unattended vehicle with a full tank. Don't you think that the RCMP would have set out every local officer to check every gas station within 350m/550kms?

Last edited:
I dont know anything about 'steam' or 'rust' or online video games but I'm sure someone monitors new accounts and such.
If these guys did manage to find a way to the internet somehow they surely wouldnt log into their existing accounts, they'd likely create new ones.
I wonder how many new accounts get created a day for these things and if the person that monitors new accounts can track where the accounts are being opened.
I personally believe if they're not already dead that they've found their way into a home.

Not sure what the internet speeds are like over there but I would have thought there'd be no hope in hell of online gaming using public wifi.

Perhaps if they knew they were going to be hiding out (and I don't think burning the car was planned) they took the computer thinking they might get the chance to use it. The other possibility is one of them was very attached to their PC and couldn't bare to part with it.

Likely no public WiFi at the camps and especially not up north but definitely at McDonald's. I mean, there might be a few public WiFi's but I doubt it. I travel from BC to Sask often and I rarely see advertised WiFi at our campsites and definitely not at the free ones.

So...how much information would BS/KM likely have, on the fly? I am assuming that unless they are holed up somewhere, they have no TV. Unless they had money for a data plan on a burner phone (which some say is unlikely in Canada), they aren't reading news about themselves or seeing their pictures, right?

What's the probability of them even having a paper map? When they see a lake or a river, do they even have an idea of how big it is or whether it has islands, etc?

They can glance at newspapers in towns and see their own faces, of course, or they can go to libraries (unlikely? how would they even find libraries without being really obvious?) Presuming that they've both changed their appearance significantly, even so, if they go together anywhere, they'll be very noticeable. Small towns know who is an outsider.

I keep wondering if they are both still alive.

RE computer
Agree with factfinder 3000 who said
"Bringing the computer wouldn't be odd at all if they were looking for work. I wouldn't even think it was odd to take it camping. When their adventure turned into something different, they got rid of it. Seems clear cut."

Just want to add in that if you never thought they were looking for work at all and had some idea what they would do, it would still make sense to take the whole tower so family wouldnt be suspicious why hardcore gamer leaves a prized possession behind when leaving town for long period.
Also I mean, they are teenagers who love gaming and internet culture, maybe they didnt really think about it much. beyond wanting to be able to use it if/when they got somewhere with net. someone above said "The other possibility is one of them was very attached to their PC and couldn't bare to part with it."

RE timeline/ satchie comment
hmm thanks for pointing that out, I was one of the folks thinking perhaps burning the car and murder LD was a panic to being in the media.
Could still be that, even if they werent in the media theyd have to assume or at least worry they would be

Well, Port Alberni is on the water, and if anyone knew how to use boats, it would be kids who grew up on the water. I don't know about gamers wanting to actually put in the hard work of paddling a canoe. Maybe an outboard motor with a stash of cottagers' fuel would be more their style. Noisy, but less effort.

The reason for stealing a canoe, or two of them, is of course precisely because a canoe doesn’t need fuel :)

I'm not sure how many desktops have Wifi built in, though you can buy a fob, but I don't think I've ever seen someone bring in a desktop (and monitor, and keyboard, and mouse...) into a McDonalds. People who want to game on-the-go buy gaming laptops. I have one.

Also the lag using cheap public Wifi like McDonalds won't be acceptable for a serious gamer. It's basically not going to be playable.
Im a mom of two teenage gamers..the lag it real! Haha

I don't think they were ever sincere about "work". What are they going to do in the Yukon? Live in a roughabout camp and cut trees? They'd be so far from the things they love - their computer games and their dark web. They'd be called out in a day by the other guys who need to work. The five weeks at Walmart were only to set up an excuse, and likely pilfer stuff from Walmart for their upcoming Big Trip, and to get gramma or someone to lend them the pickup and camper to get going.

We've calculated they both probably took home ~$875Canadian for there Walmart stint, so it's not like they could buy anything with that. They probably used that all up on burner phones, a weapon and ammo, maybe some fake ID's.

And it's not as if they're going to walk into the Winnipeg RCMP office and declare they've seen the error of their ways.

They knew when they started that there was going to be no going back. And there is no going back now.

Agreed, and unless they had a swack of money when they first set out, there is no way they could sustain themselves for too long. Might very well be deceased somewhere in a bush (self-inflicted perhaps).

I agree, why lug a tower computer- instead of either laptop or their phones- or tablet- his father had paid his son with a custom made computer instead of paying him cash when he helped him on construction one summer
so that computer was a gaming unit most likely water cooled etc
I
Bringing the computer wouldn't be odd at all if they were looking for work. I wouldn't even think it was odd to take it camping.

When their adventure turned into something different, they got rid of it. Seems clear cut.
I'm with you on this. I believe they did intend to look for work and live someplace else. I don't believe they left intending to commit murder. Just my opinion.

I have a dongle for my desktop PC. If they had a camper with power they could just play in the parking lot. The signal is also strong enough for online gaming and especially for a game like Rust that doesn't rely on a strong ping. Trust me, I've done it, lol (just never played Rust).

I dont know anything about 'steam' or 'rust' or online video games but I'm sure someone monitors new accounts and such.
If these guys did manage to find a way to the internet somehow they surely wouldnt log into their existing accounts, they'd likely create new ones.
I wonder how many new accounts get created a day for these things and if the person that monitors new accounts can track where the accounts are being opened.
I personally believe if they're not already dead that they've found their way into a home.

Steam has >90 million active users each month, Rust itself has really taken off recently. According to the store page, recent reviews of the game (which tend to trend with sales) show 14.5K new reviews in June and 18K new reviews in July. SteamSpy estimates 5-10M owners.

I found a topographical pic of Gilliam on an online newspaper and seen this image/symbol up in the upper left corner. Look up "circle with x" on google. Interesting. I tried to link the page here but it went funny and gave a WS something error. Might not mean anything but still odd JMO
Medicine wheel? Aboriginal symbol What is an Aboriginal medicine wheel?
There's one near my sister's place, though that one has more spokes Medicine wheel - Wikipedia

I

I'm with you on this. I believe they did intend to look for work and live someplace else. I don't believe they left intending to commit murder. Just my opinion.

Yeah Im leaning on botched robbery or perhaps even impulsive thrill kill. BS at the least seems inclined in that direction. Then because of their outlook, beliefs, age, etc, were able to "run with it" to some degree, so to speak. But not a lot about this is saying "pre-planned spree" to me atm. Who knows though we're not working with alot of info

The reason for stealing a canoe, or two of them, is of course precisely because a canoe doesn’t need fuel :)

I realize this. But I don't think those two beanpoles, possibly dehydrated and starving, would be up to paddling a canoe. They don't look like the voyageur type. And gaming doesn't develop upper arm strength.

Maybe this is possible after they've rested, rehydrated and bulked up on canned beans in someone's cabin.

The wifi extends into the parking lot. I've used it many times in the parking lot.

And it's not "cheap wifi." It's just wifi, the same as anyone has in their home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member