GUILTY Canada - Man, 26, beaten, tortured, starved, Regina, Sask, 16 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish we would see an update on how Dustin L. is doing ... this is such a terrible case :(

I too would love an update. This story is horribly fascinating. I wish the best for the young man and his family; and I hope the roommate is picked up soon. Thanks to you and the others who have posted. I plan to keep following it. I am a newbie and not very computer savy, but in time I hope to be able to make my own contributions. cocolafay

D u s t i n L a F o r t u n e . c o m

You can send Get Well postcards to Dustin at;
Dustin LaFortune
c/o REGINA GENERAL HOSPITAL
1440 – 14th Avenue
REGINA SK S4P 0W5
CANADA

Dustin likes pictures of Eagles and he would also appreciate funny cards and handmade/drawn postcards. Postcards from everywhere! We want to cheer him up and give him hope!

PLEASE NOTE: We are requesting that only postcards be sent. The reason: due to security, envelopes cannot be opened by the hospital staff so they will hang on to them until one of Dustin’s family members arrives. This means that family members will need to spend time opening envelopes rather than being with Dustin. Thank you for your understanding.

O/T - OMG tarabull, your avatar pic is just killing me! So cute. Sorry, had to comment on it. It gave me a huge smile.

Ryan LaFortune wrote on their Support page the following:

"Ryan LaFortune Hi all you wonderful folks. The LaFortune family is running ito a quagmire of legal problems in 4 provinces. BC, Alberta, Sask, and Manitoba. A wide range of Issues about health care, Dustins legal rights and rebuilding his Identity that Paxton stole, Victims services, setting up a trust fund etc. It has been a nightmare of being stonewalled by bureaucracy at every corner.

*** We are not a wealthy family***

Advice or council would have to be pro bono.

Please contact Renee LaFortune or myself in a private message, or post advice here.

PLEASE ONLY LAWYERS REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...start=0&hash=f6f7f93394dd5ab1e38a766af973dccf

Ryan LaFortune wrote on their Support page the following:

"Ryan LaFortune Hi all you wonderful folks. The LaFortune family is running ito a quagmire of legal problems in 4 provinces. BC, Alberta, Sask, and Manitoba. A wide range of Issues about health care, Dustins legal rights and rebuilding his Identity that Paxton stole, Victims services, setting up a trust fund etc. It has been a nightmare of being stonewalled by bureaucracy at every corner.

*** We are not a wealthy family***

Advice or council would have to be pro bono.

Please contact Renee LaFortune or myself in a private message, or post advice here.

PLEASE ONLY LAWYERS REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...start=0&hash=f6f7f93394dd5ab1e38a766af973dccf

If you read the facebook page, the family is claiming that this is a hoax and that Spirit Trade is a fictitious company. The plot thickens....

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=115158128523890&topic=184

I could not care less if he is close to his family or estranged, whether they are well off or not. My concern is Dustin. First/foremost. Regardless of his relationship or lack thereof with his family, or part of it, I wish him well. No-one should have to go through whatever was done to him, no matter the time span it occurred during nor whether he was starved or not.

Look at that man's face. No one deserves what was inflicted on him.

LaFortune investigation ongoing, Regina police say
Last Updated: Tuesday, June 1, 2010.

The investigation into the disturbing physical assault of Dustin LaFortune, who turned up at a Regina hospital in April, has not resulted in any charges, police said Tuesday.

"The victim remains in hospital and police are continuing this investigation," police said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon.

For the first time, Regina police laid out some details of how they have been handling the case.

According to the news release, police were called at 9:43 a.m. CST on April 16 about a man who appeared to be the victim of an assault.

The man was not able to give a statement, but police identified him as Dustin LaFortune, 26, and found that he had been reported missing from Calgary on April 12

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/s...ne-police-investigate-1061.html#ixzz0pjWSv62x

I've been keeping tabs on Lindsey's fb (the old girlfriend-mother of his child), the family's fb, and that gangstersout blog.

Many have been frustrated with the family's site because posts are deleted left and right if anybody asks any questions in regards to Hells Angels, drugs, fight club references, you name it. I understand that the family wants a supportive environment, but when you invite 40,000+ people into your living room and definitively claim to KNOW that a business partner brutally tortured your estranged son, you have to expect curious people to question relationships, history, drug use, etc. Trust funds, donations, ipad funds....it's all trickling in by very well-meaning folks, but it may be in the family's better interest to lay low for a bit. Disengage the open discussion and just post updates to Dustin's progress.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that Dustin Paxton (the partner accused of torture) would drop Dustin LaFortune off at a hospital. But who knows....this case is getting stranger by the minute.

Some have suggested that LaFortune was addicted to meth. Does he look like a meth-head? Or at least administered controlled drugs throughout his ordeal? According to the family, there was no drugs or alcohol found in his system.

We don't know the toxicology results from the November 2009 hospitalization. But again, according to the family, he suffered stab wounds and multiple facial and bodily fractures. Was he tortured??? Was he in a fight club?? Was this a drug-related beating?? Lindsey posted the emails he sent to his mother during this hospital stay, asking her to call him. He claimed at the time that it was a work-related injury. So again, we don't really know what was going on in his life. But I have to ask.....isn't a hospital legally required to get the authorities involved if they suspect a beating has occurred?

Is Paxton really hiding, or did something happen to him as well? People in the know have stated that he's sold perscription drugs. Was Dustin a willing participant in getting the crap beaten out of him for a 10-month supply of oxicodon and it went too far? After all, this is second lenghthly hospital visit in less than a year and a half.

Then there's the drama with Lindsey and her daughter not being able to visit Dustin without the family's supervision. She's the one that reported him missing in the first place. Seems like she was a bit too candid with her responses to questions for the family's liking. Her fb's accepting donations as well.

I continue to pray for Dustin's sure and steady recovery. He looks SO much better in these short few weeks. I doubt very much if he was able to comprehend police questioning back in April, let alone be able to say "Paxton did this to me." If the police were taking this admission seriously, I cannot imagine why they wouldn't place APBs out for his immediate questioning.

Does anyone remember the movie Seven ? If not you should find and watch it just to understand the terror involved. Dustin reminds me so much of the victim "sloth" in that movie. This poor man. It is amazing that he is still alive.

I've been keeping tabs on Lindsey's fb (the old girlfriend-mother of his child), the family's fb, and that gangstersout blog.

Many have been frustrated with the family's site because posts are deleted left and right if anybody asks any questions in regards to Hells Angels, drugs, fight club references, you name it. I understand that the family wants a supportive environment, but when you invite 40,000+ people into your living room and definitively claim to KNOW that a business partner brutally tortured your estranged son, you have to expect curious people to question relationships, history, drug use, etc. Trust funds, donations, ipad funds....it's all trickling in by very well-meaning folks, but it may be in the family's better interest to lay low for a bit. Disengage the open discussion and just post updates to Dustin's progress.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that Dustin Paxton (the partner accused of torture) would drop Dustin LaFortune off at a hospital. But who knows....this case is getting stranger by the minute.

Some have suggested that LaFortune was addicted to meth. Does he look like a meth-head? Or at least administered controlled drugs throughout his ordeal? According to the family, there was no drugs or alcohol found in his system.

We don't know the toxicology results from the November 2009 hospitalization. But again, according to the family, he suffered stab wounds and multiple facial and bodily fractures. Was he tortured??? Was he in a fight club?? Was this a drug-related beating?? Lindsey posted the emails he sent to his mother during this hospital stay, asking her to call him. He claimed at the time that it was a work-related injury. So again, we don't really know what was going on in his life. But I have to ask.....isn't a hospital legally required to get the authorities involved if they suspect a beating has occurred?

Is Paxton really hiding, or did something happen to him as well? People in the know have stated that he's sold perscription drugs. Was Dustin a willing participant in getting the crap beaten out of him for a 10-month supply of oxicodon and it went too far? After all, this is second lenghthly hospital visit in less than a year and a half.

Then there's the drama with Lindsey and her daughter not being able to visit Dustin without the family's supervision. She's the one that reported him missing in the first place. Seems like she was a bit too candid with her responses to questions for the family's liking. Her fb's accepting donations as well.

I continue to pray for Dustin's sure and steady recovery. He looks SO much better in these short few weeks. I doubt very much if he was able to comprehend police questioning back in April, let alone be able to say "Paxton did this to me." If the police were taking this admission seriously, I cannot imagine why they wouldn't place APBs out for his immediate questioning.

IIRC, Paxton's description, photo, and truck info were released. Unless I've lost my mind, which is entirely possible. :crazy:

ETA: an arrest warrant was issued for Paxton in one province but not nationwide.

Wyome, IIRC their is surveillance video of the roomate dropping the vic off at the hospital.

some of his injuries from that 'work accident' included stab wounds
wonder how that happened ...
:waitasec:

I don't see what that website has against Dustin's family or why their family dynamics are relevant to this crime

Dustin was assaulted - why does it matter what kind of relationship he had with his mother?

sometimes tragedies like this bring us closer to our family

bbm I thought the work accident was in the fall of 2009 and the stab wounds were last month. Do you have copies of the medical records from the work accident to show stab wounds, can you sight a source please?

I have read the entire gangstersout blog that Patsy posted a link to along with viewing screen captures of the facebook pages with posts that have since been removed. This family has crossed the line as far as I am concerned. They are exploiting this poor man. Whatever has happened to him there is no reason to splash shocking pictures of him everywhere they can. I could never do this to my child and if I had a parent who held me out for the world to see I would rather have died. I don't believe he could point to a suspect let alone name one. I wish I had never watched that video....he will never be the same. I have seen pictures of him after the accident last fall and he is very much thinner than the photo his family has shown. A picture of him and his daughter shows that. The family is unashamedly using this as a way to gain sympathy and funds for themselves. JMHO!

um, could we get back on topic? Last time I checked the thread was about Dustin and the injuries inflicted on him. TOS clearly state no sleuthing of loved ones who are not POIs or relevant the the case.

None of us know Dustin's family and their dynamic is not relevant in any way shape or form to the unspeakable beating that young man endured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back