CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the big question is, why have they stopped killing? was three enough? did that assuage the rage, or was that the agreed number pre-spree, or ( and forgive me for this ) was a woman not counted, and the plan was for two? . why stop? .

Why only kill three when one can, logistically, kill a lot more, if killing is the name of the game. ..

Having murdered three people, what would be the point of stopping? why not go on, let it all hang out, go for broke. ..

The answer for me is, they are dead. Dead and cold somewhere, being eaten by a cranky bear. Of course, they could have run out of ammo, but why confine oneself to shooting targets? What would make them stop the journey they were on, and take another tack? . What was the magic inherent in the number three?

Having murdered three, what now, then?

Some good questions. Maybe one has a conscience and freaked after the 3 and said no way, no more. Or they are dead.

That's what I keep coming around to as well. None of this makes sense.

What do we know about them? Why the tourists? Why the teacher? The burned vehicles with computers?

I mean, has anything been written or recorded by either of them about their motives? What is the end game? What is the message they are trying to send?!

Its driving me nuts honestly trying to put it all together.
Everyone has to think beyond the poor kid with the upbringing and his gamer, nazi attitude and the other guy with his better family life. WHY. Powell River is a beautiful place, albeit a bit secluded but not an environment that makes you want to leave and kill people. *advertiser censored* your whole life is just beginning and you leave on a road trip to kill people ???

They were handed a truck and camper and none of the "oh they only had so much money because they worked at Walmart" doesn't buy the theory they were poor. That house that KM's family has is worth a lot of money. They wouldn't let their son go without money or supplies on his little look for work vacation. They possibly supplied the truck and camper. Their insurance is screwed now and they won't recoup that loss. We got to think of the big picture here.

49859EA3-2240-4BD7-8F65-8D40ECADBD63.jpeg
It’s a nice house but do we really know it’s worth? Maybe they have second or third mortgages on it. Maybe they are “house poor”. How do you know they wouldn’t allow their kid to go without monies or supplies? Maybe they weren’t in agreement with it so they didn’t offer any financial support. All we really know is at this point we know nothing. As for the truck it could be registered and insured in the parents name but Kam could be listed as principal driver, if so insurance would still be valid (depending on circumstances of the fire).

No, was simply asking the question about RCMP air resources in the Northern Provinces. Wondered if air resources were available and why they weren't deployed to get to the scene quickly?

My recollection based on the interview of the road worker is that it took 3-4 hrs for RCMP to arrive at the scene during which time it was maintained by a Road Worker. Seems that securing the scene quickly is typically the goal of law enforcement. We don't know where RCMP was driving from to get to the site but they clearly were not close by.

I was curious if given the vastness of the northern provinces that a helicopter didn't exist to allow quicker access to the scene? It just seems logical that given the distances involved that going by air would make sense and arriving at the scene in a timely fashion would minimize scene contamination. We already know that someone accessed the scene in advance of the road worker and took photographs of the scene and the victims.

I would think that RCMP would want to quickly access any scene of violent crime no matter what the citizenship of the victims.

If it took 4 hours for police to arrive at the crime scene, they were probably in Fort Nelson, as that's roughly 4 hours away. If the victims were alive, the situation would have been handled differently, but they were deceased. The scene was secured. Being at the scene in 1 or 4 hours made no difference.

People who travel in remote unpopulated areas cannot expect that there is a hospital or police station around the corner. They choose to go to those places, and they accept the risks.

If people want to know what's going on in any area, they should listen to local news. The random shooting of 2 people on a rural highway does not mean that warnings need to be broadcast about a possible maniac on the loose. During the investigation, RCMP quickly understood the situation and put out a Canada wide news alert to be on the lookout for the suspects.

It took 3 days to announce the deaths, but they first had to notify the families. I'm pretty sure that delay was not only due to the missing ID, but also due to some monkey business with insuring and registering the van in the wrong province and using the wrong address.

RCMP only have about 8-9 helicopters for the whole country. To use a fixed wing, they would need some type of runway, and would need to fly to scene from the nearest hanger housing one of their planes...could be large km away. Even one of our largest city police force doesn’t have a copter. They rely on other forces near by to enact “shared resources” assistance.

Wow, are you sure about that? That seems insanely low.

Everyone has to think beyond the poor kid with the ****** upbringing and his gamer, nazi attitude and the other guy with his better family life. WHY. Powell River is a beautiful place, albeit a bit secluded but not an environment that makes you want to leave and kill people. **** your whole life is just beginning and you leave on a road trip to kill people ???
I definitely am looking beyond gamer and upbringing.

Im a gamer with a upbringing. I'm not killing people and rampaging. And I know numerous others.

I just am wondering if there is a manifesto of sorts somewhere. I definitely can't wrap my head around 2 young men just suddenly doing these heinous crimes.

I've known teens and young adults that say they want to kill and brag about being tough. Edgy kids. But they've never gone on to commit horrific acts.

Eta: furthermore, it's been almost a solid week since the last sighting. Just..... Poof.

I'm not sure where this idea of special treatment for certain victims came into the discussion at all.

At the time this event happened there was a van with CA/CAN plates, with 2 open doors, shot out back window and 2 dead people on the ground. Nationality was irrelevant to the response of law enforcement or I hope the response wouldn't be driven by who these people are or where they are from.

I'm just finding it strange given the distances involved that air resources aren't available in the area.

RCMP in British Columbia - Air Services

Air resources are available, but the nearest base is five or six hundred km away. If the chopper was free, it probably would have meant maybe 2+ hours instead of 3 or 4. How about we just assume they followed whatever their protocol is, and that their protocol is reflective of their knowledge and experience?

RCMP only have about 8-9 helicopters for the whole country. To use a fixed wing, they would need some type of runway, and would need to fly to scene from the nearest hanger housing one of their planes...could be large km away. Even one of our largest city police force doesn’t have a copter. They rely on other forces near by to enact “shared resources” assistance.

And it’s not only a matter of police arriving to a “suspicious death” scene because initially what they’d do may be no different than the task of the road worker - to secure it while awaiting on the Medical Examiner to arrive.

Probably not available. If you look at a map of Canada, you'll see that there are no northern provinces, only northern parts of the provinces. Over 90% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of the US border. The closest RCMP detachment is over four hours away from the initial crime scene. I'm not sure, but I'm betting it's a small detachment - there's no way they'd have their own helicopter.

canada-map.gif
Yes, thank you for the beautiful colorful map. Familar with the geography and the population density stats of Canada.

Will do some research on the organization of the RCMP and try to figure out what transport resources are available in the northern most portions of the various provinces. It just seems like from what you are describing that speed simply isn't possible because the resources don't exist. I can see weather related delays being a real issue depending on the season and this making air travel difficult or impossible but its surprising not to see more air patrol or even satellite capability given the distances involved. But maybe the answer is that so few people are in these areas and crime is low so that justifies not having transportation options. I'm also curious about the issue because its a strategic security issue as well for the Country.

How would RCMP deployment of resources occur if a natural disaster happened or there was a terrorism incident in the northern portions of the various provinces?

Now that I'm thinking about deployment of resources I am curious where the various items that we saw in Gillam came from? Did they bring them in by truck or train?

Last edited:
This is an interesting perspective and point of comparison. In the conditions you discussed helicopters aren't a good choice. But in other parts of the world they are used.

So, maybe the question should be what transport options did the RCMP have available to get to the site? By all accounts violent crime of this nature is not frequent in the region so I am wondering if the fastest available mode of transport was used to get to the scene?

It is a matter of economy of scale. One cant have expensive equipment sitting around waiting for a murder /murder to happen , a once in a generation event. When , for example, was the last murder/murders on this highway? Or even a savage car accident. Where helicopters are used, they are also used for a whole lot of other purposes, mountain rescue, emergency medical supplies, transport of dialysis patients, to name just a few, a very few. And perhaps the call for that is absent , which leaves equipment sitting, unusable in winter, as you would appreciate, waiting for a rare , rare event. Plus the fuel has to sit there, AND somewhere down the track too.

( Fixed wing aircraft, as used by the FDS ( flying doctor service , and by police in the outback ) are reliant on the flat terrain, which it mostly is. Often though, and this is mainly on outback cattle stations, a runway is already bulldozed , but if it isn't, it's all hands on deck and every piece of equipment on the farm put to work to level off a measured runway, and with 10 gallon drums with flares along either side )

Father of teen Canadian murder fugitive tries to hijack media frenzy to publicize his new book | Daily Mail Online

Yikes. A 12 day drunken bender to write a book that would humiliate himself and his family. According to the article it was scheduled to be released the same days that his son was out murdering. The money it would earn was to start a new life which was promises his son had heard over and over. Multi million dollar lawsuits and all.

That’s a tough situation to live through and pull through as a child. No excuses for the behaviour but I can see how this could badly impact a person. Some rise above. Some don’t.
And not only family humiliation, exploitation and a very good libel suit as well. Yikes this just gets weirder and weirder.

I take on board your heartfelt plea there.. I just don't think that these two are ever going to give answers that would satisfy anyone sane. If they are captured alive they will have to make their story as empathetic and appealing as possible, it would hardly help them to say, for example, ' well, folks, I just wanted to see what it was like to murder a man and a woman, ey?'..

That's not how it 's going to go down. I suspect that Bryer, just as one example , is going to come off a bit like Sebastian Burns, and be a real yammer mouth, explaining himself, and Kam and his world and Kams world, and then their own shared world at babbling speed, over and over again .
"eh"

If it took 4 hours for police to arrive at the crime scene, they were probably in Fort Nelson, as that's roughly 4 hours away. If the victims were alive, the situation would have been handled differently, but they were deceased. The scene was secured. Being at the scene in 1 or 4 hours made no difference.

People who travel in remote unpopulated areas cannot expect that there is a hospital or police station around the corner. They choose to go to those places, and they accept the risks.

If people want to know what's going on in any area, they should listen to local news. The random shooting of 2 people on a rural highway does not mean that warnings need to be broadcast about a possible maniac on the loose. During the investigation, RCMP quickly understood the situation and put out a Canada wide news alert to be on the lookout for the suspects.

It took 3 days to announce the deaths, but they first had to notify the families. I'm pretty sure that delay was not only due to the missing ID, but also due to some monkey business with insuring and registering the van in the wrong province and using the wrong address.

I believe the closest detachment is Fort Nelson. That part of BC, the region is called Norther Rockies, has a population of less than 6000, so little use for the local Mounties to have their own helicopter. There may be some sort of air ambulance service in the area, but as you mentioned, the victims were already deceased so the police arriving four hours after discovery made no difference.

Wow, are you sure about that? That seems insanely low.

I wouldn't be surprised, we've also had cutback to our Coast Guard. I faintly remember a story of a First Nations man lost/stranded out somewhere remote and our responders (can't remember which one) couldn't get to him quick enough and he died. Had there been more budget/resources they might've got to him in time. Can't remember the details, wish I could to google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719