CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say that I am impressed with the patience some of you seem to have.
I'm over hear fuming about people claiming all these things that are not verified and you guys are just so calmly asking for links.

We’re seasoned when it comes to false reporting.

That, and @sillybilly would admonish us.

From the July 25 press conference link posted by lexitoronto:

"Shoihet said detectives are currently compiling information for the B.C. Prosecution Service to review for potential charges.

She also pushed back against any suggestion that the delay in laying charges is due to doubt that Schmegelsky and McLeod are the suspects who should be charged in Fowler and Deese’s deaths.

“It’s the process we have to go through, and we’re working through that now,” she said. “As you can imagine, with a double homicide, we have to have all the evidence in place, and it takes some time."

Okay so, KM looks like he is wearing black Dunlop Vollies or something (high top, black sneaker) - the toes look like rubber and the darker area looks like black canvas. I am sure I spy a lace or silver branding also at one stage. And BS still looks like a boot to me due to the rigidity of the front when he walks... perhaps a steel-capped boot?

Side note: I'd love to know what KM was saying to BS on the way out or vice versa. KM nods his head in acknowledgement too.

I actually wondered if that was maybe them responding the the person working there saying something like 'have a nice day' or whatever and them nodding in response on their way out.
I am curious about that as well though.

Now.. I took what I saw as them having a sort of soft summer high top boot -ish footwear.. It didn't look like trekking stuff, long distance trekking, didn't look waterproof, I don't know . I'll go and try and see it on one of the big screens here at work, . ( not the usual manner of skiving off, but permissible , depending on the subject. ) ..

What I saw made me think still toe work boot (which they could have picked up at Walmart). But they could also be some sort of army surplus shoe/boot.

They may have gone to Alberta first, and were heading to Yukon via Alaska Highway.

RCMP will provide timelines in the future, based on their purchases and text messages.

That’s a heck of a lot of driving for them to have done, and only one drives. He would have been driving for two solid days.

I don’t have much faith that police will be releasing many details at all about this case actually.

Okay so, KM looks like he is wearing black Dunlop Vollies or something (high top, black sneaker) - the toes look like rubber and the darker area looks like black canvas. I am sure I spy a lace or silver branding also at one stage. And BS still looks like a boot to me due to the rigidity of the front when he walks... perhaps a steel-capped boot?

Side note: I'd love to know what KM was saying to BS on the way out or vice versa. KM nods his head in acknowledgement too.

I reckon he's saying ' Camera. Look cool. '

I actually wondered if that was maybe them responding the the person working there saying something like 'have a nice day' or whatever and them nodding in response on their way out.
I am curious about that as well though.

Maybe! It has been playing on me a lot! Such a small piece of the puzzle but I'd just love to know what they are saying. Their body language shows a sense of discomfort, and KM's head nod is almost... sneaky? - so it'd be interesting to know what they are actually saying. Maybe I am just delirious and looking too far into it

10ofRod said:
... right now, they are merely suspects/POI's in those crimes, there are no warrants (that I know of) and they have not been charged.
There's every reason for them to surrender peacefully and work this out as best they can...

I highlighted a section from July 25 press conference. RCMP wants us to know there is no doubt about their involvement in Lucas/Chynna murder, but preparing the evidence for a double homicide charge takes time.

Maybe! It has been playing on me a lot! Such a small piece of the puzzle but I'd just love to know what they are saying. Their body language shows a sense of discomfort, and KM's head nod is almost... sneaky? - so it'd be interesting to know what they are actually saying. Maybe I am just delirious and looking too far into it

Haha it has been one of the main things in my mind too. I have no idea why, but their body language is off to me. Could be years of work in retail to be honest.
They seem to wander around for whatever reason, but don't buy anything. Stealing a map maybe? Or testing the waters to see if they are recognized? MOO of course.

While on remand - awaiting or attending trial - they would be held in one of the provincial facilities. Once sentenced, if the sentence is over 2 years, they would go to a Federal Penitentiary, and could go to any province. They could be in the same provincial facility while on remand, but likely would not be housed on the same units. The reason they might be in the same facility is if their lawyers argue for them to, for example, remain housed on Vancouver Island for ease of family visits. I worked in Youth Corrections in BC for 15 years, but also: here's a Wikipedia page on incarceration in Canada: Incarceration in Canada - Wikipedia

I’m a long time member,,,not verified but retired from the federal prison system British Columbia...after a lengthy career there. To clear up some misconceptions,,,,,IF these two were both convicted as adults for murder,,,,,they would receive federal sentences,,,likely life sentences. As murderers ( unless it’s changed) they would, after going through reception and being tested and classified, initially be placed in a MAXIMUM Security federal penitentiary. There is ONLY one MAXIMUM Security in British Columbia and it is called Kent Institution.
As they do not like to place co conspirators together,,,one could well be transferred to Alberta...or some other province. Other federal institutions in B.C. include Matsqui, Mission, Pacific, the Regional Psychiatric Center
and the Women’s Prison. There are also a couple of minimum secure facilities......These are all located in the central Fraser Valley,,,,to beyond the Chilliwack area.
There is ONLY one federal institution on Vancouver Island,,,,,outside of Victoria,,,called William Head,,,,,It too is a lower level facility and someone convicted of murder would not initially be placed there but could perhaps be transferred there later in their sentence.

To correct another post,,Stoney Mountain Penitentiary is not located in BC,,,,I think it’s in Alberta,,,but I’m not certain.

Also the question was asked about conjugal visits,,,,,yes they do exist....I don’t recall all the criteria,,,but for those who were cohabiting before incarceration,,,or those who marry while incarcerated,,,or simply just with mom and dad,,,,,. If I recall...they would last about two days in length,',,,,the inmate purchases and supplies the food,,,and with the demand on the units,,,could happen about once every two months.

This case makes me wish I was still working....I’d love to do the front end assessments on these guys. It would be fascinating. Oh,,,and yes,,,,psychiatric reports are a requirement in murder cases,,,,,and if mental health issues are apparent,,,The Regional Psychiatric Unit is well prepared to deal with them. This unit is not the Psychiatric Unit that diverts people from being convicted,,,but is part of the prison system and deals with those who have been convicted,,,in other words they transfer there to deal with the mental health issue then transfer back to their home institution and continue serving their sentence,

Hope this adds to some understanding.

I highlighted a section from July 25 press conference. RCMP wants us to know there is no doubt about their involvement in Lucas/Chynna murder, but preparing the evidence for a double homicide charge takes time.
Can you provide the link to this statement by RCMP please? As the RCMP stating that there is no doubt they were involved is news to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX