CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, do we have a link where the clothing of the guys sighted at the dump is mentioned? I did listen to the video but did I miss that reference?

“They spotted two men who seemed to be scavenging food out of the dump,” says James Favel, executive director of the Bear Clan Patrol.They recognized some of the clothing that was being worn and they immediately called RCMP and let them know they had a potential sighting and the town went into lockdown.”

RCMP descend on York Landing, Manitoba after B.C. murder suspects potentially spotted by volunteer patrol

That's sure a good point. Could you point me to a link? Thanks.

I heard it from a Bear Clan member on CBC news earlier this evening. Will look for the link... if I don't fall asleep first. Found it. See post below and the Clan member said:
“They spotted two men who seemed to be scavenging food out of the dump,” says James Favel, executive director of the Bear Clan Patrol. “They recognized some of the clothing that was being worn and they immediately called RCMP and let them know they had a potential sighting and the town went into lockdown.”

The sighting happened at 4:15 p.m. Sunday.

“They saw our guys and they bolted across the road over to the lagoon and then kind of disappeared behind the tree line,” Favel says.

Last edited:
Edit: this was a reply to "Without starting a debate it is also possible that some residents don’t trust the patrol either."
musta forgot a click somewhere

I'm not from manitoba but I am anishinaabe, I'd venture to guess tiny, rural, isolated FN communities are a few orders of magnitude more comfortable with bear clan than RCMP.

Also not trying to start, and not interested in engaging in, any sort of debate on this topic but historical context matters. Generalizations will always have exceptions but I dont think its a stretch to say RCMP is not most FN folks favorite organization

Last edited:
This was hours ago though now. If they haven't finished searching the 'football field' sized area, I dunno what to say...

I'm feeling less and less confident about this sighting. A dog couldn't track them? the helicopters didn't help?
It's nighttime, and very windy, which hampers air support... If they have the area surrounded, I imagine it's safer for everyone if they wait until daylight, and calmer wind conditions...

But this serves a very very small town of limited means. I would guess the inhabitants are pretty thrifty and don’t trash things unless they are really useless.

My guess is there isnt much useful there, certainly not a lot of only day-old food from shops & restaurants that cant be used past an expiration date. But likely lots of used disposable diapers, plastic bottles. Not tarps
It wouldn’t be like a big city dump but you would be amazed at what people throw out in these tiny towns. I actually worked in a similar location in northern Alberta and that dump was one of the best I’ve ever been to (dump diving was our thing back then, don’t judge lol).

Tarps were not in perfect shape but could be useful if you string a few ripped up ones together. Lumber is also often found in dumps, someone tears down a shed, that wood goes to the dump. It’s full of nails and ripped up, possibly rotting wood but there are gems in there. I’ve also found brand new ratchet straps at the dump, a new solar powerbank, so much good stuff. Anyone anywhere buys something new, say after a big shopping trip to Winnipeg, they come back and are throwing out the used stuff.

I heard it from a Bear Clan member on CBC news earlier this evening. Will look for the link... if I don't fall asleep first.
It was on Winnipeg City News too RCMP descend on York Landing, Manitoba after B.C. murder suspects potentially spotted by volunteer patrol

I quote:
“They spotted two men who seemed to be scavenging food out of the dump,” says James Favel, executive director of the Bear Clan Patrol. “They recognized some of the clothing that was being worn and they immediately called RCMP and let them know they had a potential sighting and the town went into lockdown.”

The sighting happened at 4:15 p.m. Sunday.

“They saw our guys and they bolted across the road over to the lagoon and then kind of disappeared behind the tree line,” Favel says.

It's nighttime, and very windy, which hampers air support... If they have the area surrounded, I imagine it's safer for everyone if they wait until daylight, and calmer wind conditions...

I don't know if there will be calmer wind conditions tomorrow... I'm in Saskatchewan and woke up to a big tree branch on my roof this morning... it was extremely windy all day and typically our weather heads east, right to Manitoba.

I'm curious.

Has the sighting been confirmed?

Im scrolling through Twitter, Facebook, the general internets, and all I'm seeing since the York Landing sighting is a go fund me that's constantly being reposted.

I'm hoping this wasn't a false sighting to promote an agenda. ( The fact that the aboriginals are ignored by police here)

Its been quite a number of hours now, and LE was there really quickly.

Just a thought I had.
I highly doubt that, something like that would hurt the bear clan’s reputation and destroy any possible working relationship between them and law enforcement.
People have been taking this opportunity to bring to light some of the issues those communities face, because right now so many people are paying attention. I don’t think there’s anything to read into with the go fund me being reposted.

That's a big if because if they had hiked the train tracks, they would have been easily spotted. Don't kid yourself. Nothing was easy for these hunted starving famished bitten killer kids.

about 26 miles per day, so they got a ride at some point, I think
many more miles if they were on the actual road

That’s pretty crappy he’s being skewered for something he didn’t even say. I wonder if the paper will hold any responsibility for using such an inflammatory headline.

Oh I doubt it. They will just carry on as they always do.
I actually feel really bad for the guy. I would not want to be in his position right now. I would be absolutely broken if I were in his shoes.

I don't know if there will be calmer wind conditions tomorrow... I'm in Saskatchewan and woke up to a big tree branch on my roof this morning... it was extremely windy all day and typically our weather heads east, right to Manitoba.

I wondered about direction of the wind - seemed odd that the dump is upwind of the town.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-28_23-56-57.png
    upload_2019-7-28_23-56-57.png
    762.4 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics