Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know they would be categorized as home invasions, but in Jessica's case, he removed her from her home, took her to his cottage, and subsequently disposed of her body.

Just a lot of coinkydinks:

Dragon boat races (sponsored in part by the H&S Fdtn)
Air Show took place a week prior to Mariam's disappearance
Air Show involved military VIPs with VIP guest enclosure at Marilyn Bell Park
Mariam marshalled at dragon boat races the following weekend at Marilyn Bell Park
RW's date/time re his Sept 14 Alert Bay trip differed from date recorded by Quinte West Mayor John Williams
RW was known to attend courses at CFC in Toronto

Now the coincidence of where Mariam's body was in fact found

Dunno, but will revisit my past posts and think on it more

home invasions/break ins

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/10/18/col-williams-court-1018.html

Not saying your theory is wrong. I believe his thrill was to get into the homes of the victims. <shudder>

Mariam was allegedly abducted from school (if in fact she ever made it there that day). I guess she did but she had other things on her mind that morning. :(

Quoted from ~n/t~:

Mariam was allegedly abducted from school (if in fact she ever made it there that day). I guess she did but she had other things on her mind that morning.

According to her brother, Mariam DID walk to the school with him but left him in order to enter by a different door.

To sillybilly - you are making a good case here! All along, I was going with Mariam having committed suicide. And I'm afraid I don't know enough about the RW case to put together the kinds of coincidences that you are making. Thanks for that!! :)

Quoted from ~n/t~:

Mariam was allegedly abducted from school (if in fact she ever made it there that day). I guess she did but she had other things on her mind that morning.

According to her brother, Mariam DID walk to the school with him but left him in order to enter by a different door.

To sillybilly - you are making a good case here! All along, I was going with Mariam having committed suicide. And I'm afraid I don't know enough about the RW case to put together the kinds of coincidences that you are making. Thanks for that!! :)

Yes he did say that.

I don't feel Mariam's death was suicide. I don't want to belabour my old theory, but I had previously suggested a possible link between Mariam's case and Russ Williams. Mariam was found on a golf course just a touch northeast of where the CF College is on Yonge Blvd (a bit south of Earl Bales Park)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OPP charge Col. Williams with 82 additional charges

Well, i guess i am belabouring my old theory ;)

Have to admit that I still had questions concerning that potential link, especially since it involved 401 near golfing...

Have to admit that I still had questions concerning that potential link, especially since it involved 401 near golfing...

I have to pretty much discount my own theory regardless of all the strange coinkydinks ... the window of opportunity was so narrow and avoiding detection in broad daylight would have been almost impossible.

Even if we take Mayor Williams' account of the Alert flight having left Trenton at 1:00 pm on September 14, that would have meant that both a blitz abduction AND disposal of a body would have had to occur in daylight between the hours of approx 8:30 am and 11:00 am in a high traffic area ... (a highly unlikely scenario unless a body was kept somewhere and disposal took place at a future date).

Although Lela has her own suspicions that Mariam's death was not a suicide, I truly hope my suggestions are not horribly disturbing for Mariam's loved ones.

IMHO, the biggest coincidence would be that Mariam was abducted and thrown from an overpass onto the same parkland that she used to visit with her family. Why there? Why would a killer pick such a highly visible spot when there would have been so many other options?

Yesterday I had to drive west for 120 kilometers on the 401. It's a trip I've made dozens of times. Ever since the disappearance of Victoria Stafford in April of 2009, I've gotten in the habit of looking at both sides of the highway for possible places to hide a body. There are acres upon acres of them - fields, woods, construction sites, rock piles, bodies of water, abandoned buildings -- just innumerable locations where one could bury or conceal someone and not have it discovered for years, if ever. All within an hour of Toronto and that's just west, not counting going east or north. And then there are other overpasses, other bridges, Lake Ontario, etc. The possibilities are endless.

To me, the only thing here that is not a coincidence is that Mariam was found in a park that she was familiar with. One that was only an hour or so walk away from her home. In my mind, it reaffirms that her tragic, untimely death was one of her own choice. :(

JMO

R.I.P. MARIAM

Here is what I found from my very early posts:

11-06-2009, 10:15 PM
outcast
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2009
I already discussed this theory before. She may have been suicidal. What do we know about her mental state? What do we know about her at all? What if she decided just to walk, or run ( like Forest Gump ), just to walk outside of her life. It is not impossible. I can imagine that happening. Unfortunately

11-07-2009, 09:37 PM
outcast
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2009

Also, I would like to add that not all suicidal and very depressed people look that way. Many times persons with depression are very high functioning, and unbelievably strong in hiding it. It can happen also that person who plans to commit suicide is actually quite "happy" just before he/she does it. As if they made up their mind to end the pain ( because being depressed equals feeling emotional pain, that is equivalent to physical pain and hurts no less!), and now they can "relax" because they found the way out. Not seening the light at the end of the tunnel is one of the core features of the depression, and deciding to end one's life can be that light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how paradoxical it sounds. Unfortunately, not all persons who commit suicide confine to someone about their intentions. If they do, it is usually someone close to them. We all remember when George said that she may had been depressed. I did not make anything out of it at that time, because George looked himself confused and lost, and I thought that he was just speculating. Now when I think again, why would he use word "depressed"? Just my thoughts about what might have happened. Hopefully I am terribly wrong, and nothing I said jives with reality

But I still want to know if this is really what happened. Still, I am not sure that I understand how was she able to walk on that overpass, without anyone noticing...I am still not convinced that we know what exactly happened to Mariam.

On google maps, it shows a footpath (right next to a bus stop on Yonge street) leading to the 401 overpass. So Mariam may not have had to dodge traffic on the highway to reach the area where she supposedly jumped. It looks as if she could have climbed over a fence unobserved. I’m not sure if this link will work as it’s the first time I’ve tried linking to google maps.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=yonge+...W_t2aySN9eHDPGzUIe5dcg&cbp=12,230.67,,0,-5.59

Can someone please tell me if Mariam was found on the north or south side of the 401, and whether east or west side of Yonge. Thanks !!

(sorry, i've gotten confused with all the pics of such a busy area and my head isn't working great these days).

Can someone please tell me if Mariam was found on the north or south side of the 401, and whether east or west side of Yonge. Thanks !!

(sorry, i've gotten confused with all the pics of such a busy area and my head isn't working great these days).

from what I've seen, it appears to be South of the 401, West of Yonge.

On google maps, it shows a footpath (right next to a bus stop on Yonge street) leading to the 401 overpass. So Mariam may not have had to dodge traffic on the highway to reach the area where she supposedly jumped. It looks as if she could have climbed over a fence unobserved. I&#8217;m not sure if this link will work as it&#8217;s the first time I&#8217;ve tried linking to google maps.

I am just wondering how did she know about where to go to get to the overpass? If she took the bus with the intention of getting to that overpass, the question is: was she there before? From what I understand is that Mariam rarely went anywhere by herself. How did she end up there?

Backpack found in pristine condition, with lunch still inside, still puzzles me after supposedly being left behind and outside for approx. a month.

No apparent damage to the backpack by animals trying to get to the food.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

MOO

Backpack found in pristine condition, with lunch still inside, still puzzles me after supposedly being left behind and outside for approx. a month.

No apparent damage to the backpack by animals trying to get to the food.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

MOO

IIRC, the man in an adjacent building (janitor? manager?) found the backpack and set it aside for a period of time and then set if where it was ultimately found.

I don't have much time today, but maybe someone else can recall more detail on that.

from what I've seen, it appears to be South of the 401, West of Yonge.

Thanks Dion.

FWIW, the CFC is on the southwest corner of the DV Golf Course (at the corner of Wilson and Yonge Blvd) approx 1200 metres from where Mariam was found by the northeast corner of the course. Apparently the recovery site is near the first tee, where the clubhouse [restaurant?] is located.

IIRC, the man in an adjacent building (janitor? manager?) found the backpack and set it aside for a period of time and then set if where it was ultimately found.

I don't have much time today, but maybe someone else can recall more detail on that.

(includes video of backpack.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/10/10/11363701-sun.html
"Another Roehampton resident, Ali Nezhadi, said he saw Mariam's bag in the area "a few weeks ago," but figured it belonged to one of several teens who frequent the area.

Thinking someone would come back for it, Nezhadi said he moved the bag under an apartment balcony to protect it from the elements.

By the time another resident noticed Mariam's belongings inside and called police, it had been moved again and appeared to have been rummaged through, though nothing seemed to be missing, Nealon said"

http://lifewise.canoe.ca/Parenting/2012/04/02/19583346.html
Suicide rates among young, teenage girls on rise: Study"
"
"Suicide rates in Canada are increasing for girls aged 10 to 19 but decreasing for boys of the same age, according to an article published Monday in the Canadian Medical Association Journal.

""The prevalence and influence of the Internet and social media in the lives of young Canadians cannot be discounted in this discussion and warrants further research to understand its risks related to suicide," the study's authors conclude. "The term 'cybersuicide' has evolved to describe the numerous websites, chat rooms and blogs promoting suicide and suicidal ideation. Such sites are obviously troubling; yet, paradoxically, the Internet and social media also hold potential benefits for the prevention of suicide"

Watching the CP24 video Ali N. says that his wife is certain it was first there three weeks ago (he though it might have been two but she was sure) and he was certain it was a Monday - if they are both right about what they are certain about then it was there the day Mariam disappeared. It probably was not brought from a great distance o/w how did it remain in that are for three weeks being only moved around slightly. I think Eglinton and possibly the 120 Eg. address or the Roehampton address or any of the facing buildings are possibly (still) important. I have a feeling video was not searched in that area because the police incorrectly and unwisely surmised that she could not have made a simple 20 minute walk possibly along side streets. Or was driven of course. One thing to consider too, with her smarts, she might have found the school classes deadly boring. Lots of neqw foreign students are shocked by how backward Canadian high school education is sometimes at least two years behind what they are used to.

Unless the police release something different or more than they have then I feel certain this is a homicide not a suicide and hopefully some voices here will continue to research what happened to her. It is more important than ever. If all someone has to do to get away with homicide is leave a body (I think much later) under a bridge.....
I went to the area, the golf course a few days ago. I was challenged two very nervous construction workers or managers in a truck who claimed the area is a construction site and out of bounds and that I should leave the way I came in. I wish the police would reveal, with an x, exactly where the remains were found and exactly where she ostensibly jumped from.

It is hard to decide what makes less sense: that Mariam's remains lay undetected in what is really just brush for so long - or that she jumped from the busiest bridge in North America without being seen. Probably the latter. Getting to the area is no problem - there are no end of ways to get to York Mills. She could easily have negotiated the paths from Earl Bales for example: a CTV story said that she and her family went for walks "through the lush wooded trails that snake through the park." So to the golf course and up the road (right by the area she was found!) to Yonge. And this is where she would arrive but any other plausible route. She would then have to walk ON THE ROAD in incoming traffic along the lane leading off Yonge to the point on the bridge where she supposedly jumped. Hundreds indeed thousands of cars would have passed her. When I have a moment I will try to do a tally there of how many cars pass per minute and roughly what would be the shortest time it would take to get to that spot. Most suicides of course pause a bit thinking of this and that or summoning courage. In my opinion none of this happened and the case should be an open investigation. It is still a solvable mystery. But everything points to a homicide. And since I do agree with the police that the family is cleared then all the more reason not to let interest in this drift off since it would mean the possibility of a repeat.

Welcome on board Chorley8, great post!

It is hard to decide what makes less sense: that Mariam's remains lay undetected in what is really just brush for so long - or that she jumped from the busiest bridge in North America without being seen. Probably the latter. Getting to the area is no problem - there are no end of ways to get to York Mills. She could easily have negotiated the paths from Earl Bales for example: a CTV story said that she and her family went for walks "through the lush wooded trails that snake through the park." So to the golf course and up the road (right by the area she was found!) to Yonge. And this is where she would arrive but any other plausible route. She would then have to walk ON THE ROAD in incoming traffic along the lane leading off Yonge to the point on the bridge where she supposedly jumped. Hundreds indeed thousands of cars would have passed her. When I have a moment I will try to do a tally there of how many cars pass per minute and roughly what would be the shortest time it would take to get to that spot. Most suicides of course pause a bit thinking of this and that or summoning courage. In my opinion none of this happened and the case should be an open investigation. It is still a solvable mystery. But everything points to a homicide. And since I do agree with the police that the family is cleared then all the more reason not to let interest in this drift off since it would mean the possibility of a repeat.

Interesting point but what is the traffic like late at night? There's no reason to assume that she jumped during rush hour traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb