CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can sometimes attribute too much intelligence to criminals. I believe that's because they're egregiously transgressive, and we struggle to understand such horrific behavior. What they do is unfathomable, and we sometimes incorrectly perceive depth among the shallows. It's well documented that criminals, especially violent ones, tend to have lower intelligence than the general population, but popular mythology, including Hollywood product, peddles the fiction that they're masterminds. If their minds are different, it might be because they are more primal rather than deeper.

I'm not attributing a greater intelligence to them.

cheap, untraceable, can be ‘burned’ (or discarded) after use...popular with criminals, etc.
Urban Dictionary: Burner phone

Even if you can't trace who actually purchased the burner phone, you can determine that a hitherto unknown phone is trying to connect to a particular cell tower. Dead giveaway in remote areas.

Someone up thread mentioned they could have been robbing the van thinking it was empty (that happens ALL the time on the highways here

What if they were robbing the van not realizing Fowler and his girlfriend were just a short distance away, and they found a rifle belonging to Fowler that was stashed in the van. In the meantime while they were rummaging through the van Fowler came up from behind surprising them and that’s when the rear window was blown out, Fowler and Deese were shot/injured which made Fowler and his girlfriend begin running away - resulting in their final positions in the grass to the side of the van.

There’s so many scenarios, but only what happened really matters, unfortunately it’s something that might never be revealed.

Simple. They've been identified and there's a manhunt to find them.

But I think they're fully capable of murdering again.

These are sinister, dangerous dudes. They murdered three people in what I think was an up close and personal way. That's unusual. Compare them with the Boston Bomber or teen mass shooters. Many kill from at least some distance. Not these guys.

I would have thought the killing would go on, perhaps escalated. I am still curious as to why it has stopped. Particularly, since the three known about were done in quite a quick succession.

Two quickly, one a bit later. Certainly, there is a gap between, but this is a big gap, considering all the components.

Totally agree about the shirtfronting aspect to the murders, no standing back behind a tree for these blokes , no, it's eyeball to eyeball, and there has to be a reason for that, as well, as that increases the risk exponentially, to a stretch point almost intolerable, but there you are, that's how they do it.

So there has to be a basis for not murdering now , when there really is nothing more to lose. .. A lack of victims may well be the reason, not unlikely, but they actually went to Gillam, a settlement, where people are.

Of course, there may never be an answers at all. Ever.

They're disposable phones that you can add minutes to. Sort of pay as you go. They usually cost about $30.00 bucks and then the minutes are extra. They add up quickly.

I haven't seen one that can access the internet though.

I have one as a back up phone. it works like any other smart phone, but if you really use it the cost adds up fast.

Even if you can't trace who actually purchased the burner phone, you can determine that a hitherto unknown phone is trying to connect to a particular cell tower. Dead giveaway in remote areas.

Yes. I was meaning where in BC/Canada do people buy cheap cell phones, cheap enough to be considered disposable. They just aren’t cheap.

I would have thought the killing would go on, perhaps escalated. I am still curious as to why it has stopped. Particularly, since the three known about were done in quite a quick succession.

Two quickly, one a bit later. Certainly, there is a gap between, but this is a big gap, considering all the components.

Totally agree about the shirtfronting aspect to the murders, no standing back behind a tree for these blokes , no, it's eyeball to eyeball, and there has to be a reason for that, as well, as that increases the risk exponentially, to a stretch point almost intolerable, but there you are, that's
how they do it.

So there has to be a basis for not murdering now , when there really is nothing more to lose. .. A lack of victims may well be the reason, not unlikely, but they actually went to Gillam, a settlement, where people are.

Of course, there may never be an answers at all. Ever.

It's not as easy to attack an unsuspecting innocent person when there's a manhunt for you.

Everyone knows who these two are now. They know that. They can't go up to someone and pretend they need help or directions so they can look in their eyes as they kill them.

Haha, I’m not trying to advertise for Xplornet. Their customer disservice department is worse than a root canal. And the service can be bad if overloaded, bad weather, misaligned, or poor line of sight. Assuming install was done right, the usual problem is that your beam is overloaded.

The rest of your post is mostly incorrect. Ping on satellite is necessarily higher due to distances involved (typically ~750 ms). This doesn’t affect streaming video, but is noticeable on VOIP. I’m using Xplornet right now (and daily for work including live video feeds, VOIP, etc) much further north than Gillam, MB. Xplornet satellites are all fixed earth orbit; only mobile satellite service switches between different satellites. The dish is aimed at one satellite in the sky and if that satellite moves you have no service.

I am biased because Barrett Xplornet literally murdered my satellite/wireless broadband business many years ago.

Anyway they use geosynchronous satellites, which are essentially at a fixed point in the sky, so your antenna does the occasional movement to lose the link. Heavy rain or snow, flock of geese, etc.

I was told that the hydroelectric projects brought in optical fiber links to nearby cell towers.

UPDATE: The military has now been called in to help search for #PortAlberni murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod in northern #Manitoba.
Quote Tweet

wTrMdTEk_normal.jpeg

Ralph Goodale
@RalphGoodale
· 1h
In the criminal investigation of the two fugitives in northern MB, the RCMP have requested aircraft support from the Cdn Armed Forces. Prompt reply - YES.

Here, in AU, the alternative school thing is , overwhelmingly geared to the misfit, the one who wont go to regular school and can't be trusted to wander the streets at whim and at will. Not that there seems to be any kind of force involved in making the child get off to school, but it does tend to keep some of them occupied.

It is, basically, babysitting for an older crew. That they didn't get along at high school has all the elements to not get along at 'alternative ' school, except , every one isn't 'getting along'
While I gather Port Alberni isn't a big population, it must have a reasonable amount of kids opting out to maintain an alternative school as well as the regular one, is this how it goes?

We have an alternative school in my town, smaller than Port Alberni. There’s maybe 5-6 high school kids a year. They basically show up in the morning, hand in work done (usually at home or anywhere other than school), check their school account on the computer and leave to do whatever they like for the day. For the most part the kids socialize very little with their peers.

One in a t-shirt, and one in a heavy camo jacket... inside pockets for a five finger discount shopping spree. Where are the outside camera shots????? Surely the store has cameras outside too?????
Meadow lake is a small community I was surprised they had cameras in the co-op

This is going back about 5+ years... but in Canada you also had to provide personal details to activate one, like a credit card or other id

Can the dogs be sprayed with Off? Do they have netting for their faces to protect them from the biting critters?

Most SAR dog handlers have concerns about the potential effects that insect sprays and pesticides may have on their dog’s ability to smell. Topical sprays are definitely out. Some dogs might be on an oral pesticide like Advantix, or something similar. It's possible that the SAR dogs have no protection at all.

SAR dogs are tough little heros.

The Canadian military will now be assisting.

The Canadian Armed Forces are approved to join the nationwide manhunt for northern B.C. murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and his friend Kam McLeod, 19.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale tweeted Friday night that investigators have asked for air support from the Canadian Armed Forces.

“In the criminal investigation of the two fugitives in northern MB, the RCMP have requested aircraft support from the Cdn Armed Forces. Prompt reply – YES,” he wrote.

Full article here:
Canadian Forces approved to join air search for B.C. murder suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members