GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Here's a video that contains clips of Williams before he got caught out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfY1lvI3Ho

He came across as a straight-up guy who was friendly and approachable.

The part in the video (around 1.19 mark)where it is stated,that RW believes in strong ties to the community,is sadly laughable, considering that what he really means is strong ties wrapped tightly around the community. I wonder how many hints about his "hobbies" are given in other speeches(preaches)he has given ?
I have always thought that RW's eyes, spin around in his head like he was some kind of ventriloquist's dummy or a bobblehead,when he is "good ole Russ" and in still pictures, his eyes are steady,cold and reptilian.

The part in the video (around 1.19 mark)where it is stated,that RW believes in strong ties to the community,is sadly laughable, considering that what he really means is strong ties wrapped tightly around the community. I wonder how many hints about his "hobbies" are given in other speeches(preaches)he has given ?
I have always thought that RW's eyes, spin around in his head like he was some kind of ventriloquist's dummy or a bobblehead,when he is "good ole Russ" and in still pictures, his eyes are steady,cold and reptilian.

Black zip ties, to be more specific.

As for hints, now that you mention it, remember those photos of his cat (car?) on his Blackberry? Odd, the name "Rosebud" has a connection to the Battle of the Rosebud. I've also come up with another connection, just as intriguing.

Where there's a will there's a way. According to that newspaper column I posted a bit back, they could start by considering an obstruction of justice charge. As the person in charge of CFB Trenton, it is obvious that RW knew about the search for JL, and his personnel were involved in a search and rescue role. RW took photos of himself with media coverage of the search. Sins of omission and sins of comission are sins nonetheless. This one example shows that although JL was a civilian, RW was directly involved on behalf of the military.

If we consider the case of Gen. Daniel Menard, and obstruction of justice charges for acts that did not involve torture, degradation and murder, it seems obvious that the failure of the military to take further action is sending a message to Canadians. Taking away a couple of measly medals (did they even involve meritorious acts or self-sacrifice, or were they merely for time spent)? Taking away his rank? No severance pay, but a pension that will far eclipse it anyways?

The message being sent is that dishonorable people get court martials, but the most dishonorable of the bunch are above it. It must surely sting among the ranks when others who have committed far less grievous acts are court martialled, but the worst of the worst walk away. In an image-conscious era, you'd think the military would want to wash this stain away. But they don't seem to get it. Where there's a will there's a way.

The Provost Marshal and CFNIS should be called to task, even though they're busy:

http://www.canada.com/news/Military+confirms+sexual+assault+Afghan+base/3628479/story.html

IMO.

I don't disagree...I think it's awful.

Interesting article that probes this case in a different way.The comments section is also very good.
http://www.rabble.ca/news/2010/10/u...urders-were-about-power-not-personal-fetishes
One thing is clear: the effect of handling the case this way has been to feed into every stereotype about serial rapist murderers and to place Russell Williams as far away as possible from any description of humanness. That way we can file him tidily away in the mental vault we keep for depraved monsters.

Is that to ensure that few of us will be prompted to wonder just how and where he fits on our socially sanctioned continuum of male violence against women? Is that so we don't learn something that would implicate our military institutions, our systems of law enforcement, our courts of law, our legislators, and all of us in a wilful and systematic blindness to the inequities and inequalities that oppress womenfolk every hour of every day of every year in which we live?

The fit between police and lawerly narrative and mainstream media reportage is so "almost perfect" it's hard to resist conspiracy theory. The media was prompted to refer over and over and over again to the vast distance between Williams's impeccable behaviour in everyday life and the "perverted," then criminally" depraved," then sadistically assaultive and finally murderous acts he perpetrated on girls and women.

He is intelligent and was ambitious. He attained a high rank in a military institution that Canadians are taught to revere and not to question. He did things that many people are lucky enough not to be able to imagine. The only explanation is that he is a depraved sex pervert who acted beyond the pale in his "private" life and that -- hey! -- in fact, he can't be explained. Case closed.

He is intelligent and was ambitious. He attained a high rank in a military institution that Canadians are taught to revere and not to question. He did things that many people are lucky enough not to be able to imagine. The only explanation is that he is a depraved sex pervert who acted beyond the pale in his "private" life and that -- hey! -- in fact, he can't be explained. Case closed.

Exactly.

People can try to link things that happened in his life together. They can try to even explain as to why he called his pet cat the name he did. We can try to examine his childhood and adolescence. We can easily try to blame the military for his actions and not "catching" it. We can try to theorize the most simple of things and try to find links to this behaviour.

But, people don't come with instruction manuals. Sometimes it is, what it is..no explanation. Some people in this world are just evil. Period. I truly believe that. He's one of them. He's beyond any set guidelines.

Exactly.

People can try to link things that happened in his life together. They can try to even explain as to why he called his pet cat the name he did. We can try to examine his childhood and adolescence. We can easily try to blame the military for his actions and not "catching" it. We can try to theorize the most simple of things and try to find links to this behaviour.

But, people don't come with instruction manuals. Sometimes it is, what it is..no explanation. Some people in this world are just evil. Period. I truly believe that. He's one of them. He's beyond any set guidelines.

I couldn't agree with you more SomeGirl. All the pyschiatrists, profilers, etc. in the world can interview him and they aren't going to learn anything other than he is just evil, it's not going to help stop the next maniac out on the streets.

Personally, I don't blame the military for not catching him, nor do I feel they owe Canadians any explanation whatsoever - they have apololgized, they have stripped him of his medals, removed his title, etc. The man is in prison for the rest of his life, and like the article that Dotr posted - case closed.

Black zip ties, to be more specific.

As for hints, now that you mention it, remember those photos of his cat (car?) on his Blackberry? Odd, the name "Rosebud" has a connection to the Battle of the Rosebud. I've also come up with another connection, just as intriguing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane
Citizen Kane?
Kane's career in the publishing world is born of idealistic social service, but gradually evolves into a ruthless pursuit of power. Narrated principally through flashbacks, the story is revealed through the research of a newsreel reporter seeking to solve the mystery of the newspaper magnate's dying word: "Rosebud."

Kane spends his last years building his vast estate and lives alone, interacting only with his staff. The butler recounts that Kane had said "Rosebud" after Susan left him, right after seeing a snow globe.

At Xanadu, Kane's belongings are being catalogued, most of which are practically worthless. During this time, Thompson finds that he is unable to solve the mystery and concludes that "Rosebud" will forever remain an enigma. He theorizes that "Mr. Kane was a man who got everything he wanted, and then lost it. Maybe Rosebud was something he couldn't get, or something he lost." In the ending of the film, it is revealed to the audience that Rosebud was the name of the sled from Kane's childhood - an allusion to the only time in his life when he was truly happy. The sled, thought to be junk, is burned and destroyed by Xanadu's departing staff in a basement furnace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane

In 1989, essayist Gore Vidal cited contemporary rumors that "Rosebud" was a nickname Hearst used for his mistress Marion Davies; a reference to her clitoris,[38][39] a claim repeated as fact in the 1996 documentary The Battle Over Citizen Kane and again in the 1999 dramatic film RKO 281. Film critic Roger Ebert has been a bit more specific than Vidal about the source, saying on his commentary track for the September 2001 DVD release that "Herman Mankiewicz, the co-author with Welles of the screenplay, happened to know that "Rosebud" was William Randolph Hearst's pet name for an intimate part of Marion Davies' anatomy."[32][40] A resultant joke noted, with heavy innuendo, that Hearst and/or Kane died "with 'Rosebud' on his lips."[29]

Interesting fact when i searched Citizen Kane..

From a Toronto Star column:

What ethical obligation do we have as a society to prevent people like him from choosing their own death?
We are compelled, therefore, to consider this question in a light fuelled by more than pure vengeance or economics.

the greatest mercy society can offer at that point is to take the suicide watch off, and let him do as he wills.

http://www.thestar.com/living/food/...-was-important-that-williams-face-his-victims

Part of a reader's response:

living within a relentless hell to haunt him for the rest of his life is befitting a well-deserved penalty. To remove the safety watch and permit him an escape, self-induced or otherwise, would allow him the opportunity to thwart justice.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/letters/article/887683--a-living-hell-for-williams

I would really hate to see him off himself. Kind of his last hurrah to the world. I want him to sit in his tiny broom closet of a cell, pacing like the animal that he is.

Gone is the world of running, piloting, having others cater to his every order, fancy dinner parties, enjoying his cottage and his new $700,000 dream home, his prestige, his freedom.

I really hope they're watching him closely to ensure he doesn't get that easy way out.

Why would they print/post/publicize the President, his wife, and his kids code names? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of HAVING a code name? lol

I would really hate to see him off himself. Kind of his last hurrah to the world. I want him to sit in his tiny broom closet of a cell, pacing like the animal that he is.

Gone is the world of running, piloting, having others cater to his every order, fancy dinner parties, enjoying his cottage and his new $700,000 dream home, his prestige, his freedom.

I really hope they're watching him closely to ensure he doesn't get that easy way out.
He can have a TV is he pays for it. I wonder if his wife will stick with him. Has she visited him?

The colonel has the same stern expression in all the pics that were released. It's as if he was reporting for inspection. Hmmm.. maybe that's a weird fantasy of his, mixing his military experiences with the fetish.

IMO, his 'fetishism' and moreso wearing girls' underwear, and then checking himself out in the mirror, could show that deep inside he would have rather be born a girl. He had no 'control' over that, he felt powerless.
His stern expression in the pics were he could be 'reporting for inspection' (as you said), could show that he was not too satisfied with the reflection on the mirror :loser:

His wearing girls'/young women's underwear under his military uniform shows to me (JMO) total disrespect of the uniform; like he is mocking it (JMO)

All in all, he was mixing his military experiences with 'power' and 'control' (or lack of it in certain aspects).

Violating all those homes, little girl's bedrooms, and spending all those hours checking out their private belongings, masturbating all over their dressers, beds, panties; by degrading women, torturing and ultimately murdering two of them, could have made him feel all powerful and in total control. This behaviour could potentially show how he feels about women.

Makes you wonder about a lot of other things. He surely didn't start having those 'feelings/fantasies' when he hit his forties, and doubt he would have suppressed those for so many years, if you know what I mean ;) don't ask me, just use your imaginations, LOL.

Which brings us to question if there could be more victims out there from when he was younger/raging hormones? We just don't know yet for sure, so nobody should be saying "no, that it is not possible".
Only RW knows that, and all the experts out there have already agreed that RW is NOT going to volunteer that info.

He is not unique, and is not the first one, nor the last one. Just happens that many others are/were able not to be caught. Had he not left that tire track, he would still be in business, isn't that right?
The best lesson to learn from all these tragedies is that monsters don't only lurk in the dark, they also lurk in high-position places.

NOTE: As always, this is all just my own opinion, and I would appreciate if it is read just as that, as a whole.
Haven't written this to be dissected, sentence by sentence nor paragraph by paragraph.
I have not claimed to be an expert, just my own opinions.

Editing to add a disclaimer: Just in case it is not obvious to some, English is not my first language, in fact it is not even my second language, but my third, so I apologize in advance for any grammar, spelling mistakes or wrong use of words. Thank You.

Where there's a will there's a way. According to that newspaper column I posted a bit back, they could start by considering an obstruction of justice charge. As the person in charge of CFB Trenton, it is obvious that RW knew about the search for JL, and his personnel were involved in a search and rescue role. RW took photos of himself with media coverage of the search. Sins of omission and sins of commission are sins nonetheless. This one example shows that although JL was a civilian, RW was directly involved on behalf of the military.

If we consider the case of Gen. Daniel Menard, and obstruction of justice charges for acts that did not involve torture, degradation and murder, it seems obvious that the failure of the military to take further action is sending a message to Canadians. Taking away a couple of measly medals (did they even involve meritorious acts or self-sacrifice, or were they merely for time spent)? Taking away his rank? No severance pay, but a pension that will far eclipse it anyways?

The message being sent is that dishonorable people get court martials, but the most dishonorable of the bunch are above it. It must surely sting among the ranks when others who have committed far less grievous acts are court martialled, but the worst of the worst walk away. In an image-conscious era, you'd think the military would want to wash this stain away. But they don't seem to get it. Where there's a will there's a way.

The Provost Marshal and CFNIS should be called to task, even though they're busy:

http://www.canada.com/news/Military+confirms+sexual+assault+Afghan+base/3628479/story.html

IMO.
Very good post Summer ~ lots of food for thought and reflexion.

After all Rules are made by men and Nothing is written in stone.

Laws can be amended ~ exceptions can be added to the rules

How can a minor offense receive a bigger punishment than what Williams have done while holding such a honourable position? It just doesn't make any sense.

Maybe the military could hold a referendum? Take into account Canadian citizen's opinions? Maybe if they can collect One Million Signatures (just to post a number) they could add a Clause to the rules?
IDK, whatever they can think of

Like you cited Summer: Where there's a will there's a way.

which translates into : there is no will

and why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members