Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the camper shell is really not at the scene of the burned truck, but was on the vehicle when they left home, that could be very significant. The reason is, if not destroyed, it could have been left somewhere. Somewhere pretty well hidden, and thus a pretty good hide-out (if it's like a similar one I've been in, it'll work as a camper without the truck.)

I know this is one heck of a longshot due to them heading so far east, but it's enough to ask questions about, I think.

I just assumed the camper burned, as I said it was fiberglass. In the pic I posted below the green line it looks like fibrous material, the second pic has debris on a tarp, all items from the scene. Perhaps you don't see it as well because the police already removed what was left and it's on that tarp. We only get the images they want us to see.
I really think worrying about where the camper is, is wasted energy, I doubt they have set it aside, I doubt they have taken the time to hide it to go back to it. Sorry I just think it's worth moving on since they are several thousand kms away now. Presumably.

Not trying to be mean or anything just stating my opinion. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190730_172253.jpg
    20190730_172253.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 74
  • investigator.jpg
    investigator.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 74
Hi, first timer here, and very much appreciating this community of sleuths. I am just south of BC in Washington State (USA-the "other" WA) and have been following this case since the initial CBC broadcasts about the various missing people in BC. Having some knowledge of the incredibly difficult terrain the searchers have been covering, I am not surprised two young, fit, survivalist-minded teens have been able to evade detection for the past week or so. And before that? I am doubting they planned to go on a killing spree. I also think the bearded man seen with the couple was likely CM--seen at 11:30pm by a roadworker in passing, the beard and relative height in relation to LF may be the key details to focus on. Sounds like possibly an argument that escalated? Leading to the slaughter, and CM and BS being on the run? As for LD, maybe they wanted his vehicle--much more fuel efficient for a cross country drive, and not recognizable as belonging to them. They may not even be aware he is dead--he could have been badly injured when they took off, succumbed later. I just do not think it sounds like they intended to go on a killing spree--if so, wouldn't there be even more bodies? Sounds like now it has turned into a game of survival for them.
Welcome!

I don’t think the lack of more killings is a sign they didn’t intend on a killing spree.

Lots of things could have thrown a wrench in their plans.

That being said, I’m definitely open to the idea that the killing spree was a byproduct of achieving a goal, whatever it was.

Some sort of sick adventure maybe, one that needed funding.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed due to politicizing>

If local news announced a double murder South of Liard Hot Springs with Major Crimes Unit involvement on July 16, then local public was notified. What people do with that information is a personal choice.

I'm still curious whether Alaska had big signs and major announcements about the double murder on the Alaska highway. If not, then it's clear that the situation was handled the same by Canada and the USA. No reason to question police forces in either country. If the murders were not announced on local Alaska news station, then USA does less than Canada to inform the public about safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Bear Clan people have variously described the pair seen at the dump as "bolting" "staggering" "zig-zagging" and "scuffling" back into the woods.

I think the Bear Clan members meant well but got overly excited about who they thought they glimpsed. One report put the sighting at 40 yards away.

Given LE pulled out within 24 hours, it’s possible the two people sighted were local residents who came forward and that’s the reason the tip couldn’t be substantiated to pertain to the suspects. JMO

“RCMP is unable to substantiate the tip that the suspects had been in the area.”
Information update for July 30, 2019 - RCMP continues ongoing search for wanted suspects | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Exactly....they now seem to be grasping at straws. Time to pull out and stop using up our resources. If there is another tip...fine pursue it after making sure it is credible. The whole thing is becoming ridiculous...and so expensive. Meanwhile, the suspect are elsewhere or dead. IMO
Sad to hear the Mounties have given up. So the RCMP doesn't always get their man/men. I think these 2 are still alive and are just waiting it out and will likely take off to Ontario. If so I hope the OPP will get their man/men. I'm wondering since the RCMP said these 2 could have changed their appearance, couldn't they put out new photos of BS and KM say with shaved heads, KM without beard and mustache etc? JMO

Haha that's a great line about the master's degree!

I agree! I LOL

“I'm a fidgeter and kind of high strung. I like being around people who are calmer than me. If I'm around someone else who is nervous, we feed off each other and can get hysterical.”

Me too!

I've long thought they found something in each other that they felt they lacked at home. I think KM's homelife was very appealing to BS because it was so much more stable and nice than his own, and I wonder if KM's seemingly calmer personality is also something he relies on.

All MOO.
But Kam is not dark skinned.

And likely too tall.

My son is 6’5” and I notice it every time I see him. Tall men stand out.

That shows up as a "subscriber only" article so it's not viewable.
Strange as I'm not getting that error.

Quote from article:
"Nathan Neckoway, a member of the Tataskweyak Cree Nation, told the Global Newsthat they didn’t find any alcohol so let the pair go".

“We weren’t aware of their status, of them being wanted,” he said. “Apparently after they came to our community that’s when they sent out that wanted status.” [BBM]

"Last week, service station attendant Mychelle Keeper said McLeod paid for $20 worth of petrol but Schmegelsky asked casually whether he could consume alcohol in the dry community".

"The teens were named as suspects the following day".

I just assumed the camper burned, as I said it was fiberglass. In the pic I posted below the green line it looks like fibrous material, the second pic has debris on a tarp, all items from the scene. Perhaps you don't see it as well because the police already removed what was left and it's on that tarp. We only get the images they want us to see.
I really think worrying about where the camper is, is wasted energy, I doubt they have set it aside, I doubt they have taken the time to hide it to go back to it. Sorry I just think it's worth moving on since they are several thousand kms away now. Presumably.

In the front of the picture on the tarp, could the long white tubular things be the camper jacks that are used to stabilize a camper when in use? I would have to find the picture again to see if shows jacks.

They even told him their full, real names. They must have been confident at that point that they were not being chased as suspects yet? So perhaps had found ways to check on the news? I think they had been at least listed as missing at that time, though, right? Maybe they figured if the guy seemed to know who they were, they would just kill him? Thank goodness for that man it ended well. MOO

Two things I've seen posted in this thread numerous times which don't seem to be true;

The brother of the man who helped them in Alberta was with him and that could be why they didn't attack the man. Seems to not be true.

"They had the opportunity to grab the truck. I was alone with them."

The man said at one point he looked towards his house and saw his brother watching from behind a fence. He then reiterates in the audio interview that he was alone with them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudb...n-unknowingly-helps-murder-suspects-1.5229940

Second; that they gave the same man their full names.

Ste-Croix said the men thanked him, shook his hand and told him their real names: Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky.

This sentence is a little deceitful. It is not a quote but states they told him their names and then the writer states their full names. It can easily be confused to mean they told him their full names because their full names are printed. The man said only that they shook hands and told him their names. He did not say "their full names".

Sad to hear the Mounties have given up. So the RCMP doesn't always get their man/men. I think these 2 are still alive and are just waiting it out and will likely take off to Ontario. If so I hope the OPP will get their man/men. I'm wondering since the RCMP said these 2 could have changed their appearance, couldn't they put out new photos of BS and KM say with shaved heads, KM without beard and mustache etc? JMO

They're regrouping, not giving up. They've hit a dead end. If the suspects were in Gillam, diverting resources to another location weakened the hold they had on Gillam. They need to backtrack to what they know and move forward with a different strategy. They also need to better manage reporters. When they specifically stated that their position should not be shared on social media, one free lance reporter deliberately violated that statement.

The way they walked into the store reminds me of a reenactment from a war movie like "The Hurt Locker".
The (leader?) arrogant one, imo, walks ahead followed by his "security. "
imo, speculation.
Have to remember we also only saw a portion of the video surveillance, and the other portion could have shown stealing of an item or even using the bathroom

I don’t have the twitter link but maybe somebody else does? I know it’s been linked here a few times. The tweet includes a female reporter’s comment about the fibreglass camper completely burning and she also posted the other photos of the blue tarp and computer tower. I’d assume that information was obtained from officers also at the scene.

JMO
After looking at the picture on the right I am going with it was burned in the fire too because I think i see a small sink, maybe a small microwave, those support rods that extend from a camper shell down onto the running boards, and other things that look like shelving of some sort. Those particular objects I think were inside the camper shell. But of course they could have removed those things and left the shell somewhere else.

I tried to find videos of fiberglass burning and this video demonstrates how fiberglass boats can burn and after watching that I could see where the camper shell may have all but burnt up in the fire. It turns out that the resins and chemicals that are used to bond the fiberglass into a mold is flammable and can lead to very hot fiberglass fires. The actual fiberglass itself doesnt necessarily burn but the resins and chemicals used to bind it is what burns and it can leave a very dangerous amount of fiberglass particles all over the place.

So back to the pictures you shared. Notice the gentleman is wearing a gas mask type mask. I believe that is because of the loose fiberglass particles that are dangerous to breath in after a fiberglass fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member