CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to consider, First Nations communities and reserves are the private property of their people. Without their full cooperation with the RCMP, search efforts would potentially become very complicated. I don’t see this as a “we versus they” situation at all. I think the RCMP and First Nations are doing a commendable job working together to achieve the same end goal - to capture the suspects and meanwhile ensure everyone else is safe.

Bear Clan Patrol working with RCMP, First Nations in hunt for homicide suspects - APTN News
“...Half a dozen Bear Clan members flew to Gillam Friday “as ambassadors” to check on the well-being of residents in the nearby First Nations of Fox Lake, York Factory and War Lake, as part of a safety strategy devised by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs (AMC).

“We are very concerned for the safety of the people in our northern communities,” acting Grand Chief Sheldon Kent said in a release.

“The AMC wants to ensure that our people are vigilant and exercise caution until these fugitives are apprehended.”

Kent noted AMC was “co-operating fully” with the RCMP to “bring these young men into custody.”...”
This is helpful. I had understood they were patrolling, and patrolling specifically for two murderers without being armed makes no sense to me. I did not realize they were just ambassadors basically just checking in on their people.

it's not like they were under martial law to stay inside

Like I said.. I’m not sure what the lockdown or whatever they are calling it entails.

For all we know the two guys in the landfill didn’t recognize the truck patrol and panicked (because of the murderers on the loose). Or they were not supposed to be picking though the garbage.

Seems to me the patrol is unarmed so it may not be that intimidating to run away from them (at that point anyway). Without starting a debate it is also possible that some residents don’t trust the patrol either.

Can you provide the link to this statement by RCMP please? As the RCMP stating that there is no doubt they were involved is news to me!
Check earlier posts for the July 25 article.

Two men were spotted near the dump. The description matched the suspects. It was unusual that two men were at the dump because everyone knows that's where the bears are. They did a head check and no one who was supposed to be at York Landing was at the dump - everyone was accounted for.

A head count?

According to Wikipedia York Landing has a population of 464 and it consists of 123 dwellings. Is it possible that a couple of residents were out at the dump getting rid of something they shouldn't be disposing of, or possibly rooting around for some useful stuff - a piece of discarded furniture or something - and when they saw the FN truck they hightailed it into the bush, thinking they might get fingered for breaking the local dump rules? I hope the sighting was really of the fugitives but there is the question of the how they traversed the water as well as the fact of that railway from Churchill to Winnipeg, right through Gillam. A passenger train at least once a week, according to the VIA Rail schedule at Winnipeg-Churchill - Train Schedules and definitely freight trains as well carrying goods to those isolated communities at other times. Looks like a bit of a twist and turn on the tracks near Gillam - perfect for hooking a ride.

I’ve seen discussion and anger about the dad’s interview where he broke down crying and saying he failed his son. There’s been much disdain about his saying his son wants to go down in a blaze of glory. Did the dad actually say that?? Or was it the person who wrote the article?

View attachment 195553
Who are Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky? What we know about the suspects in northern B.C. deaths
It’s in quotes, and matches other things they quoted him saying. So yes, I believe he said it.

The timeline is not puzzling. They left Port Alberni on July 12, probably late morning or afternoon. They may have stayed in Alberta one night.

They were driving to Yukon via Alaska Highway during the night of July 14, and came across the blue van.

Lucas Fowler's dad is a police chief from Sydney. He thought the murders were much more than a simple robbery attempt gone wrong, so he made an assumption.

RCMP probably shared with him actual evidence, and he has not made any comments saying these two teens couldn't have murdered his son.

I think it's possible that they stopped in Whitehorse between the Liard Hot Springs murders and the Dease Lake murder between July 15 and July 18. By then the Liard Hot Springs murders were on the news, victims identified.

The suspects panicked, and July 19 their truck was burned and another body was found. If they'd kept their cool, they might never have been connected with the murders (?)

upload_2019-7-28_23-21-17.png

Are you implying that you have accessed all/most of the mental health services (both public and private) within multiple cities in each Canadian province? JW since you generalized that all mental health services within Canada are sub-standard and lacking/incapable of providing beneficial information/services to citizens.
I live in BC. I have struggled with mental health issues including addiction for almost 30 years. I was in denial and opposed to help for about 20 years. When I admitted to needing help and actually wanted help and finally accepted help, I tried everything. I paid privately for high end psychologists, psychiatrists, and treatment. None if it worked. None of these people could relate to me or understand what I was going through. They felt cold and uncaring. Book smart but no life experience. Total disconnect. The best help I found was free counselling at my local community services organization and a treatment facility that was covered by government funding. Saved my life. Gave me tools to continue to live happily and productively. I will be five years clean, sober, and healthy this August. There is good help out there but you have to want it and not give up if you don’t find the right fit for you right away.

I assume this will eventually be deleted as it is off topic but in the meantime maybe it will help someone.

That’s not what the gentleman from the Bear Clan Patrol told Global news in his interview, although it doesn’t affect the outcome. If anyone wants to know what the Bear Clan gentleman said, check the interview.

That's just a summary of the updates that I remember from this evening.

Personally, I believe the Bear Clan sighting were the suspects. One thing to keep in mind is that a couple of tall, white men would stick out up in York Landing. Not saying there's no other white guys up there, but I'm pretty certain Bear Clan members would know the difference between locals and the suspects.

According to Wikipedia York Landing has a population of 464 and it consists of 123 dwellings. Is it possible that a couple of residents were out at the dump getting rid of something they shouldn't be disposing of, or possibly rooting around for some useful stuff - a piece of discarded furniture or something - and when they saw the FN truck they hightailed it into the bush, thinking they might get fingered for breaking the local dump rules? I hope the sighting was really of the fugitives but there is the question of the how they traversed the water as well as the fact of that railway from Churchill to Winnipeg, right through Gillam. A passenger train at least once a week, according to the VIA Rail schedule at Winnipeg-Churchill - Train Schedules and definitely freight trains as well carrying goods to those isolated communities at other times. Looks like a bit of a twist and turn on the tracks near Gillam - perfect for hooking a ride.
I very much doubt there’s 2 unknown people who fit their description in the area. Two tall white teens would for sure be noticed out there.

I sure hope RCMP can confirm the York Landing sighting was in fact the suspects.

I think it was mentioned that the town was on some sort of lockdown for the past 24? hours. Not sure what that exactly entails. So if witnesses reported seeing two guys at the landfill (or wherever they first came across them) to the patrol then for one, these witnesses were not abiding by the 24 hour lockdown but possibly neither were the two persons (possibly residents) spotted near the dump which could be why they scattered.

No, that's not the way it happened.

According to live radio interview I heard (Global News with James Favel, Exec Director of Bear Clan Patrol), there was a problem at the sewage plant and mechanical contractors were on site today performing maintenance.

Clan Patrol were traveling in a vehicle and as they approached the landfill (dump), they could see a couple individuals. Not initially alarmed, they thought it was contractor personnel. However, as they were getting closer to the dump and individuals, they saw no contractor company vehicle at the dump. As soon as the individuals saw the Patrol vehicle, they ran towards the tree line and out of sight of the Patrol.

Patrol did not pursue. They immediately contacted 911/RCMP who arrived York Landing in about 20 minutes or less!

MOO / recollection of live radio call.

For all we know the two guys in the landfill didn’t recognize the truck patrol and panicked (because of the murderers on the loose). Or they were not supposed to be picking though the garbage.
SBM

I would be really surprised if this was the case. In addition to them wearing the same clothes and matching the description, the fact they were 2 random tall, skinny white guys in a rural First Nations area also seems indicative of the fact they are not spooked locals.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member