CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article from 2011 about the " Highway of Tears ", also references Madison.
Wonder if anything came of the the " elderly man " sighting and if true, could he have anything to do with this case ?

bbm
"Police have said that eight of the disappearances in particular appear to have been linked, and may be the work of one individual.

The sole breakthrough in the mysterious case came in April last year, when police released a sketch of an elderly man who attempted to kidnap a 20-year-old woman near Highway 16 - however, he has not been found."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tery-Canadas-missing-women.html#ixzz39qcJBcU7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Anyone know where the sketch of the "elderly man" can be found ??

Anyone know where the sketch of the "elderly man" can be found ??

Name of someone mentioned in article initialed bm..
rbbm.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/highway-16-serial-killer-being-884230

"Despite the terrifying chain of disappearances and murder, the best lead so far came from a 20-year-old woman who escaped an attempted kidnapping last April.

A man had flagged her down on the side of the road in a Dodge pickup truck with flashing emergency lights blazing.

When she got close to him, he tried to bundle her inside, but she struggled free and called the police.

She gave police a description of her attacker – an elderly man with long white hair – and they released a sketch of the suspect.

But still no arrest has been made.Previously, in 2009, it appeared the Mounties had got their man.

Hundreds of officers raided a house in Isle Pierre, close to Highway 16, following a tip-off.

The property was once owned by L S, already behind bars for killing his own brother. But a major search failed to turn up anything".

Sketch in this link..
https://wenswritings.wordpress.com/...dnapping-attempt-in-kamloops-bc-april-1-2011/

My heart goes out to all the parents and loved ones of these beautiful young ladies.

I was unfamiliar with Maddy's case and others regarding "Highway of Tears" until I saw it this eve on 48 Hours Hard Evidence. Don't know if this has been posted here before but thought I would post it as there is much information. MOO.

This story originally aired Nov. 17, 2012. It was updated on Dec. 21, 2013.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-explores-the-mysteries-and-murders-along-the-highway-of-tears/

I haven't read everything surrounding Maddie's disappearance but is there any evidence that foul play was involved? Could she have just gone for a walk, and gotten lost/disoriented? The area is very remote, but also very beautiful, even at night I am sure the scenery is beautiful. Also, what are the odds that a serial killer happened to be in this remote area at the exact time as the party? I feel it either has to be someone(s) from the party or there is a different explanation. I feel terrible for the family, still not having any answers but w/ an area that rugged I am sure it is almost impossible to search it all. I hope they can have some answers soon.

:welcome6: TooManyHobbies

Thanks for bumping the thread.

It is an ultra peculiar case...you have me wondering ---> what would Occam's razor say???

:thinking:

I haven't read everything surrounding Maddie's disappearance but is there any evidence that foul play was involved? Could she have just gone for a walk, and gotten lost/disoriented? The area is very remote, but also very beautiful, even at night I am sure the scenery is beautiful. Also, what are the odds that a serial killer happened to be in this remote area at the exact time as the party? I feel it either has to be someone(s) from the party or there is a different explanation. I feel terrible for the family, still not having any answers but w/ an area that rugged I am sure it is almost impossible to search it all. I hope they can have some answers soon.

Welcome TooManyHobbies! Thank you so much for joining us and contributing your thoughts and insight.

I don't think there was direct evidence of foul play, however, if I recall correctly (please chime in here fellow WSers) there were some 'suspicious' circumstances. For example, her tent was partially pulled down, and, her watch (or was it a ring?) was found lying in the dirt. If she had simply wandered off to explore the lovely local scenery, why would this have been the case?

You do raise a wonderful point though. If she was slightly intoxicated, could she have simply wandered off? Does anyone know how much of the local area has been searched on foot?

Hi people,

I'm new to this case (I read a lot about it over the last week) and I'm very interested in the rings.

They were found by JD outside the tent on Sunday while she was at the camp site with MS' parents.

Don't you think it's weird that the rings and the earring were found at the same spot. I know some people speculate that she left them there as a way to signal that there was something wrong but, to me, it doesn't make any sense.

If she was abducted from her tent, there is no way that she had the time to think of that, and to chose to remove her rings and one earring instead of fighting for her life (physically).

I think the rings were planted there to make it appear like she was abducted from her tent.

Also, there is the fact that her purse and backpack were locked in her truck. Why would she leave everything in her truck while sleeping in her tent? And what about her shoes? I doubt that she slept with her shoes on or that her abducter (if there was one) ordered her to put them on before dragging her out of the tent.

My head is so full of theories and questions right now! I hope there are still people here who are following this case.

Yes. I have followed this case since I first became aware of Madison's disappearance. Always hoping for updates and a resolution for her loved ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know that someone used sonar on the lake but did divers go in as well?>

I know that someone used sonar on the lake but did divers go in as well?>

It's actually quite confusing. They say this

"We had the dive team out on the lake [Friday], using sonar. They will be out on the water for eight to nine hours," said provincial RCMP spokesman Sgt. Rob Vermeulen. We will be using a diver to check the water around the campsite.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/divers-plunge-into-madison-scott-mystery-1.1088943

So I guess there was at least one diver from the team who went into the water.

Thank you so much to the newer posters here on Madison's thread. Your views are important!! Let's hear from others too shy to post so far, as well!

Madison Scott went missing 4 years ago today. Her family still doesn't know where she is. They are hosting the 4th annual All in for Maddie Poker Ride. Let's make sure there doesn't need to be a 5th.

There's a reward of up to $100,000 for tips/information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for her disappearance. Someone knows something! Please, please, please contact Crime Stoppers!

maddy-grad-pic-150x150.jpg

http://madisonscott.ca/

Madison Scott missing for four years
Citizen staff / Prince George Citizen
May 29, 2015 09:00 AM

Snipped:

Madison Scott has been missing for the last four years. The Vanderhoof RCMP issued brother Ben Scott's statement on behalf of the Scott family.

My name is Ben and my sister, Madison, is a young, vibrant 24 year old woman who went missing from Hogsback Lake on May 28, 2011. Maddy has since been missing as a member of our community for 1462 days. On behalf of the family I would like to provide an update regarding our search and awareness efforts for Madison Scott.

madison-scott-missing-for-4-jpg.jpg

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/madison-scott-missing-for-four-years-1.1951616

i am so shocked that police haven't gotten someone who was at the party to spill. someone in the larger friend group knows what happened. this nightmare has been way too long.

did people often camp in the area in which madison went missing? any reports in the past of 'creepers,' random sketchy people who would hang around camp areas?

Madison Scott vanished May 27/28 2011 - from near prince george

Tyler Fetterly police issue a media release requesting to speak to Tyler. Tyler has not been seen since early October 2011 - last seen in prince george

Fribjon Bjornson found murdered February 2012 - from near prince george

Police wanted to speak to Tyler about something, they say it was not an arrest, but they were looking for Tyler's help with something;
http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/article/20111020/PRINCEGEORGE0101/310209995/-1/PRINCEGEORGE/

Apparently Tyler was living a "high risk" lifestyle, which includes drugs. Fribjon was of a similar age to Tyler, Fribjon 26 / Tyler 26 - they were both connected to drugs or users of drugs. It is my assumption that they knew or knew of, each other.

Madison knew Fribjon, rumours say they may have dated, but regardless it has been reported that they knew each other. So there is a connection there.

My theory is there is some connection between the 3 of these young people all going missing within an 18month period, all of similar ages, some possible connections as I listed above...

My theory is;
Tyler was at the party where Madison went missing or Tyler heard about the party and what happened to Madison. (I am not suggesting he had a role in her going missing, but I believe he was present or may have saw something)
Police began looking to speak to Tyler about Madison, but now Tyler is gone missing.
Could the theory include Fribjon being involved with Tyler being missing, I am not sure. Could Fribjon's murder be in retaliation for Tyler going missing, again I am not sure.
There have been arrests recently in Fribjons murder, maybe this will shed some light on motive, if any.
http://globalnews.ca/news/974165/four-people-arrested-in-connection-with-2012-murder-of-fribjon-bjornson/

if someone has time, maybe sleuth out the names of those arrested for connections to Maddie or Tyler. I will try to later on today.

is there a chance tyler fetterly lives in white rock, british columbia now? found a twitter account of that description. did other people report that tyler was at the party?

what this the type of friend group that covers for people's dirty dealings/drugs etc? what is the social climate

edit: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Eugene-Fetterly-26-Prince-George-BC-Oct-2011

so tyler seriously went missing. was he ever found??? any updates on this??? this seems like it would be quite a promising lead

is there a chance tyler fetterly lives in white rock, british columbia now? found a twitter account of that description. did other people report that tyler was at the party?

what this the type of friend group that covers for people's dirty dealings/drugs etc? what is the social climate

edit: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Eugene-Fetterly-26-Prince-George-BC-Oct-2011

so tyler seriously went missing. was he ever found??? any updates on this??? this seems like it would be quite a promising lead

I can't find any mention of him since about the time that LE said they wanted to talk to him.

Does anyone know what his earlier "kidnap" charge was about??

Would be good to find out what happened to Tyler Fetterly, could he have known what happened at the party and someone shut him up?

There's always an outside chance that the remains found at Canmore will be hers. They still haven't been identified as far as I'm aware.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry
Back