Deceased/Not Found Canada - Madison Roy-Boudreau, 14, New Brunswick, 11 May 2021 *Suspicious*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome to Ws Wagg007!
Have not yet located a press conference with Madison's family, they must be living a nightmare right now, imo.

Her father has spoken to media (newspapers). They are linked in here. He is a single dad -I really don't know if Mom is in the picture at all.

From link, thanks!

''Roy gave a detailed step-by-step account of the investigation, including a mention of the arrest of 42-year-old Steven Laurette of South Tetagouche, a small community west of Bathurst.

Laurette was arrested and charged with failing to comply with a court undertaking. The police objected to his release and he remains in custody, said Roy.''

snip---
Roy also explained his inability to share certain details of the investigation, saying there was a difference between conducting a search for a missing person and a "criminal investigation into a missing person's report."

He said Bathurst police are conducting a criminal investigation "and as such, we are not at liberty to disclose pertinent information to what could eventually be for a criminal proceeding, this for fear of jeopardizing or compromising the integrity of the investigation."

Roy asked anyone whose vehicle has a video camera, and who happened to be driving around Bathurst between 7 and 11 a.m. on May 11, to contact them.''

A little more info about Steven Laurette:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/steven-laurette-faces-sex-crimes-1.6044541

From the article:
"The police may not have named him as a suspect, but simply naming Steven Laurette has made him a person of interest to those following the story of missing teenager Madison Roy-Boudreau.

On Thursday, Bathurst police Chief Stéphane Roy mentioned Laurette's court appearance in the timeline of their investigation, but he declined to answer any questions that would connect Laurette to Madison.

"I can tell you that he's charged for failing to comply with the conditions of a court undertaking, and I cannot comment on whether or not it's in connection to Madison," Roy said during the live-streamed news conference.

When asked why Laurette made it into the timeline, Roy said "because the public knows that he's been arrested and they had questions about why he was arrested in the same time period."

The timing — and especially the nature — of the charges against Laurette are concerning to members of the community.

On May 14, he appeared in court and was charged with failing to abide by a court undertaking between May 10 and 11 in Bathurst. He's accused of breaching the condition that he not be in the presence of females under the age of 18 unless he is accompanied by someone over 18 who is "aware of the present investigation."

That present investigation involves sexual assault allegations against a complainant under the age of 16."

Can his Facebook be linked here yet?
He’s in jail, is that enough?

I'm not certain whether he's good to link when LE has named him only as a POI and not yet used the word "suspect".

I've been tracking his facebook for a couple weeks now. There's been no change to it since. Perhaps now that his name is out there some of his freinds may start commenting.

Man named by Bathurst police accused of sex crimes against person under 16 | CBC News

Police have not connected Steven Laurette, 42, to Madison Roy-Boudreau

The police may not have named him as a suspect, but simply naming Steven Laurette has made him a person of interest to those following the story of missing teenager Madison Roy-Boudreau.

On Thursday, Bathurst police Chief Stéphane Roy mentioned Laurette's court appearance in the timeline of their investigation, but he declined to answer any questions that would connect Laurette to Madison.
According to court records, Laurette was charged in September 2019 with sexual assault and sexual interference. The latter offence, according to the Criminal Code, applies to, "Every person who, for a sexual purpose, touches, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, any part of the body of a person under the age of 16 years."

The Crown opted to proceed with the indictable section, which means it's punishable by a maximum sentence of 14 years in prison. The summary offence carries a maximum of less than two years.

The incident is alleged to have occurred between Dec. 1, 2018, and March 12, 2019, at or near Petit-Rocher.
Madison was last seen getting into a grey Ford Ranger pickup truck on May 11.

By the next day, police had located the vehicle and kept it under surveillance until May 13, when the driver was arrested. Police have not named that person.
On May 16, based on information received, police searched a house and property in the LSD of South Tetagouche, west of Bathurst.

Bathurst Police facebook; they have their live stream from Thursday's update on the search for Madison still up and available:

(5) Bathurst Police Force\ Force Policière de Bathurst | Facebook

Last edited:
So if I understand correctly, Madison was last seen 3 weeks ago, getting into the vehicle of a registered sex offender, who has since been arrested for breaching his conditions, and now he’s not talking? Sadly I don’t think this will end well :(

So if I understand correctly, Madison was last seen 3 weeks ago, getting into the vehicle of a registered sex offender, who has since been arrested for breaching his conditions, and now he’s not talking? Sadly I don’t think this will end well :(
It does not seem like this will end well, but hanging on to the sliver of hope that the perp has kept her alive and hidden.imo.

I wonder what lead the search to the quarry? Something found in the car, or cctv of some kind?
Did she attend school that day? Her dad says he last saw her when she left for school and reported her just after 11pm that same day. Was she seen getting in the car at school?

Madison was last seen getting into his truck at 7:30am seems she did not go to school May 11.

Was this a random crossing of paths???

FWIW, I see she has a YouTube channel...
<BBM>

JMO but watching those I can imagine they get quite a few of the old "I can help you in the music business and make you stars" comments.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/bathurst-suspect-steven-laurette-1.6056721
June 8 2021
''A Bathurst man mentioned by police during a news conference about a missing teen appeared in court Monday for failing to comply with the conditions of his release.

Steven Laurette appeared in Bathurst provincial court to answer to the charge of not following an order that he not be in the presence of girls under the age of 18 unless he is accompanied by someone over 18 who is aware of the investigation against him.

A publication ban prevents CBC News from reporting what was said in court, though Laurette was visibly aggressive.''

Despite mentioning him, Roy said Laurette has not been connected to Roy-Boudreau's disappearance, and declined to answer any questions about a possible link between the two.''

rbbm.
Man Charged in Relation to the Missing 14-Year-Old Bathurst, NB Girl Has the Case Adjourned
"The man charged in relation to the case of the missing Bathurst, NB girl had the case adjourned.

Yesterday in court, 42-year-old Steven Laurette requested the judge allow him to apply for an out of town legal aid lawyer.

The judge allowed for a three week adjournment for Laurette to reapply for legal aid, his next appearance will be on June 28, 2021 where he will appear via video while he remains in custody.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back