GUILTY Canada - Makayla Chang, 16, Nanaimo, BC, 19 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really don't understand why the Cummins thread is getting SO much more attention than this one???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that update doesn't give us much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why the Cummins thread is getting SO much more attention than this one???

One, no U.S. AMBER alert. Two, not as much detail being reported. Three, no sightings or pings or suggestions about where they might be. Four, no evidence Kayla agreed to go with the man. Five, the man who likely took her was not a pillar of the community with status as an upstanding, religious family man and teacher.

Based on the Find Makayla FB page, it sounds like SB was questioned and released. He is not in custody. I wonder where he's been for the past 15 days?

We still don't know where Makayla is.

where is she mr bacon? i know you know where she is, let her come home.

Based on the Find Makayla FB page, it sounds like SB was questioned and released. He is not in custody. I wonder where he's been for the past 15 days?

We still don't know where Makayla is.

Now that's strange!

Const. Gary O’Brien said Bacon has spoken with police. He would not say where Bacon was located or whether he had been with Makayla or knew of her whereabouts.

It seems to me that if they had confirmed that SB had not been with Kayla, LE would have said so.

He said investigators across the Island, the mainland and the U.S. are searching for clues to Makayla’s whereabouts. Searches have been carried out at a Bruce Avenue home and the ravine area of Colliery Dam Park.

RCMP speak to man, 53, in connection with missing Nanaimo teen Makayla Chang

Nanaimo RCMP have located a man they've been looking for in connection with a missing teenager.

Police have spoken with Steven Bacon, 53, regarding their search for Makayla Chang, 16, who was last seen on March 17.

They previously thought Chang may have been with Bacon but they are still looking for the teen.

RCMP Const. Gary O'Brien won't say if Bacon, who is not in custody, gave investigators information regarding Chang's whereabouts.

"Mr. Bacon was never considered a suspect, said O'Brien, who wouldn't say whether Bacon was with Chang when she originally went missing.

RCMP speak to man, 53, in connection with missing Nanaimo teen Makayla Chang

Never a suspect?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Colour me confused.

Never a suspect?

That is what they are saying.

Update- Makayla CHANG missing person’s investigation
Nanaimo

2017-04-06 15:38 PDT

File # 2017-8049

As of Thursday April 6th, Steven BACON was located by the Nanaimo RCMP and he has spoken with police. He is no longer being sought by investigators.

The investigation into the whereabouts of Makayla CHANG is continuing. If anyone has information on her disappearance they are asked to contact the Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345. If you wish to remain anonymous contact Crime Stoppers at www.nanaimocrimestoppers.com , text 274637, keyword Nanaimo or call 1-800-222-8477.

Released by

Cst. Gary O'Brien

Media Relations Officer
Community Policing Services, Nanaimo
303 Prideaux St, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 2N3
Office: 250-755-3257
Cell: 250-713-0701
Fax: 250-755-3238
Email: gary.obrien@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Update- Makayla CHANG missing person’s investigation

I guess technically they never named him as a "suspect"...but just said they were looking for him as he may be traveling with her and/or may have knowledge. (And, of course, forensics was searching his house for 2 days.)

Their comments are still cryptic enough that we will have to wait for the entire story. They haven't said that SB has been cleared of involvement in MC's disappearance. She may have taken off somewhere (hopefully), or, she may no longer be with us.

No new "news". Where are you Makayla?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298