CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A Homicidal Bromance'...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killers-schmegelsky-mcleod-north-canada-1.5227088

If the allegations against Schmegelsky and McLeod are true, Arntfield says they would find themselves in the company of the rarest of killers: couples who form a bond through killing.

The relationship is not necessarily sexual as most people understand it, but it is intimate.'

An interesting take, and one I agree with substantially. With the added proviso that there is a component of gender fluidity in this partnership. The roles of comforter, leader, assistant, decider, helper, captain are interchangeable, probably on a whim. Although I still think they are dead, and most probably by their own hand, or at least by some monumental classic mistake, with instant repercussions.

There is, when finally a pair of this type is apprehended, a tendency for one to either take the blame immediately or eventually, leaving the other to occupy the 'high ground,' such as it is. Although that sometimes becomes a bone of contention between the pair as time goes on. One will get tired of copping the blame, and 'confess' all over again, and so on.

It will be very very very rare if ever it is ascertained just which one of these two , K or B, did the killing, and which one was the audience, or did they both kill to declare the bond invincible.

Probably not available. If you look at a map of Canada, you'll see that there are no northern provinces, only northern parts of the provinces. Over 90% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of the US border. The closest RCMP detachment is over four hours away from the initial crime scene. I'm not sure, but I'm betting it's a small detachment - there's no way they'd have their own helicopter.

canada-map.gif

Imagine peppering the Great White North with police helicopters so that at any point, one could arrive anywhere in the vast region in less than four hours. Good grief!

Imagine peppering the Great White North with police helicopters so that at any point, one could arrive anywhere in the vast region in less than four hours. Good grief!
And considering that there is around 250 miles ( I live in klms, so I am calculating stuff here ) of fuel on the average Helicopter, there would have to be a fuel dump every 250 miles, at any point, and at every point, of the compass, because the heli has to get back.

this is where it becomes offensive to me that LE didn't get there faster, for hours, HOURS, two dead people lay on the side of the road for any and all to see. apparently there was at least one video or pictures or whatever taken and the bodies don't even have a sheet over them. Canada may have a lot of remote area, but they are not third world. or at least I have never seen them as a third world country.

Awh, sorry that you were offended. Here's a little song to give you a smile. :)

I/we can understand that you feel that something like this tarnishes your country, but (fortunately) it doesn’t. People will still (me included, always been on my to-do list) want to travel there and the people are held in high regard. That won’t change.
Well please come visit one day. I think I can speak for the majority; you will love it and be treated with the utmost respect. We love our visitors.

I think I can speak for the majority; you will love it and be treated with the utmost respect. We love our visitors.

Canadians are really nice, we got stuck in a field chasing a storm in southern Sask and the farmer came and towed us out, we tried to pay him for his time and petrol to come get us but he wouldn't accept, he then invited us to his farm for a beer and some food his wife was cooking, there was 4 of us and nothing was too much for them, we ended up crashing the night and send them a big gift basket as a thank you after we left

Some speculation ...

Wondering if BS took the airsoft gun on the road with them. Am thinking that if a person was confronted initially with it, that alone would most likely have a psychological, paralyzing effect giving a second perp opportunity to quickly inflict a fatal shot with another gun, i.e. handgun. (At this point we don't know what type of gun may have been used in these murders.)

Why was BS fiddling with his jacket only until they walked out of the store? Speculating of course because we don't even know if that particular co-op carried guns or ammunition. Just wondering if he had possibly stolen a box of ammunition and was tucking it into his jacket. I'm not sure of the guns/ammo storage requirements as it relates to retailers so maybe what I'm speculating is not even a possibility if all ammo is required to be under lock and key.

Hope the above is making sense. Tired and off to Land of Nod.

Good night.

Well please come visit one day. I think I can speak for the majority; you will love it and be treated with the utmost respect. We love our visitors.
We have visited Canada many times. All over- from BC to PEI and NS. Even one stop in Yukon from a cruise excursion. I agree 100% with what you say. Loved it all, every time/ every place. Thank you / merci.

Crimes and criminals like these do not represent an entire people and country. Sadly it can happen anywhere, and does.

First these two were missing, then they were suspects... now they're kind of both. I didn't post as I was signing out last night, like I had done in the nights before... because I knew I'd just come across as first one to start losing faith. And even if that's the way I felt about it... it was too soon to put it out there. But now that this has been gnawing at me for 24 hours, I'll just ask this one question... Does anyone else have a bad feeling that the end of this story will be "And they were never seen again"?

First these two were missing, then they were suspects... now they're kind of both. I didn't post as I was signing out last night, like I had done in the nights before... because I knew I'd just come across as first one to start losing faith. And even if that's the way I felt about it... it was too soon to put it out there. But now that this has been gnawing at me for 24 hours, I'll just ask this one question... Does anyone else have a bad feeling that the end of this story will be "And they were never seen again"?

yes . I consider that to be highly likely. Especially if they have come to a pact that ends their own lives together. Not so likely if they have fallen prey to making a colossal lethal mistake in their flight. They would hide themselves quite thoughtfully, probably, as the mystery and anxiety for the community and the RCMP would be a huge payoff. They may very well have invested a lot of time and planning into that very scenario.

The man with the beard. The one standing out in the highway that look frustrated and upset with the young couple. The police posted a sketch of him and ask for information. But we've heard nothing. I wonder who he is, I wonder if the police contacted him, I wonder if he has anything to do with the crime?
Weird that the police didn't say anything about him yet. Interesting if the police have been in contact with him that they haven't put out a notice to the public that he isn't wanted for information anymore.
And they haven't put out a notice that they are still looking for him.
Also being that the two suspects are just that... Suspects in the crime of murder between Lucas and Chynna. I wonder if the man with the hat and the beard standing out on the highway has anything to do with it all?

One thing I have learned about Canada while following this case is getting more familiar with the Canadian provinces; I will be ready for next season's new episodes of "Jeopardy"!

Gillam doesn't appear (at least on the map) to be that far from Hudson Bay. Is it possible the two teenagers have managed to get to the shores of the Bay and perhaps commandeered a boat or some other kind of craft? Might explain why there have been no sightings in the last few days.

This case has become a fascination, now. I just HAVE to know whether these two teenagers actually had anything to do with the murders they are suspected of committing (I still have some doubt about that)...and where they are; it's maddening trying to put all the pieces of the puzzle together in a way that makes sense.

........... this case has become a fascination, now. I just HAVE to know whether these two teenagers actually had anything to do with the murders they are suspected of committing (I still have some doubt about that)...and where they are; it's maddening trying to put all the pieces of the puzzle together in a way that makes sense.

Interesting because the two young guys have been charged with second-degree murder on LD. But there has been no charges laid against China and Lucas yet. They're still suspects in that situation. Obviously the police have told us hardly anything so we don't really know. And I'm still wondering about the bearded man on the highway?

The man with the beard. The one standing out in the highway that look frustrated and upset with the young couple. The police posted a sketch of him and ask for information. But we've heard nothing. I wonder who he is, I wonder if the police contacted him, I wonder if he has anything to do with the crime?
Weird that the police didn't say anything about him yet. Interesting if the police have been in contact with him that they haven't put out a notice to the public that he isn't wanted for information anymore.
And they haven't put out a notice that they are still looking for him.
Also being that the two suspects are just that... Suspects in the crime of murder between Lucas and Chynna. I wonder if the man with the hat and the beard standing out on the highway has anything to do with it all?

I’ve been thinking about that too. The sketch was prominent in initial communications, but the police went silent on it afterwards. I have even wondered if it could be the bearded teen, Kam, but from the sketch it looks like it was a heavier built, older man.
I wonder why the altercation took place and how is it that this person suddenly disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor