Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have the twitter link but maybe somebody else does? I know it’s been linked here a few times. The tweet includes her comment about the fibreglass camper completely burning and she also posted the photos of the blue tarp and computer tower. I’d assume the information came from officers also at the scene.

Thank you. There has been many people in this series of threads worried about a conspiracy behind where the camper is.

Sad to hear the Mounties have given up. So the RCMP doesn't always get their man/men. I think these 2 are still alive and are just waiting it out and will likely take off to Ontario. If so I hope the OPP will get their man/men. I'm wondering since the RCMP said these 2 could have changed their appearance, couldn't they put out new photos of BS and KM say with shaved heads, KM without beard and mustache etc? JMO

There's no benefit to making fake pictures with arbitrary changes to their appearances. No one knows if they shaved their heads, their faces or dyed or bleached their hair. So there's no point in showing them in any way other than they last looked on photo or film.

A lot of folks on social media are criticizing LE for not being able to find these guys.

Sure their technology can make it easier to find people on the run.

Doesn't necessarily make it easier to find dead bodies.

Could be a good reason they're so hard to find...

Gillam Weather (temperatures in Celsius).

Tonight: Clear. Becoming partly cloudy this evening. Low 12.

Wed, 31 Jul: A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon. High 25. Humidex 27. UV index 6 or high.

Night: Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Clearing before morning. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Low 13.

Gillam, MB - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

Evening traffic on the Alaskan Highway was probably very light as well.

Unfortunately one thing they probably weren’t aware of is it’s widely known (to me at least) that vehicles appearing to be abandoned and parked anywhere on the side of any desolate road are highly prone to getting pilfered.

Or having gas siphoned out of them.

There's no benefit to making fake pictures with arbitrary changes to their appearances. No one knows if they shaved their heads, their faces or dyed or bleached their hair. So there's no point in showing them in any way other than they last looked on photo or film.
Absolutely! And Kam Mcleod has a very "tell tale" mole on the left side of his face above his beard.

In some cases a reward is offered for info that leads to the whereabouts or information leading to wanted people. Hmm no reward in this huge case, why not?

Money for information typically leads to many wasted investigative hours wading through useless information from people who are hoping to luck out and get the reward. Furthermore, this is a nationwide manhunt for two dangerous individuals. If anyone sees them, they should call police immediately before they become victims. Hopefully they don't need money to make that decision.

In some cases a reward is offered for info that leads to the whereabouts or information leading to wanted people. Hmm no reward in this huge case, why not?
maybe there's no effect apart from generating media interest, and this case already has that?
"However, there is little evidence of whether cash rewards do have a positive effect and how often they are paid out."
source: Do cash rewards catch criminals?

Maybe they thought it would fix itself after leaving it off for some time so when someone had initially stopped to offer help they assumed they wouldn't really need it.
A few hours later...still not starting so they just opt to stay over night rather than trying to walk somewhere else.
They could flag someone down but depending on the time of day, people may not stop.

ETA: Someone traveling alone also might not stop just for their own safety.

Yes, good point. Unlike the areas where most of us live, there would have been no light at all after dark. No way to see ahead when walking. Lots of bears around and probably very little car traffic. Once Lucas realized his problem was more than engine flooding, the sensible thing would be to wait until morning and get a tow. By the time he waited out the engine flooding, then failed another attempt at starting the van, it was probably getting late enough that no more cars were going by.

These young folks were experienced travelers and they would have been aware of the risk of running into a bear, especially in the dark. They also like camping, so they probably had the van fixed up inside to sleep comfortably. Not their fault they were brutally murdered.

That's certainly possible. When I read that part of the story, it caused me to question whether the alleged interaction occurred as the witness described it. I am not suggesting that the witness fabricated or embellished what happened, but it's disappointing that some people seem to get a charge out of "pranking" the public these days. Again, I'm not suggesting that's the case in this instance, but the interaction he described seemed stilted.
Could the 2 seen at the dump have been bootleggers who'd hidden their stash there till after the police have searched the homes? Maybe their home had been searched so they could go to the dump and retrieve what they had stashed and take it back home. Bootleggers might also wear camo clothing. MOO

Regardless of any change of appearance, two 6'4" guys will not go unnoticed. This doesn't even need to be said.

There would appear to be two plausible theories at this point.

1. They are holed up someplace with enough supplies that they don’t need to surface in public and are disciplined and knowledgeable enough not to communicate electronically in a way that can be traced.

2. They are dead in the woods from hypothermia or murder/suicide.

Every day that passes makes theory 2 the more probable.

I do have a fancy version of theory 1, but it requires undetected travel to the Manitoba/Ontario border and knowledge that two guys from Port Alberni are unlikely to have. If they headed out Lake of the Woods with a canoe and basic gear, good luck finding them among the 14,500 islands, and figure on expanding the search to the United States.

If they got to Lake of the Woods, what about their abandoned car as evidence? There are very steep shoreside drops, easy to make a car disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member