CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering if there was a public washroom, because if not - one would have to go fumbling in the bushes at night time (um, sorry- but another reason one might remove rings).

Since the rings seemed to be sentimental or valuable to her, I think if she took them off to go swimming or to the bathroom, she would have put them in a pocket or a bag and not just on the ground where she may not find them again. She could have put them in a pile on top of her tent and they were moved (inadvertently or not) by party-goers, but given the fact that they seemed important to her, I think she would have secured them somewhere. I assume it was dark and I can't imagine just leaving them loose on the ground.

Since the rings seemed to be sentimental or valuable to her, I think if she took them off to go swimming or to the bathroom, she would have put them in a pocket or a bag and not just on the ground where she may not find them again. She could have put them in a pile on top of her tent and they were moved (inadvertently or not) by party-goers, but given the fact that they seemed important to her, I think she would have secured them somewhere. I assume it was dark and I can't imagine just leaving them loose on the ground.

Alcohol or other and partying sometimes impairs judgement.

Maddy, you are missed. :(

Rw9DP.jpg

Update from Jordanne Bolduc on the Help Find Madison Scott Facebook Page:

First I would like to apologize to the Bjornsons and family for any pain or additional grief I may have caused them. I am so very very sorry for the way Fribjon was portrayed by me. I should have never said those things about Fribjon as I didn’t know him well and told the interviewer it was all hearsay and that I DID NOT WANT THAT INCLUDED. However, they did and so I must pay the consequences and I feel sick if it has changed any ones thoughts about him. I also told them that they were rumours that they were seeing each other. I don’t even know why he was included in the show. I phoned 48 HOURS and asked them not to include any of the hearsay about Fribjon and they promised there was nothing in the segment. I am trying to figure out a way to have 48 hours retract what was said about Fribjon.

I agreed to participate in 48 hours for the Scott family; to help find Maddy. I have only been trying to do anything that I can to help find Maddy.

I would like to Clarify the things that were depicted on 48 hours.

My interview with them was nearly 3.5 hours. It was gruelling and I was so nervous and upset. They took half sentences out of what I said and made it look like blank statements. Things were taken totally out of context and the time line was completely wrong.

The party was a birthday party and we had made plans to stay together. After almost a year it was the first time that Maddy and I were going to hang out together. I made some poor choices that night. I got really really drunk.

They showed me saying things got rough. There was rough housing and I was jousted off a log and landed almost in the fire. I cut my hands and hurt my knee on the concrete that the picnic tables are on. I was in no shape to stay at the party and was carried the truck to leave. I told Maddy that I was going and that she could come. She didn’t want to because she didn’t want to leave her truck and things there and she had been drinking and wouldn’t drive. I felt ok leaving because I was so drunk and not in any shape to make good decisions. Also, I thought that there were other people staying there for the night.

I was not the LAST person to see Maddy as they made it look. When we left there were still people there hanging around the fire and another tent was pitched for the night. I had no idea that Maddy would be left there alone. I and most people thought that Maddy was the most sober person at the party when we left.

The next day Saturday when I went to Hogsback to see her, her tent was still up and her truck was there and the other tenters weren’t there. I assumed that she had left that night with someone. I tried to call her but I wasn’t alarmed. Another party at Hogs Back started on Saturday night which I wasn’t at.

It was SUNDAY that I went looking for her with the RCMP, searchers, family, and everyone that was looking for her that I found the RINGS and gave them to Maddy's Mom. 48 HOURS makes it look like I found all of that the next day! If I had I would have gone straight to the Police.

When I watched 48 HOURS I was sickened and embarrassed at how I looked. I was nervous and was totally exhausted. When I am nervous I guess I come across as silly and smiley. I was trying not to cry the whole time. I apologize for how I came across. I am not trying to make excuses. I have learned a lot through this process. I have learned that words can hurt and that gossip is just that GOSSIP.

There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about Maddy and wish that I had made different choices. I wish that there hadn’t been a party at all.

I Miss My Friend...

I read when I got further into the thread that they were not together however may knew eachother. I dont know how to remove posts so please ignore previous post. Sorry*

To those local to the area: If Madison decided to take a boat ride with someone on the lake, where would they end up? TIA

I read when I got further into the thread that they were not together however may knew eachother. I dont know how to remove posts so please ignore previous post. Sorry*

Yeah it's a good idea to read the entire thread before asking a question. Many times the answers are found later in the thread. It's happened to me too. :)

It's hard to believe it's been just about two years since she was seen last.

It is hard to believe that it is more than 2 years now since Maddie disappeared from the party at Hogsback Lake. The anguish her family feels must be beyond belief.

I am wondering about some things. Who were the last ones to leave the party, and how could anyone leave a female at the campsite alone out there in the bush at night? Is there another campsite on the other side of the lake? Was anyone over there that night? Is there a connecting trail?

I am also wondering if Maddie did take photos that showed her fading away, and called a person with her 'a baby' when she said they spooked her. And also did Maddy make and act in her own little film about stalkers? The last one puzzles and disturbs me. What would cause Maddie to pick such a topic? And does the subject somehow connect to her disappearance in some way?

Was Maddie being stalked, and knew it, but perhaps thought that person was harmless and would never act?

Update from Jordanne Bolduc on the Help Find Madison Scott Facebook Page:

The party was a birthday party and we had made plans to stay together. After almost a year it was the first time that Maddy and I were going to hang out together

The next day Saturday when I went to Hogsback to see her, her tent was still up and her truck was there and the other tenters weren’t there. I assumed that she had left that night with someone. I tried to call her but I wasn’t alarmed. Another party at Hogs Back started on Saturday night which I wasn’t at.

So I have some questions.

1. How was the tent still up, but when they went back Sunday it was down or being packed away. Her friend claims she called her and everyone else was gone so how come the next day the tent was down.

2. Her friend didn't hang out with her for a year, all of a sudden the first day she hangs out Maddie goes missing, then she drives back to hang out and doesn't stay for the party? and drives back a third time on Sunday? Doesn't add up, they haven't hung out in a year and now we have a young lady missing and this "friend" has now traveled three times to hang out?

3. If people came to party that night and she was already gone, would anyone sleep in the tent? would anyone still party knowing she wasn't there all night?

I live very near the area where Maddy disappeared. I'm about three hours away by car, which in BC is not a great distance. Last spring we went through Vanderhoof on our way to pick up a puppy. We stopped there on the way home to gas up and stretch our legs. There are still missing posters of Maddy everywhere. It is so sad, the community is small but their losses over the last few years have been huge.

I've read up on the case a fair bit. My understanding with Fribjon is that he basically was doing someone a kindness and wandered unknowingly into a very bad situation- my take is he was maybe killed for money he had on him, though why there was such violence to the body I don't understand. It sounds as though he and Maddy knew one another, but weren't dating or anything of the sort.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that people kept leaving the campsite all night (with the last set of people leaving around 3 or 4 am) and yet no one thought it wasn't a good idea to leave a young woman all on her own? I have to say I do wonder about the last people to leave that night. I think it's also possible someone observed she was on her own and that the campsite was emptying out. I think if that's the case, they bided their time until it was just her alone.

I also wonder why the tent was up and looked fine Saturday morning (according to the BF) and yet by Sunday was clearly down, as though someone was packing it up to leave?

Personally I don't think Maddy's disappearance is related to the Highway of Tears cases, I think it was someone at the party that night. The RCMP have been very clear that they believe someone at that party, possibly more than one someone, knows exactly what happened but won't talk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53
Back