Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's safe to say that SS's defense strategy is likely going to be SODDI and the third party they will likely point toward is JS.

To get ahead of the defense, the DA already knows that JS was less than truthful with LE in her earlier interviews. If we found the discrepancies -- you know LE did too. At a minimum, JS could be charged with a misdemeanor for inconsistencies during the investigation.

The State does not want to be in the position of JS being deposed or called as a defense witness where the obvious question before the minds of the jury will be to wonder why the witness, mother of the child, was not prosecuted for lying to police during the investigation.

Granting JS Definitive Use Immunity is also known as the State making a deal with the devil to protect the State's prosecution and conviction of SS for murdering MS.

In other words, if the State doesn't call JS as their witness, the defense certainly will and by giving JS Definitive Use Immunity, they gave her a clean slate, a do-over, to get her answers right this time. Answers that do not align with SS's answers as they did during the missing person investigation. JMO
What is SODDI?

I've said this before, but I've now listened to that interview several times with commentary by various youtube creators, and none of the questions asked of her were gratuitous.

They knew they had limited time--her lawyer made sure of that--so they were not going to waste any of it
on unimportant things.

ETA: The first time I heard it I was all "where did THAT come from?" when the subject of SS stealing Maddie's Christmas money came up. But these are experienced professionals. There was something behind that question.

IMO of course.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I can go back and check too, but someone might remember) - didn't money that came out of nowhere come up with the interview with SS's parents? I seem to recall the parents were asked at some point where some money came from that SS had, and the dad said he had no idea.

Could that be Maddie's Christmas money? And JS saying "they found it later" was a lie?

idk

jmo

Or, just keep supplies on hand in case they are needed. Why not stored in the bathroom cabinet with the toilet paper, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc., like other households inhabited by girls?

(Not directed at you AppleTreeGreen, just in general)
and in that picture that I posted of their bathroom, they had plenty of supplies. Instead of tracking her cycle, she could have bought her a little discreet case to keep in her locker. This is just another convenient story. They both seem to have an answer for everything. Reminds me of those water wiggler toys that you can never really hang on to, when you grab on to it, it slips out of your hands.
It's been a while since I've been in JR High but we used to have machines that dispensed supplies if you needed them, maybe they don't do that anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I can go back and check too, but someone might remember) - didn't money that came out of nowhere come up with the interview with SS's parents? I seem to recall the parents were asked at some point where some money came from that SS had, and the dad said he had no idea.

Could that be Maddie's Christmas money? And JS saying "they found it later" was a lie?

idk

jmo
If I recall correctly they also said they had a Rolex missing. I'd have to listen again too.

idk

jmo
I'm re-listening to the interview w/ SS's parents and the money reference wasn't as specific as I remember, but basically the dad told SS to move back home because the dad wasn't going to pay rent for Room 4 in the townhouse anymore. SS repeatedly asked the dad for money, yet SS had money for packages to be sent to him and the dad had no idea where the money came from. He also mentions that SS made $30K from his Disney job and couldn't support himself on that amount.

Seems that SS spent Thanksgiving with JS and there was one other visit between Thanksgiving and Maddie's birthday. Could it have been Christmas?

I don't have the evidence, but I'm suspicious about what happened with Maddie's gift money. imo

jmo

ETA: Later in the same interview the dad said SS spent Thanksgiving with them (the parents) and Christmas with Jen.

Last edited:
I'm re-listening to the interview w/ SS's parents and the money reference wasn't as specific as I remember, but basically the dad told SS to move back home because the dad wasn't going to pay rent for Room 4 in the townhouse anymore. SS repeatedly asked the dad for money, yet SS had money for packages to be sent to him and the dad had no idea where the money came from. He also mentions that SS made $30K from his Disney job and couldn't support himself on that amount.

Snipped and bolded for focus

And yet in the interview with JS just released, she says she told SS in October that he needed to move out by December 1.

So many discrepancies hurt my head

After more pondering.

I find it difficult to believe that JS ever asked SS to move out.
Me too, I think it was more like Daddy cut him off.
I'm re-listening to the interview w/ SS's parents and the money reference wasn't as specific as I remember, but basically the dad told SS to move back home because the dad wasn't going to pay rent for Room 4 in the townhouse anymore. SS repeatedly asked the dad for money, yet SS had money for packages to be sent to him and the dad had no idea where the money came from.

I don't have the evidence, but I'm suspicious about what happened with Maddie's gift money. imo

jmo
when his dad asked him where he was getting money from for the packages he told his dad he had savings. If he cant pay his own rent how did he have savings ?? so maybe there's something to the Christmas money missing ? This was happening when he moved back to north port (DEC) That would be about as pathetic as it gets.

Last edited:
Another thing that struck me about the interview: the questioners had moved on when she stopped them to retell the story of SS accidentally doing a factory reset of his phone.

She answered a question that hadn't even been asked, IIRC.
yes! why was it so important for her to slide that info in, they did not ask her.

WJ: So was that the plan, to get her together, or was it ever discussed that he would get her alone?
JS: The plan was for us to get her together
WJ: Okay. Alright. So does he leave before you leave
JS: Uhhh.. Actually, before this, while we were still discussing—while we were having the conversation in my room, he did mention at one point, oh, while he was sitting there, that he had to reboot his phone or that he had to update his phone.
WJ: Mhm.
JS: And, I told him, "Stop avoiding it. Do it. It's an update, it'll take a while, just do it." And while he was updating his phone, he said, "I don't know what I did, but I--I just factory reset my phone."
JS: I said, "That's weird. I didn’t know you could do that." He said, "Yeah, a button popped up and I pressed it, and it just reset my entire phone." And I'm like, "Oh, that sucks." Um.

isnt it amazing how JS can relay every single conversation with SS without a hiccup. yet with Madeline, there are no particulars with any information concerning her whopping 30 minutes with her other than birthday money talk and 'she thinks a few trinkets', Madeline is happy and thats it. (no movie and no singing story in this interview.)

Yes, Pru, and you can bet those detectives in the room were taking note.

So sick that she is still trying to cover for him when by this time she had been shown photo proof of the abuse he had inflicted on Madeline.
and this: why the big interruption by her attorney concerning the question when SS got there. in prior interview(s) she said about 10 minutes after Madeline got home. now its "I dont know". and a call or text from him, 'she doesnt remember'. which, IMO, is significant why his arrival time and contact with her is being avoided.

WJ: And was it your understanding from your sister that she had gotten dropped off about 8:30, she being Madeline?
JS: 8:30-8:45, something around that time, yeah.
WJ: And what's your understanding as to when Stephan had gotten there.
JS: Deep sigh...
WJ: If you know? If you don't, don't guess; it's fine.
MB: Actually, while he's saying that, this is important. So there’s things that you might think should be a certain way because that's just the way things go, um, but don’t just guess based on past history that it's the same as what happened on that particular day. If you don't know, you don't know.
JS: Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what time he-he got there.
WJ: Okay. You were at work, so I just didn't know if sometimes families check in, "Hey, I made it," by text or by phone call or anything like that. Do you not remember any of that?
JS: I don't remember.

yes! why was it so important for her to slide that info in, they did not ask her.

WJ: So was that the plan, to get her together, or was it ever discussed that he would get her alone?
JS: The plan was for us to get her together
WJ: Okay. Alright. So does he leave before you leave
JS: Uhhh.. Actually, before this, while we were still discussing—while we were having the conversation in my room, he did mention at one point, oh, while he was sitting there, that he had to reboot his phone or that he had to update his phone.
JS: And, I told him, "Stop avoiding it. Do it. It's an update, it'll take a while, just do it." And while he was updating his phone, he said, "I don't know what I did, but I--I just factory reset my phone."
JS: I said, "That's weird. I didn’t know you could do that." He said, "Yeah, a button popped up and I pressed it, and it just reset my entire phone." And I'm like, "Oh, that sucks." Um.

isnt it amazing how JS can relay every single conversation with SS without a hiccup. yet with Madeline, there are no particulars with any information concerning her whopping 30 minutes with her other than birthday money talk and 'she thinks a few trinkets', Madeline is happy and thats it. (no movie and no singing story in this interview.)
Lies are often vague imo. Less to remember later. Moo - she’s lying a lot and a lot by omission. Moooo

and this: why the big interruption by her attorney concerning the question when SS got there. in prior interview(s) she said about 10 minutes after Madeline got home. now its "I dont know". and a call or text from him, 'she doesnt remember'. which, IMO, is significant why his arrival time and contact with her is being avoided.

WJ: And was it your understanding from your sister that she had gotten dropped off about 8:30, she being Madeline?
JS: 8:30-8:45, something around that time, yeah.
WJ: And what's your understanding as to when Stephan had gotten there.
JS: Deep sigh...
WJ: If you know? If you don't, don't guess; it's fine.
MB: Actually, while he's saying that, this is important. So there’s things that you might think should be a certain way because that's just the way things go, um, but don’t just guess based on past history that it's the same as what happened on that particular day. If you don't know, you don't know.
JS: Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what time he-he got there.
WJ: Okay. You were at work, so I just didn't know if sometimes families check in, "Hey, I made it," by text or by phone call or anything like that. Do you not remember any of that?
JS: I don't remember.
“Do you not remember…”? Makes me think they know someone checked in via text. Many isn’t she sure? I wonder if something in the answer implicates her in some way? She knew he was to come help with Ms so why clam up over his arrival time?? According to her that was planned. He would come stay and help with her. Something about her answers and lack of answers (“idk”) etc makes me think she is sooo very guilty. Of what? Not sure. But at a minimum I think she and he concocted this missing story and she knows the truth is going to screw her. Mooo

idk

jmo
you have a good memory! yes, the dad was referring to packages after SS came back and he (dad) didnt know where the money was coming from for those packages and his 'expensive toys'. parents go on to say the rolex is missing (his mother's father's) and the Omega watch. father says SS inherited some money (doesnt say when or from who) and SS impulsively went out and bought the $7,000 Omega watch and he thinks he sold one or both watches.

“Do you not remember…”? Makes me think they know someone checked in via text. Many isn’t she sure? I wonder if something in the answer implicates her in some way? She knew he was to come help with Ms so why clam up over his arrival time?? According to her that was planned. He would come stay and help with her. Something about her answers and lack of answers (“idk”) etc makes me think she is sooo very guilty. Of what? Not sure. But at a minimum I think she and he concocted this missing story and she knows the truth is going to screw her. Mooo
yes, it was interesting how that was phrased. but his arrival time was an issue for JS and SS from the very beginning of this case once the doc interviews were released.

he didnt want to say....he said the weekend. then he was asked what day.....he paused and did the 'oh yeah, it was Sunday, it was Madeline's birthday' and blah blah. when JS is asked, it varies: this answer: I dont remember in the docs released.

then there is chatty cheerful JS in the LE vehicle on the way to the presser with this explanation: he wasnt at the party, she says he was on his way during the party and arrived sunday nite, 'she thinks' about 10 minutes after Madeline got home. and describes all about what his role was for Madeline that nite and goes on about Madeline singing and all 3 of them watching SisterAct, but not the whole thing. <-----singing and the movie are no longer part of her last time she saw Madeline narrative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back