CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tracfone has never ask. I followed the directions. I haven't tried to get around any system or law. I had no idea id was needed until a few min ago. I give the store money and I get my phone or min card. that is it. then I go online and add the min to my phone number. you can add min to any phone number.

that is terrible, granted my experiences in canada are limited but each time i have got my sim from rodgers i had to show ID
no wonders things don't get sorted, my apoligies i thought Canada used the same system several other countries did in regards to prepaid mobile/cells considering

since 9/11 you've had to show ID to purchase prepaid mobile or data kits that involve a mobile/cell phone number
I don't know what Canadian regulations are, but this is simply not true for America. I've purchased numerous prepaid phones over the years--I prefer that to a contract--and have never once had to show ID to do so. I buy them from Wal-Mart, so it's hardly a shady extralegal transaction.

Another day and they’re still on the loose!
Now the military have even been called in. For 2 idiots, this is turning into one expensive operation.
Those 2 clowns must be getting their rocks off with all the publicity that they’re getting. What they don’t realise is that no one will even remember their names next week. Oxygen thieves. Nothing more.

Network for getting the job is likely correct.I've known lots of people who up and left Ontario to go look for work out west, especially in the oil patch. Most of them had absolutely no connections, and never got jobs there, a couple came home, one worked in a hotel in banff, one in calgary, another joined the forces and eventually served in afghanistan, at least two became waitresses. A couple found work in the oilpatch tho, and one in saskatchewan, and made the big bucks. Its the idea of the grass being greener on the other side, not just knowing someone already there.

If KM&BS actually made it anywhere they may have been faced with similar closed doors, and it may have only server to further disillusion them.
It just doesn’t seem like they had time to make it anywhere, looking for a job. I wonder if the ‘job hunt’ was just a ruse to explain their absence to their parents...

wow y'all were right.
international media on this is bad but the stuff from Australia is particularly awful.
one of them is using the "this isnt the right guy" photo as their header, and actual photos of the suspects nested down in the article.

press is sensationalist where I live so I cant really say much but, dang au what gives

When you measure their height against the doorway, to me they do appear the same height and build ..... what am I missing?

I agree. They do appear about the same height. One thing I noticed. Another poster mentioned that they did not appear to purchase anything. Perhaps not, but as someone who has worked retail for many years, I have a hunch that BS had just shoplifted something immediately before coming into camera view, as he is already fiddling with his shirt buttons when we first see him, quite likely, imo, buttoning his shirt back after slipping something inside. Absolutely no clue what it may have been, however. JMO

Another day and they’re still on the loose!
Now the military have even been called in. For 2 idiots, this is turning into one expensive operation.
Those 2 clowns must be getting their rocks off with all the publicity that they’re getting. What they don’t realise is that no one will even remember their names next week. Oxygen thieves. Nothing more.
And dangerous, the last SAR I was on looking for crashed helicopter we ended up losing one of our own helicopters.

Gillam is even more isolated than that place was

I don't know what Canadian regulations are, but this is simply not true for America. I've purchased numerous prepaid phones over the years--I prefer that to a contract--and have never once had to show ID to do so. I buy them from Wal-Mart, so it's hardly a shady extralegal transaction.

In my distant past, I sold cellphone plans and minute cards. We were not asked to collect id for the minutes. It could be that my stores didn't feel it was necessary or maybe the rules have been locked down since. Just sharing that it wasn't a thing (at least in the 3 rogers stores that I worked in) at least from roughly 2003 till 2008ish.

Do we know if they were murdered at night or when it was dark out though? As I understood, they had been picnicing beside their broken down van on the side of the road, waiting for the engine to unflood, and told a couple that stopped to help exactly that and were found deceased by someone else not too long after. Just wondering if someone can clarify, I was under the impression it was daytime.
A road worker saw them alive at 11:30 pm. It would be getting dark then, though not very dark at this latitude and time of year. They were discovered dead and cold early in the morning (all discussed and backed up with news articles by others much earlier in threads). These facts suggest they were murdered sometime around as dark as it was going to get and in a timeframe where they would likely be sleeping.

Just to be clear, direct from RCMP, the Meadow Lake video is dated July 21 -- and zero evidence it's spliced, diced, or presenting anyway but as it exists.

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
This video was obtained in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, on July 21, 2019. We are releasing this video as it may generate additional tips or sightings.

2:46 PM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

In my distant past, I sold cellphone plans and minute cards. We were not asked to collect id for the minutes. It could be that my stores didn't feel it was necessary or maybe the rules have been locked down since. Just sharing that it wasn't a thing (at least in the 3 rogers stores that I worked in) at least from roughly 2003 till 2008ish.
Thank you--that's helpful! I've purchased them a few times from 2007 to 2018. Last year, I just ordered mine online directly from the company.

It has certainly occurred to me in the past that someone could use fake information to set up the phone.

wow y'all were right.
international media on this is bad but the stuff from Australia is particularly awful.
one of them is using the "this isnt the right guy" photo as their header, and actual photos of the suspects nested down in the article.

press is sensationalist where I live so I cant really say much but, dang au what gives

70% of the Australian press is Murdoch. It's all trash and their online portal news.com.au does its best to be a daily mail clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver