CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, but as tasteless as Prince Harry's outfit was, he was attending a costume party (still no excuse) which is different than idolizing Hitler and Nazis.

I met a veteran who had to wear a Nazi costume for some WWII drama. He was furious that Prince Harry did it for a party.

1. one of the news articles put up last few hours confirms theres a "winter road" or "trail" that connects gilliam and york.
2. having played around on google maps, its there. Just a dirt road and not well maintained. Need a good 4WD truck to get down it, but prolly a nice enough stroll but for the bugs

Can you add a line to this map?

upload_2019-7-28_22-59-58.png

Wouldn’t it seem the Bear Claw Clan is coordinating work with the RCMP, given their presence in communities without RCMP service? Otherwise for what reason would they be invited?

Co-ordinating to some extent seems necessary, probably not much further than "if you see them give us a call" They were basically just going to check in on the communities that the RCMP wasnt.
I just found it weird you were giving the RCMP a pat on the back for... what? They were invited by FN to check in on FN, nothing to do with RCMP really

Yes, I recall when Prince Harry was wearing a Nazi arm band at a party and the flack he got for doing so. It meant nothing.

Not sure the two are that comparable. Wearing a Nazi costume for Halloween still isn’t ok and is problematic — even if ones intention was to mock such officers, it’s still in poor taste. However, with no other info about Harry being a Hitler or Nazi sympathizer, I’m willing to accept that he learned from it and realized what a dumb mistake he made. So ultimately for Harry it probably did mean nothing. People can learn and grow and that’s all well and good.

What’s different about BS though is that it went beyond the arm band and dressing up. Those who communicated with him said he praised Hitler and admired him. That’s more serious and cuts deeper than a lapse in costume judgement. And even if he said and did all that simply for shock value and doesn’t actually like Hitler—still shows a sick mind that would go there. JMO

Just occurred to me! With all the people who hold the naive belief that the kids (kid=>35 in my personal terminology) are innocent, I can foresee another “Bambi” in the making!!!

I’m sure they are responsible for the death of Leonard Dyck, and should have done the right thing and faced up to it right away and dealt with the consequences. As for Fowler and Deese at this point I can’t find the logic in it, mostly because of timing/driving - and somewhat because Fowler’s father himself said that it was a violent criminal who’s killed before who could have done that (when referring to the crime scene).

Last edited:
Why? Earlier everyone here was saying everyone in these places hunt and have weapons. But not these guys? It’s scary if they aren’t, given that two of the victims died from gun violence.

The Bear Clan is a group of community members (from Winnipeg) that acts as mediator, patrols the streets in Winnipeg after dark, looks for missing persons, try to make the city a safer place, etc. They consider themselves non-violent and peace-keepers. Arming them with guns would go against their philosophy.

I sure hope RCMP can confirm the York Landing sighting was in fact the suspects.

I think it was mentioned that the town was on some sort of lockdown for the past 24? hours. Not sure what that exactly entails. So if witnesses reported seeing two guys at the landfill (or wherever they first came across them) to the patrol then for one, these witnesses were not abiding by the 24 hour lockdown but possibly neither were the two persons (possibly residents) spotted near the dump which could be why they scattered.

I don't think any of this was planned. If it was planned I would expect to see some sort of manifesto or publication of why.

Also how they have been model citizens since the murders... does not compute.

I'm also leaning towards them being at the dump looking for things to help with shelter, warmth etc and not just food.
Yeah rural dumps can be full of great, useful things, particularly if you’re desperate and on the run. Clothes(jackets, sweaters), shoes or boots, tarps, bags, possible weapons, etc. Not sure about food, but I guess if you’re desperate...

1. one of the news articles put up last few hours confirms theres a "winter road" or "trail" that connects gilliam and york.
2. having played around on google maps, its there. Just a dirt road and not well maintained. Need a good 4WD truck to get down it, but prolly a nice enough stroll but for the bugs
@otto Thanks much it all looks perfect! Much appreciated as I just couldn't see it. I saw the track listed on the Manitoba Highway site but absolutely couldn't find it on google.

Looks like the 2 suspects could just be boxed in! Do you think?

They were invited by the Chief to help keep locals safe in remote communities with limited police presence. The bear clan does great work, but I’d expect rcmp would only treat them as civilians. This is a volunteer movement.

One thing to consider, First Nations communities and reserves are the private property of their people. Without their full cooperation with the RCMP, search efforts would potentially become very complicated. I don’t see this as a “we versus they” situation at all. I think the RCMP and First Nations are doing a commendable job working together to achieve the same end goal - to capture the suspects and meanwhile ensure everyone else is safe.

BBM

Bear Clan Patrol working with RCMP, First Nations in hunt for homicide suspects - APTN News
“...Half a dozen Bear Clan members flew to Gillam Friday “as ambassadors” to check on the well-being of residents in the nearby First Nations of Fox Lake, York Factory and War Lake, as part of a safety strategy devised by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs (AMC).

“We are very concerned for the safety of the people in our northern communities,” acting Grand Chief Sheldon Kent said in a release.

“The AMC wants to ensure that our people are vigilant and exercise caution until these fugitives are apprehended.”

Kent noted AMC was “co-operating fully” with the RCMP to “bring these young men into custody.”...”

Last edited:
It might be nice if this case could be discussed without getting into a discussion about the relationship between First Nations and the provincial and federal governments and the RCMP, treaty rights and the experimental role of the Bear Clan Patrol in this instance.

Speaking personally, it just isn’t clear what is gained by a debate about who invited who and jurisdictional roles. It’s a complicated and highly political issue, maybe not critically important here.

Just a thought.

I sure hope RCMP can confirm the York Landing sighting was in fact the suspects.

I think it was mentioned that the town was on some sort of lockdown for the past 24? hours. Not sure what that exactly entails. So if witnesses reported seeing two guys at the landfill (or wherever they first came across them) to the patrol then for one, these witnesses were not abiding by the 24 hour lockdown but possibly neither were the two persons (possibly residents) spotted near the dump which could be why they scattered.

it's not like they were under martial law to stay inside

Two men were spotted near the dump. The description matched the suspects. It was unusual that two men were at the dump because everyone knows that's where the bears are. They did a head check and no one who was supposed to be at York Landing was at the dump - everyone was accounted for.

Yeah rural dumps can be full of great, useful things, particularly if you’re desperate and on the run. Clothes(jackets, sweaters), shoes or boots, tarps, bags, possible weapons, etc. Not sure about food, but I guess if you’re desperate...
Rual dumps in populated areas yes. Here, doubful. Especially up North things are quite hard to obtain, so waste of many things perhaps useful, are probably few and far between.

As for Fowler and Deese at this point I can’t find the logic in it, mostly because of timing/driving - and somewhat because Fowler’s father himself said that it was a violent criminal who’s killed before who could have done that (when referring to the crime scene).

The timeline is not puzzling. They left Port Alberni on July 12, probably late morning or afternoon. They may have stayed in Alberta one night.

They were driving to Yukon via Alaska Highway during the night of July 14, and came across the blue van.

Lucas Fowler's dad is a police chief from Sydney. He thought the murders were much more than a simple robbery attempt gone wrong, so he made an assumption.

RCMP probably shared with him actual evidence, and he has not made any comments saying these two teens couldn't have murdered his son.

I don't think the town was under lockdown for 24 hours - that only came after members of the Bear Clan spotted the suspects at the town dump and reported that to the RCMP.

Two men were spotted near the dump. The description matched the suspects. It was unusual that two men were at the dump because everyone knows that's where the bears are. They did a head check and no one who was supposed to be at York Landing was at the dump - everyone was accounted for.

That’s not what the gentleman from the Bear Clan Patrol told Global news in his interview, although it doesn’t affect the outcome. If anyone wants to know what the Bear Clan gentleman said, check the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand