Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he was trying to make it look like an abduction, on feb 26 th , He called his dad and told him he had a flat tire. dads thinking there is always some issue and how much is this going to cost me now... Dad seems to have some radar for Stephans antics. Stephan probably thinks if he tells him about the flat now , it will lessen dad's suspicions about his involvement in what he kew he would have to tell him later. at 6:18 he calls dad again to tell him hes on his way to Maddies grandma's house because there has been "an incident", he tells his dad maddie wasnt at school when jenn went to pick her up and she forgot her phone (he add's yeah she does that sometimes) , and that the area is known for sex traffickers ( lie) . and, and, and, it was about 2 hrs since maddi was discovered missing and he is already implying she was probably trafficked.
Later that night ( or whenever that first interview came out) jenn basically said the same thing, " I think someone took her"
Maybe there was some hope that everyone would end up believing thats what happened.
Dumping her knapsack in their own trash and then saying when he dropped her off he watched her dig in her knapsack? He drove her to school!!! How was he going to explain that knapsack being in the trash.? Good thing he is from simple-town.
Apparently there is video from the church of someone that morning in the parking lot. Anyone have more info on that? Who was that in the video? Why did Stephan specifically mention the church parking is where he dropped her off? Coincidence? Maybe he knew people cut across the parking lot so there would be video of "someone" to cover his story?

jmo

Apparently there is video from the church of someone that morning in the parking lot. Anyone have more info on that? Who was that in the video? Why did Stephan specifically mention the church parking is where he dropped her off? Coincidence? Maybe he knew people cut across the parking lot so there would be video of "someone" to cover his story?

jmo
I think whoever it was was some random who passed at a rough estimate for Madeline. I think it was pure luck there was anyone at all, but I think SS figured with how close that location was to the school, some young girl would walk by at roughly the right time and shore up his garbage story.

MOO

I think whoever it was was some random who passed at a rough estimate for Madeline. I think it was pure luck there was anyone at all, but I think SS figured with how close that location was to the school, some young girl would walk by at roughly the right time and shore up his garbage story.

MOO
I believe the green hoodie MS was wearing was in the school colors, so it seems quite likely that at least one tween girl wearing a green hoodie and "blue or black pants" was in the vicinity of the school to appear on camera footage. I don't know if SS was smart enough to think of it (see him moving MS's body to the trunk while on camera inside a parking garage!), so as you say it was pure luck for him.

I believe the green hoodie MS was wearing was in the school colors, so it seems quite likely that at least one tween girl wearing a green hoodie and "blue or black pants" was in the vicinity of the school to appear on camera footage. I don't know if SS was smart enough to think of it (see him moving MS's body to the trunk while on camera inside a parking garage!), so as you say it was pure luck for him.
I wonder if, during that "school drop-off" car ride that morning, he was looking around for a dump spot near the school to make it look like she was killed by someone else after he dropped her off.

jmo

I believe he was trying to make it look like an abduction, on feb 26 th , He called his dad and told him he had a flat tire. dads thinking there is always some issue and how much is this going to cost me now... Dad seems to have some radar for Stephans antics. Stephan probably thinks if he tells him about the flat now , it will lessen dad's suspicions about his involvement in what he kew he would have to tell him later. at 6:18 he calls dad again to tell him hes on his way to Maddies grandma's house because there has been "an incident", he tells his dad maddie wasnt at school when jenn went to pick her up and she forgot her phone (he add's yeah she does that sometimes) , and that the area is known for sex traffickers ( lie) . and, and, and, it was about 2 hrs since maddi was discovered missing and he is already implying she was probably trafficked.
Later that night ( or whenever that first interview came out) jenn basically said the same thing, " I think someone took her"
Maybe there was some hope that everyone would end up believing thats what happened.
Dumping her knapsack in their own trash and then saying when he dropped her off he watched her dig in her knapsack? He drove her to school!!! How was he going to explain that knapsack being in the trash.? Good thing he is from simple-town.
and by simple-town I don't mean North Port.

I'm unclear what the immunity covers. Is it just an agreement they won't charge her for previously lying to the cops? Or is it more of a blanket immunity of agreeing not to charge her with anything having to do with crimes against Maddie?

I just get the hunch she was still lying in that interview....and she was involved somehow, though I don't know to what extent. Yet, she is not charged with a thing.

jmo
This might answer your questions:

I am assuming "making breakfast" means shouting "take a granola bar with you!" from her king-sized bed in the bedroom with the door cracked because she has a cat and a dog who pees on the bed.

jmo

... or possibly a recurring voice message of same, toggled to resend each morning to spare the effort required to shout it in person.

Wanted to send a shout-out to those who've taken the time to transcribe/ summarize key parts of these interview for the rest of us -- I have tried and failed to steel myself to listen to JS. Like ghost peppers grated directly into my nerves.

I wonder if LE know what was said on the phone between Maddie and SS on the 2/24? CS said Maddie just wanted to confirm SS was coming to her party the next day but for some reason. afterwards SS was acting strange and tense and but wouldn’t tell them what was wrong except he really needed to find his medications. It seems like that this the day he chose to remove his hard-drive from his computers too and put them info storage. It seems suspicious and odd to me and I wonder if there is any way for police to retrace all his communications and transactions that took place then.

Like others said, what happened to Maddie’s money and where does SS’ money come from? He doesn’t have insurance so presumably he pays for his meds out of pocket, he orders packages of video games, and I assume he can afford gas for his car and the vapes he bought at the shop.

Yet, he doesn’t have a job and CS, JS, JS’ mom, one of JS’ roommates and JS’ friends all states to police that not only did he not have a job but he also doesn’t have any money either. Maddie also told her therapist and a friend that he doesn’t do anything useful around the house but he still their money and eats their food. Considering that he steals from his own parents it makes sense that Maddie and JS consider him responsible for Maddie’s Christmas money too. It makes sense also why they would count her birthday money considering they have to account for every penny with a their in their house.

What doesn’t make sense is that he could make 30k at Disney and still not contribute at all to $400-600 worth of rent? It doesn’t make sense that according to C.S. and Angelique SS could get upset that JS was kicking him out last November/December. She told them he was a bad partner who didn’t want to work and she, like his parents, was tired of supporting him. It sounds like Maddie was tired of his presence too.

However, for someone without a job he sure seems entitled to the money other people worked for or were gifted. And for someone who doesn’t pay rent he acts like it is privilege for JS, Maddie and his parents to have him he even live with them. It seems like he told JS the same lie he has already been telling his parents about getting a job at Disney.

However, if Disney is not source of income than what is? I truly hope he hasn’t been selling any explicit pictures of Maddie or any other victims. Already he seems to have exploited every aspect of her life and person even though he had no right to it or her.

Also, how was he planning on getting his hands on sevoflurane and who was he going to illegally use it on and why?

Does immunity go away if she lies during the questioning? I hope LE had a really, really compelling reason for offering her DUI. It’s hard to stomach that she is slipping through the cracks.
Yes, the DUI is fractured if JS lies. They know she lied and/or was previously inconsistent in her statements to LE and the DUI was her chance at a "do-over," providing she's honest from this point forward. JMO

II wonder if there is any way for police to retrace all his communications and transactions that took place then.
I think they can, just the same way they got Stephans.
Maddie also told her therapist and a friend that he doesn’t do anything useful around the house but he still their money and eats their food.
That sounds like they didnt find the Christmas money after all. Cant ask Maddi if she ever got it back.

They're super melodramatic lyrics that would appeal to teens a lot (but I like Lana too).
(Ok I’m behind so bare with me) but
Lana Del Rey releasing her Born To Die album my freshman year of high school shaped my psyche considerably (LMAO). :p

Just a bit of levity to the thread.

I see so much in common with this sweet girl. She should be enjoying her teenage years just like we all did, listening to melodramatic songs, diy cutting bangs, and wearing colored skinny jeans (it seems to span generations, lol). I’m so sad for her and how so many failed to protect her.

wearing colored skinny jeans (it seems to span generations, lol). I’m so sad for her and how so many failed to protect her.
snipped

So true! My GenX generation cut along the outer seam of jeans to tighten them and then secured the seam with a bunch of safety pins. So edgy, lol.

Like posted above, I do wonder about him acting nervous before the birthday and I'm wondering if this crime was planned. Perhaps the original plan was to leave her at the church but that was thwarted (too many people around, for example). For some reason I've been hoping it wasn't planned, as if that makes it better?

I also think he was stealing from whatever source he could steal from, and that might include from Maddie's actual money and via photos of her. I really hope NOT but SS and JS have done nothing to assure me that Maddie was cared for other than on a surface level. She might have been a source of income until she wasn't. idk.

jmo

I wonder if LE know what was said on the phone between Maddie and SS on the 2/24? CS said Maddie just wanted to confirm SS was coming to her party the next day but for some reason. afterwards SS was acting strange and tense and but wouldn’t tell them what was wrong except he really needed to find his medications. It seems like that this the day he chose to remove his hard-drive from his computers too and put them info storage. It seems suspicious and odd to me and I wonder if there is any way for police to retrace all his communications and transactions that took place then.
OMG! - It seems, he lost it completely because of M's call! It must have been verrry important to talk to JS (and MS?), but to pretend to everyone outside, that he was visiting, because the 2 adults wanted to get back together as a "residential community". All this MUST have been discussed before M "disappeared" (died), IMO.

and wondering about SS' father stating SS 'inherited money'. when and from who? wasnt followed up on. maybe the grandfather (the rolex watch story) and SS received money. as of his arrest, the form he filled out, he was indigent. no money. only the car in his name was listed, $4k. his father also said the bank account SS had that he knew because he set it up for him, Chase, he had no money in it for a long time. but he had another account with Disney Partners Credit but he father said he has no idea whats in it.

If Jen is to be believed. I'm kinda thinking she was covering for him. No proof, just a hunch.

jmo
I agree. the only person that can confirm it is deceased. JS and SS are liars. for the subject to be brought up during this interview IMO points to texts exchanged. she volunteered that the money was found, she wasnt asked what the outcome was yet...WJ then said he was going to ask how it ended....

wondering if this information they had included a conclusion (found the money) exchange, or she just said that because it cannot be verified.

and wondering about SS' father stating SS 'inherited money'. when and from who? wasnt followed up on. maybe the grandfather (the rolex watch story) and SS received money. as of his arrest, the form he filled out, he was indigent. no money. only the car in his name was listed, $4k. his father also said the bank account SS had that he knew because he set it up for him, Chase, he had no money in it for a long time. but he had another account with Disney Partners Credit but he father said he has no idea whats in it.
It is possible SS inherited money by means of a trust meaning he doesn't control it, a trustee does, depending on the terms of such a trust he may only receive a set distribution once per quarter or per year. There could be many reasons such funds might not be considered "available" to him to use for attorneys fees. JMO IME

I agree. the only person that can confirm it is deceased. JS and SS are liars. for the subject to be brought up during this interview IMO points to texts exchanged. she volunteered that the money was found, she wasnt asked what the outcome was yet...WJ then said he was going to ask how it ended....

wondering if this information they had included a conclusion (found the money) exchange, or she just said that because it cannot be verified.
I thought it may have been put back also . If it was gone and only a few people live there the money didnt walk away on its own. so she either misplaced it for a time, and found it or maybe someone put it back? The fact that she told her teacher he stole money makes me wonder what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor