CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just HAVE to know whether these two teenagers actually had anything to do with the murders they are suspected of committing (I still have some doubt about that)...

If you have some doubt about that, you would make an excellent jury member for a high profile murder case, and I hope one day you get called. I, on the other hand, can't reserve my judgement this time around.

One other thing that I'm just so caught up on and confused about is the murder of the young couple happened late Sunday night or early Monday morning and it wasn't until Thursday the police found LD dead. So does that mean Kam and Breyer we're in the area for those 3-4 days? It's just weird that they would stay in the area for 3 to 4 days. And then all of a sudden LD found dead and K & B truck is found torched and they steal his RAV4 and off across the country they go traveling thousands of miles in a very short period Of time.
If they were on the Run wouldn't have they ran after L & C murder? There's so many pieces of this puzzle that the police have not shared and I don't expect them to share. We'll be lucky to find out any details in court if it gets to that point. And then still some of the Case Files may be sealed and closed and not available to the public. We may never know the details of any of this.

has anyone determined whether they bought gas to drive the RAV? 2011 RAV has a 15.9 gal tank and gets 22-28 mpg, so goes about 430 m with a full tank... 430 m (692 km). of course we do not know what was in it to begin with. (wish these guys had had to pay for even one of the vehicles they burned up- nothing human or inanimate has any value to them, least of their concerns). Still think that there are people in a remote area without phone service, radios etc. that would not get "warnings" because they are not connected to news. have seen hunters air dropped in Alaska, just into the bush, so there are people in camps who do not get "news."

Doesn't it seem odd that they would have torched the vehicle in Gillam without another one to drive? It also seems odd that the RCMP hadn't begun doorknocking until yesterday...so for all they know they could have taken a vehicle or worse. Just because one wasn't reported missing doesn't mean that they didn't take one...

I expect that the door-knocking was delayed just for logistic reasons. The priority would have been to secure the boundaries (huge), document evidence, and search for the fugitives. As more help arrives, the police can expand their on-site work.

So what questions will the officers be asking?

Are you missing a vehicle, ATV, cell phone, etc?
Were you on PR 280 on July 22, or any time since then?
Did you see a RAV?
Was it travelling alone, or with another vehicle?
Was it possible that you had any stow-aways?
Did you see or pick up any hitch-hikers?
Did you meet any on-coming vehicles whose driver was unfamiliar to you?
Were your dogs barking for an unexplained reason?

What else ...?

supposed I have two cars on my property and I take one for a trip. I am gone and no one will know if my second car is stolen until I return. Or maybe you kill me, put me in the trunk, and drive along. I will not be making any reports

has anyone determined whether they bought gas to drive the RAV? 2011 RAV has a 15.9 gal tank and gets 22-28 mpg, so goes about 430 m with a full tank... 430 m (692 km). of course we do not know what was in it to begin with. (wish these guys had had to pay for even one of the vehicles they burned up- nothing human or inanimate has any value to them, least of their concerns). Still think that there are people in a remote area without phone service, radios etc. that would not get "warnings" because they are not connected to news. have seen hunters air dropped in Alaska, just into the bush, so there are people in camps who do not get "news."

Yes I worked in Northern Canada remote areas and there is no phones available. No cell phone service. No internet service. People communicate by telling one neighbor who then tells another neighbor and so on and so forth. So these young guys could be in some remote area where there is people who have no clue what they've been involved in and have no idea that these two are wanted suspects. They've been in that bush in Northern Manitoba, supposedly, for a long time.
And yes there's Trappers cabins and typically in a Trapper's cabin there is supplies. They could be living off some of those along the way. I know I stayed at a Trapper's cabin for 10 days one time and everything was there ...food water gas for the generators, chainsaw, everything necessary was there. I'm not saying all Trappers cabins are like that but some with supplies are there so that Trappers don't have to haul in everything all the time.
Trappers cabins are not dotted All Around close together either.

Does anyone else have a bad feeling that the end of this story will be "And they were never seen again"?

Yes, I think it is possible. We don't know why they stopped short of the Fox Lake First Nation or Gillam. RCMP might be able to determine if it was for reasons of vehicle failure or running out of gas.

If the stop was unplanned, then they may have run into the bush to hide while they tried to walk to the nearest habitation. If they did that, then they are probably lost in the bog. The only thing that makes me question this is that the search would have taken that probability into consideration.

Yes, they bought $20 worth of gas around 4:00 in Gillam, it was later that night that they burned the vehical. I have read 50 kms away, but mostly 70 kms away the burned out vehicle was found. <modsnip: not MSM>

I can't believe they would burn their vehicle if they hadn't had secured another one. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gillam Weather

Current: 13°C/55°F, Partly Cloudy

Today: Increasing cloudiness. Showers beginning near noon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 19. UV index 3 or moderate.

Tobight: Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind becoming north 30 km/h late this evening. Low 8.

Gillam, MB - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

I can't believe they would burn their vehicle if they hadn't had secured another one. It makes no sense to me.

Exactly. They had already demonstrated that they understand the importance of never staying in the same place too long, how important it is to have a vehicle on hand, and that they would stop at nothing to get one.

Yes, they bought $20 worth of gas around 4:00 in Gillam, it was later that night that they burned the vehical. I have read 50 kms away, but mostly 70 kms away the burned out vehicle was found. <modsnip: not MSM>

There may be a third (or more) person involved. Maybe someone they met through online gaming.

Yesterday I read a comment about a video with the roads worker who secured the CD and LF van until police arrived, can anyone provide a link to article or video? I watched some video from Gary Hughes and saw some new photos I hadn’t seen before and was just curious what the road worker had to say.

You don’t relate to the distances and low population up here. There is no highway patrol on these highways at night (with the possible exception of right in and near Fort Nelson), and not much during the day either. If you compare population and distance vs 4 hour response time here to the same in a city I bet the ratio will look better for the response time up here. The time alone sounds long, but in reality is a much faster response for distances involved than a 20 minute response in a city.

Perhaps I should ask where up north you lived. I don’t understand where you’re coming from if you’re familiar with the area these crimes occurred in.

ETA: People up here also drive 3 or more hours one way to renew their car insurance or go shopping. Distance is relative; 4 hours was a long drive to us before moving up here. Now we consider 6 hours a short side trip to visit friends when added onto the 24 hours of driving to get to a major city.
That's the one thing I've been reminded of following this case. Even with following all the junior hockey leagues, I forget how large and vast Canada is and how small of a population it has outside of the major metro areas. Slightly makes me wish I could have taken the job with a company I was working with up there but then again it was the middle of winter and all I would have seen is ice and snow where the project was

Yes, they bought $20 worth of gas around 4:00 in Gillam, it was later that night that they burned the vehical. I have read 50 kms away, but mostly 70 kms away the burned out vehicle was found. This is also the same night a person reported someone jump out in the road as he was driving along.

Yeah you're right the cashier seen them about 4 or so on Monday. And then they found burning Rav4 50 kilometres north of Gillam, and then <modsnip: rumor, not in MSM>

Wow, I feel kinda stupid now for a post I made a few days ago saying I considered him a victim and felt bad for him. Never mind!
He is a victim of sorts, though. He has a history of mental imbalance, is under tremendous stress and has deep seated anger. Last week his life was okay and then all this happens; suddenly his only son is now a murdering fugitive.

I don't doubt he loves his son very much. Coping with mental health issues while under duress is really bad. I think this is a way for him to tell us the reason for his deep seated anger. It's not the way a balanced person would go about it, for sure. But he hasn't murdered anyone and seems to be a productive member of society, so maybe lets read what he has to say and judge differently.

There may be a third (or more) person involved. Maybe someone they met through online gaming.
Newbie here. This is something Ive thought about the past week. When the two young men (Kam & Bryer) were missing, ie, not yet suspects, I looked at their steam accts, Bryer definitely had more links (like subscribe to pewdiepie) and Kam was an admin for the game Rust. Wondering if it's possible they had help from online 'friends'.

hey, let's hope those guys are not linked to a forum set up to help them escape.
yes, on the dark web there is evil.
A forum filled with people who either believe these guys did not kill the couple or people who are just out for the thrill of helping suspects.
Also, they might have a female helping- these guys might have a few female online friends
Also, how will le prove these guys killed the couple?
the fact that there is no charge laid regarding this couple and their death vs a 2nd-degree murder for the gentleman, seems to illuminate a possible fact that there is no proof they killed the couple.
maybe, the couple was murdered by someone else?

Last edited:
The madness escalates.. . Naturally, the Daily Mail has seen fit not to claim they they themselves would have ghost written this for Alan. Alan himself looks and sounds like he would take 131 pages to explain how he ties his shoes up, so it is hardly credible that he would have written this all on his ownsome.

Besides, this is a man, who is still struggling with his mental health , and this has to be right up there with gratuitous cruelty of a peculiar and particular kind almost exclusively attributable to the Daily Fail.

I just notice that there is not one word from either mother. I could try to speculate why, but the silence is deafening, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18