CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to have a sort of Dellen Millard/Mark Smich thing going on. Kam coming from a well to do family and Bryer from, well,.... Bryer always at Kams house and never the other way around. Both discovering shared interests in things normal people don't have an interest in. Kam is the leader and Bryer his willing minion.

If they are heading towards the 3 hydro dams, thus trying to fulfil a Lanius Fallout game fantasy, then Kam is Ceasar and Bryer is Lanius(hence his dorky looking camo wear).

However, I could be totally off base with this.
There are some similarities as I followed that case on WS but Dellen and Smich were the most sick $$$$$ I have recently heard of in Canada.

Last edited:
There’s nothing to say that they even have one rifle, except maybe a BB gun from Walmart. They’ve been charged with second degree murder of LD, but the police have not specified (publicly) the cause of death as being shot. They are only suspects in the Fowler and Deese but not charged. The police say they are armed and dangerous which could be referring to their knowledge that one of them has a knife.

Thank you. While one person is telling media (is it via twitter?) that they saw a bullet in the botanist, LE has not confirmed.

Which leaves me wondering what, aside from overall trajectory of travel, links 3 crimes with Kam and Byer. There is a lot violent crime along that highway out of British Columbia. At least, there are other crimes up that way.

If they spent the last five days in the woods without proper shelter and the right clothes, they are dead or will be by morning. It’s been cold at night, there’s been rain and that isn’t survivable for a person who isn’t dressed for it.

If they managed to get south to anything resembling an urban area, it’s very odd that they haven’t been sighted.

No doubt the police have the number of every stolen car in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, and are on the lookout.

If they made it to somewhere like Lake of the Woods and got their hands on a canoe, good luck finding them among the 14,500 islands.

I called non-emergency OPP line, gave all the info, descriptions, etc heard lots of typing, person kept trying to get me to give actual address of where I saw the people sitting in the shade the first pass by but I couldn't and said I could point property out and then got transferred to local LE. I didn't speak directly with an officer, think it was switchboard/dispatch who took info and said I may hear from an officer. I told person that I highly doubted it was them based on the manhunt being in Manitoba but at the same time both taller guys were in pants, dark clothing, short dark hair and both times I saw them they kept their heads down or turned away. There was a third person with them. I drive that route weekly and have never seen hitchhikers or people sitting on someone's front lawn. Haven't heard back from an officer if that's any indication of their interest. I am in an area with a major HWY (401) very close. Hopefully other people call in (lots of traffic on road that day) if they saw them sitting or hitchhiking or even if they picked them up. I hope it was just some local teens but it's bugged me for 2 days and stuff like that doesn't usually nag at me.
I'd feel awful if we find out they did make it to Southern Ontario and I didn't say anything.

There a few rumour posts about sightings in southern Ontario, so it might not be as far fetched as you think.

I've said this all along, they reminded me of Millard and Smich. Thrill killing, even down to playing on Steam. Unlikely, but I wonder if they ever played on the same games together.

The difference between the two, is that Millard and Smich killed in separate events.

They also planned their crimes.

These two have killed people on separate occasions, but it’s basically part of the same (extended) event.

Both murderers, but different psychologically.

I see the former as serial killer types, and the latter as spree killers.

One group planned to get away with it. The other doesn’t.

Sorry of I've missed it but what was LD doing on that road?
How did the boys get this gun?
Was it LDs gun? Was LD a hunter?

Could the boys have accidentally hit LD and dragged his body before they realized?

Again, I apologize. I cannot wrap my head around this!
Maybe it's the 'mom of teens' in me that wants to believe this was never their first intention.

He was a botanist and loved exploring. There’s no mention at all of a gun involved with LD.

If they spent the last five days in the woods without proper shelter and the right clothes, they are dead or will be by morning. It’s been cold at night, there’s been rain and that isn’t survivable for a person who isn’t dressed for it.

If they managed to get south to anything resembling an urban area, it’s very odd that they haven’t been sighted.

No doubt the police have the number of every stolen car in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, and are on the lookout.

If they made it to somewhere like Lake of the Woods and got their hands on a canoe, good luck finding them among the 14,500 islands.
So true...I went on a supervised four day fast in the wilderness a few years back - no water or food and stayed in a lean-to by myself although others were in their own lean-to. The temp was hitting 40C in the day. On the fourth day I was feeling sick. One woman had to go to the hospital and three men broke the fast due to illness. So if these murderers are in the bush...

Last edited:
Any update on Derek Whisenand? Keep searching and am finding zero. Really wonder if he is tied to Deese/Fowler? RCMP have been quite cagey IMO about even discussing Whisenand.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/texas...ould-be-linked-to-murder-of-couple-in-canada/

I was thinking if anything is possible that maybe DW is linked to the missing woman Mary Byman, 84, out of Menisino which is awfully close to the US border so maybe he is making his way back to the states. Or he crossed into Ontario. Is there any chance these guys are connected from the gaming world? Trying my best not to share wild theories but why not?! Timeline and travel speed and making their way out of Canada or into Ontario.. anything is possible.

They seem to have a sort of Dellen Millard/Mark Smich thing going on. Kam coming from a well to do family and Bryer from, well,.... Bryer always at Kams house and never the other way around. Both discovering shared interests in things normal people don't have an interest in. Kam is the leader and Bryer his willing minion.

If they are heading towards the 3 hydro dams, thus trying to fulfil a Lanius Fallout game fantasy, then Kam is Ceasar and Bryer is Lanius(hence his dorky looking camo wear).

However, I could be totally off base with this.
Just might make sense to them and that is what makes it an interesting thought IMO!

Does anyone know what the security setup is around the hydro dams? Are the hydro dams owned by the State or are they private? Are the hydro dams deemed security risks and so are protected by military or special security? Don't know Canada but I know in other countries these types of facilities are sometimes deemed strategic and have special security, sometimes provided the State/Country.

How would they have gotten to the hydro dams? By vehicle or water? Or, could they have asked a worker heading in to simply give them a ride?

A harsh call, and would be the first time in history that the NSW were at odds with the RCMP. .. Way back in 2010, when Gittany murdered a Canadian girl in Sydney, not far from where I live, a horrible , horrible event, the RCMP and the NSW police worked in the smoothest harmony and professional expertise. It was /is the usual thing.. …

This was probably the kind of mixup that can happen over two different time zones and two continents. .. The fact that the father put the info up is significant, too.

The article questions a lot of things, like the lag time in showing the video to the public.

Holdback is becoming an issue. The Canadian public does not seem to have access to information when these two suspects are literally running around in people's back yards. Why on earth would this be withheld from us? Why do we have to learn these things from international sources? It shows disregard for the safety of our citizens, IMO. Men with guns running around killing people, and we are not allowed to know.

MOO.

I think KM and BS are still alive and out of town, still on the move, but IF they are dead, I do not believe it is from suicides. For those of you who believe that they have committed suicide, I am curious as to why you believe that. As I stated earlier, I don't think they have the balls to, but I think if they did kill themselves, it would only be as the last resort, once they are pinned down and about to be taken...and I don't see the situation being close to that yet. Why would they kill themselves at this point?

My conclusion about them dealing themselves out rests on the assumption that the terrible reality of their situation will trump their ridiculous fantasy. At Some Point. Something will have finally penetrated their teenage skulls that this , this existence, this crumbling edifice of life as it really is being lived, alone, isolated, unconnected, hungry, cold, ill, and the mental knowledge of being on the outer, OUTLAWS in every sense of the word, cut off from human empathy at every level.

They know they are killers. It could have only been a matter of time before they both realise they are in the company of a killer, also. Only a matter of time before one turns on the other. They may love , or have loved each other, but love is hard to maintain under the circumstances they have been in.

On the other hand, I also believe they made a horrid mistake and have been dying slowly and painfully, somewhere uncomfortable and wet and cold , alone again. Naturally, alone again, as has been the process for some time.

He was a botanist and loved exploring. There’s no mention at all of a gun involved with LD.

I think that since Lucas and Chynna were shot and killed, and then LD was apparently killed later ( although no confirmation of him having been shot, that I know of), its safe to say that they already had the gun and probably didn't steal it from LD. Assuming their murderer(s) were the same people.

The difference between the two, is that Millard and Smich killed in separate events.

They also planned their crimes.

These two have killed people on separate occasions, but it’s basically part of the same (extended) event.

Both murderers, but different psychologically.

I see the former as serial killer types, and the latter as spree killers.

One group planned to get away with it. The other doesn’t.
I expect there will be one trial for the murders of LF, CD and LD because it was a spree, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams