CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to say that the RCMP knew from day one that Chynna and Lucas were shot, and they chose to conceal that from the Canadian public. No warning to people along the Alaska Highway. Days went by and then LD was killed. At one press conference, the spokesperson said the information on how he was killed was not relevant at this time.

Maybe they should have warned the public about a shooter when they discovered the murders. This story was not picked up by the media outside of the local area until after the third murder. I'm sure if they knew about a shooter on the Alaska Highway, mass media would have covered it sooner.

This. This is so true. They didn't want to confirm and admit to Canadian citizens that the wrong people get guns and use them improperly and in horrible ways... They didn't want to warn people because of how anti-gun we're supposed to be, and scare people with the truth. But they should just acknowledge that guns get in the hands and are still in the hands of people that shouldn't have them, regardless of the major gun laws.

Last edited:
The article questions a lot of things, like the lag time in showing the video to the public.

Holdback is becoming an issue. The Canadian public does not seem to have access to information when these two suspects are literally running around in people's back yards. Why on earth would this be withheld from us? Why do we have to learn these things from international sources? It shows disregard for the safety of our citizens, IMO. Men with guns running around killing people, and we are not allowed to know.

MOO.
Your question is an excellent one IMO!

I am shocked as a non Canadian that local citizens would be satisfied with stale info that is 4 days old and press briefings from RCMP that share no actionable information to keep people safe. In most countries citizens would be in an uproar over this type of treatment from law enforcement that is charged with keeping citizens safe.

I know RCMP has a reputation of always getting their man/person but the level of information provided by RCMP communications staff since this situation started hasn't really been designed IMO to keep citizens aware or at all safe. Even the press in Canada has been passive IMO on the topic of information sharing. We saw these 2 suspects traverse through 3 provinces without a peep really to alert the locals that danger was in their midst. Will we next see the 2 perps walking around Times Square in NYC wearing I love NY tees?

I understand placing trust in law enforcement but I guess I'm not seeing RCMP providing the citizens of Canada much actionable data other than to stay alert and report anything you see. I realize the area involved in enormous but I truly find it hard to believe with the resources available that better information cannot be provided to the locals to keep them safe.

Have you ever played any of the games they’ve listed? They are not realistic at all, they would teach nothing about training, or anything really. It’s a little much to even call them strategy. It’s almost like recommending a teen go play Leisure Suit Larry to learn how to start dating.

I don't give a lot of weight to Dad's claim that Bry and Kam 'trained' themselves in 'warfare' and 'survivalist' stuff.. Sure, they might have tottered out , bored witless , to fill in some hours, and play in the woods, but they left from , and came home to each night a hot meal , a bed of their own, blankets, cold and hot drinks on tap and a hot shower and clean folded clothes from Mum's/ Grans laundry.

Nothing like the reality of survival and warfare!. nothing even remotely like, and that realization must have been deeply shocking and frightening. When the sun goes down, it's almost an instant reversal to primitive man.. the light! the heat!.. Where has it gone!... the long hours until it's light again. What can I eat today?.. what can I drink , safely? . what can I wear that protects me from the elements?.

Reality. A sobering moment, and like reality everywhere, here, there, anywhere, it gains it's own momentum, pushing back any fantasy with relentless speed and consequences.

The problem with have two vehicles is the cost of running them. A waste of money which would be a precious resource.
My opinion is they left the area in another vehicle that has not been reported stolen. An old truck or second car in an unoccupied house or something. Might not get noticed for months even if visited by the police. Early on I feared a home invasion or car jacking and homicide to steal transport but as time goes on that seems unlikely as I suspect the locals would keep a tab on everyone, even loners.
The thought of them killing themselves came and went. I just don't see it at this stage where they have not been confronted by police of indeed anyone else. To have driven so far to just do that just does not make sense... at least in my mind.
Possible they are holding out in the bush since playing that survival game might have led them to go down that path.
Having said all that, I think its hard or probably impossible to replicate what they are thinking for a variety of reasons. We really have very few facts to rely on its all just guess work... possibly even for the police at the moment.

My original thought was that if I was in their shoes, I would hijack an RV travelling with out of province, or even better out of country plates. Kidnap the occupants and make an escape. Pretty easy to hide in plain sight on Canada’s hiways in the summer in a motorhome. Also provides good shelter and is not conspicuous.

After a little more thought on the theory that they had another vehicle before they torched the RAV4, the MSM timeline states that the area they found the burning car was 70km from Gillam. And the MSM photos shows it still in flames.

