CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been nothing said the two went from Port Alberni to Alberta and then to northern BC in the 2 days. They’d have to drive virtually nonstop.

The direct route from Port Alberni to Whitehorse (not saying they ever intended to go there looking for work) does not pass by Laird Hot Springs, near where LF and CD were found. However indeed it’s possible they took the slightly longer route. I’m certain LE will know by know through traffic cam and cell tower data.

View attachment 195557

They were seen in Dease Lake on the 14th weren’t they? So I assume they took the shorter route. Port Alberni to Dease Lake is 24 hours driving. Surely after two days straight driving Kam McLeod was exhausted and needed to rest. If he didn’t then maybe severe sleep deprivation was a factor if he was indeed involved in the deaths of Fowler and Deese.

The information about shots fired came from the interview with the head of the Bear Clan Patrol...

When I heard the radio live, it was possible gun shots heard, and also noted that it could have been shots at a bear.

If a local or RCMP shot a bear, I wouldn't expect it to be reported. Happens often in remote area!

MOO

Apparently it was posted in a Bear Clan's private msg group. It can be seen online. They were concerned locals were going after them.

As far as I saw, it was just one random person on Twitter who posted something like 'omg!I'm scared! shots fired!' and they didn't even live in Canada. Seemed to spiral after that with people saying locals were going after them, etc.

They were seen in Dease Lake on the 14th weren’t they? So I assume they took the shorter route. Port Alberni to Dease Lake is 24 hours driving. Surely after two days straight driving Kam McLeod was exhausted and needed to rest. If he didn’t then maybe severe sleep deprivation was a factor if he was indeed involved in the deaths of Fowler and Deese.

Ignore the route, look at the dates. It's very likely that Kam taught Bryer how to drive before they left Port Alberni.

upload_2019-7-28_23-58-13.png

Does anyone know why the Bear Clan members were in York Landing in the first place?

Edit: this was a reply to "Without starting a debate it is also possible that some residents don’t trust the patrol either."
musta forgot a click somewhere

I'm not from manitoba but I am anishinaabe, I'd venture to guess tiny, rural, isolated FN communities are a few orders of magnitude more comfortable with bear clan than RCMP.

Also not trying to start, and not interested in engaging in, any sort of debate on this topic but historical context matters. Generalizations will always have exceptions but I dont think its a stretch to say RCMP is not most FN folks favorite organization

And understandably so! So grateful that Bear Clan and locals are assisting. I hope this media exposure actually helps in bringing some attention/pressure to assist First Nations in Canada in general (re: anything from unsafe drinking water to MMIWG), Not political but educational for folks not aware of Canada's rich indigenous roots :)

As far as I saw, it was just one random person on Twitter who posted something like 'omg!I'm scared! shots fired!' and they didn't even live in Canada. Seemed to spiral after that with people saying locals were going after them, etc.

Those words were definitely part of the Gilroy Mass Shooting happening at the same time - people were quoting a YouTube, it was very similar words. Lots of YouTubes of that event btw.

I wondered about direction of the wind - seemed odd that the dump is upwind of the town.

lol I don't know if that is the dump. I still think it's the area to the east of the community, but I have looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find anything about the location, and google earth only lets us get so close.

Ignore the route, look at the dates. It's very likely that Kam taught Bryer how to drive before they left Port Alberni.

View attachment 195563
Hmm, that makes me wonder if Bryer (inexperienced driver, at best) accidentally rolled their original truck (it had a big dent on the top in the "burned out" picture), which caused them to want to get another vehicle, the RAV4...

Last edited:

View attachment 195563

They probably both drove but one person could do that distance in 2 days. I’ve driven from Whitehorse to Calgary, alone, many times. I power thru with minimal stops and it’s 2500km, similar distance for them to go up the AK Hwy the whole way. I did it in two 12-13 hour days.

It was reported that the witness was at first surprised, and then checked the description of the suspects to see if it matched.

Which witness are you referring to?

Was there a witness before the Bear Clan Patrol men driving the perimeter of the sewage plant and dump?

The Bear Clan were reportedly not initially surprised because there was maintenance work being performed at the sewage treatment plant today, and they first believed mechanical contractor was at dump.

However, as Patrol got closer to the dump and did not see the Contractors Company Vehicle at the dump, they looked closer at the individuals. Whoever was at the dump ran when they saw the Patrols.

Patrols did not pursue, called RCMP who arrived in 20 minutes or less.

Hmm, that makes me wonder if Bryer (inexperienced driver) accidentally rolled their original truck (it had a big dent on the top in the "burned out" picture), which caused them to want to get another vehicle, the RAV4...
Interesting theory, has that dent been addressed anywhere else? I haven’t seen anything.

Hmm, that makes me wonder if Bryer (inexperienced driver) accidentally rolled their original truck (it had a big dent on the top in the "burned out" picture), which caused them to want to get another vehicle, the RAV4...

Yeah, been so curious about that dent. So many oddities in this case. I guess that's what happens when boys (and I say that sarcastically as they're probably very immature) like to think they're tough guys.

lol I don't know if that is the dump. I still think it's the area to the east of the community, but I have looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find anything about the location, and google earth only lets us get so close.

Me too. Let me look at that again.

This area? Would sewage treatment be upwind?

upload_2019-7-29_0-6-56.png

upload_2019-7-29_0-11-33.png

24hrs of driving in 2 days is not difficult for one person. I’ve done it and it doesn’t cause “severe sleep deprivation” at all! It’s 2 days of 12 hrs of driving, 12 hrs to rest and sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor