Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier thread post had linked this actually there are a number of important videos here mostly around the Okotoks sighting. Both mother and father in separate interviews use the word "brainwashing" I mean by way of explaining how she could possibly be selling dream catchers in Okotoks. Both concur that she was far more likely kidnapped. Which would mean back to those few metres on Mayfair or some variation.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...mariam_091202/ "'

So someone called crimestoppers to say she had been to the store in Okotoks. Who was the person who called one of the people from the store or someone else? (I wonder). What group would be selling dreamcatchers and soliciting donations to aid Guatemala? Mother brings up a good point if her why not more sightings? I remember Warmington saying maybe she really was there it is possible. I think the sighting was on or around her birthday. That has to be a coincidence (?) since how would the caller be able on Mariam's birthday to say someone had spoken to her to know that? Something is bothering me about this those sightings. Lethbridge highlighted on the screen map along with Calgary and Okotoks. Reason I am linking to following will explain at some point.

Georgian uprising on Texel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lethbridge posted on the media map on Global though not part of the story since I don't rule out someone manipulating the story by LE and media (either within or without) and don't rule out that someone was 'marking' her birthday Oct. 27th (sighting also police finally requisition Forest Hill library computers on that date (I think) I will be a bit wild and link to a possible etymology (not the real one Lethbridge is named after someone) but Lethe and Bridge.

http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/PotamosLethe.html

Lethe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okotoks remarkable for its unusual environmental policies linking population growth to the surrounding water table. The stores where she was seen where 1. Sun Ray Kitchen and BATH and 2. Finishing Touches. Also Hinton (Clinton).

Okotoks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia section on water conservation

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-checking-possible-mariam-sighting-in-alberta-1.460510

Several videos

Interesting detail is that Finishing Touches owner probably of Hungarian descent might know an Eastern Europe accent reasonably well.

And someone who might have seen her in Red Deer: (see comments following article).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ng-miriam-makhniashvili-toronto-sighting.html

Here it is: "I recently (last month) had a girl with this same description approach me in Red Deer at the OJ's restaurant. She had a thick accent and was selling dream catchers. The following day she happened to knock on the door of where I work in Innisfail with the same story of how she is travelling and trying to make some money; I cannot recall where she said she was from nor can I say for sure that the picture provided in this news story resembles her. If anything, it must be the same girl that has been seen in Okotoks.

Although she was very friendly, she must have another source of income to be travelling as I don't imagine many people are purchasing her dream catchers as she was literally going door to door."

In the first video previous post does V.M. say that her brother volunteered for Core? Not sure if I am hearing that right and if so if it is the org. for emotionally challenged adults on Springhurst. Just above Marilyn Bell Park near the old Harry's restaurant. If you google Core and Toronto you will find info I don't want to link - not 100% sure that is what V.M. says though.

Arrgh too many clues.

Just to illustrate that it is possible..
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/25963.pdf
"Broadcast time: 16:15
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
55 Division
416−808−5500
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a suspicious incident.
It is reported that:
− on Monday, March 18, 2013, at 9:20 a.m., a man entered the women’s washroom of
Riverdale Collegiate Institute in the Gerrard Street East/Jones Avenue area
− the man stayed in the washroom for one hour before he was noticed by the school staff
The suspect is described as black, 20−25, 5’10”, medium build with short black hair. He was
last seen wearing a beige parka, a black hat, black pants and carrying a black backpack".

"Forest Hill C.I. principal Peggy Aitchison said
"My message to the community would echo what the police have said, and that is, look around your own homes to see if there's any evidence that Mariam might've been there, because she's staying somewhere," Aitchison said. "The second message to Mariam would be that we all encounter problems in life or chqallenges, and sometimes those problems in life seem unsurmountable and we have to run away from them, but all problems can be solved and I want to help Mariam solve her problems."
Aitchison was asked if she believes Mariam was going through difficult times, to the extent she would want to run away.
"It's only speculation on my part," Aitchison said. "I don't have any reason to believe she wasn't happy, and I don't have any reason to believe she's the victim of foul play."
what a strange thing for the prinicpal to say! She did not even know this girl...

Myself adding: yes didn't know yet somehow does seem to know.....

From first Mariam thread around the 18th or 19th September 2009.

If you google the Principal of FHCI as of 2009 and the site Rate my Teachers (normally to be taken with a major grain of salt) there are a series of strange complaints by students that 1. the Principal constantly took the photos of students some though she was the school photographer also photos of the outside of the building 2. the P. also confiscated the phones of students and kept them for days.

Not sure what MM would have made of this since she was shy. If it was still happening in 2009.

Also from same week on WS 2009 Mariam's mother quoted:

We love you, whatever happens to you, we miss you, we don’t care about anything else. We want you back. Please remember this, 911. If you don’t have your backpack with you, you don’t have our numbers,” Lela Makhniashvili told a scrum of news cameras gathered on the front lawn of the apartment building near Bathurst Street and Eglinton Avenue West where the family lives.

“Anywhere, you can dial 911 Marika please.” Interesting that the poster highlighted the sentences "If you don't..." and "Anywhere you can" - two things here:

1. never myself distrusted Mariams family but I always found this reference mysterious why would they think she didn't have her backpack? But I assume that it is because the number was in the backpack and her Mom assumed that if she had the backpack she would have called.....

2. Also strange is that the "if you don't have your packpack" sentence was highlighted (you gave to go back to the original thread page 1) by the poster - they don't explain why their concern at that early point seems to be whether her name was Mariam or Marika....... wish I knew why that early poster highlighted that sentence......since the backpack didn't become an issue till Oct. 8th.

also post 28 thread 1 quoting media "Principal P. A. said she has received e-mails from parents asking for photos of Mariam to post in their workplaces. They’ve offered to help search the area, an idea she passed onto police, who are looking to organize a public search this weekend. Photo again.

also post 59 thread 1 " I'm with Turbo thinking that something seems off with her telling her brother that she was going to go into the school through a different door, why not do the natural thing and walk with him and then part ways when you only have to?

To me it suggests that she was either trying to avoid something inside, or she was excusing herself in order to leave the school".

I have always though "meeting" "avoiding" interesting.

post 73 thread 1 more from Principal: And with so little information to go on, all sorts of theories are being bandied about by residents of the Bathurst St. and Eglinton Ave. W. area where the newcomer to Canada was last seen.

However, Peggy Aitchison, the teen's principal at Forest Hill C.I., remains optimistic that Mariam will be found safe and sound.

"I want Mariam to know that she is still in control, that she can talk to the police, or she can talk to me," Aitchison said yesterday, adding she hopes the teen "just walked away" for some unknown reason.

"I don't want her to think that if she comes forward she will be pressured into anything," she said.

"I want her to know there are lifelines available and that I'm one of them."
Mariam went missing on what would have been her fifth day at Forest Hill, so Aitchison never even met her.

But the principal still feels as though the teen is her responsibility.

For anyone still interested including any of Mariam's friends in Georgia still following I think it is important to go back over the threads including the early days and months. If anyone want to private message me (an amateur enquirer into MM case) instead of posting please do so!

Clarifying: "that poster" in previous post who highlighted for reasons not clear to me the sentence about "not having your backpack" was TurboDodger no longer active so no way to ask.

]http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...llegiate_teacher_arrested_on_sex_charges.html

"
A teacher at Forest Hill Collegiate has been arrested on charges of sexual assault and sexual exploitation involving female students.

C P, 40, of Toronto will appear in a Toronto court Thursday.

P. was charged Wednesday with sexual assault in relation to an incident allegedly involving a female student in 2011, and sexual exploitation in relation to an incident this month that allegedly involved another female student, police said in a statement released Thursday"

Innocent till proven guilty I want to emphasize: but interesting he not only attended Mariam's funeral but was quoted in Star: he was the one who said it was nice to hear about Mariam's happy childhood but also that she was a "happy girl" he meant at Forest Hill with many interests music etc. Spoke of "closure". Phys-ed teacher I think? Elsewhere students comment on his "sick car" (I think they mean cool) a "roaring mustang". Also teaches science.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/t...final-goodbyes/article2380366/?service=mobile

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/26202.pdf
BBm
"1. three counts of Sexual Exploitation
2. Sexual Assault
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, April 18, 2013,
at 10 a.m.
Police believe there may be more victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−1300, Crime Stoppers
anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...llegiate_teacher_arrested_on_sex_charges.html
“We believe some of the (alleged) incidents could have taken place during school hours or under his supervision,” Sgt. Savas Kyriacou told the Star.

Parkin teaches gym, and has been a registered teacher in Ontario since 1997, according to provincial records. He also earned qualifications to work with children with learning disabilities.

“I was alerted to this very late last night and informed the teachers and students this morning,” wrote Peggy Aitchison, principal of Forest Hill Collegiate, in a message to the school community Thursday. “We arranged to have social workers here today to provide support for students and staff.

“This news has caused distress throughout the school today. You may wish to spend time this evening talking about this news with your child.”

OT, Unrelated?

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/1...ted-bombers-speaks-to-sun-from-etobicoke-home

"TORONTO - The Etobicoke aunt of two men tied to the Boston Marathon bombings doesn’t want to believe her nephews are being labeled terrorists.

In an exclusive interview with the Toronto Sun Friday morning, Maret Tsarnaev said Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, and his older brother Tamerlan, 26, were being framed.

“This is a huge tragedy for the family,” Tsarnaev, 45, said. “My brother’s two boys, they are growing up so fast. My first reaction is, ‘Why the hell would they do this?"

Canada 411 has Tsarnaeva not Tsarnaev as reported in media. For what it is worth.

This article explains the sexual exploitation charge:

"According to the Toronto Police Service, the charges against the 40-year-old Mr. Parkin involved two different students.

There may be other victims, the police said.

Mr. Parkin is alleged to have sexually assaulted a student in the 2011 school year, the police said in a press release.

He is also alleged to have sexually exploited another female earlier this month, the police statement said.

Sexual exploitation is defined in the Criminal Code as a person in authority having sexual contacts with a young victim.

Mr. Parkin is alleged to have sexually assaulted a student in the 2011 school year, the police said in a press release.

He is also alleged to have sexually exploited another female earlier this month, the police statement said.

Sexual exploitation is defined in the Criminal Code as a person in authority having sexual contacts with a young victim.

A year ago, Mr. Parkin was quoted in the media after he attended the funeral of a Forest Hill student, Mariam Makhniashvil. He expressed sympathy for her but said he had not taught her.

Here is the section in the Canadian Criminal Code 153.

153. Sexual exploitation

153. (1) Every person commits an offence who is in a position of trust or authority towards a young person, who is a person with whom the young person is in a relationship of dependency or who is in a relationship with a young person that is exploitative of the young person, and who

(a) for a sexual purpose, touches, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, any part of the body of the young person; or

(b) for a sexual purpose, invites, counsels or incites a young person to touch, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, the body of any person, including the body of the person who so invites, counsels or incites and the body of the young person.

Punishment

(1.1) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of one year; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 18 months and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of 90 days.

Inference of sexual exploitation

(1.2) A judge may infer that a person is in a relationship with a young person that is exploitative of the young person from the nature and circumstances of the relationship, including

(a) the age of the young person;

(b) the age difference between the person and the young person;

(c) the evolution of the relationship; and

(d) the degree of control or influence by the person over the young person.

Definition of “young person”

(2) In this section, “young person” means a person 16 years of age or more but under the age of eighteen years.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 153; R.S., 1985, c. 19 (3rd Supp.), s. 1; 2005, c. 32, s. 4; 2008, c. 6, s. 54; 2012, c. 1, s. 13.

Clip with Semyon Mog., Umarov etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg1ymsqV3nc&feature=youtu.be&a (thinking of a couple of posts on this thread)

From above link.
A former York University football coach who was arrested on charges relating to child *advertiser censored* faces eight additional charges in the child-luring investigation.

"Daniel Younis, 24, was the recruiting coordinator and running back coach for the York University Lions football team when he was first arrested on Feb. 21.

At that time, he was charged with luring a child and attempting to make child *advertiser censored*.

On Monday, police arrested Younis as second time, and he was scheduled to appear in court that same day.

Police report that between January 2011 and February 2013, the suspect allegedly engaged three boys, aged 16 and 17, through cell phone and Internet chats"

1. Oddly never thought through Mariam taking any kind of drug even marijuana even though when I grew up use at my high school appeared to approach 100%. Very much doubt it but no need to make anyone a saint and thinking that way can obscure getting at the truth. So I append this on drug use in Tblisi. Mostly marijuana, next ecstasy really a dance/party drug though so surely Mariam would not be interested - stimulants that is interesting because of someone I am interested in in relation to MM case - anabolic steroids that is interesting. Can't see it myself but lots of oldsters have thought that way and been wrong. Thinking of 40th anniversary this week of unsolved Tedford Stearne homicides possibly looking for a bit of grass for a party end up executed in a field. Here it is though again I doubt Mariam used drugs or had money for them.

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/country-overviews/ge

2. Stephen Lapowich disappearance (see thread) not common name not sure if related to others that name live near Shallmar. Appears to be totally different thing than Mariam I should add.

3. The catwalk on the bridge over the 401 is an intriguing space but Mariam couldn't have fallen from there as I understand the place she was found someone please correct if I am wrong. Unless moved.

4. Random or not so random places I am interested in in relation to Mariam just in case they strike a chord with anyone's researches 1. Harry's restaurant on Springhurst possibly other locations of that restaurant. 2. this location of the Canadian legion branch 344 also Queen's Own Rifles there also offices for Dragon Boat Races previously building belonged to Shriners it is near Marilyn Bell Park. http://www.qor.com/community/legion.html
3. Ching Kwok Buddhist Temple "bless" dragon boats.
4. large size women's fashion store on Yonge Street near Sporting Life now defuct I don't mean Mariam would shop there.
5. any of the employment offices Mariam went to with family summer 2009 though I do not know which ones. Or public/social service orgs any kind
6. talent agencies etc. both in her building, on Shallmar or on Eg. East.
7. Myriad related fashion and talent photographers very close to FHCI incredible number also photographers at Dragon Boats.
8. other schools private or public that someone might tell Mariam she could switch to.
9. Was she o/w involved with YMCA or YWCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme