CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people are very anxious about these 2 criminals being caught.
Imagine how they are now feeling.
No amount of game playing, training could have prepared them for what they are now encountering.
Surely when they hear "POLICE. STOP", they will 'give up' peacefully, as they realize death is not what they want.

These images are the clearest I've seen and do match up with the mysterious video that was posted earlier this evening IMO.

I'm watching that video now and the two buildings in it are kind of angled towards each other. There are also lots of trees in behind them. None of those buildings in the photo line up with the video ...to me. That's just what I am seeing. I'm not going to assume one way or the other. Just expressing my thoughts on it.

Edit: I am also very tired and words are starting come out in strange strings of non-sense so I tried to fix that a little.

Dont think theyd really have to 'bushwhack' though. Its no trail but its kept somewhat clear for access and stuff. Not sure about the scrag either but idk, maybe they picked a rise or dry spot (do dry spots exist up there right now lol) for the pylons.

Maybe Im just looking for the "fun" answer because "they did something totally un-interesting and just happened by luck to not be seen" seems anti-climatic after more than a week of this lol

Also its just, super direct so maybe subconsciously thats making me think it would be easier than it would be. tried to find some pics of the lines in hat area to get some idea but not much luck
For them to travel from where the RAV4 was burnt out east of Gillam all the way backwards and south around Split lake to York landing which is approx. 200 km by road..... And by not taking the road in The Fairy and going south around the lake would definitely be bushwhacking through hell. And I might be 200 kilometers but it's 200 km a bush, brush,Thicket, Skaggs, bugs, and Wildlife some of which could eat you. That's what I was talking about before :)

if anyone can find that video again (taken down from anywhere ive checked) should post it.
I know I know
but Im actually just trying to get a closer look at york landing. Ive already told myself the videographer was just excited/confused

It's still on that news site someone mentioned earlier. At least a bit of it is. It's mixed in with the reporter talking but you can still view it....or it was an hour or so ago. I lost connection for a bit.

ETA: I know the site isn't very credible but the footage shown is part the video from earlier(original was longer by maybe 10 seconds or so).

Dont think theyd really have to 'bushwhack' though. Its no trail but its kept somewhat clear for access and stuff. Not sure about the scrag either but idk, maybe they picked a rise or dry spot (do dry spots exist up there right now lol) for the pylons.

Maybe Im just looking for the "fun" answer because "they did something totally un-interesting and just happened by luck to not be seen" seems anti-climatic after more than a week of this lol

Also its just, super direct so maybe subconsciously thats making me think it would be easier than it would be. tried to find some pics of the lines in hat area to get some idea but not much luck
All thanks for the image of the hydro line. I miss that part so I got a bit confused. So yeah they could have walked at it wouldn't have been so skaggy and swampy.
Walking that line make sense.
Thanks for posting it

For them to travel from where the RAV4 was burnt out east of Gillam all the way backwards and south around Split lake to York landing which is approx. 200 km by road..... And by not taking the road in The Fairy and going south around the lake would definitely be bushwhacking through hell. And I might be 200 kilometers but it's 200 km a bush, brush,Thicket, Skaggs, bugs, and Wildlife some of which could eat you. That's what I was talking about before :)

taking the route I outlined itd be alot closer to 100km than 200km. Its a more direct route then the road by alot and they wouldnt have to use the ferry (which cost money they may not have and would include a huge risk of getting caught)

Also dont worry im not trying to convince you, Im not convinced myself! just kinda spitballin tryna figure things out while we wait

Without knowing what those lines might look like right now its just guesswork

taking the route I outlined itd be alot closer to 100km than 200km. Its a more direct route then the road by alot and they wouldnt have to use the ferry (which cost money they may not have and would include a huge risk of getting caught)

Also dont worry im not trying to convince you, Im not convinced myself! just kinda spitballin tryna figure things out while we wait
Haha you have me convinced though. Guess you're living up to your name :)

Being that these were Vancouver Island boys (and being a Vancouver Islander born and bred myself) ferries would be second nature to them. It’s the only way (short of flying) we can get off our island, so all island residents are well versed in ferries. I am sure they would have taken the ferry from Split Lake to York Landing, instead of bushwhacking. They may have even found a way to sneak on so they weren’t seen.

That is a great interview. It's heartbreaking the amount of stress and fear this manhunt must be putting on the communities. Not just the disruption of daily life, I'm sure there are questions, rumors, and possibly distrust, that neighbors are having to deal with. It has got to be particularly hard for families with children, elderly persons who may be living alone, etc. (edit, spelling)

Yes, it must be absolutely awful for the people in the community. I doubt that they even have locks on their doors, or if there was a lock at one time, the keys have never been used and are long gone.

Being that these were Vancouver Island boys (and being a Vancouver Islander born and bred myself) ferries would be second nature to them. It’s the only way (short of flying) we can get off our island, so all island residents are well versed in ferries. I am sure they would have taken the ferry from Split Lake to York Landing, instead of bushwhacking.
Yes or took the hydro line down into York Landing just as WS sleuth3000 stated.

makes sense *in theory* but without a pic or description from someone in N canada what they might look like, hell could be a relatively easy stroll, could be a thorny marsh impossible to traverse reallly dont know.

that otto mapping guy was asking me about the winter road system and when I was looking just happened to notice it and seemed such a perfect direct route
I mean the line starts RIGHT where they left the rav. Like RIGHT there. They were prolly almost under it getting out the car lol.

This theory is fun but I think walking along the road or hitching more likely

Esp with the comment about ferries being second nature, hadnt considered they might feel more at ease there than i would

Nine News Sydney‏Verified account @9NewsSyd
Canadian authorities are tonight closing in on the teen fugitives wanted for murdering Australian Lucas Fowler, his American girlfriend and a University Professor from Vancouver. @LexiDaish #9News
#9News
9 News Sydney, nightly at 6.00pm.
1:10 AM - 29 Jul 2019 pst

ETA: @ 16 seconds/1:26 embedded video news clip, Nine news is also showing a few seconds of the talked about "swat police action" shown earlier -- although it's silent and reporter makes no comment on it.

Last edited:
makes sense *in theory* but without a pic or description from someone in N canada what they might look like, hell could be a relatively easy stroll, could be a thorny marsh impossible to traverse reallly dont know.

that otto mapping guy was asking me about the winter road system and when I was looking just happened to notice it and seemed such a perfect direct route
I mean the line starts RIGHT where they left the rav. Like RIGHT there. They were prolly almost under it getting out the car lol.

This theory is fun but I think walking along the road or hitching more likely
Winter roads are just that used in the winter time. And the reason they can only be used in the winter time is the muskeg freezes up then you can drive on them.
It is summertime you can't drive on them cuz it's muskeg and swamp. Walking on some of that it's just like walking on chunky quicksand flosting Moss and you just sink and can't get out. Easy to bust the ankle or knee or leg. Or get stuck and drown.
So a winter road is just that .it's.. a trail through the muskeg that's frozen over that you can drive on in the winter.

Winter roads are just that used in the winter time. And the reason they can only be used in the winter time is the muskeg freezes up then you can drive on them.
It is summertime you can't drive on them cuz it's muskeg and swamp. Walking on some of that it's just like walking on chunky quicksand flosting Moss and you just sink and can't get out. Easy to bust the ankle or knee or leg. Or get stuck and drown.
So a winter road is just that .it's.. a trail through the muskeg that's frozen over that you can drive on in the winter.

I meant I noticed the hydro lines when I was already looking at the map per someone request about the winter roads.
I'm not suggesting they used the winter roads for any real period of time. In addition to them being nigh impassable, they dont go anywhere. One from york goes to ilford then, no where. Could have used a combo of roads/trails, traintracks, and hydro lines but that seems even less likely
Found a few spots with decent zoom. Likely wet but I think doable. Definitely looks way clearer than anything around it by alot.

That said I'm leaning ferry now I think lol

Attachments

• doable.jpg
    doable.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 25
  • JustAnIdea.jpg
    JustAnIdea.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 21
  • hydrolinewalk.jpg
    hydrolinewalk.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Start-finish.jpg
    Start-finish.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 23
I meant I noticed the hydro lines when I was already looking at the map per someone request about the winter roads. Found a few spots with decent zoom. Likely wet but I think doable. Definitely looks way clearer than anything around it by alot.

That said I'm leaning ferry now I think lol
Ha ... You got me thinking your theory was better than my theory and now you're thinking about changing your mind? I guess this whole situation this whole case has been like that all the way along. Anybody's guess is as good as another.

Reactions: Dre
Many people are very anxious about these 2 criminals being caught.
Imagine how they are now feeling.
No amount of game playing, training could have prepared them for what they are now encountering.
Surely when they hear "POLICE. STOP", they will 'give up' peacefully, as they realize death is not what they want.

I'd have caved a long time ago. I love my comforts, a warm robe and slippers, some yummy food, clean sheets. No bugs either.

Ha ... You got me thinking your theory was better than my theory and now you're thinking about changing your mind? I guess this whole situation this whole case has been like that all the way along. Anybody's guess is as good as another.

cant change a mind not made up ;)

anyway I was just trying to establish possibility (was mostly curious if they could walk it in time they had) and I think I did. once you get to probability it doesnt do so well.
I mean, it looks like a nice straight direct route on the map but
-route to where? I guess where they are now but for it to be a 'direct route' that would appeal to them, wouldnt that mean they were headed to york? Nothing really else that way, except thompson in another 100 something miles lol
-looks nice on a map but would it have looked like that to them standing there? Or would it have looked like walking off the edge of the earth with little to no supplies? It is pretty clear most of the way, but if its impassable anywhere its in the first 15km

damn suns coming up, howd that happen?? lol Ima try to go to bed before it breaks the horizon. Hopefully I wake up and its all over

Last edited:
cant change a mind not made up ;)

anyway I was just trying to establish possibility and I think I did. once you get to probability it doesnt do so well.
I mean, it looks like a nice straight direct route on the map but
-route to where? for it to be a 'direct route' wouldnt that mean they were headed to york? Nothing really that way, except thompson in another 100 something miles lol
-looks nice on a map but would it have looked like that to them standing there? Or would it have looked like walking off the edge of the earth with little to no supplies? It is pretty clear most of the way, but if its impassable anywhere its in the first 15km

damn suns coming up, howd that happen?? lol Ima try to go to bed before it breaks the horizon. Hopefully I wake up and its all over

That just prompted me to pay attention to the time and hey, look at that 2:47am....oops!
I think I'm up for the night. It's going to a long day tomorrow.

If it's kept somewhat clear for access, who keeps it clear and how do they get there with their equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18