Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

First I want to say that I am not supporting PA, as I don't know her. (I do know of certain professionals in the education business that simply don't belong there, but I have no clue as to whether that applies to PA.)

But...I do notice that some of the comments from the above site have remarkably similar (i.e. exact) wording, which implies to me that some of the posts come from the same person. I think it's important not to rely on these sites too much unless it is clear that the comments come from many people.

I have no idea whether PA is good or horrible, I just don't want to "look only for evidence to support my theory". We all know what some of these websites can be like.

P.S. - I'm not implying that anyone here on WS has done that...as it was simply posting what is out there without expressing an opinion, but I fear that some other readers might take all comments on those kind of sites as gospel.

First I want to say that I am not supporting PA, as I don't know her. (I do know of certain professionals in the education business that simply don't belong there, but I have no clue as to whether that applies to PA.)

But...I do notice that some of the comments from the above site have remarkably similar (i.e. exact) wording, which implies to me that some of the posts come from the same person. I think it's important not to rely on these sites too much unless it is clear that the comments come from many people.

I have no idea whether PA is good or horrible, I just don't want to "look only for evidence to support my theory". We all know what some of these websites can be like.

P.S. - I'm not implying that anyone here on WS has done that...as it was simply posting what is out there without expressing an opinion, but I fear that some other readers might take all comments on those kind of sites as gospel.

Many of the comments (it seemed to me prior to MM period) complain about her taking pics of students. This is more important to me than the negative feedback. Also the student who claims she had her phone taken away while outside the school grounds.

That would actually be a theft if true.

I think the posters comments are wondering about the P.'s motives. If you read through them no I do not think they are the product of a single mind. No it is not gospel. This is WS so we are operating on almost nothing. If I go in to the division at Yonge Eg. and say I interested in M's fate imagine the response. A rebuff for sure.

Outcast's posts do deserve a more nuanced reading IMO though Snoopster by all means not critical of you and your point is an excellent one.

Just to say I feel a bit of energy about the MM case these days. Can't put my finger on it. Just a kind of vague excitement that something is happening. I hope so.

Pace Snoopster there does seem to be some animus towards her from the students. Honestly that is not very common. As vague as it is Rate my responses seems to me usually have a grain of truth. Students are not idiots. It is up to to her IMO and the school to explain the picture taking fetish. And I mean fetish until o/w explained.

I understand that we are looking for the facts. However, I have my own personal experience with PA, and I can tell you that she is not a very kind and caring person, not at all, and I can attest to that. I am just saying that there was much more going on during Mariam's first week in that school than we know through media. The portrayal of Mariam and her family as new immigrants unaccustomed and with poor language skills was totally wrong. This was one strong family with many talents. Their strength was tested by the Toronto District School Board. Unfortunately for them, the test was not a test of knowledge. If it were test of knowledge and talent, I am sure that they would be the one on the winning side and Mariam would have been alive.

I understand that we are looking for the facts. However, I have my own personal experience with PA, and I can tell you that she is not a very kind and caring person, not at all, and I can attest to that. I am just saying that there was much more going on during Mariam's first week in that school than we know through media. The portrayal of Mariam and her family as new immigrants unaccustomed and with poor language skills was totally wrong. This was one strong family with many talents. Their strength was tested by the Toronto District School Board. Unfortunately for them, the test was not a test of knowledge. If it were test of knowledge and talent, I am sure that they would be the one on the winning side and Mariam would have been alive.

Outcast; without sounding obtuse, what do you mean by that last sentence?

Wondergirl, I am not implying anything here that is not yet proven. Not at all. I am just saying that what was happening in the first week of school somehow contributed to Mariam's fate. This is JMO. It is based on my intuition, some information that was not available publicly and the fact that Mariam was very ambitious and conscientious young woman. I know that police interviewed each and every one student in the school and no one even knew who Mariam was. However, that is not important here. What is important is how she was treated by school administration and how she was told that she was less functioning than she really was. Even media portrayed her as very shy with little language skill. I disagree. I wanted to say that I see a strong connection between her first week in that school and her disappearance. What really happened: will we ever know?

Wondergirl, I am not implying anything here that is not yet proven. Not at all. I am just saying that what was happening in the first week of school somehow contributed to Mariam's fate. This is JMO. It is based on my intuition, some information that was not available publicly and the fact that Mariam was very ambitious and conscientious young woman. I know that police interviewed each and every one student in the school and no one even knew who Mariam was. However, that is not important here. What is important is how she was treated by school administration and how she was told that she was less functioning than she really was. Even media portrayed her as very shy with little language skill. I disagree. I wanted to say that I see a strong connection between her first week in that school and her disappearance. What really happened: will we ever know?

I am only unsure how we get from Mariam being misunderstood at the school (likely or certain) and her being found dead. Since I assume you are not talking about the suicide idea I know you are against it. I have trouble thinking of a scenario there..... what you are thinking.

[modsnip]

I am only unsure how we get from Mariam being misunderstood at the school (likely or certain) and her being found dead. Since I assume you are not talking about the suicide idea I know you are against it. I have trouble thinking of a scenario there..... what you are thinking.

[modsnip]

I am thinking that there is some kind of connection between her first week in that school and her disappearance. I am going to stop now, because anything else I will see will be pure speculation. I just want to keep open mind about what could have happened.

What do you think happened, Outcast?

Wondergirl, I do not want to speculate here. I am just saying: we do not know all the facts about her first and last week in that school. We know that each and every student was interview by police. How about teachers, school administrators, etc. How media portrayed Mariam was not true picture of her. That is all what I want to say.

Well of course if the still outstanding charge against a teacher there was redolent of a larger issue among even a very small number of t.

But if they were just not understanding of Mariam surely that would be endemic. If not why her?

I am interested in the notices torn down and the Wiki that got attacked for just being about a missing girl.

I am interested in where her bag was found.

I am interested in who bankrolled Langer's interest in the case and in the Eg. builiding.

I am interested in the link between Studio City and the Eg address.

I am interested as to why VM thought organized gang taking her. It is not as though Georgia is a crime free society there was a case where a teacher hung his students and then documented it with a camera. A 17 year old girl? Why think org. crime?

Many thought there was a "find me" element to the bag find site. I will link to a an old message of mine in a sec

Had cab ride with driver who knew M case well mentioned case of brilliant student in TO killing himself Bayview 17 school for gifted one key on my com is not working so to narrow country with karachi as ca/ital anyone know what school that might be

In some earlier thread someone emphasized how benign the Yonge Eglington neighbourhood is pleasant yuppies, young people etc. Apart from the info on 120 Eglinton East that "Robert Fridman" dug up there is some interesting material on the area in Andrew Mitrovica's book Covert Entry Spies Lies and Crimes Inside Canada's Secret Service. In the chapter on Russian spies Dmitriy Olshevsky and Yelena Olshevskaya who lived under the name and "legend" of Lambert at 77 Roehampton it is pointed out that CSIS (for Americans this is the Canadian CIA approximately) rented apartments there at 77 and at 100 Roehampton. (Mariam's backpack found between 101 Roehampton and 120 Eglinton East.) p. 194 of that book says "Farrell (then a CSIS agent) discovered that Richard Garland (also from CSIS) had (also!) rented a bachelor apartment at 100 Roehampton Avenue and that the neighbourhood was TEEMING WITH CSIS OFFICERS NOT LINKED TO THE OPERATION" (against the Russian couple, the fake Lamberts they were, incredibly, working on different things). By the way one of the Russians took his name from an infant whose remains are at the Toronto Necropolis which is about 100 metres maybe a bit more from where Mariam was found at the golf course. It had occurred to me the Necropolis would be a good place to store/hide a body and/or would be a good source of skeletal remains or so I thought before the DNA test came in and of course as we know these are foolproof. The above case was from the late 90s not very recent). (According to Mitrovica: a dentist who worked and lived around there was in charge of the Russian plot and at one point earlier different CSIS agents had broken into his office accusing him of hiding data in the Russian couple's teeth). My info is not irrelevant in that it challenges the mainstream idea in media that just because it is fairly prosperous nothing goes on around Yonge and Eglinton etc. etc. I admit I had hoped for a "plot" element like that of the opera "Two Boys" that I saw at its world premiere in London England last year - but that is no doubt the stuff of fiction. But suddenly the area teems with meaning, is no longer blase.

remind of few things here not sure if anyone read at the time

way back but agent said he literally ran into others on the street. The Tor. lawyer relevant to the the case here above said "thank God her mother (Mariam's) is still ok". How does that make sense if a suicide or a sex killing? would love to know what he has heard through legal gra/evine sorry key stuck

nec. is just other side of the 401

in terms of what would lure Mariam I am still interested in the film festival ticket idea pinocchio also this film anyone georgian might know what i mean not coco chanel her self but a famous model early 20th century

http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards....anel-new-york-toronto-film-festival-premiere/

I am thinking that there is some kind of connection between her first week in that school and her disappearance. I am going to stop now, because anything else I will see will be pure speculation. I just want to keep open mind about what could have happened.

Do you think an ugly incident like this may have occurred?

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/12/08/3-teens-charged-after-brampton-girl-bullied-on-video-2/

"In the video a young girl is being both physically and verbally bullied by two other girls. The voice of a male can also be heard in the background. The young girl is then robbed of her cellphone.

On Monday, police said that the incident occurred on Oct. 24 and that an investigation led to the arrest of three minors on Oct. 29. Two 17-year-old girls and a 17-year-old boy were each charged with robbery. Their identities cannot be revealed due to the Youth Criminal Justice Act."

New!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/12/15/vakhtang_makhniashvili_denied_parole.html

"A Toronto man who experienced a violent breakdown after his teenaged daughter’s mysterious disappearance and death has been denied full parole.

Vakhtang Makhniashvili, 54, was sentenced to four years and eleven months in custody on December 8, 2011, after pleading guilty to three counts of aggravated assault in stabbing attacks.

In reaching their decision earlier this month, Parole Board of Canada officers expressed unease that he has not yet come to grips with his delusional disorder.

“Your continual denial to admit you suffer from delusional thinking places you at risk to society without supervision,” a board panel wrote, denying him full parole.

After his guilty plea three years ago, a court ordered Makhniashvili deported to the Republic of Georgia, but this month’s parole board ruling expresses doubt that this may happen immediately after he is freed.

“The institutional parole board officer advised the Board that a community strategy has been initiated in the event that Mr. Makhniashvili is unable to be deported at his statutory release date,” the Parole Board decision states."

New!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/12/15/vakhtang_makhniashvili_denied_parole.html

"A Toronto man who experienced a violent breakdown after his teenaged daughter’s mysterious disappearance and death has been denied full parole.

Vakhtang Makhniashvili, 54, was sentenced to four years and eleven months in custody on December 8, 2011, after pleading guilty to three counts of aggravated assault in stabbing attacks.

In reaching their decision earlier this month, Parole Board of Canada officers expressed unease that he has not yet come to grips with his delusional disorder.

“Your continual denial to admit you suffer from delusional thinking places you at risk to society without supervision,” a board panel wrote, denying him full parole.

After his guilty plea three years ago, a court ordered Makhniashvili deported to the Republic of Georgia, but this month’s parole board ruling expresses doubt that this may happen immediately after he is freed.

“The institutional parole board officer advised the Board that a community strategy has been initiated in the event that Mr. Makhniashvili is unable to be deported at his statutory release date,” the Parole Board decision states."

I wish him the best. All good things. And the same to anyone he hurt if he did more good things and the same.

By the way Gojer his psych. same as screwy LM case. I loved the artful media attempt to place the LM case as far back in media as would seem feasible.

Yes I would love to know those delusional thoughts. Which are facts?

By the way OK so I have involved myself slightly in this. My fear of Mr. M.....zero.

I wish him the best. All good things. And the same to anyone he hurt if he did more good things and the same.

By the way Gojer his psych. same as screwy LM case. I loved the artful media attempt to place the LM case as far back in media as would seem feasible.

Yes I would love to know those delusional thoughts. Which are facts?

By the way OK so I have involved myself slightly in this. My fear of Mr. M.....zero.

too obscure few messages ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_Princess_Eristavi

I was wondering while I was reading this article:

1. If Mr. VM was delusional, why he was not NCR-ed and allowed psychiatric care?
2. Why is parole board so concerned about his mental state, while they release to the community others who acted erratically and they continue to act that way anyway. Is it because he is an immigrant?
3. I am seriously concerned that great injustice was done to Mr. VM. This not to find an excuse for his violent acts. But how is it possible that a man can "graduate" from quiet family man, professor to violent criminal offender who is not believed
4. I still have problem with how MM disappearance was on the surface thoroughly "investigated", leaving an impression that there was no stone left unturned, while there were so many holes in this investigation: for example - was staff at FHCI also questioned by police?

Many unanswered questions. Too many for comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya