Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would not put him at the right age, and I know that there has been SO much speculation about the MacVicar case. It got smothered by rumours from the start.

SNIP:
"MacVicar had been sexually assaulted and stabbed. Police believe her killer was in his mid-to-late 20s, angry, volatile, likely armed, and likely didn't know MacVicar."

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20090222/macvicar.JPG&imgrefurl=http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090222/OTT_unsolved_macvicar_090222/20090222/%3Fhub%3DOttawaHome&usg=__HFxT_06BBO-huuPOXBtCIzT7cYk=&h=120&w=160&sz=16&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=Ei4Re5-ji1UWoM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3DKathleen%2BMacVicar%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

I wasn't very clear, what I meant was it was if he is found responsible for that murder 8 years ago...there could be a number more...going back to around the age of 27. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as the police saying mid to late 20's that could just be a profile of what the likely age range was.

I wasn't very clear, what I meant was it was if he is found responsible for that murder 8 years ago...there could be a number more...going back to around the age of 27. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as the police saying mid to late 20's that could just be a profile of what the likely age range was.

Thanks!
Well 20s differs greatly from 40s, I think. (Or 37 as he would have been)

From what we know, we haven't heard of any weapons used- or anything of the sort. So far it sounds as if he wasn't into the weaponry as much as others rely on their blades. The two assaults that occurred were never clarified, nothing was released. Same with Comeau- but I am hoping they did that on purpose because NOTHING was released to us here. No warnings, no descriptions, nothing. The murder of Comeau was just sort of "ok, it happened".. But that was its entirety.

I can only hope now that the details can be released- that this was their way of not putting the investigation in jeopardy, anything to make sense of the lack of warnings to us.

So frustrating.

Oh I wish I could put my daughters in a bubble.......I don't believe in fate damn it. I do believe in guns. And no mercy towards killers of women and children especially.

Gals, can I just say that this is entirely heartbreaking. I know the family, and sometimes I maybe get too involved with this stuff. It sickens me to think people are like this. It sickens me that people in an important position take advantage of it all.
I hate not being able to walk down the street at night because it's the number one street in the area for assaults.
It's sickening. I have already been sick today from this all.

My sincere condolences to you pjgrrrl. We knew you were from the area, but had no idea you actually knew the family. This is hard for everyone who has been praying for Jessica and hoping for her to be found safe, but nothing compared to how friends and family are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with all the many friends of Jessica and her family.:prayer: We can tell by the many people that joined her FB group, and all the effort that was put into trying to find her, that she was a wonderful person and is so very much loved! She is now with the angels and probably happy that monster was caught and in jail.
R.I.P. Jessica!
:rose::rose::rose:

My sincere condolences to you pjgrrrl. We knew you were from the area, but had no idea you actually knew the family. This is hard for everyone who has been praying for Jessica and hoping for her to be found safe, but nothing compared to how friends and family are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with all the many friends of Jessica and her family.:prayer: We can tell by the many people that joined her FB group, and all the effort that was put into trying to find her, that she was a wonderful person and is so very much loved! She is now with the angels and probably happy that monster was caught and in jail.
R.I.P. Jessica!
:rose::rose::rose:

Thank you, that means a lot.

It's not even that I knew her, or that she was a beautiful young woman. I feel the same towards men, or boys, etc that go missing. Like the young man missing from Hamilton right now. It kills me inside. I am too caring, and sometimes I wish I didn't care at all. It hurts too much

Pjgrrrl...I feel the same about men and boys of course-I grew up with 5 brothers-it is disgusting that any person has their life taken suddenly by violence. The consoling thought for me is that there is an after-life-this earthly existence is transitory. I envision glorious reunions.......and I will not apologize for this statement. In fact-I live for it.

Thanks!
Well 20s differs greatly from 40s, I think. (Or 37 as he would have been)

From what we know, we haven't heard of any weapons used- or anything of the sort. So far it sounds as if he wasn't into the weaponry as much as others rely on their blades. The two assaults that occurred were never clarified, nothing was released. Same with Comeau- but I am hoping they did that on purpose because NOTHING was released to us here. No warnings, no descriptions, nothing. The murder of Comeau was just sort of "ok, it happened".. But that was its entirety.

I can only hope now that the details can be released- that this was their way of not putting the investigation in jeopardy, anything to make sense of the lack of warnings to us.

So frustrating.

According to a CTV Ottawa report, the MacVicar case was the first murder the local police force had handled in many years. There were questions by the mayor and others about the competency of the force, and eventually the OPP stepped in. There's a video link on the right:

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...olved_Murders_090220/20090222/?hub=OttawaHome

I feel for you to Pjgrrrl, these cases are hard but is so much extra hard when you know someone involved in one of these needless & tragic cases.

I am assuming a knife is involved based on the police looking into the MacVicar case as she was stabbed combined with when they searched Jones home they seized a hunting knife as well as cameras, work boots, etc. He was a hunter & they didn't seize a gun. Although I know it hasn't officially been said, I see it as two "potential" clues that a knife could have been involved.

I feel for you to Pjgrrrl, these cases are hard but is so much extra hard when you know someone involved in one of these needless & tragic cases.

I am assuming a knife is involved based on the police looking into the MacVicar case as she was stabbed combined with when they searched Jones home they seized a hunting knife as well as cameras, work boots, etc. He was a hunter & they didn't seize a gun. Although I know it hasn't officially been said, I see it as two "potential" clues that a knife could have been involved.

Makes complete sense. I am so tired, everything I read just glazes over with me.

I have just been pacing and swearing all day. I feel dead

Amazing job by LE in catching this man, someone who normally would never have been considered a suspect. What an evil, twisted person. Raises some questions about the extent of similar crimes in the military.

I'm currently reading Patricia Cornwell's "Book of the Dead" about a serial killer who is an Iraq War vet. As they say, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Amazing job by LE in catching this man, someone who normally would never have been considered a suspect. What an evil, twisted person. Raises some questions about the extent of similar crimes in the military.

I'm currently reading Patricia Cornwell's "Book of the Dead" about an serial killer who is an Iraq War vet. As they say, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Very interesting that CFB Trenton sent out helicopters and ground personnel to assist in the search.

I wonder what author Julian Sher would have to say about this turn of events:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=a0e90932-59f8-4b6d-9bf0-6fad3d5e24ba

Publication ban on his bail hearing, and the identity of the sex assault victims.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100208/national/missing_belleville_woman

Are we allowed to sleuth if he might be connected to anything else? I found a bit of his history, and have already found some possibilities that match where he was at certain times.

Williams enrolled in the Canadian Forces in 1987, after obtaining an economic and political science degree from the University of Toronto. Receiving his wings in 1990, Williams was immediately posted to 434 Squadron in Shearwater, Nova Scotia, where he flew the CC144 Challenger. Later he was posted to 412 Transport Squadron in Ottawa where he flew the Challenger in the job of a VIP transport.
From August 2003 to 2004, Williams obtained a Master of Defence Studies from the Royal Military College.
Following a promotion to lieutenant-colonel in June 2004, he was appointed commanding officer of 437 Transport Squadron. He held the post for two years, serving for six months as commanding officer, Theatre Support Element at Camp Mirage.
In 2006, Williams was posted to the Directorate of Air Requirements where he served as project director for the airlift capability projects.

http://shieldmedia.ca/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=143&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=17907&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1944&hn=shieldmedia&he=.ca

Very interesting that CFB Trenton sent out helicopters and ground personnel to assist in the search.

I wonder what author Julian Sher would have to say about this turn of events:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=a0e90932-59f8-4b6d-9bf0-6fad3d5e24ba

Experts will be studying this guy for years to come - he's one for the textbooks. If you look at the news media photos of him (one of the news media links above had numerous, recent PR photos of him posing with dignitaries) he's calm, relaxed, confident, professional looking. He really knew how to compartmentalize his life and apparently felt little or no remorse for his crimes. I'm guessing no one who worked with him suspected him in any way.

Scary to the extreme.:eek:

Deputy Chief Paul Vandegraaf says a news conference will take place later this morning….possibly at the Wally Dever Arena.

I've read through and maybe missed it. Was this conference held?

I've been to that arena many times, but not for a long time. Go Bulls!

Just stopping in to express how sad and angry it makes me that such a beautiful young woman in her prime had her life deliberately extinguished by such an animal - and for the first woman who was also part of the Canadian service... how terrible for each of them, their families and Canadians in general. This is one case where I sincerely hope that justice is both harsh and swift - I see much lobbying for the death penalty to be considered in this case.

When I first heard of Jessica being missing, I thought of Kathleen MacVicar, who was murdered at Trenton several years ago. She was related to my great aunt's husband's family in NS and had recently moved to the area as there were greater job opportunities there for her and she had family that she could stay with. If memory serves right, she had only moved there a couple of weeks before her death - which devastated her family. If I recall correctly there was a suspect but no one was ever charged. Because she died on the base, there was an internal investigation - not by area police - and the matter was quickly put to bed without resolution.

I wonder if we can now determine whether this monster was in the area at the time of Kathleen's disappearance? My heart goes out to Kathleen's family too, as they must now be wondering if she was one of his earliest victims.

Kudos to the police force in this case for their good work.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2536807
He has been stationed in quite a few places Portage la Prairie, Man.,Shearwater, N.S. Gatineau, Quebec , that is just a few from the link, I am sure they will investigate everywhere he was stationed . The most interesting to me is the statement below, I am thinking someone suspected him to mention it. Why did they not call in a tip?
They wait until they go through a road block ? Perplexing to me.

Police say Col. Williams came to their attention as a result of information gathered during a roadside canvass on Highway 37.

ChaChaCha, I think you are right about Kathleen.

June 15, 2001

CFB Trenton

The 19-year-old Nova Scotia native lived on the base and was found in a wooded area two days after last being seen leaving a friend's home on foot.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...lved_macvicar_090222/20090222/?hub=OttawaHome

I also think we have a possible serial offender here. I am interested in looking into the other cases as well.

Just stopping in to express how sad and angry it makes me that such a beautiful young woman in her prime had her life deliberately extinguished by such an animal - and for the first woman who was also part of the Canadian service... how terrible for each of them, their families and Canadians in general. This is one case where I sincerely hope that justice is both harsh and swift - I see much lobbying for the death penalty to be considered in this case.

When I first heard of Jessica being missing, I thought of Kathleen MacVicar, who was murdered at Trenton several years ago. She was related to my great aunt's husband's family in NS and had recently moved to the area as there were greater job opportunities there for her and she had family that she could stay with. If memory serves right, she had only moved there a couple of weeks before her death - which devastated her family. If I recall correctly there was a suspect but no one was ever charged. Because she died on the base, there was an internal investigation - not by area police - and the matter was quickly put to bed without resolution.

I wonder if we can now determine whether this monster was in the area at the time of Kathleen's disappearance? My heart goes out to Kathleen's family too, as they must now be wondering if she was one of his earliest victims.

Kudos to the police force in this case for their good work.

bbm I agree we need the death penalty, but nothing ever came of it with the
Bernardo/ Holmolka case, and if anyone needed the death penalty they did.
I agree if convicted he should get the death penalty, but sadly our judicial system is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat