Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, just google #vanlife on SM sites to see how people are living in vans; it's having its moment, sort of an off-shoot of the tiny house movement. Just this Sunday I was at the beach and overheard a teenager telling her friend that as soon as she graduated, she was going to get a van and spend every day parking and living at the beach. So no, I don't think it's strange at all that a young couple would feel comfortable sleeping in the van, and in fact, I agree with you that it was bought with sleeping in mind.
Maybe they wanted to sit put and see the northern lights?
Alaska Highway I - AARoads

AARoads

IKR? Maybe they weren't really socialized enough in the real world to do that.
Or, quite possibly the witness got over-excited about having seen the two boys he later recognized on the news or in the paper and got a bit confused. That’s why many of us make less than perfect witnesses and why witness testimony is always considered less important than physical evidence. Our memories aren’t perfect.

It might help you to go back and listen to the Press Briefing (2nd one - one that had the cat ears filter on FB which was posted on this thread last night and is on you tube) and the very precise and carefully chosen language used by RCMP.

Its actually stunning to go back and listen to the 2nd and 3rd Press Briefings again and think about what was being said by the RCMP and giving consideration to how the words used would be processed by the traveling public and local residents in terms of decisions they made to travel in the area.

For my money I think these 2 RCMP Press Briefings will be studied in great detail and used as examples of how NOT to handle a public safety announcement of a violent crime. Would the Professor have been taking a nap in his vehicle if he had known about the potential of 2 gun toting individuals coming upon him? We will never know unfortunately.

People rely on LE for safety advice and if you can't trust local LE to give you a 'heads up' on the risks of traveling in an area then I'm not sure who you can trust as a foreigner?

As a non Canadian this entire experience of seeing RCMP in action on a clear public safety issue has been eye opening and sobering. Further, my thoughts on the organization in terms of the quality and the reliability of its travel and safety alerts in particular is something that I don't think I will ever forget. If the RCMP were to made a future statement about the handling of the early communication on the Deese/Fowler case and take responsbility then my thoughts might change.

IMO in the early days of the case the RCMP appeared fixated on precise victim ID and notification of next of kin and public safety was totally a backseat issue until questions were raised by the press and the Aussie announcement was made global. The second Press Briefing makes clear that RCMP didn't think that public safety was a concern. I really wonder how public safety would NOT be a consideration if gun casings were found and the scene and the victims bodies showed the obvious results of bullet wounds. It took the RCMP over 5 days to classify the crime as being related to 'gun violence'.

I think that the family of the deceased man will consider whether to initiate legal action against the RCMP for the way this was handled

I don't think it's strange at all that a young couple would feel comfortable sleeping in the van, and in fact, I agree with you that it was bought with sleeping in mind.

I don't think sleeping in the van would be uncomfortable, obviously they had it for that reason.. so they could essentially live in it on their road trip. But I personally think it would be extremely uncomfortable sleeping in it on the side of a desolate highway in the night... Just seems like it would be kinda creepy out there in the middle of nowhere, in total darkness, in a broken down van where any weirdo(or bigfoot, I mean it is BC) could come across you... And unfortunately, some weirdo did. They must have been terrified.
jmo

Last edited:
That's my question too? If they supposedly killed l&c they didn't run across the country like they supposedly did after the murder of LD. They stayed in the area..... After the murder of LD they fled all the way across the country. Then they supposedly toldthe man in Cold Lake what their names were. Then they were sighted in a couple stores along the way to Gillam and videos have been taken of them . This just does not add up there's definitely a bunch of things missing that the police have not said to the public. All we're doing is taking a few pieces and trying to complete a puzzle with them. And I'll bet all of our theories are pretty much way off. :)

Every time I see that video it bothers me so much. They don’t even look like they are shopping. They look like they WANT to be seen on the video, like the next part of their plan was... be seen on video at point D. They look to have zero remorse or worry. And like they are executing a strategy.

He said it was pushed into a ditch and flames were almost touching the wires above. They were worried about it causing a forest fire. There’s a chance they somehow pulled it onto the dirt road area in an effort to prevent it catching bush around it on fire, but that detail just didn’t get mentioned on the article. Or it was tipped over to tow it out, then the picture of it on the roof was taken and shared.

I also wondered if RCMP were looking for a second VIN number for the RAV 4, I believe there is one VIN on the windshield drivers side, and at least one hidden underneath the car on the frame. Unsafe to crawl under, so had the wreckage flipped to read the number.

This encounter in Cold Lake just keeps getting more interesting. It seems to change with each interview. At first the witness said the encounter was ""They continued on their way after a short, unremarkable interaction," the police release read.""

And now in a new interview they were hanging out for 20 minutes shaking hands and chatting. So even that witness interview seems to be "evolving".

One report said the helping witness was visiting his brother and sister-in-law. And now there's one stating that he lives there.

Marking my spot and hoping they're found before a new thread.

Mainly I'm worried about people they might encounter.
Please stay safe and alert --anyone who is in the general area that this evil pair is hiding out at.... :(

If their goal is just to leave this earth, I wish they'd 'off' themselves alone, and leave everyone else out of it, including LE.

What's scary is how far these two seemed to have been able to travel in a short amount of time. If they've acquired another vehicle they could be anywhere.

This encounter in Cold Lake just keeps getting more interesting. It seems to change with each interview. At first the witness said the encounter was ""They continued on their way after a short, unremarkable interaction," the police release read.""

And now in a new interview they were hanging out for 20 minutes shaking hands and chatting. So even that witness interview seems to be "evolving".

Agreed!

Everything is getting more and more mixed up by the day. This is all very bizarre.

Every time I see that video it bothers me so much. They don’t even look like they are shopping. They look like they WANT to be seen on the video, like the next part of their plan was... be seen on video at point D. They look to have zero remorse or worry. And like they are executing a strategy.
I stated way back in Threads two or three or whatever that maybe the boys were not running but maybe they were leading the police to somewhere.
Because they burnt their vehicles, they seem to be very forward about being in videos and being seen.
And the witness that help them in Cold Lake said that they even gave him their full names.
So maybe the young guys are not on the Run but maybe leading the police on a wild-goose chase.

Just my opinion, but I thought they looked like they were trying to appear very nonchalant and casual. Some people have said it appears they might have been shoplifting. I think that's possible and they were just trying to look as normal as possible while aimlessly walking through the aisles while Bryer concealed something. Just speculation

Agreed, just google #vanlife on SM sites to see how people are living in vans; it's having its moment, sort of an off-shoot of the tiny house movement. Just this Sunday I was at the beach and overheard a teenager telling her friend that as soon as she graduated, she was going to get a van and spend every day parking and living at the beach. So no, I don't think it's strange at all that a young couple would feel comfortable sleeping in the van, and in fact, I agree with you that it was bought with sleeping in mind.

I don’t think anybody is questioning the fact their van was intended for sleeping. It was possible reasons why they chose to remain on the side of the highway for the night and if the 11:30pm encounter was a passerby wondering why as well. If the van’s engine was flooded that usually wouldn’t take a wait of many hours. But as Otto mentioned, being free spirits, possibly they just decided to stay there for the night.

I posted a link way back at the beginning to BC Highway Safety Regulations. It stated that disabled vehicles must be removed from the highway "forthwith," meaning immediately, for the safety of others. Lucas and Chynna have been described as "free spirits" and as such they probably thought that since they were in no hurry and they weren't bothering anyone, they could remain as long as they wanted. In reality, they needed to remove their vehicle as soon as they realized that the probem was more serious than a flooded engine.

Kind of hard to do when it doesn't run and who knows what cell service was like out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4