Found Deceased Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just thought...
If EVERY person on that party was indeed polygraphed and passed - why does her parents on one the boards in the cellar (visible for a moment in 48hours episode and blurred where the names were) had a question "who had been polygraphed?" as one of the top questions there?
Maybe not all people did?

Also I was waiting for the trial for murder of F.J. because I saw somewhere that some possible clues to Madison's disappearance could/will be released after that but nothing ever was, and I can't find source of that information either.

Could be that these monsters who murdered F.J. at least knew something about her?

Why there is like no updates anywhere? No tips? No leads? Nothing?

I just thought...
If EVERY person on that party was indeed polygraphed and passed - why does her parents on one the boards in the cellar (visible for a moment in 48hours episode and blurred where the names were) had a question "who had been polygraphed?" as one of the top questions there?
Maybe not all people did?

Thanks for sharing. How does this relate to the "two brothers"? Where did you see information about two brothers?

Thanks for sharing. How does this relate to the "two brothers"? Where did you see information about two brothers?
It doesn't relate to anything, just a thought.

I didn't saw that information anywhere, it's just my assumption.
At John Lordan's episode (available on youtube) John mentioned that after J.B. left that party with her future boyfriend, and that there were other people there at the time, and that last to leave were a couple: birthday boy and his girlfriend who got into a fight around 3 am and left not checking if Madison is in her tent or not.

After that episode he released an additional interview with his mother to clear some things out.
But I believe that SOME THINGS were still quite messed up since I'm following her page on facebook and after that episode I stumbled on a conversation between Madison's mother and some local woman who pointed he didn't got everything right.
I can't find it now cause it was just one of these posts where people are sharing pictures of places where they saw Madison's poster (and it was quite some time ago).
Her mother replied that yes, he did, but she understands that is just a show and is grateful anyway, cause he gave Madison's case some additional exposure.

I read everything what I can find about this case, maybe I missed something but I don't recall any other source who would told the same story about who was the last confirmed to left Hogsback Lake.

48 hours episode also got many thing wrong, and focused some horrible hate and anger towards J.B.
While trying to clear things out at least a bit I was reading public discussions between people from Vanderhoof, family and friends of Madison - it didn't get much clearer but at least I know much more now.

I'm not sure if it was 48 hours or some other series, I can't check it now cause I had to pay to watch it some time ago, but on one of that boards in her parent's cellar were a list of people who were at that party - with names, pictures and time when they arrived and left.
I didn't saw it all and it wasn't totally clear even in HD but I readed that - there I found that J.B. and her bf left some time between 1:30 and 1:40 am.

One guy showed up ten minutes after J.B. left and stayed till 2:00 or 2:15 am.
Nobody was noted to leave after 2:50 a.m. - at that time two guys with the same surname left (presumeably brothers) although they didn't arrived together (one showed up at 11:00 pm, another at 11:30).

According to that birthday boy was there since 9:00 or 9:30 pm till 10:00 am, then left and came back at 11:30pm, then left at midnight.
Maybe there were people who left later, but it wasn't noted or showed there.

It doesn't relate to anything, just a thought.

At John Lordan's episode (available on youtube) John mentioned that after J.B. left that party with her future boyfriend, and that there were other people there at the time, and that last to leave were a couple: birthday boy and his girlfriend who got into a fight around 3 am and left not checking if Madison is in her tent or not.

After that episode he released an additional interview with his mother to clear some things out.
But I believe that SOME THINGS were still quite messed up since I'm following her page on facebook and after that episode I stumbled on a conversation between Madison's mother and some local woman who pointed he didn't got everything right.
I can't find it now cause it was just one of these posts where people are sharing pictures of places where they saw Madison's poster (and it was quite some time ago).
Her mother replied that yes, he did, but she understands that is just a show and is grateful anyway, cause he gave Madison's case some additional exposure.

I read everything what I can find about this case, maybe I missed something but I don't recall any other source who would told the same story about who was the last confirmed to left Hogsback Lake.

48 hours episode also got many thing wrong, and focused some horrible hate and anger towards J.B.
While trying to clear things out at least a bit I was reading public discussions between people from Vanderhoof, family and friends of Madison - it didn't get much clearer but at least I know much more now.

I'm not sure if it was 48 hours or some other series, I can't check it now cause I had to pay to watch it some time ago, but on one of that boards in her parent's cellar were a list of people who were at that party - with names, pictures and time when they arrived and left.
I didn't saw it all and it wasn't totally clear even in HD but I readed that - there I found that J.B. and her bf left some time between 1:30 and 1:40 am.

One guy showed up ten minutes after J.B. left and stayed till 2:00 or 2:15 am.
Nobody was noted to leave after 2:50 a.m. - at that time two guys with the same surname left (presumeably brothers) although they didn't arrived together (one showed up at 11:00 pm, another at 11:30).

According to that birthday boy was there since 9:00 or 9:30 pm till 10:00 am, then left and came back at 11:30pm, then left at midnight.
Maybe there were people who left later, but it wasn't noted or showed there.

My thoughts are with Madison's family.
I have some questions. When JB was there at 10 a.m. Saturday , the tent was still up but messed up with no jewellery. On the Sunday the jewellery was there, tent was down with belongings on top. Is that correct? That indicates to me that she slept in it. Also there was mention of another tent there the evening of the Friday party - whose tent was that and did they spend the night?

I understand that Madison's younger sister went to the party the Saturday night? Did she notice her sister's truck and tent there and was the tent up or down?

I also have obvious questions about the phone pings and whether forensics where done on the tent and truck.

My thoughts are with Madison's family.
I have some questions. When JB was there at 10 a.m. Saturday , the tent was still up but messed up with no jewellery. On the Sunday the jewellery was there, tent was down with belongings on top. Is that correct? That indicates to me that she slept in it. Also there was mention of another tent there the evening of the Friday party - whose tent was that and did they spend the night?

I understand that Madison's younger sister went to the party the Saturday night? Did she notice her sister's truck and tent there and was the tent up or down?

I also have obvious questions about the phone pings and whether forensics where done on the tent and truck.
As far as I remember jewellery wasn't noticed at saturday night, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't there. It was quite big party, nobody expected Madison to be missing and rings could lie there unnoticed.

On the Sunday night JB found that jewellery.
Where did you get that info about her belongings being on the top of flattened tent? Please share if you can because I didn't stumbled on anything so specific.
There is no indications that she slept there, nobody saw her after 3am Saturday after Friday party.
Tent wasn't flatened by Madison, LE and family know who did it (but it happened during that second party).

Second tent belonged to birthday boy, but he left after midnight, while Madison and other people still were there (some people also arrived and came back after that).

I don't know more.

And why do you think did she leave her working car next to the lake and decide to walk on foot through wilderness and basically country side for five miles to get near highway... with what reason or purpose?

Maybe she was drunk and decided not to drive. Imagine something happened (a fight, for example, which... if I remember well, did happen at some point during the evening) and she decided that she wanted to leave right away. She may have decided to walk or hitchhike... or maybe someone offered to drive her home but killed her instead.

I haven't worked on this case in a long while so details are a little mixed up in my head but, today, I think that this is the most plausible thing. She left... or intended to leave the site and something happened to her. The fact that her truck and tent were still there doesn't mean anything, because she could've intended to go back the following day in order to get them back. The jewelry thing is weird though... Maybe the killler went back and put them there after the act?

I can't imagine how hard it must be for her family. Oh and... someone mentioned that her sister was at the party? I've never heard of that...?

Maybe she was drunk and decided not to drive. Imagine something happened (a fight, for example, which... if I remember well, did happen at some point during the evening) and she decided that she wanted to leave right away. She may have decided to walk or hitchhike... or maybe someone offered to drive her home but killed her instead.

I haven't worked on this case in a long while so details are a little mixed up in my head but, today, I think that this is the most plausible thing. She left... or intended to leave the site and something happened to her. The fact that her truck and tent were still there doesn't mean anything, because she could've intended to go back the following day in order to get them back. The jewelry thing is weird though... Maybe the killler went back and put them there after the act?

I can't imagine how hard it must be for her family. Oh and... someone mentioned that her sister was at the party? I've never heard of that...?
She almost certainly didn't decide to walk or go on hike, all paths and bushes around camping ground was ot disturbed during that weekend (at least that was official statement), dogs didn't pick anything and their actions suggested that she left in car.

Her sister was at the second party, on Saturday night.

What I meant by walking was not taking a walk through the woods but walking back home... So, she would've just had to walk her way up to the road, and if she did so, then would the bushes and paths have looked disturbed? I doubt it. I can't say for sure since I have only seen pictures of the place where the party took place but I think it's possible that she just decided to talk to the road and then hitchhike, although... she seemed like a very intelligent lady who would not have necessarily chosen this means of transportation.

I rather think someone offered her a lift, or that she called someone to come pick her up and that things went downhill from there.

It seems a logical thing to do would be tofollow the Blackwater Road back up from Hogsback Lake and take the dogs in tothe home sites that are accessible off the Blackwater to just before SinkutLake. There are probably in around 12 sites to search and 2 or 3dogs can make short work of them. Imo, there's been some talk coming out ofBurns Lake area about that Blackwater Road for quite a few years now.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1900566/vanishing
FOR GENERATIONS, the young people of Vanderhoof, British Columbia, have raced through the night down Blackwater Road, their four-wheel drives kicking up gravel as they spin onto a rutted track scraped through the evergreen woods surrounding Hogsback Lake. By day, this small park is a peaceful spot for a picnic, a paddle, or setting off to hike a stretch of nearby Telegraph Trail. After dark, Hogsback’s shoreline offers a great place to throw a party. Audrey Auger-Keyesapamatoa holds a photo of her missing daughter, Aielah

On Friday, May 27, 2011, Madison Scott, 20, threaded her hand-me-down 1991 F150 between fir trees and parked in a grassy clearing at the edge of the lake. With long ginger hair, green eyes, a big smile, and a spray of freckles across her pierced nose, Maddy radiated life. A 2009 graduate of Vanderhoof’s Nechako Valley Secondary School, she stood a sturdy five foot four and 170 pounds, and had played ice hockey and rugby.
ONE YOUNG WOMAN from a close community gone missing is heartbreaking enough. Go a little wider on the map, though, and Vanderhoof becomes just another of a series of tragic waypoints along a slice of northern B.C. where there are dozens of unsolved cases of women and girls who’ve vanished or been murdered going back four decades. The only link between many of the cases remains proximity to Highway 16, a road now infamously known as the Highway of Tears.
A few minutes from any of the towns or settlements and you’re in vast forest. Convenient for anyone trying to dump a body, skid roads slash through every sizable patch of trees near the highway, especially east of the mountains. It’s often left to hikers or hunters to stumble upon a victim’s remains.

Billboards on 16 warning KILLER ON THE LOOSE! are constant reminders of the missing. The disappearances along the highway and two of its desolate tributaries, Highways 97 and 5, date back to 1969, when 26-year-old Gloria Moody was found murdered near Williams Lake. There have been clusters of disappearances each decade since, but it’s difficult to get a handle on the actual number of victims.

I took a walk...

There is a baptist church on the east side of the blackwater road, south of the Sinkut Lake - heading north from the church there are a dozen or so driveways/home sites (?) between the church and the bridge (over the river into the south end of Sinkut) - you will be facing NORTH standing in front of the church facing towards the bridge, if you click here: https://goo.gl/maps/hpHic9a4AwH2

click here to be on the bridge (over the river feeding into Sinkut Lake) - you will be facing SOUTH towards the church, if you click here: https://goo.gl/maps/byjV7fdv5dw

Apparently MADISON NEEDS dogs and boots on the ground??? >>>>>>> A N Y O N E ???

ETA: the bridge is approx 10 kms from hogsback....FWIW

ETA2: Just an observation re: Baptist Church???....memories of Karen Swift (RIP Karen) ugggggggggggg.

ETA3: :tyou: Clouddown!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that bridge, been across it a few times... Jmo, but follow the Blackwater on down yonder to where there's a gravel pit on the east side and then head on in on that weaving road to a homesite tucked back in the woods. It won't be an easy jaunt but it's accessible in the summer for sure and yet remote enough to not be bothered with. A very strange story about it going back some 20 odd years came out of a wise man from the Vanderhoof area. The talk about the Blackwater Road out of Burns Lake came about back in 2005 in regards to the Nicole Hoar case from relatives of the Jack Family.

No, not that place. The RCMP also did a search on a shore property on the South side of Sinkut Lake in regards to NH. I meant the gravel pit on the west side of Blackwater Road, not east. From that property go directly south just maybe 3 miles. It's difficult to get in to.

Police continue to search for answers in missing Maddy Scott case

Despite RCMP investigation and continued efforts from family, friends and community members there have been no leads. Police believe she went missing between 4am and 8:30am after everyone she was with left a the birthday party celebration. Maddy remained on her own in a tent.

“We know someone out there knows something about the disappearance. We are asking any individual who has information about Maddy’s disappearance to contact the police or Crimestoppers” said Cpl. Tom Wamsteeker of the North District Major Crime Unit.

Attachments

• maddypicfromfbgp-720x641.jpg
    maddypicfromfbgp-720x641.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 3
Madison Scott Anniversary Nears

May 28th marks the 7th anniversary of the disappearance of Madison Scott. Scott went missing after an early morning party and despite a massive search by police, family, and members of the community has never been found.

The Vanderhoof teen was last seen at a party on the shores of Hogsback Lake, about 25 kilometres south of Vanderhoof. Her friends left the party around 4:00 am to return home. However, Scott remained behind, apparently planning to spend the night in a tent. When someone came back to check on her around 8:30 am, she was gone and she hasn't been seen since.

As far as I remember jewellery wasn't noticed at saturday night, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't there. It was quite big party, nobody expected Madison to be missing and rings could lie there unnoticed.

On the Sunday night JB found that jewellery.
Where did you get that info about her belongings being on the top of flattened tent? Please share if you can because I didn't stumbled on anything so specific.
There is no indications that she slept there, nobody saw her after 3am Saturday after Friday party.
Tent wasn't flatened by Madison, LE and family know who did it (but it happened during that second party).

Second tent belonged to birthday boy, but he left after midnight, while Madison and other people still were there (some people also arrived and came back after that).

I don't know more.

Hi, sorry I haven't got back before now. I have now read that JB saw the jewellery outside the tent and when she looked inside it was empty. The parents came on Sunday and the tent was flat ( nothing about the earrings) and purse was in truck. Phone and keys were missing.

Has any tracking info on phone ever been discussed?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back