Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With dusk at 6:30 and sunset 7:00 at that time of year in Toronto she needs to be somewhere for 10 hours, probably much longer with no food or money. (It is true I think that there were repairs being done to the bridge at the time and there was less traffic volume). But there still a lot of traffic in the evening so it would have to be much later but then it is much harder for her to see where she is going, the layout of the bridge etc. And there is still traffic all night. The terrible thing is that the place where her remains were found IS a strategic place to leave a body (at some point I don't think September 2009). There is a road parallel to the on ramp leading down from Yonge coming south which leads under the bridge to a small cul de sac adjacent to the golf course where there is some kind of generator, a city building of some kind. You could also get there coming down from the north I believe. I do not know the exact place her remains were recovered but it is just a small number of metres away from the cul de sac. Up the embankment slightly there is a flat area which shows signs of use. Who would use the area and would surely have seen Mariam if she was there?: 1. Construction workers (in the CP24 photo aerial photos lot of what you see by the bridge are construction huts, materials etc. and as someone here has noted they were looking over, hanging off the bridge, generally working for a couple of years - as I have said I was stopped by a truck as I tried to continue along the road to leave 2. City Workers 3. possibly above all romancing or partying young people - there is graffiti under the bridge and as someone has recently noted there is a rather cool catwalk very very cool if you are young or an amateur urban archaelogist. If you looked down from there you would see Mariam someone would. She cannot have fallen from there though it is in the middle. (I am not suggesting Mariam was doing any of that just that it is a perfect place for other young people to happen upon her if her body had been there). 4. golfers and ground crew including people retrieving balls and if I may be inelegant scurrying into the brush for a moment to relieve themselves away from the course. 5. people walking their dogs, birders, someone catching site of a deer (I saw one in my brief visit). I have a feeling that if we are told exactly where her body was found there is going to be a problem with the physics of her body getting just at that point from the bridge. Is this why they closed the bridge for a bit later? (I don't know this for sure of course). And finally not to be macabre but anytime anyone dies in the open even from natural causes there remains are ALWAYS disturbed by wildlife and weather unless buried and usually even if buried. And thus the geographical area for someone to find SOMETHING increases.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22562319/...Second-Language-120-Eglinton-Ave-East-Toronto

1. First of all does anyone have any info about the the difficulty/plausibility/possibility of moving (staging) skeletal remains? Also how else might Mariam's found injuries ("consistent with a fall from a significant height') have been accrued? Someone might want to compare the case of John Connely or Connelly who fell from an apartment on Walmer Road Toronto listed a suicide the parents think he was killed there was a show on that case as well.

2. Secondly see the above link on 120 Eglinton East where Mariam's backback was found. I cannot make head or tail of this but someone has gone to a lot of work trying to link up business addresses at the building especially internationally including Russia. It mentions Mariam not the business links the author. And the online name Fridman (i.e. a pseudonym) is the same I believe used by Langer when he was contacting Mariam's relatives in Georgia to inquire about whether Mr. M. had bail arrangments (source W5 show). So is this Langer's work? If so maybe someone who understands computers better than me can figure out what point he would was trying to make. And if he is suggesting criminality which I suppose he is not (?) why throw it up on-line so casually? It does show complexity that there was a lot happening at the building actually quite interesting in its on right.

With dusk at 6:30 and sunset 7:00 at that time of year in Toronto she needs to be somewhere for 10 hours, probably much longer with no food or money. (It is true I think that there were repairs being done to the bridge at the time and there was less traffic volume). But there still a lot of traffic in the evening so it would have to be much later but then it is much harder for her to see where she is going, the layout of the bridge etc. And there is still traffic all night. The terrible thing is that the place where her remains were found IS a strategic place to leave a body (at some point I don't think September 2009). There is a road parallel to the on ramp leading down from Yonge coming south which leads under the bridge to a small cul de sac adjacent to the golf course where there is some kind of generator, a city building of some kind. You could also get there coming down from the north I believe. I do not know the exact place her remains were recovered but it is just a small number of metres away from the cul de sac. Up the embankment slightly there is a flat area which shows signs of use. Who would use the area and would surely have seen Mariam if she was there?: 1. Construction workers (in the CP24 photo aerial photos lot of what you see by the bridge are construction huts, materials etc. and as someone here has noted they were looking over, hanging off the bridge, generally working for a couple of years - as I have said I was stopped by a truck as I tried to continue along the road to leave 2. City Workers 3. possibly above all romancing or partying young people - there is graffiti under the bridge and as someone has recently noted there is a rather cool catwalk very very cool if you are young or an amateur urban archaelogist. If you looked down from there you would see Mariam someone would. She cannot have fallen from there though it is in the middle. (I am not suggesting Mariam was doing any of that just that it is a perfect place for other young people to happen upon her if her body had been there). 4. golfers and ground crew including people retrieving balls and if I may be inelegant scurrying into the brush for a moment to relieve themselves away from the course. 5. people walking their dogs, birders, someone catching site of a deer (I saw one in my brief visit). I have a feeling that if we are told exactly where her body was found there is going to be a problem with the physics of her body getting just at that point from the bridge. Is this why they closed the bridge for a bit later? (I don't know this for sure of course). And finally not to be macabre but anytime anyone dies in the open even from natural causes there remains are ALWAYS disturbed by wildlife and weather unless buried and usually even if buried. And thus the geographical area for someone to find SOMETHING increases.

She was probably wandering around and eventually headed towards the park. She could have spent time at the park thinking and perhaps she decided to jump late into the night. She may have spent hours thinking that no one cared about her and when she didn't return after school, maybe she expected someone to find her in the park where the family often walked. Maybe she sat there for hours hoping someone would call her name, and no one did. Maybe she was exploring and walked onto the bridge where there was construction and slipped into the hole in the middle of the bridge.

Here is the bridge under construction (can see the grass in the centre of the bridge construction):

MariamBridgeConstruction.jpg

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22562319/...Second-Language-120-Eglinton-Ave-East-Toronto

1. First of all does anyone have any info about the the difficulty/plausibility/possibility of moving (staging) skeletal remains? Also how else might Mariam's found injuries ("consistent with a fall from a significant height') have been accrued? Someone might want to compare the case of John Connely or Connelly who fell from an apartment on Walmer Road Toronto listed a suicide the parents think he was killed there was a show on that case as well.

2. Secondly see the above link on 120 Eglinton East where Mariam's backback was found. I cannot make head or tail of this but someone has gone to a lot of work trying to link up business addresses at the building especially internationally including Russia. It mentions Mariam not the business links the author. And the online name Fridman (i.e. a pseudonym) is the same I believe used by Langer when he was contacting Mariam's relatives in Georgia to inquire about whether Mr. M. had bail arrangments (source W5 show). So is this Langer's work? If so maybe someone who understands computers better than me can figure out what point he would was trying to make. And if he is suggesting criminality which I suppose he is not (?) why throw it up on-line so casually? It does show complexity that there was a lot happening at the building actually quite interesting in its on right.

I thought her backpack was found really close to her apartment. Was it in a completely unrelated place?

I thought her backpack was found really close to her apartment. Was it in a completely unrelated place?
Her backpack was found in the Yonge/Eglinton area which is about a ten minute walk from her school in the Bathurst/Eglinton area (her apartment was about 2-3 minute's walk further).

In response the backpack was found a mile or so from her home but basically a different neighbourhood. At the time the police emphasized that she and her family had no knowledge of the area but it is just a 20 minute walk or so. It would be an obvious magnet for a young person seeking even a smidgen of excitement and there is a large library there. Movie theatres bookstore clothing stores. Of course the notion that she went there for interest conflicts with the suicide idea and the kidnapping idea. If kidnapping the question is how could Mariam be lured into a car? - some possibilities and I would be interested in other ideas: 1. an authority figure especially in uniform either actual or fake e.g. police, army 2. someone knowing her family names and saying there had been a medical event or accident at home e.g. father is sick come quick etc. 3. by a woman or someone with a young child in the car to appear innocuous 4. by someone she knows even slightly for example in her building 5. someone asking for help for a minute with something in their car a birdcage a cat something innocuous. 6. Some have suggested someone speaking her language unsure about that one. Then of course there is the possibility of violent kidnapping possibly by more than one assailant if so where this is the one the principal found preposterous at least outside the school. Finally this might be a sensitive topic because of the violent incident at Shallmar the family home but the father accused the young neighbour of holding his daughter. I feel very bad for the injured young man but am very very interested to know why Mr. M. thought this. I know it is presented as a paranoid delusion but lots of genuine fears are dismissed by police and doctors as paranoid. (By this I mean not necessarily only this young man but perhaps anyone else in the apartment again including women). Also was Mr. M. being systematically harrassed in any way?

If she slipped through the middle she would be found directly under the bridge. And would be found same or next day that and the catwalk idea are out by the evidence of the police, where she was found it was in the "wooded" are she has to have jumped from the ramp if she jumped. Suicide: Mariam and her brother appear to be inordinately self-sufficient young people having lived together without their parents for a few years. There is a slightly challenging well grounded demeanour to many of her photos and there is that intelligent quizzical ironic smile. Her curiosity. Her love of her family. No way. What scares me: if Mr. M. felt taunted in his apartment - as I read it the placement of the body - I feel that the perpetrators (I think plural) were POSSIBLY communicating in some sick way to the family (e.g. taunting) OR were trying to implicate the family since Earl Bales and the golf course do join however MARIAM DID NOT KNOW THAT.

Sorry meant to say "not this young man" but possibly others in building or in the area - sounded like I am reimplicating that neighbour did not intend to. I meant 1. with the races the day before and 2. the change in route that particular day - possibility of someone observing/stalking/luring nearby and that Mr. M. had some sense of this but could not place from where.

.... Finally this might be a sensitive topic because of the violent incident at Shallmar the family home but the father accused the young neighbour of holding his daughter. I feel very bad for the injured young man but am very very interested to know why Mr. M. thought this. I know it is presented as a paranoid delusion but lots of genuine fears are dismissed by police and doctors as paranoid. (By this I mean not necessarily only this young man but perhaps anyone else in the apartment again including women). Also was Mr. M. being systematically harrassed in any way?

Thank you for this, Chorley. Like you, I feel deeply for this neighbour-victim of violence (as for all of Mr. M's victims) but Mr M. is a victim too. And just because he is delusional doesn't mean he's crazy, if you know what I mean
- which you have addressed so nicely. Thanks for such a thoughtful post.

This is the CP24 video that I think shows that most likely the backpack was actually first seen on September 14th the day Mariam went missing - a combination of what Ali N is certain of (a Monday) and his wife is certain of (3 weeks ago). He saw it before the other witness Maria B. Other people moved it around as well. It disappeared at some point he says. Let me know if you read this differently it relies on their being correct but they obviously thought and talked about it a lot.

Her backpack was found in the Yonge/Eglinton area which is about a ten minute walk from her school in the Bathurst/Eglinton area (her apartment was about 2-3 minute's walk further).

In fact, Yonge/Eglinton is more that just ten minute walk. If you walk at normal pace, it takes almost 30 minutes to get to Yonge/Eglinton from Bathurst/Eglinton where Forest Hill Collegiate Institute is located. Her backpack was found close to another high school - North Toronto Collegiate Institute in Yonge/Eglinton area.

I still think often about what happened to Mariam. Although she was "found", I feel as if she is still "missing" because we do not know what happened to her. I am hopeful that the police did not close this case. It is possible that they have more evidence than shared with public and that LE is just waiting for someone to come forward with missing piece of puzzle. I do not believe that Mariam committed suicide by jumping from the bridge. It is known that female usually "choose" less violent way to die. If Mariam wanted to jump, she did not have to walk for hours, she could have jumped from the seventh floor apartament where she lived at the time. Also, I think that there is no way that she could have walked on that overpass without being noticed by someone.

Although it is true that there was big stresfull change in her life, both family and academic, it seemed that her parents did all the right things to help kids start integrating in the society. Dragon Boat races are example of how Lela and Vakhtang were trying to help their teenage children to gain some independence and they were actually allowed to spend most of the time by themselves that day in what is supposed to be safe enviroment.

I hope that we will keep this thread active, with more sleuthing, until the day we find out what really happened to Mariam.

Just to point out: in searching via google at the moment it seems to be difficult to get directed to this latest thread. I need to type in thread 8 specifically to get directed. I realize interest in this case has lessened but this may be another reason for the lack of posts. Not sure why this is or if others have found this to be the case.

In some earlier thread someone emphasized how benign the Yonge Eglington neighbourhood is pleasant yuppies, young people etc. Apart from the info on 120 Eglinton East that "Robert Fridman" dug up there is some interesting material on the area in Andrew Mitrovica's book Covert Entry Spies Lies and Crimes Inside Canada's Secret Service. In the chapter on Russian spies Dmitriy Olshevsky and Yelena Olshevskaya who lived under the name and "legend" of Lambert at 77 Roehampton it is pointed out that CSIS (for Americans this is the Canadian CIA approximately) rented apartments there at 77 and at 100 Roehampton. (Mariam's backpack found between 101 Roehampton and 120 Eglinton East.) p. 194 of that book says "Farrell (then a CSIS agent) discovered that Richard Garland (also from CSIS) had (also!) rented a bachelor apartment at 100 Roehampton Avenue and that the neighbourhood was TEEMING WITH CSIS OFFICERS NOT LINKED TO THE OPERATION" (against the Russian couple, the fake Lamberts they were, incredibly, working on different things). By the way one of the Russians took his name from an infant whose remains are at the Toronto Necropolis which is about 100 metres maybe a bit more from where Mariam was found at the golf course. It had occurred to me the Necropolis would be a good place to store/hide a body and/or would be a good source of skeletal remains or so I thought before the DNA test came in and of course as we know these are foolproof. The above case was from the late 90s not very recent). (According to Mitrovica: a dentist who worked and lived around there was in charge of the Russian plot and at one point earlier different CSIS agents had broken into his office accusing him of hiding data in the Russian couple's teeth). My info is not irrelevant in that it challenges the mainstream idea in media that just because it is fairly prosperous nothing goes on around Yonge and Eglinton etc. etc. I admit I had hoped for a "plot" element like that of the opera "Two Boys" that I saw at its world premiere in London England last year - but that is no doubt the stuff of fiction. But suddenly the area teems with meaning, is no longer blase.

After entering the station second camera George seems to press something in his pocket (a GPS?, a phone?, a pager?) once and possibly twice. Try full screen to see clearly. Googling just Mariam Union Station will bring up the video. Wondering if kidnapping was feared for any reason? Eventually depending on the news I hope people will come back on this thread to help find out what happened to Mariam.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=69366
"Police describe Lika as an illegal immigrant from the former Yugoslavian republic of Macedonia, rumored to have been involved in transporting prostitutes into Italy, and killing a fellow Albanian in a blood feud.

In the United States, he allegedly ran a travel agency, using the Hawala system to funnel money to a sister office in Macedonia.

As with terrorists, investigators maintain, this system is often used to transfer drug profits without leaving a paper trail.

Ultimately, police say, Lika gained a reputation as the first major Albanian-American heroin dealer on U.S. soil.

As a team, investigators claim, Lika and Dika headed an operation that shipped everything from heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and Oxycontin to firearms and steroids to bootleg sneakers and cigarettes, hiding cash in truck transmissions, furniture and other receptacles"

Yes great Dotr and not irrelevant at all and the media stories don't emphasize that he was involved in smuggling of prostitutes in Italy. To add one more thing about the area - I actually began looking into the Yonge Eg area because I was aware that some members of a far right pro KKK anti African anti Semitic and anti-immigrant group lived VERY close to 120 Eglinton in Sept 2009. This is not my central theory about what happened though but given the proximity I did not rule it out. There was, in Sept. 2009 around 120 Eg. graffiti of a crazed monkey with a large knife above a skull with a swastika and another quite sophisticated graffiti of a similarly deranged mouse gassing/killing a helpless bird also a skull with a pink bow-tie on its head. (Evidence of this from a photo site). It would be great if someone could photograph graffiti at the bridge.
On the back wall of Mariam's apartment visible from the beltline path someone has written SORROW there is also a leering jeering Joker clown face drawn I think twice. Of course there is graffiti everywhere and it could mean anything. My own theory that I can not fully outline here involves two groups one young and maybe n debt due to drugs and gambling who lure Mariam for a second group. Possibly as an emergency solution to a pressing dangerous debt problem. The first group she knows the second she does not. I thus no longer think she was kidnapped per se but was lured under some pretext. In Mariam's sketchbook there is a page of busts and heads of men and women some cartoonish but one drawn a couple of times of what I assume is a stylish woman it shows some concern with image perhaps- so I am thinking of clothes/fashion/photography/job some offer or suggestion perhaps from someone who owned or worked at a clothing store at Yonge and Eglinton but lived near Mariam - that she knew, possibly a woman. I am giving weight to her going to the second entrance at school the easiest thing to slip off might be to continue around the school by the tennis courts and down the path to the beltline that runs back to her place or towards Yonge. She would be able to see the beltline path from her class. Camera-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member