CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump: for Maddy. :beats:

AG7uO0ql.jpg

Please watch this when you all get the chance!

The Vanishing of Madison Scott - YouTube

:crying:

TOO SAD...

WHO took her?!

Where are you Maddy?

i'm watching it now

her poor friend :( the one enduring all the accusations!

where are you Madi???

AND the guy she was seeing also went missing a few weeks later and then omgoodness they found his head only no body but it's not connected as per le!!! WHAT??!?!?!?!?

Can you post a link for that - that is insane. I find that hard to believe. wth

This case has really intrigued me ever since I saw the "Vanishing" documentary. From reading up on this case, I've come to a bit of a conclusion.

Personally, I think it's possible that Maddy got in a car with someone she knew and things turned ugly. This would help explain why LE has interviewed and cleared the partygoers - Maddy probably didn't leave the party in a struggle. She probably got in a car with someone she knew, therefore she seemed normal. I think it is very possible that none of the partygoers saw anything suspicious or even saw Maddy leave.

Her friend had stated on her Facebook page that she told Maddy she was leaving the party and said she could come with, but Maddy said she didn't want to leave her truck or belongings behind so she decided to stay. I think Maddy eventually wanted to leave the party since she was kind of alone (her friend stated that people at the party were more like acquaintances than good friends) so she asked someone she knew to either pick her up or come to the party and drive her home in her truck. With the latter, she could eliminate the concern of leaving her truck behind.

The reason I think someone may have driven her truck with her in it is because LE/her parents/her friend found her purse still in the truck. Maddy's belongings were still at the campsite, including her rings, so robbery was not a motive -- this also suggests the crime was more personal, potentially someone she would trust driving her truck or at least getting into a car with. I think the person knew the rings would identify her so they drove back to the lake with her truck, parked it in the same spot, put the rings outside the tent, and left. That way, it looked like Maddy never left the party.

The only confusing part about this theory is the tent. If Maddy had packed her tent up with the intention of going home, I think it's possible her kidnapper set her tent back up with the intention of making it look like she never left the party. Sounds a little crazy, but it's a small thing to do if you're trying to cover your tracks.

Another note about the rings -- I don't think she took them off herself as a sign that something was wrong because it seems a bit odd that if she was leaving in a struggle that she would have the time to do that (how many rings was she wearing? How tight were they on her fingers? How long would it have taken her to remove them?). Also, why would she drop them at the campsite where people would obviously be looking regardless if her rings were there or not? Why not leave a trail?

Furthermore, it sounds like the rings may not have been there until Sunday because that's when they were found:

Maddy's friend's facebook page said:
It was SUNDAY that I went looking for her with the RCMP, searchers, family, and everyone that was looking for her that I found the RINGS and gave them to Maddy's Mom. 48 HOURS makes it look like I found all of that the next day! If I had I would have gone straight to the Police.

She went to the campsite on Saturday looking for Maddy. She called her, looked at/inside her tent (she mentioned it looked "messed up" inside the tent on 48 Hours), but nothing alarmed her or made her think anything was wrong. Then on Sunday she went back again and found Maddy's rings outside her tent. Were they there on Saturday and the friend just missed them? Or did they show up on Sunday, indicating someone placed them there?

Great first post Portia!

Someone going and then coming back is certainly possible.

I wonder if Madison kept her purse locked up in her truck for safety the entire time she was at the lake. That way she could enjoy the party, but not worry about someone stealing something from her purse.

...and welcome to Websleuths!

Great first post Portia!

...and welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Welcome to Ws. portia, thanks for the great post!

Thank you both :)

Someone going and then coming back is certainly possible.

I wonder if Madison kept her purse locked up in her truck for safety the entire time she was at the lake. That way she could enjoy the party, but not worry about someone stealing something from her purse.

I think she kept it locked in her car. I think it would be safest that way. With someone leaving and coming back, it answers a lot of questions. But the overarching question is, would someone go to all that trouble?

This article from 2011 about the " Highway of Tears ", also references Madison.
Wonder if anything came of the the " elderly man " sighting and if true, could he have anything to do with this case ?

bbm
"Police have said that eight of the disappearances in particular appear to have been linked, and may be the work of one individual.

The sole breakthrough in the mysterious case came in April last year, when police released a sketch of an elderly man who attempted to kidnap a 20-year-old woman near Highway 16 - however, he has not been found."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tery-Canadas-missing-women.html#ixzz39qcJBcU7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This article from 2011 about the " Highway of Tears ", also references Madison.
Wonder if anything came of the the " elderly man " sighting and if true, could he have anything to do with this case ?

I don't think I ever heard about that. The timing is right so it's possible. I wonder if LE have looked into that at all. I'm guessing not, but I have faith :giggle:

Has anything simple been done? Like posing a curfew, random car stops/checks, heightened patrolling? You would think with all the murders and missing women, something would be done to make that stretch of road a bit safer.

Just a few thoughts/questions...

Does anyone here know much about human trafficking in Canada? Would a girl like Madison be a target for the sex trade? I don't think she really fits the common profile for a sex trafficking victim but I guess it's possible...? Also, I don't know how likely it is that someone would target her at 3 a.m. at a remote location like a party on a lake.

What about women who get abducted and are held captive? I just keep thinking about the three girls in Ohio who were captured by Ariel Castro. Michelle Knight was 21 when she was captured, but I don't know how common that is for someone that old to be captured and held captive for years at a time.

I really hope she is found alive and one of these two scenarios is true. I assume they've been monitoring her bank account and online activity (at least I hope they are).

One last question - was she the only person to pitch a tent at the party and camp out? If so, that would make her stand out as a target for anyone trying to take advantage of someone. It's just weird that no one saw or heard anything so I wonder if she was the only person there when she went missing.

I think someone from the party knows what happened to maddy

I fully agree, and am actually of the mind that everyone who was there knows what happened. What's always stood out to me is that all of the party-goers (some 40+ people?) just up and left in the middle of the night. I mean, really? They were all partying at a campsite 25 kms away from the nearest town until 3am yet no one was planning on camping? Not likely, in my opinion. Nor does it seem at all normal to me that several party-goers were back at the campsite just 7 hours later "cleaning up" yet not even bothering to see if Maddy was in her tent...

I just hope someone breaks and talks soon. Madison's family deserves closure.

Hopefully now that ottawa has got off thier asses and finally decided to pass the bill for the DNA to be put in one big site so testing can be done without a hold up were gonna see alot of cases solved by this one new bill being passed by the government it just may bring some closure for this familly...

Hopefully now that ottawa has got off thier asses and finally decided to pass the bill for the DNA to be put in one big site so testing can be done without a hold up were gonna see alot of cases solved by this one new bill being passed by the government it just may bring some closure for this familly...

For anyone who might be interested, started a thread about the new DNA data bank..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-missing-persons-case&p=11146456#post11146456

something that i found strange .I havnt seen the 48 hours one yet but i did watch a one hour documentry on The vanishing of madison scott..Its on you tube and was done over 2 years later but they do not mention this other murder and they dont even mention the rings at all ...This was done like a 48 hours only no one is asking questions they just tell the story and different people tell thier story or feelings or whatever but why wouldnt they mention something like that sounds odd to me if you have a chance go to u tube watch ..The Vanishing Of Madison Scott..It's by (faithlovehope findmaddy)..

Ok i just watched the 48 hours episode . My thought about the Best friend are theres no way she had anything at all to do with the murder I agree she is guilty of being a ****** friend but she is way to immature to have had anything to do with the actual murder and pass a polygraph..

I've been following this case for quite awhile. I was acquainted with someone from Prince George and their reaction to the 48 hours show was that there was quite a bit of inaccuracy in it, but at least it gave Maddy's case exposure.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/opinion/editorial/48-hours-hurts-city-s-reputation-1.1037016

something that i found strange .I havnt seen the 48 hours one yet but i did watch a one hour documentry on The vanishing of madison scott..Its on you tube and was done over 2 years later but they do not mention this other murder and they dont even mention the rings at all ...This was done like a 48 hours only no one is asking questions they just tell the story and different people tell thier story or feelings or whatever but why wouldnt they mention something like that sounds odd to me if you have a chance go to u tube watch ..The Vanishing Of Madison Scott..It's by (faithlovehope findmaddy)..

BBM: If the other murder you're referring to is that of Fribjon Bjornson, I remember reading a long time ago posts from both families - possibly on the Facebook pages - that they didn't believe there was any connection. The police also have explicitly stated there is no connection.

Even though Scott and Bjornson knew each other, police and their families say they don't believe there are any links between the two cases.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...de-witnesses-silenced-by-gang-fears-1.1202737

Also from that article is a great deal more information about Fribjon's murder:
They say residents of the area have told them four or five gang members attacked Bjornson in the basement of the house, perhaps after learning he had just cashed a paycheque worth several thousand dollars.

Bjornson was tortured, but his attackers went too far and he was killed, according to several sources who spoke to CBC News. His body was then dismembered, and the parts were disposed of, perhaps thrown into nearby Stuart Lake, which borders the reserve.

For some unknown reason his head was left in a nearby vacant house, where it was discovered three weeks later when investigators found Bjornson's abandoned truck nearby.

Back to Maddy, here's a youtube video from CKPG from this spring, the 3rd anniversary of Maddy's disappearance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dESf77vBh7c

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry
Back