Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to cool it on all the speculation because at some point it tends to borrow from the truth and blurr the facts and theories/rumours together, but I do wonder a little if they had planned to kill more then kill themselves but either something happened to the murder weapon or they panicked and ditched it like they did the camper truck.

That would explain why they didn't kill numerous people they've come across since BC who they easily could have.

And now, without a weapon they're unable to kill themselves and unable to have LE shoot them as LE certainly wouldn't fire if they could tell the two aren't armed. Thus, leaving them without an out and pondering for days how to end this for themselves without being taken into custody as their resources dwindle down to nothing.

Just a thought.

I find this very credible, too. They may have had a conscious desire to be spree killers. All kinds of things went wrong with their plan.

After the joy ride comment, I'm wondering if they took the truck without permission (and guns too). The RCMP likely know the answer and that is informing their search for these two.

My fear is that they'll find some way to refuel (mentally and physically) and go back to their original plan...

From your link -
“I told them that you know you're supposed to stop ... and then they said sorry about that, the driver said sorry, and then I asked them where they came from and they said Vancouver," the constable, who started the role in March, said...”

LD was from Vancouver so the vehicle would’ve also been registered to a Vancouver address. While the RCMP haven’t confirmed the RAV4 belonged to him, I’m certain it did.

interesting tidbit

I don't understand how this is parallel?

It occurred while this investigation was ongoing. It also involves a young man of similar age, who was not attending school, and who spent considerable time playing video games. It has been reported that BS also had an aggressive style of play that other players commented on.

Four people were murdered in Markham, three in B.C.

So there are parallels (a person or thing that is similar or analogous to another).

]Just two boxes and a suit...so no camping gear, backpacks, emergency supplies? Did Mr. Saunders not look in the boxes to make sure there was no alcohol?
I agree wholeheartedly that news reports can often be in error and frustratingly incomplete. And people's memories about actual events as well, we are all imperfect beings influenced by our (often) erroneous impressions of the world around us.
So what do we know?
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-tuesday-edition-1.5230248

If you listen to the radio interview on the CBC Radio One icon program As It Happens, Mr. Saunders recollects a suit and two boxes, which he did not inspect. He indicates that his partner remembers camping gear and maps.

And so it seems that inspection was not so thorough after all.

Ok honest question, just thinking out loud....

Why does the RCMP believe these boys killed the couple and the professor? What evidence do they have?

I’m just wondering if the boys themselves ran into trouble....the same trouble that L&C ran into possibly?

Is the sighting of them in RAV-4 credible? Is there a surveillance video for this?

I just keep coming back to the idea that the bearded man from the forensic sketch (seen “arguing” per the point of view of the passerby) plays a role in this whole scenario.

Last edited:
I was ready to make a case for the guys never having been near Laird Hot Springs, which is 30 hours away from Port Alberni, until I saw a route on Google that actually does go through LHS to Whitehorse on 97. So it's quite possible that they indeed did start to get to the Yukon Territory, with a ton of driving. We don't know what proof LE has of placing them at the L&C crime scene. It could be that they stumbled upon them postmortem and robbed them, and thus left their prints and DNA around. Or they killed them. The RCMP have a better idea, hopefully.

As for Mr. Dyck, they may have run over him somehow with their own vehicle, hence the need to get rid of evidence and exchange vehicles.

Maybe they did just start out with tampering with a crime scene and vehicular homicide. Maybe they're getting mislabeled as being smart fugitives playing games with authorities, in large part because Bryer's father led off public perception with his statements about the guys' activities, and his ridiculous hyperbole about going out in a blaze of glory. Or maybe they really are cunning and smart enough to evade LE and the military.

I thought I was sure, but now I'm confused again. Unless we know about Mr. Dyck's CoD, and if it matches that of L&C's, we'll be stuck with doubts about their deaths, in my opinion.

I've tried to cool it on all the speculation because at some point it tends to borrow from the truth and blurr the facts and theories/rumours together, but I do wonder a little if they had planned to kill more then kill themselves but either something happened to the murder weapon or they panicked and ditched it like they did the camper truck.

That would explain why they didn't kill numerous people they've come across since BC who they easily could have.

And now, without a weapon they're unable to kill themselves and unable to have LE shoot them as LE certainly wouldn't fire if they could tell the two aren't armed. Thus, leaving them without an out and pondering for days how to end this for themselves without being taken into custody as their resources dwindle down to nothing.

Just a thought.

A scenario in all it's elements that strikes home to me. Especially , that they forgot, or lost, or didn't count up including misfires , the ammo they unarguably had in the beginning..

At some stage, the realization that they could either be in charge of their own death or leave it up to others must have sunk into their feverish brains. And then , the dawning reality , of how to do it. I can't think of any reason why the killing stopped, so suddenly, when it so suddenly started.

And since then they have been in shooting range of people with far more reason to look at them suspiciously that Lucas or Chynna or Prof Dyck. So.... that is a mystery for now.

Being taken in to custody would be so unappealing, but it is remarkable how the desire to live clings on in the face of overwhelming negative odds. I think one reason they don't want to choose custody, is the fact that they have no damn explanation as to the murders. It just happened.. they themselves can't figure out what, or why they did it.

This is the muddled thinking that fierce hunger brings, too. Mistakes will pile on top of mistakes, assuming they are still alive. Which I find hard to do. . .

No. RCMP has chosen to release no information about the ownership of the RAV4.
Evidently they don't allow anyone else to release any information about the car LD was driving. His body was discovered in a highway turnout. "Police said a car found burned and discarded near the Fox Lake Cree Nation reserve of Bird was the stolen Toyota RAV4 SUV that the two had been reported driving."
So the RAV 4 was stolen, but no reports of stolen vehicles. So it must be Leonard's. Why would they attack and kill Leonard if not for his car & whatever they could get their thieving hands on, when theirs is burnt up down the road?
Police name third victim, charge fugitive B.C. teens with murder

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
Investigators have now received over 260 tips in the past 7 days.

None have established that the suspects are outside of the Gillam area.

However, #rcmpmb continues to remind the public that it is possible the suspects inadvertently received assistance & are no longer in the area

12:13 PM - 30 Jul 2019 pst

EAwKusgU4AAYp7A.jpg

EAwKwB4U4AANcEq.jpg

ETA: RCMP continues to tweet the possibility that the teen killers may have received assistance, and no longer in the area of Gillam.

If the killers are not dead, what kind of help, and where could they be?

Did somebody around Split Lake follow the teens to PR 290 (where the Rav4 found burned), and give them a ride elsewhere?

Gillam is a dead end town -- why would they want to start their foot trek there? Doesn't seem logical. Where would they go on foot late evening 7/22 --York Factory? Abandoned 600 room construction man-camp?

I think they had a ride straight out of Gillam upon torching the Rav4, or they had a second vehicle already.

I don't recall the timeline of RCMP announcements anymore.

If it was not until Monday 7/22 they were reported as alleged killers (missed check stop on Sunday), it's possible a local helping the teens out would not yet be aware aware they were fugitives.

Hard not to feel upset and frustrated for the RCMP.

Can hardly forget there are those that help LE, and those that help the hunted....

Thoughts?

RAV4's do not have trunks, they are hatchbacks. Unless this one was modified, seeing the contents would have been easy as opening the back hatch.

I agree the suit probably had some value to BS--if not sentimental or for reasons of making some sort of last grand gesture, it would help give the impression that these are two nice, young responsible boys. As for giving their names, it might have been reflex: if I meet someone and they give me their first name, I tend to give my first name back. If they give me their full name, I do the same. They were probably sweating bullets when their car got stuck. If the Good Samaritan hadn't come to their rescue, they might have abandoned the car and headed out across country at that point.

Well they do come standard with a tonneau cover, I believe. Most people do use the cover or a blanket when traveling in bear country, anyway.

If the tribal resource officer didn't see any thing at all in a completely open way-back, that's very odd indeed (as I believe camping equipment was found in the RAV4 when it burned...)

It could be that they stumbled upon them postmortem and robbed them, and thus left their prints and DNA around. Or they killed them. The RCMP have a better idea, hopefully.

Yes, it is possible, because people do steal from crime scenes. A few of us believe that someone could have tampered with the crime scene before the road worker came along to secure it. Not a popular view, but human nature has a dark side sometimes.

That's the way it goes when people take a road trip into the middle of no where, hours away from gas stations, police stations, tow trucks and hospitals. Don't go to those places if you can't afford it.

I am not young and in love now, but I once was. When I was in college, my love and I decided to car trip to Florida, and we went all the way to Key West, some 23 hours away from home. It was at a time when credit cards weren't just given out to anyone and everyone, and we spent almost all of our money getting to and spending a few extra days in Key West, leaving ourselves barely enough money to buy gas to get home. Needless to say, there were no hotel stays on the way home. We drove straight through the night and into the next afternoon. Some 40 years later, we still smile and reminisce about that wonderful vacation. I think you see what I am getting at. God bless Lucas and Chynna. I am thrilled they had those vacations they probably couldn't afford. Just sorry one ended their lives.

Last edited:
Such a search and retrieval would and has occurred under any given government of any given party.

Let's keep the political commentary to ourselves.

But...it won't go on indefinitely right? How will we know that that's what they are doing? How do we know that they haven't already done this (Looked for bodies)?

Surely, without clear evidence that they are dead, they won't spend the next few years looking for them. People have disappeared out there and not been found for a long time. My curiosity really is...just how long would they be looked for (by RCMP) if it's pretty clear they have starved to death or the suspicion is strong that they starved or died of exposure?

Gina20, it won't let me access the article because I'm not in Canada. Could you please copy and paste the part about Chynna trying to wave for help? Why didn't the person stop to help then?

A woman who told CTV News she'd seen the van said it appeared to have broken down on the side of the northbound lanes.

"The hood was up and there was a young couple sitting in lawn chairs in the ditch. The girl got up and waved at me," Carrie Haruluk said.

She said she couldn't help - her vehicle was full and there were vehicles coming in both directions - so she kept driving.

"The next morning, we all heard the sirens," Haruluk said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy