CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where the rav was found. I think this also serves to illustrate how huge this search area is, how much of a needle in a haystack it really must be. Again, its easy to think the rav was right outside gilliam but it was actually an almost hours drive away.

Whoops, cut off gilliam in that one, not very useful like that is it, my bad, heres a better one

Attachments

• whoops.png
    whoops.png
    926.2 KB · Views: 39
The admission of guilt. The forms that it takes and how far you can run with it... They are "in" the game now with their own live stream. While suicide may be an option for them I doubt it's how they think the game should end.
I agree, this has become "THEIR GAME" - they have trained for hours via the game and now are putting their acquired expertise to work.
it is a game- they own it- they will win it or lose

If the twosome have cash and did in fact leave Gillam, thinking they might try to go to a movie theater where they can sit on comfy seats in the dark, use the bathroom to wash up and get some food.
Maybe a theater showing pokemon or anime films, perhaps a *advertiser censored* flick, nobody will make eye contact there, unless they are trying to pick them up....
imo, speculation.

They are few and far between in rural Manitoba. If you're an exhibitor, it's difficult to make a business case for opening a theatre in a sparsely populated area. That said, a map shows there's one in Thompson. After that, I think you'd have to go all the way down to Gimli, home of Crown Royal rye whisky.

sillybilly said its at the start of the thread along with the "what we know" articles

if its not i guess we could find one for you

EAZ61SlUwAIWJSS

Bringing forward from earlier thread. TY Tarika

Time line I posted yesterday

Police search B.C. homes of teens wanted in nationwide manhunt | The Star

Key moments in the manhunt for two suspected B.C. killers

Three grisly killings in northern B.C. have led to a nationwide search for two young men suspected in their deaths.

Friday, July 12

- Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, leave their home town of Port Alberni, B.C., with a plan to look for work in Whitehorse, according to media reports quoting Schmegelsky’s grandmother.

Saturday, July 13

- Video shows Australian Lucas Fowler, 23, and American Chynna Deese, 24, stopping at a gas station in Fort Nelson, B.C. They arrive in Fowler’s blue 1986 Chevrolet van at 7:30 p.m. and depart at 7:47 p.m.

Sunday, July 14

- According to media reports, Fowler and Deese are spotted on the side of the road with a broken-down van. Witnesses report seeing a man speaking with Fowler on Highway 97 in the evening. He is described as Caucasian with darker skin and dark hair, possibly with a beard and/or glasses.

Monday, July 15

- B.C. RCMP find Fowler and Deese’s bodies near their van along the Alaska Highway about 20 km south of Liard Hot Springs, near the B.C.-Yukon boundary.

Thursday, July 18

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are spotted in Dease Lake at about 3:15 p.m. They are driving a red and grey Dodge pickup truck with a sleeping camper.

Friday, July 19

- RCMP confirm they are investigating Fowler and Deese's deaths as a double homicide. Fowler’s father, an Australian police investigator, says the family is headed to B.C. to bring his son’s body home.

- RCMP respond to a call about a truck on fire on Highway 37 — seven-hours away from the double homicide and 50 kms south of Dease Lake. Police find an unidentified man’s body two kms from the burned vehicle.

Saturday, July 20

- RCMP say there is no indication the third body is connected to the deaths of Fowler and Deese.

Sunday, July 21

- RCMP say the burning truck was the same one last seen being driven by McLeod and Schmegelsky, who they describe as missing.

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV4 in the northern Saskatchewan town of Meadow Lake, about 300 km northwest of Saskatoon.

Monday, July 22

- RCMP confirm that Fowler and Deese were shot to death and release a sketch of the man police said spoke to Fowler on July 14.

- A burned-out vehicle is reported in the area of Gillam, a tiny northern Manitoba town about 1,000 km northeast of Winnipeg.

Tuesday, July 23

- RCMP say McLeod and Schmegelsky are now considered suspects in the deaths of Fowler, Deese and the third unidentified victim. Mounties launch a nationwide manhunt for the pair, saying they are “considered dangerous.”

- There is a possible sighting of the two in the Gillam area, according to RCMP.

Wednesday, July 24

- RCMP confirm the burned-out vehicle found in Gillam Monday was the Toyota RAV4 McLeod and Schmegelsky had been seen driving. Mounties say they’ve set up a check stop on the road leading into the town.

- Schmegelsky’s father says he believes his son will not survive a potential confrontation with police. McLeod’s father releases a statement describing his son as kind and considerate.

- The third victim is identified as Len Dyck of Vancouver. His family issues a statement describing him as a loving husband and father. Mounties charge McLeod and Schmegelsky with second-degree murder in connection to Dyck’s death.

Thursday, July 25

- Gillam residents say they are on edge as RCMP search their town, with one saying people are “sleeping with their guns close.” RCMP say there were two confirmed sightings of the suspects in the town and they believe McLeod and Schmegelsky are still in or near the area.

Gamo Luxor Cu™ Hunting Pellet - .177 Caliber Airgun Pellet | Walmart Canada

I'm thinking of the small wound described by the highway worker in B.C.

Reading the literature on this (Google homicide with pellet gun), this would be incredibly rare.

Most air rifles require you to *advertiser censored* the gun in between shots, and insert a pellet each time.

Shots would have to be directed towards the eye, or the soft part of the head.

In one case the shots were “piggybacked,” in that two were directed at the exact same spot.

To kill two people with a weapon like this would be exceedingly difficult.

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell thats what happened here.

I think the only way these guys would kill themselves is with an audience or in a place where they get extra points for doing so.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they end up walking into their homes one last time. I really think they torched that RAV 4 on their way out of Gillam. They were already long gone when the car was spotted.

Them being currently untraceable could be the time they need to cool down for their next showdown. But I believe they are always moving. If they are swapping vehicles and killing people along the way it is only collateral damage for their main goal (whatever that may be).

I’ve considered this as well. I’m just not so sure that after all this, they would go into the bush to die and possibly not be found for a long time if ever. Doesn’t seem like their style, but MOO

I think some people are not understanding what very remote communities mean. Access to movie theaters and campgrounds with lockers are not common up in the remote areas of northern canada. McDonald's wifi ...not sure how many McDonalds are in northern canada (roads they traveled) but im going to guess 2 at the most. When they say one road in and one road out it means exactly that, the road in and out is not a highway. Some people in nothern areas dont have power, cabins up there would also not have running water nevermind security surveillance with the needed wifi to remotely view. Just saying....

Yes, that's true. It's not like the strips of fast-food restaurants and other facilities that sit alongside US interstates.

Key moments in the manhunt for two suspected B.C. killers

Friday, July 12

- Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, leave their home town of Port Alberni, B.C., with a plan to look for work in Whitehorse, according to media reports quoting Schmegelsky’s grandmother.

Saturday, July 13

- Video shows Australian Lucas Fowler, 23, and American Chynna Deese, 24, stopping at a gas station in Fort Nelson, B.C. They arrive in Fowler’s blue 1986 Chevrolet van at 7:30 p.m. and depart at 7:47 p.m.

Sunday, July 14

- According to media reports, Fowler and Deese are spotted on the side of the road with a broken-down van. Witnesses report seeing a man speaking with Fowler on Highway 97 in the evening. He is described as Caucasian with darker skin and dark hair, possibly with a beard and/or glasses.

Monday, July 15

- B.C. RCMP find Fowler and Deese’s bodies near their van along the Alaska Highway about 20 km south of Liard Hot Springs, near the B.C.-Yukon boundary.

Thursday, July 18

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are spotted in Dease Lake at about 3:15 p.m. They are driving a red and grey Dodge pickup truck with a sleeping camper.

Friday, July 19

- RCMP confirm they are investigating Fowler and Deese's deaths as a double homicide. Fowler’s father, an Australian police investigator, says the family is headed to B.C. to bring his son’s body home.

- RCMP respond to a call about a truck on fire on Highway 37 — seven-hours away from the double homicide and 50 kms south of Dease Lake. Police find an unidentified man’s body two kms from the burned vehicle.

Saturday, July 20

- RCMP say there is no indication the third body is connected to the deaths of Fowler and Deese.

Sunday, July 21

- RCMP say the burning truck was the same one last seen being driven by McLeod and Schmegelsky, who they describe as missing.

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV4 in the northern Saskatchewan town of Meadow Lake, about 300 km northwest of Saskatoon.

Monday, July 22

- RCMP confirm that Fowler and Deese were shot to death and release a sketch of the man police said spoke to Fowler on July 14.

- A burned-out vehicle is reported in the area of Gillam, a tiny northern Manitoba town about 1,000 km northeast of Winnipeg.

Tuesday, July 23

- RCMP say McLeod and Schmegelsky are now considered suspects in the deaths of Fowler, Deese and the third unidentified victim. Mounties launch a nationwide manhunt for the pair, saying they are “considered dangerous.”

- There is a possible sighting of the two in the Gillam area, according to RCMP.

Wednesday, July 24

- RCMP confirm the burned-out vehicle found in Gillam Monday was the Toyota RAV4 McLeod and Schmegelsky had been seen driving. Mounties say they’ve set up a check stop on the road leading into the town.

- Schmegelsky’s father says he believes his son will not survive a potential confrontation with police. McLeod’s father releases a statement describing his son as kind and considerate.

- The third victim is identified as Len Dyck of Vancouver. His family issues a statement describing him as a loving husband and father. Mounties charge McLeod and Schmegelsky with second-degree murder in connection to Dyck’s death.

Thursday, July 25

- Gillam residents say they are on edge as RCMP search their town, with one saying people are “sleeping with their guns close.” RCMP say there were two confirmed sightings of the suspects in the town and they believe McLeod and Schmegelsky are still in or near the area.

Police search B.C. homes of teens wanted in nationwide manhunt | The Star
Ty Seattle1

Gamo Luxor Cu™ Hunting Pellet - .177 Caliber Airgun Pellet | Walmart Canada

I'm thinking of the small wound described by the highway worker in B.C.
I think the chance of this is negligible. I'm familiar with those pellet guns (or I was a decade ago) and I just cant imagine killing anything bigger than squirrel with those. Hitting a person with one of those would be more like an annoyance than a lethal wound, unless the shot got REALLY lucky and hit the eye or important vein or something.
killing one person with it would be an incredible stroke of luck, killing 2 is basically outside the realms of possibility unless the victims were already incapacitated in some way. even then seems dicey.

Also know people been shot with the 'regular' pellets. Bullet (pellet) shape matters of course but similar amount of force involved and they just shrugged it off. Kids in my town used to go play 'war' with those instead of airsoft, shooting at each other on purpose and hitting often. one close call and they started wearing goggles but no lasting injuries for anyone. Similar to getting hit with a paintball. Something kids willingly subject themselves to doesnt seem liek a great murder weapon imho

Last edited:
It is an article published by a highly reputable newspaper based on an interview carried out with parental consent. There is no basis whatever for characterizing it as a “throwaway comment”.
The newspaper reported what a peer apparently observed. We do not know if he or she actually observed that. Based on this purported observation, a lot of people are assuming BS regularly used, which is not necessarily the case.

They wanted to be seen. Either for their egos or their plan. MOO
yes, i feel that entire store event was their planned strategy-
they knew that footage would be the one le and public would see-
that is why they wore clothes that were noticeable and their appearance was not altered.
let the public think of them like the characters in the stores video​

Do you have a link to the actual police report that says this? All I’ve seen is media reports, but I’m thinking they lumped the three victims together just for ease of their article. The reporting and consistency on the entire story has been more than a little sloppy at times.
You may be correct, I am not able to locate a Canadian link to verify this information, at present the only link I find is from the Australian news outlet. Maybe I was to quick to believe this detail, I will continue looking for something from a Canadian source. There has been some sloppy reporting and so much of it is diffucult to sort through.

Third Canada highway victim identified

The newspaper reported what a peer apparently observed. We do not know if he or she actually observed that. Based on this purported observation, a lot of people are assuming BS regularly used, which is not necessarily the case.

Good Lord, it is a first person account in the country’s most important English language newspaper by someone who was present. If you want to try to discount that by calling it “apparent”, go ahead :)

I have yet to see a single post, let alone “a lot”, in which people assume that Schmegelsky was regularly using Ritalin. I have seen posts saying that this raises the possibility that he was prescribed it, or was purchasing it on the street, and may have been using it during this episode. That is not the same thing, and the newspaper report does indeed raise those questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t read anything to say that the armed man who crossed from the US into Manitoba June 24th, and who is wanted for murder in Texas has been located. Maybe with all the increased search teams out for KM and BS, he will be found also.

I wonder if they might have shoplifted hair dye, which is why there is a belief they may have changed their appearance.
although a good point, the problem is...
they have dark hair- to go blonde would take a long time and need some sort of knowledge of how to go from dark to blonde.
most people trying this go to orange hair not realizing how difficult it is to strip your hair of colour.
furthermore, they would need an area with water etc
- my last point would be to say
two tall thin newly blond-haired men would stand out
IF they have acquired a place to stay- or someone is helping them.
To dye their hair might seem plausible.
Then they could shave their beard- and head- or shave their hair down to a shorter cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat