GUILTY Canada - Marc, 42, Debra, 48, & Jacob Richardson, 8, slain, Medicine Hat, 23 Apr 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Moments before he was slain by his pre-teenage daughter's adult boyfriend a Medicine Hat man asked why, a court heard today.
He was told "because your daughter wanted it that way," a prosecutor told a Calgary jury.
Crown lawyer Ramona Robins said the dad's killing was part of a plot Steinke carried out with his then-12-year-old girlfriend to wipe out her family so they could be together.
And, Robins said, Steinke was later overheard telling other innmates he had killed the girl's parents while she finished off her eight-year-old baby brother.

link

He casually confesses to murdering two people in cold blood, but some of his most chilling words are of castles, ninja swords and gothic weddings. Welcome to the twisted and childlike mind of an accused killer, captured via a microphone hidden in a prison van, and coaxed from Jeremy Steinke by a police officer masquerading as a fellow convict.

link

Thanks for this update. I was wondering what happened with his case. Wow, so sad.

It is difficult to follow this case of depravity. Hearing the taped comments of JS on the radio yesterday and today was chilling. Such evil, both him and the girl....sick and evil.

Jurors were overcome with emotion today as they viewed gruesome crime scene photos of a triple homicide. Some in the six-woman, six-man jury wiped away tears, particularly when they were shown an eight-year-old boy, slain in his bed.

link

ITA Sandra,my worst thoughts are JR is going to get out and lord knows where she will live.I don't want anyone to ever forget these two.

Accused triple murderer Jeremy Steinke’s DNA was found on a ski mask which also contained the blood of one of his alleged victims, an expert testified today.

The blood-stained items were found in a bag in the box of the pickup truck in which Steinke and his 12-year-old girlfriend were arrested.

link

Jurors had to take an early lunch break during the middle of testimony of medical examiner Dr. Craig Litwin. As Litwin detailed the multiple stab wounds to the father, showing jurors photos of each injury, one juror asked for a recess.

link

Accused tried to recruit friend to kill Alta. family, court hears

CALGARY - Days after telling friends he wanted help to kill his 12-year-old girlfriend's family, Jeremy Allan Steinke described being nearly choked unconscious by the girl's father before managing to stab him to death, witnesses told the jury during his murder trial Monday.

link

He casually confesses to murdering two people in cold blood, but some of his most chilling words are of castles, ninja swords and gothic weddings. Welcome to the twisted and childlike mind of an accused killer, captured via a microphone hidden in a prison van, and coaxed from Jeremy Steinke by a police officer masquerading as a fellow convict.

link

OH MY GOD! I just listened to the clip and I am absolutely speechless. I seriously wanted to throw up after listening - he's bragging about it! I really think BOTH Jeremy and JR are pure evil....It scares the carp out of me that she will be out of jail so soon.

I really feel sick now. Wow, I hope he rots.

Alta, thank you so much for keeping us updated with all the links. This is such a horrible tragedy and I can't believe more people aren't following it. This case touched me like no other when I first heard about it. Mostly, because it's so hard to comprehend that a 12 year old girl would have not only participated in, but IMO planned it. It just sickens me.

jmo

Your very welcome Panda,I am surprised more have not been following this trial either.It just boggles my mind how a 12 year old plans a triple murder and convinces an adult to participate.As for the Co-accused Kacy Lancaster ,she did more than give them a ride with no supposed clue.She is also accused of trying to get rid of one of the knives used in the murder.She tries to come across as all innocent but in J.R.'s trial other kids at this party they attended after the fact testified they bragged about that night.So she was aware of what had happened.This case just makes me furious.:furious:

Alta, thank you so much for keeping us updated with all the links. This is such a horrible tragedy and I can't believe more people aren't following it. This case touched me like no other when I first heard about it. Mostly, because it's so hard to comprehend that a 12 year old girl would have not only participated in, but IMO planned it. It just sickens me.

jmo

Your very welcome Panda,I am surprised more have not been following this trial either.It just boggles my mind how a 12 year old plans a triple murder and convinces an adult to participate.As for the Co-accused Kacy Lancaster ,she did more than give them a ride with no supposed clue.She is also accused of trying to get rid of one of the knives used in the murder.She tries to come across as all innocent but in J.R.'s trial other kids at this party they attended after the fact testified they bragged about that night.So she was aware of what had happened.This case just makes me furious.:furious:

I agree completely with you about Kacy. Even IF she didn't know what they did as she claimed, she still wiped BLOOD off of his truck! I would be absolutely horrified if one of my friends asked me to do that...no way would I ever do that...even if she thought it was from a fight he got into, it's still disgusting. She deserves jail time too, IMO.

In a distressing case of life imitating art, Jeremy Steinke blurted out the step-by-step plot to murder his girlfriend's family as he watched a movie featuring parents killed by young lovers, an Alberta court heard today.
Bailey Davis, 16, said she was hanging out drinking at Mr. Steinke's trailer home in Medicine Hat in April, 2006 watching Natural Born Killers the night before a local family was slain.

link

I am not sure when she goes to court for her charges in this case,but I am pretty sure she will get some jail time.Well deserved IMO.

I agree completely with you about Kacy. Even IF she didn't know what they did as she claimed, she still wiped BLOOD off of his truck! I would be absolutely horrified if one of my friends asked me to do that...no way would I ever do that...even if she thought it was from a fight he got into, it's still disgusting. She deserves jail time too, IMO.

CALGARY - Jurors cringed and knit their brows Thursday morning as a blood stain expert took them on yet another photographic tour of a southern Alberta home where three members of a family were stabbed to death on 2006.

Gruesome images of blood found on walls, stairways, toys and beneath the bodies of a family killed inside their otherwise tidy home painted a disturbing portrait of their final moments.

link

CALGARY — Jurors won’t know until Monday whether Jeremy Steinke, accused in the deaths of his girlfriend’s parents and eight-year-old brother, will take the witness stand in his own defence.
That’s when defence lawyer Alain Hepner will make his election whether to call any evidence on his client’s behalf.

link

CALGARY — The unemployed, adolescent dropouts and petty criminals Jeremy Steinke hung out with in the spring of 2006 recalled the haze of drugs and alcohol that filled the days before and after an Alberta family was allegedly murdered by their friend.
The ragtag group of witnesses paraded by Mr. Steinke yesterday as he sat, head down, in the prisoner's box. They painted a picture of a man, then aged 23, who muttered about plans to kill his 12-year-old girlfriend's family. And they shared recollections of the young couple partying while they recounted grisly details of the killings just as the blood-soaked bodies of the girl's mother, father and eight-year-old brother were discovered in their Medicine Hat home.

link

Snipped from the news story above:

"He told me that he killed [J.R.'s] family the night before."
He said he "gutted them like fish," Mr. Whalley said.

That's when J.R. chirped in with her own version of events, he told the jury: "She said she killed her little brother and that he gargled. She sat there on the end of the bed and watched him gargle."

This is the girl they are going to release into our society in about 4 years.It scares the crap out of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back