If they had a backup vehicle, wouldn’t LE or the guy who spotted the smoke, or whoever took the photo of the burning SUV have met them on the 70km of what I assume is logging/mining road? It’s a dead end road, and google earth doesn’t really show any turnoffs etc. Anyone know this road? It seems like a very long distance without running into someone. Was it dusty that day? Dust on a logging road lingers for a while. Even if the suspects spotted a vehicle first and quickly turned off onto a side road, their dust would still be visible.

LE has good reason to suspect they’re still in the area. Especially if they now have the military involved. How’d these guys escape that burning SUV area unnoticed?

Hope they’re caught soon.

To me it seems obvious that they received 3rd party help at the time they torched the SUV. They hopped in someone's vehicle and were driven to a 'safe house'. They are in someone's basement right now eating Cheerios and watching UFC 240.

Whether the 3rd party is a friend or if they received help from family, it could be either. I see no reason to believe that they would march off into the bush. They were able to contact someone, and tonight they're reading my post saying to each other, "finally one of these websleuths has caught on."

There are some similarities as I followed that case on WS but Dellen and Smich were the most sick $$$$$ I have recently heard of in Canada.

We only learned how truly sick Dellen and Smich were during the TB trial. Before that lots of people questioned if LE got it wrong. I predict the same for these two which is why I prefer the thought they’re suffering, lost somewhere in the bush, starving and weak with festering bug bites.

Have you ever played any of the games they’ve listed? They are not realistic at all, they would teach nothing about training, or anything really. It’s a little much to even call them strategy. It’s almost like recommending a teen go play Leisure Suit Larry to learn how to start dating.

First of all “training” was quoted because I use that term loosely (like speaking and using air quotes) but secondly the one thing these survival games focus on is supplies, medical, food, ammo etc. I don’t believe the video games are at fault here so don’t get me wrong. I’m just saying that if the thought is that these guys are trying to live out some real life video game I believe they would prepare themselves somewhat before either heading off into the bush or burning their own method of transportation when seemingly it wasn’t necessary as LE wasn’t even close to them.

I can’t answer your questions but the RCMP have been tagging Manitoba Hydro in their tweets today. I find it unsettling actually. And if you go to the Hydro posts the crews work in muskeg and swampy conditions to get to poles that are down etc. It seems Northern Manitoba is having a lot of poles down and outages. It would be interesting to track to see if it could lead police to the suspects. Or maybe it’s just Mother Nature.

The hydro dam consideration terrifies me! What if these guys are capable of something big. There is also a fire near a northern Manitoba reserve and IIRC an evacuation. Again, could be Mother Nature but with these guys working their revenge and crazy game strategies I can’t help but consider what they could be capable of.
We know these 2 suspects live in a fantasy world of their own making. Just spent some time googling these dam projects and they are impressively large. Just wonder if something like the dams might appeal to the creative side of these 2 suspects or are they so tired, hungry and bug bitten at this point that their brains are unable to function?

The issue as others have said is that the 2 suspects had a good sized jump on RCMP and no doubt had seen what back woods Manitoba was all about would they willingly head towards a power plant or the bush? It doesn't make sense to me that they would but maybe to them the thrill of doing it and surviving was worth the risk. IDK if its worth the risk as the probability of dying in the meantime seems quite present and real.

Thank you. While one person is telling media (is it via twitter?) that they saw a bullet in the botanist, LE has not confirmed.

Which leaves me wondering what, aside from overall trajectory of travel, links 3 crimes with Kam and Byer. There is a lot violent crime along that highway out of British Columbia. At least, there are other crimes up that way.

This is standard operating procedure for the RCMP. They keep information very close to the vest during investigations so as to "not jeopardize the integrity of the investigation." The public generally only finds out the details when the case goes to trial, and the details are revealed in open court.

I am sorry to say that the RCMP knew from day one that Chynna and Lucas were shot, and they chose to conceal that from the Canadian public. No warning to people along the Alaska Highway. Days went by and then LD was killed. At one press conference, the spokesperson said the information on how he was killed was not relevant at this time.

Maybe they should have warned the public about a shooter when they discovered the murders. This story was not picked up by the media outside of the local area until after the third murder. I'm sure if they knew about a shooter on the Alaska Highway, mass media would have covered it sooner.
I can't disagree with your sentiment enough. The fact is it was saturated in the news here in BC immediately when the first couple was found murdered. They were discovered on July 15. The truck fire and discovery of Mr. Dyck at Dease Lake wasn't until July 19. Mr. Dyck had no identifiable information on him and LE needed to identify him first. From the 19th to the morning of July 22, as well identify of the truck owner had to be tracked down, and the 2 boys were listed as missing and not murder suspects. Whether they were shot with a bullet or hacked up with a knife isn't something LE needs to share immediately with the nosy public (all of us) The priority is to find the killer. The LE have done everything possible to the best of their abilities.

Further to my previous post, I hope that when this is over we hear an explanation from the RCMP of why a shooter on a highway is considered "holdback", and why the Canadian public was not told. Maybe the RCMP can explain this to the family of LD, too.

It is a good thing the NSW police did not see it this way, because that is how we found out. The RCMP had to reveal this information once it was already out. We were not supposed to know, but it was too late.

This information did not break out in mass media beyond B.C. until the day after LD was found. The fact of shootings was later still.

It is quite possible to reveal that someone is shooting people on the Alaska highway, and to urge caution, without waiting days for identification, etc. The relevant part in the short term is to warn people to be cautious. This was not done.

Perhaps I feel differently about this than people who do not know those who could have been in jeopardy along the routes they took through two of the provinces. This is MOO. I expect we'll see a lot more stories in the media asking the same questions when this is over. Stakeholders, i.e., us, have a right to ask and get answers. Why?

Last edited:
To me it seems obvious that they received 3rd party help at the time they torched the SUV. They hopped in someone's vehicle and were driven to a 'safe house'. They are in someone's basement right now eating Cheerios and watching UFC 240.

Whether the 3rd party is a friend or if they received help from family, it could be either. I see no reason to believe that they would march off into the bush. They were able to contact someone, and tonight they're reading my post saying to each other, "finally one of these websleuths has caught on."

Law enforcement believes if they did receive help, it was done unwittingly.

We know of no connection that these two have to that particular area, so setting up some sort of preplanned escape seems unlikely IMO.

I don’t believe anyone is currently helping them evade capture.

Your question is an excellent one IMO!

I am shocked as a non Canadian that local citizens would be satisfied with stale info that is 4 days old and press briefings from RCMP that share no actionable information to keep people safe. In most countries citizens would be in an uproar over this type of treatment from law enforcement that is charged with keeping citizens safe.

I know RCMP has a reputation of always getting their man/person but the level of information provided by RCMP communications staff since this situation started hasn't really been designed IMO to keep citizens aware or at all safe. Even the press in Canada has been passive IMO on the topic of information sharing. We saw these 2 suspects traverse through 3 provinces without a peep really to alert the locals that danger was in their midst. Will we next see the 2 perps walking around Times Square in NYC wearing I love NY tees?

I understand placing trust in law enforcement but I guess I'm not seeing RCMP providing the citizens of Canada much actionable data other than to stay alert and report anything you see. I realize the area involved in enormous but I truly find it hard to believe with the resources available that better information cannot be provided to the locals to keep them safe.
I’ve been following several other cases on here from Canada (mostly BC) since January and linked back farther than that. This is the way RCMP has been through all of them. Giving nothing to the public. Just seems to be their way. Not saying it’s right or wrong because I don’t want to malign LE. But it can be frustrating also dangerous. IMO.

Also it seems they don’t always “get their man.”

I know nothing about the video games that is said they played. they likely played other games too. IMO video games can teach to think out side of the box. these two could be thinking far out side of the box. no way for us to even guess how they are thinking.

That’s not accurate. Media covered the murders before the LD was killed.

My original thought was that if I was in their shoes, I would hijack an RV travelling with out of province, or even better out of country plates. Kidnap the occupants and make an escape. Pretty easy to hide in plain sight on Canada’s hiways in the summer in a motorhome. Also provides good shelter and is not conspicuous.

After a little more thought on the theory that they had another vehicle before they torched the RAV4, the MSM timeline states that the area they found the burning car was 70km from Gillam. And the MSM photos shows it still in flames.

If they had a backup vehicle, wouldn’t LE or the guy who spotted the smoke, or whoever took the photo of the burning SUV have met them on the 70km of what I assume is logging/mining road? It’s a dead end road, and google earth doesn’t really show any turnoffs etc. Anyone know this road? It seems like a very long distance without running into someone. Was it dusty that day? Dust on a logging road lingers for a while. Even if the suspects spotted a vehicle first and quickly turned off onto a side road, their dust would still be visible.

LE has good reason to suspect they’re still in the area. Especially if they now have the military involved. How’d these guys escape that burning SUV area unnoticed?

Hope they’re caught soon.
I really wondered if the RAV4 was burned in real time vs some kind of cheesy delayed timer? Why would they risk being seen torching the vehicle? Seems like a real risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe